Awoo.

Favorite Mario Series Villains Topic

Tails spin

This is a topic to talk about your favorite Mario badies. They can be from any series in the Mario Universe (Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion, etc)

Roy Koopa

250px-Roy_1.jpg

One of my favorite Koopalings. The early games may have not given him much of a personality but I like his tough guy look, and the DIC cartoons gave him a personality that I though was equal to what he would be like in the games.

Larry Koopa

200px-Larry_NSMBWii.png

I like his design over all. Ever since I was a little kid he was my favorite koopaling. The DIC cartoons didn't really feel to me that it was his character. I just wish he would be in the sports titles since he is said to like tennis.

Iggy Koopa

250px-Iggy.jpg

I like Iggy because of his demented personality. I thought NSMBWii did a great job with given him some personality with his demented laughter.

Hammer Bro

250px-Hammer_Bro._Party_8.png

Hammer Bro is my go to koopa in Super Mario Strikers. I like his design and the Hammer suit in SMB3 which is based on him is something I like as well.

King Boo

250px-Buuhuusluggazz.PNG

I like the Boo class, but King Boo specially since it seems now that he is Luigi's main archenemy.

So what are your favorites.

DimentioPose.JPG

Dimentio from Super Paper Mario was a pretty cool villain. He was smart, mischievous and sly as hell...and he can travel through dimensions and create his own dimensions, which is pretty damn cool.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 5

Fawful:

537px-NTR_MarioLuigi3_07char_E3.jpg

Haven't played Superstar Saga, but I played through all of Bowser's Inside Story and I must say he made that game quite a bit more charming. His little end speech just after you beat him was hilarious.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bowser? haha, no

Dimentio? Fuck that

Dark Bowser? NOPE.

Fawful? TRY AGAIN

Cackletta? Ew what...

Shroobs? nah

My favorite

the best in the whole fucking series?

Koopa_Bros..jpg

KOOPA BROS MOTHER FUCKERS

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay...this is actually a lot harder than I first thought...

Bowser is awesome and all, but Mario has come across many other cool baddies over the years...it's hard to choose one...I guess I'll start with this guy:

PM2_LordCrump.jpg

Four Eyes

...wait, that's not right...

200px-Lord_Crump.jpg

Lord Crump: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

A main villain often has one of two types of second-in-command. There are usually either smarter and sarcastic or a bumbling fool. Crump often appears as the bumbling fool and brings a lot of humour to the game, (but most characters do that anyway, since it's so well written) he also has similarities to Dr Eggman, which makes me like him even more. His glasses and chubby body. His trademark laugh "Buh! Buh huh huh!" And a giant robot.

Even though he is shown as a fool, his plans to stop Mario & Co show signs of intelligence. Like when he jumped Mario & Co and successfully stole the Emerald Star (Although briefly) after planting a time bomb within the Great Tree at Boggly Woods. Or his successful infiltration with the help of a disguise, as part of Marios crew, and waited for him to defeat Cortez, where he would then make his move. His speech patterns and catchphrases are another reason I like him so much.

"And with that...pow! I'm gone!"

• Thumbs Up 3

Bowser will always be my favorite. He obviously gets the girl more than Mario and is a million more times than better and more interesting than him. Not to mention if he was Godzilla sized and curled around his castle that would make a good album cover.

Wario you say? He doesn't count because he's a hero, a hero of the bored! He has helped many to be entertained by his glorious games.

Waluigi? He doesn't count either because he makes everything funny.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Fuck all you guys. Wario is truly the greatest villain...nay, THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME CHARACTER OF ALL TIME.

Such beauty. Such grace. Such strength.

If you don't look at Wario and instantly void your bowels out of sheer terror and arousal, you best get to a hospital, son, because something's seriously wrong with you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Shadow_queen_1.png

Anyone who has played The Thousand Year Door knows what I'm talking about. For me, the Shadow Queen is the one that had the most impact, on both a mental and emotional level.

Half of it is the build-up before you even fight her. The Shadow Queen in herself contrasts greatly with the usual Mario fare, and this is extended to the music and the location of where she resides: the Palace of Shadow. The dark remixes of Mario tunes such as the Underground and Bowser's Castle theme almost makes it so that the palace itself is taunting you, fully aware that this is unlike nothing that most Mario fans have experienced before. It convinces you that this demon and her machinations are not to be underestimated, and builds up to a conflict with an enemy that you already know is dangerous without even meeting her.

And then when you do see her, jeez! Not only does she immediately zap the main antagonist and harvest the gameplay audience (and a gameplay mechanic) but also represents a mental challenge to most veteran Mario players through her possessing of Peach. Hell, even if TTYD had been your first Mario game, Peach's rescue had always been the end goal to all of your troubles, so to fight her at the end was shocking for me. My experience with Mario games and previous rescues of Peach just made the impact all the greater.

So in short, I really love this villain because she represents a place where Nintendo hadn't really gone before and I don't have gone to since, especially with Mario. Even if you didn't take the mass murdering and the Peach possession into account, she is easily the darkest villain that the Mario series has ever had, and everything from this chapter hit that point home. The music and locale played with your instincts and emotions just as much as the Shadow Queen did by possessing Peach., ant to be honest, I don't think any villain has come close to matching the emotional impact that she had on me.

A fantastic end to a brilliant piece of gaming. My original post was extremely long with lots of media links, but I've shortened it down to this to fit the guidelines. Look up Chapter 8 of TTYD to really get what I mean. It truly is breathtaking, and so is the villain.

• Thumbs Up 3

I HAVE CHORTLES!

BLASPHEMY. Its I have Fury...

I still have no idea what Chortles are, nor do I want to find out.

250px-MLSSpopple.jpg

I've always loved Popple, the Beanbean kingdom's greatest thief! Popple has some of the best fights in the entire game, he looks cool, and he even got Bowser himself to work for him, now thats an accomplshment. Not to mention his b

is just pure win.
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's been a while, but I would like Wario to actually be a villain again, if just for one game. (How many games has he been a villain in - two, maybe? Super Mario Land 2 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl?) Bonus points if you pair him with Waluigi and actually do something interesting with the character rather than filling out character rosters in multiplayer games.

Also... Kamek, I guess? Again, in a sort of "missed opportunity" capacity. He should've been the final boss of Yoshi's Island DS, instead of an underwhelming attempt to imitate the strength of the original.

Wendy Koopa

for the Rule 34

aw yeah.

i actually don't know many Mario villains, i'd like to see Shadow Mario play a bigger part in future games, was pretty badass Mario getting framed for Shadow Mario's antics.

Shadow Mario is just Bowser Jr in disguise.

And who likes Bowser Jr?

i know that, the concept of an evil Mario was awesome though, way to state the obvious and miss the point.