Awoo.

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga

pppp

Alright for those that don't know the ending of FFXIII-2 was a cliffhanger and Square announced that in the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event taking place between August 31st and September 2nd there wii be a presentation of how they're gonna keep milking the XIII story for all its worth:

http://finalfantasy-...tember-1st.html

Thoughts?

Edited by pppp

I wish they would just let this pathetic FFXIII series end already, its like watching a never-ending train wreck.

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 4

I for one really like the story and want a conclusion so they can move on to something new. 13-2 pissed me off with it's ending and even DLC reqiuem of the goddess dlc. I'll look forward to the plot and the music. That's it. Gameplay can kiss my ass.

I'm playing XIII and will probably buy XIII-2 after this.

Liking the story so far and will be looking for this one.

Edited by Tmsp

I just keep feeling better and better about my decision not to play Final Fantasy XIII at all. I have ordered Final Fantasy The Rhythm, though - Square still knows how to tickle my nostalgia bones.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it the story or the gameplay that seems to piss people off? Or is it both?

The only problem I have with it is Hope...

But I guess it is pretty much linear.

I actually like the games for what they're worth. And plus, the visuals are great. Also, I like Ali Hillis! She's great as Lightning, and as Palutena, as well. I wanna hear more of her as Lightning in the next installment, as well as in Kingdom Hearts III.

As many of you are probably already aware, I'm one of the few people that actually loved Final Fantasy XIII. The battle system was unique and very fun, the storyline was highly engaging, and the characters were all very well-done. The visuals were also spectacular and the soundtrack was awesome. The linearity didn't bother me because I thought it worked for the story progression and gave the game a sense of urgency.

I couldn't stomach more than ten hours of XIII-2. All of the "depth" that they added to the gameplay amounted to idiotic fetch quests and kindergarten puzzles, and most character interaction had no rhyme or reason. Random encounters were brought back and were more obnoxious than ever, a move that I cannot for the life of me understand. The battle system was crippled somewhat by the fact that the third party member was always a monster, which was considerably weaker than Serah and Noel and also leveled up differently. On top of all of the horrid design decisions, the storyline was some of the most moronic garbage I've ever seen, and the fact that it basically revolved around a massive retcon to XIII's satisfying ending was downright insulting. Even the graphics had one of the most inexcusably bad framerates I've ever seen, and the soundtrack was horrid. Long story short, it was an insipid mockery of the JRPG genre.

So I'm not exactly keen on a XIII-3, and the fact that they're basically milking a game that at least half the fanbase utterly despised baffles me. XIII-2 didn't exactly sell incredible amounts, either, so I don't really see why they would do this. Of course, this is assuming it is a XIII-3. Regardless, I'm going to be really cautious about whatever's coming next; if they want my money, I'd better see some serious improvements over the last one. Unfortunately, I don't exactly see that coming.

FF XIII-2 sold about 2 million. I'm sure that is decent enough for Square Enix to invest into a 3rd game.

They can't abandon the story like that. There has to be a XIII-3, and it will be a day one buy for me.

Honestly I don't care what the clown haters say, I enjoy the series so far along with its soundtrack. But they have to make Lightning playable this time. It's weird that the main character of the series was not fully playable in the sequel.

They can't abandon the story like that.

Sure they can. Just say "We're sorry we made two shitty games and we're ready to move on", and do just that. It's not like we'd be losing anything substantial.

Square Enix can kiss my ass; I'm buying KH3D used. I don't want these clowns getting my money considering they wouldn't recognize a good reason to spend it if it kicked them in the face.

Well that's kinda spiteful.....

Not my fault they waste all of their money on shitty games. The only decent games they've released in years have all been on handhelds.

Handheld games that im pretty sure are made by a diffrent team anyway and not related to the same team shitting out XIII sequels, I personally would have no trouble giving credit where credit is due, if I can genuinely enjoy a game of theirs, I'd buy it despite their infamous reputation. Not buying a perfectly good good game on the sole grounds that you don't care for the company that makes them is kinda silly.

And I just realize how many parallels they have to Sega when they were in the same spot (especiallyin the "the only good games they make are on handhelds" similarity)

Edited by The Noodle
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sure they can. Just say "We're sorry we made two shitty games and we're ready to move on", and do just that. It's not like we'd be losing anything substantial.

I honestly can't believe they wasted a time travel mechanic on FFXIII-2 rather than making another fucking Chrono game.

Oh, dear. I honestly wonder how this'll turn out, I'm not exactly a fan of FFXIII's battle system.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, what about that new TWEWY game, Square?

Or FF13 Versus?

I find it absolutely hilarious that we are all waiting for one guy to complete massive games.

I find it absolutely hilarious that we are all waiting for one guy to complete massive games.

Considering he's the only competent person in charge of making games over there... :P

It makes you wonder what the hell everyone else is doing, right?

Well, to be fair, while the actual video game company makes lukewarm console games and their talent seems to be stringent at the moment, Square Enix has a shit ton of subsidiaries that make excellent video games such as Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Deus Ex and etc. They could just as easily pluck some talent away from those guys and put it in their ranks, but for some reason, they lack the incentive to integrate foreigners in their company. As long as the keep selling games like Final Fantasy 13, they have no real interest to buck the trend of linearity unless Nomura just wants to do a project like that for the sake of doing a project like that.

Edited by turbojet

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys so we got news from Yoshinori Kitase(For those that don't know he's Final Fantasy's equivalent of Takashi Iizuka) that the continuation is in early stages of production, which basically implies that it is a full blown game and not DLC. Consider Final Fantasy XIII-3 almost confirmed:

http://www.playstati...cently-started/

Thoughts?

Edited by pppp

Well, to be fair, while the actual video game company makes lukewarm console games and their talent seems to be stringent at the moment, Square Enix has a shit ton of subsidiaries that make excellent video games such as Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Deus Ex and etc.

Edited by Autosaver