Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

There was this one victory phrase from the announcer that was said when Big won, that I didn't understand at all. It was something like this:

"The big cat gets the cream... I mean... Big won that one!"

Go on then, I'm not wading through 8 pages for questions to answer :P

Generally, happy or unhappy?

---

S0L

---

\

Does that answer your question? :)

And it's alright about blocking ASM online. The races are still as hectic without them, so I don't really feel the loss.

\o/ I was trying to save for an XNA subscription for further Sonic Related shenanigans I might be involved in, but I ended up blowing it to buy this game. xP I regret nothing!!

TL;DR: S0L, I want to bear your children-- this game is excellent.

ITT: S0L owes me an XNA subscription, since what I'm doing directly relates back to him ;P

Edited by Aptiva

Reminds me, did S0L say why All Stars are turned off Online?

Edited by Veritech Guardian

• Sonic News

I am quite happy with it, but the narrow franchises used for the course selection is still dissapointing, even though we've known about it for weeks.

Character selection is great. Coulda done without Big and Amy though. Needs more Ristar, Panzer Dragoon, and Daytona.

So from the title screen, it takes 10 minutes+ to load the main menu. PS3 version.

What the hell, this is dreadful.

Edit: Brand new PS3, and obviously brand new game. PAL version.

Edited by II Sora II

So from the title screen, it takes 10 minutes+ to load the main menu. PS3 version.

What the hell, this is dreadful.

Edit: Brand new PS3, and obviously brand new game. PAL version.

I'm not sure whats wrong with your stuff there, but takes no where near that long for me.

On another note since I posted this on the SEGA Boards I'll share here my time trial times lol. >.>'

PS3 Version.

All Sonic here unless noted;

1st Whale Lagoon 00:38:218

2nd Icicle Vally 00:32:221

2nd Roulette Road 00:50:528

2nd Sunshine Tour 00:45:364

1st Shibuya Downtown 00:48:007

1st Outer Forest 00:41:158

1st Turbine Loop 00:45:345

2nd Treetops 00:31:170

(Eggman) 1st Rampart Road 00:56:992

1st Dark Arsenal 1:02:097

2nd Jump Parade 00:56:597

1st Pinball Highway 1:06:119

(Eggman) 1st Sewer Scrapes 00:53:724

1st Lost Palace 00:58:073

2nd Sandy Drifts 00:50:190

1st Rokkaku Hill 00:51:084

1st Rocky-Coaster 00:57:697

1st Highway Zero 00:47:819

1st Deadly Route 00:56:135

1st Ocean Hill 01:13:295

1st Bingo Party 00:46:621

(Ryo Forklift) 1st Lava Lair 01:09:499

1st Monkey Target 01:18:301

1st Thunder Deck 01:03:120

Edited by Veritech Guardian

Is there supposed to be trophies in this game? Because it's not listed in my Trophy Collection.

Okay now I'm starting to get worried (coupled with the above post of course).

He cited latency as the problem. Apparently all that crap going on caused issues.

My only problem with the game is I still haven't resieved my Ryo Forklift code (my game came yesterday & i'm wondering what's going on?) :unsure: .

Other than that it's a brillant game (even though those Super Monkey Ball levels are hard to know where to go :P )

Just got the Wii and DS versions. Not played the DS version aside from the demo yet.

Liking the Wii version so far, save for a few minor niggles;

-Lack of proper map makes courses a little confusing at times

-Drift sensitivity is a little heavy, when drifting it doesn't seem to register unless you turn quite sharply (using the wheel)

-Framerate can be a little bleh at times.

Incidentally, does Ryo (he was the first character I rushed to buy =P) have reused or new voice clips? And if it's the latter, is it the original VA? It was hard to tell.

Shame though, I was hoping one of his opening lines would be to ask about sailors. D:

There was this one victory phrase from the announcer that was said when Big won, that I didn't understand at all. It was something like this:

"The big cat gets the cream... I mean... Big won that one!"

It might be playing off of an expression 'Like a cat that got the cream' as in: If someone looks very pleased with themselves and happy, they look like a cat that got the cream.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wahoo finally got my Ryo-F code, sucks I can't activate it until I get to my mums with actual Internet in 2 weeks -_-

Holy fuck how gorgeous is Dino Mountain, a Billy sequel with those graphics would be omg

Okay, played it for a few hours now mostly in online mutli.

So far, it's pretty darn good. Online is really intense and a lot of fun. Ryo is my main at the moment and he's just awesome. The ground tricks are really helpful.

So the game itself is very good but I'm still hoping somebody could help me out with getting the trophies to appear. I mean the game isn't listed in my PS3 Trophy Library at all, plus I'm worried about the 10 minutes it takes for me to get onto the main menu from the title screen. It really does load for 10 minutes.

The glitch I was talking about:

Not game breaking, I could still drive about and fire boxing gloves, in fact it was rather funny.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Right then, I'll mop some up, but we're really pleased you are all having fun. And yes, I'm taking a note of comments for whatever we do next :)

Thank you for clearly that up, but I have a question. I delved a bit earlier and been hearing some people say they saw an all-star move or two online on the Wii version, others say they've never seen one, but only the Wii version I have heard this in. I have even seen a demonstration once when watching a stream... Is that a like a bug or only for wii or what? I haven't seen it anywhere else besides one instance on a stream, and more so the reports are minimal, but a bit confused?

There's no All-Star moves online on any platform. Basically those moves are quite complicated and extremely difficult to network. We did a few of them too, and the latency we were seeing didn't work very nicely. Rather than put something in that didn't work to everyones expectations - we thought it better to disable them online for a better play experience.

If you're seeing someone do All-Star moves online, they've hacked the game. Kick them out of the lobby :)

I'm happy! I'm very interested to see what to expect for DLC. :D

Speaking hypothetically of course:

Would it be more cost and time effective for Sumo to release one BIG pack after a comfortable amount of dev time (6-8 months maybe?) or to release smaller single bits of DLC sooner like one racer or one track?

You'll hear more about DLC very soon. I don't want to steal SEGA's thunder on this. But you'll be seeing some sooner than you expect - and it's AWESOME. I've just played it :)

S0L, will you ever show us some concept art of stuff that hasn't made it in the game?

I'll see what I can do on this. Traditionally it's quite hard to release art that's not been approved by SEGA Japan, as we need to make sure any 'official' release of art is consistent with the 'expected' looks of their characters.

is there gonna be patch to lock the frame rate up ?

There already is on 360. We're still tweaking with the engine, so you may well see further improvements when we launch the DLC. It's pretty smooth now though for the final release, don't expect a jump to 60fps though...!

Also S0L what's happened to the advertising for the game?

There's TV advertising over the next two weeks, I've not seen it yet mind :)

S0L: The inclusion of Big the Cat was the best idea ever.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

See, Big is great - I told you all. One of my favourite characters in the game, the animators had a proper field day with him :)

I did - look up there :)

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 2

You'll hear more about DLC very soon. I don't want to steal SEGA's thunder on this. But you'll be seeing some sooner than you expect - and it's AWESOME. I've just played it :)

Awesome! Sooner than we expect is always good! :)

I noticed that there was an update for the 360 version, and now that you mentioned it was for framerate issues, I see why I was having such a smooooooth experience. B)

S0L, I'm really, really pleased with the game ^^ It's a solid racing game and I dare to say, better than any Mario Kart game. I'm not a fan of this kind of games, but this one has something unique that makes me want to play more.

As a Big fan, I can say your work on him is fantastic. He's my main racer now :)

The animations are really awesome, we're not playing with a bunch of polygons, we're playing with characters "alive".

I only regret there are so few tracks based on others IP. But some of them are incredible. The underwater tunnel in the underwater ruins is an awesome idea, I didn't expect that, I was blown away by its beauty. And the Sambas stages are so colorful it's a pleasure to the eyes !

I too would like more concept-arts. (Oh yes, please post Big's)

Also, is the "Palmtree Panic" track in the DS version?

You know the suggestive themes? Well if I look at someone on my friends list (ps3) who is playing the game it says the following.

"playing Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, Racing in the frontend" and it could be my pervy mind. But I'm sure I've seen it say at one point. "Racing at the backend." urn.... Really? Well at least it doesn't include the characters name, e.g something like, "Racing in Bigs backend" or "racing in Amys front end"

Also S0L what's happened to the advertising for the game?

Been in my local GAME, Gamestation and HMV today who all had it on those ceiling TV's, behind the counter TV's and HMV also had it on two TV's on their Xbox 360 area/lounge where you can sit on the sofa and have a play. GAME also had an ASR themed cardboard rack attached to the end of one of those centre of the store pre-owned game shelves with PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions stocked up in it. Thats all I've seen though, no posters, no cardboard cubes and no cardboard holder on the counter. Gamestation had a box full of those small Sonic plushies shelved where the game was :lol:

It's A Banjo Kazooie Track Aint It Sol ;)

Go take a look on Sonic Retro, where on one hand they're complaining the PC doesn't have online, and a few posts later they're linking to Wii ISO's and DS Roms. That's why you don't have online on the PC.

This made me lol :lol:

Never expected you guys checking Retro (awesome site, but it supports that "not so nice" stuff, but it's all for archiving, hacking and moddings sake AFAIK)...

What's next? you going to X-Cult and Sonic Pass*banned*

I'm not going to recieve my pay till the end of march, so I can't get the game yet :( , I really envy you guys, I hope you upload more stuff, my favourite characthers so far (I saw tehm in videos) are Big (he is awesome and you know it) and Opa Opa (crazy animated character is crazy and animated).

BTW, has anyone seen Opa Opa's all star? How is it?

EDIT: I really hope for a NiGHTS Track :)(and playable NiGHTS)

Edited by imarafan