Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Dude, wait, what? Out of vehicle? D:

Ha ha, I wish, You glitch underneath the board walks and can drive around until you fall in a gap between some of the underneath planks, if you tap the trick button while driving around underthere you can sometimes do your tricks which in Aiai's case is a big jump in the air which coincidentally is just high enough a jump to look like he's standing on the boardwalk outside of his vehicle :lol:

Give it a try :)

Ahh, right. X3 How easy is the glitch to do?

Pretty easy, get to the start of the last target then drive along and drift off the end of the target into the side of the boardwalk and you should glitch your way into it.

There's been a few times where I somehow got bumped off the first dip on Roulette Road, but other than that I've been glitch free.

I never knew arm wrestling music could be such a great fit for a racing game! I stand corrected.

I'm falling in love with the Chuchus. I had thought the heavies were kinda weak but now I'm starting to use them properly I'm really seeing their potential. It's just a shame that others aren't doing so too, but time may change that. Right now too many are just playing it safe with the light characters.

LONG POST WARNING!

So, since it's Saturday and for some reason I don't have anything to do this weekend I will post something I found @Retro... thanks to nineko (because he shared the files, not that I know him or anything) I got my hands on the sound files of the game, So I could hear (almost) all the things the characther and (AFAIK, not checked all yet) all the announcer commentaries.

I noticed some interesting (and funny) stuff wich I would like to know if it is in the game or not since I don't see anyone talking about them.

IMPORTANT: I haven't played the game yet, so maybe what I am talking about sounds like total nonsense, please bear with my ignorance, I just want to know about some details of the game wich hasn't been mentioned before in this thread.

Challenge Cup: I don't know what is this, but there is 2 of them, "challenge cup" per se and "expert challenge cup", if there is something like that in the game I would love if you guys could explain me how "challenging" this cups are. :)

The announcer is everywhere!!!1!: this is probably in the game (since I heard the announcer in some videos) but I didn't knew about that, the announcer is in every menu of the game, I noticed he is even in the shop... He welcomes you to the shop, he often talks to you when you are looking around, and even tells you some random things when you purchase something, I love the one when he says that his brother also pruchased the item you choose. :P

MOAR Announcer: Another bit I didn't knew, the announcer also talks to you during mission mode, he often talks to you when you do something right or wrong, he also talks to you at the end of the mission deppending of the rank you got.

Rivals (race to win, RACE TO WIN, RACE TO WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN): Another thing I would like to know if there is in the game or not, it's probably related to the missions since I heard a mention of a "defeat the rival" mission on the files, I also hear the announcer mentioning another option to select your rival... could you please explain me this one? :)

Reverse tracks: this one is interesting, there appears to be a reverse version of about 1/3 of the tracks, maybe this is related to the challenge cup. :mellow:

Alternate names: I don't know if this is in the game, but it seems to be at least 2 versions of the characther names, they are mostly "just the first name" and "full name" (ex. "Sonic the Hedgehog"/"Sonic") but there are sme interesting ones, like "Bonanza bros."/"Mobo and Robo", "Chu Chu's"/"Chu Chu pilots" (IIRC), I lol'd at "Zobio and Zobiko", wich alternate name is "Zombie Boy and Zombie Girl". :lol:

"Player#" Commentaries: I have watched an all Avatar race and the announcer was almost mute during the entire thing, but it seems to be commentaries for different actions for all the players (wich I suppose where made for the nameless "Avatars" and "Miis") from player 1 to 8, is this in the final game or not?

Favourites?: I don't know how to name this one, it seems like the announcer also seems to choose a racer before a race and say who think it has the more chances of winning: ex. "Amy is my clear, and kina of cute, Favourite for this race", or, "If I have to predict a winner for this one, I have to say Sonic".

Custom courses: seriously, was this one supposed to be in the game? I heard a line of the announcer saying "this custom build course, is where all the hottest messiest action takes place"... :blink: , Maybe they were talking about some of the Final Fortress tracks (you know, because Eggman made them :P )

Space Fortress?: it seems like one of the Final Fortress tracks was supposed to be in space <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png' alt=':o'> , I heard things like "stratospheric action" or "the track is located in an out of this world spaceship"... or maybe there was a Space Channel 5 track, I just associated it with Final Fortress, because it is in the same group of files

Challenges?: it seems to happen whe some racer is about to overtake another one, but I never heard the announcer mentioning this in the gamplay I saw, so maybe it's one of thoose scrapped things <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'> (ex: "Take a look at this challenge folks", "Here we go folks we got a position under fire", "We've got ourselves some challege action right here, right now!", "So... Let's see how this challenge plays out", "it's challenge time in racer town people, oh yeah!"). Anyways, I mostly think I never heard about this one because overtakes are not so common in some races" =P , also, the characther specific sounds corresponding to this group are actually used.

Thats all I found... :)

Ta da? D:

Edited by imarafan
  • Thumbs Up 1

LONG POST WARNING!

Space Fortress?: it seems like one of the Final Fortress tracks was supposed to be in space <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_ohmy.png' alt=':o'> , I heard things like "stratospheric action" or "the track is located in an out of this world spaceship"... or maybe there was a Space Channel 5 track, I just associated it with Final Fortress, because it is in the same group of files

I do remember reading that there were going to be like 30 tracks and some got scrapped. It is likely that Space Channel 5 tracks were amongst them (which is partly why I think we will see some as DLC). What you said there kinda supports this theory.

Challenges are the Achievement/Trophy system Sumo put in for the Wii, DS versions and I'm guessing PC version too(anyone confirm this?).

The announcer doesnt say anything during races for the Avatar's and Mii's, just at the character selection when you select them he says " Avatar" and "Mii".

Dont know about the mission mode stuff as I havent touched those yet.

The different name thing is probably their listings for their franchise and their actual names, I'm pretty sure I've heard the announcer refer to paired characters with their indicidual names before.

Reverse tracks? Interesting, having a mirror mode is one thing but reverse tracks? I just tried doing Monkey Target in reverse and the view of the rest of the course from the tower was pretty nice. I'm guessing reverse mode was scrapped due to time constraints, or maybe it will be DLC? Also, from what I remember the announcer doesn't say anything during mission mode except during the racing ones. Plus he's never said anything when I bought something from the shop, or maybe those clips didn't make it to the Wii version?

My game keeps telling me I only have 99% unlocked and I'm not sure why. I've bought everything from the shop. Is it because I've yet to beat the last mission and the Monkey Cup on expert grand prix? Or is it because I haven't done all the challenges? Or maybe because I haven't done every track in time trial? Technically everything is "unlocked," I just haven't completed everything.

LONG POST WARNING!

So, since it's Saturday and for some reason I don't have anything to do this weekend I will post something I found @Retro... thanks to nineko (because he shared the files, not that I know him or anything) I got my hands on the sound files of the game, So I could hear (almost) all the things the characther and (AFAIK, not checked all yet) all the announcer commentaries.

O_o

This, I know nothing about... you say someone pulled the sound files off the disc? And they sound like the current commentator? Wow - pretty much none of what you listed has actually made it into the final versions, and I think I can safely say that it wasn't in the Alphas either, which means it predates my experience on this game! Weird if Sumo left all of that on the disc, though.

Only one person can comment further, and I think we all know who that is...

• Thumbs Up 2

It's funny now that you mention that there aren't reverse tracks because a lot of the courses seem to have provisions for being raced either way, such as ramps on both sides of each jump.

I'd love to see mirrored tracks in future DLC or patches. Also, please oh please Space Channel 5 tracks. Ulala and the Chu Chu Pilots need a home!

The problem with mirrored tracks is that a lot of them aren't designed to be raced backwards - either there are barriers, like on Outer Forest, or large jumps and ramps with no provision for going the other way. It'd require a major asset change on a lot of the tracks, which I don't think Sumo are likely to do.

Of course, they're free to prove me wrong... :)

Oh! I can see why a majority of tracks annot be done backwards, but I wonder what the possibility of mirrored tracks would be, as in same starting point, but all the rights are lefts. A literal mirror of the course. Of course, in-game signage (especially Tokyo-to) would be odd backwards. Plus I don't know how easy it would be to do such a thing.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/ryo-hazuki-is-a-big-fat-liar/341217?playlist=featured

Doc Eggman, did you submit this to GT? If not, someone's yanked it and it got featured. Words will be had. =P

HEY! I didn't post that there :angry: How do I contest video uploads? Looking into it now...

• Thumbs Up 4

Challenges are the Achievement/Trophy system Sumo put in for the Wii, DS versions and I'm guessing PC version too(anyone confirm this?).

This is my productive post of the day... Yes. Yes there are indeed awards/achievements in the PC version of SSASR. :lol:

That being said, it is a huge leap going from the PC to the 360 version of the game, so much (though incredibly minor) is different, and can really

confuse and hinder at some times. Loving the game though lol

BTW here is the lists the courses wich are supposed to have a reverse version (so maybe you can see if you can backtrack in these ones :P ):

- Rampart Road.

- Sewer Scrapes.

- Shibuya Downtown.

- Rocky Coaster.

- Rulete Road.

- Turbine Loop.

- Ocean Ruin.

- Monkey Target.

I know it's not possible to do this in Ocean Ruin and Monkey Target (wich sucks because a reverse Monkey Target would have been awesome :( ).

Maybe we can get some of theese for DLC (though some people would be angry about re use the same tracks instead of going for new IP's)...

Should we use the S0L horn ®? :P

The announcer is everywhere!!!1!: this is probably in the game (since I heard the announcer in some videos) but I didn't knew about that, the announcer is in every menu of the game, I noticed he is even in the shop... He welcomes you to the shop, he often talks to you when you are looking around, and even tells you some random things when you purchase something, I love the one when he says that his brother also pruchased the item you choose. :P

Aw man, why didn't they leave this in the game?

Oh! I can see why a majority of tracks annot be done backwards, but I wonder what the possibility of mirrored tracks would be, as in same starting point, but all the rights are lefts. A literal mirror of the course. Of course, in-game signage (especially Tokyo-to) would be odd backwards. Plus I don't know how easy it would be to do such a thing.

Mirror modes are quite simple, which is why so many racers have them - easy way to double up the number of courses and adds a bonus difficulty setting with no course/AI tweaks needed. All you do is literally flip the image the game makes round (sans the HUD of course). Of course, this presents the problem that with a flipped image, pushing right will steer the car left. ...So you flip the controls too.

That's all there is to mirror modes, and that's why if you look at Luigi's cap on mirror mode Mario Kart, you will see his "L" is flipped round (as is any non-symmetrical details on characters) - because it's the whole image that's flipped round, not a literal seperately made 3D space.

Edited by JezMM

"IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE WRITING AN ONLINE GAME INVITATION. WOULD YOU LIKE HELP? 8D"

You just made me realise the ASR announcer (we need to give him a name) could have been like the next omochao. :o

• Thumbs Up 1

Should we use the S0L horn ®? :P

Captain Falcon: "YES!"

Darn it, I still have the glitch where it says AiAi is my favorite character! I never play as him :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Darn it, I still have the glitch where it says AiAi is my favorite character! I never play as him :P

You're not the only one, man. It says that for me too.

It's kind of annoying.