Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Copy+Paste from another forum.

Okay, I've experienced a really unforgivable glitch. It's just... ridiculous so to say.

So I played Samba Cup just now on Advanced with Billy Hatcher when I crashed and got stuck for a bit on the wooden bridge parts just at the end of Lap 1 on Ocean Ruin. I got 8th, jump the water for an item and get All-Star. I thought it was a Shield so I used it right away at the final straight.

Lap 2 shows on screen, but before I could look back at the track again suddenly the logo shows up, suggesting I fell off (weird for an auto-pilot). I get respawned... inside the underwater pipe, on LAP 3 (THREE!) with the All Star STILL IN HAND!

I finished the race in 2'39"317, losing some time crashing into a rock, 1 minute and 3 seconds ahead of 2nd (took picture of results). Believe me or not it's the biggest WTF moment I've ever experienced.

What's worse, I misunderstood the All-Star for a Shield again and lost my chance to get that All-Star race finish achievement... >___>

I basically used an All Star while changing laps on Ocean Ruin and get randomly respawned inside the aquatic tube with one extra lap on my belt. Surely the most WTF glitch I've ever experienced, lap skipping out of nowhere...

Edited by MickX
  • Thumbs Up 1

Copy+Paste from another forum.

I basically used an All Star while changing laps on Ocean Ruin and get randomly respawned inside the aquatic tube with one extra lap on my belt. Surely the most WTF glitch I've ever experienced, lap skipping out of nowhere...

Weird, there does seem to be the odd glitch in this game here and there. The upcoming patch is supposed to be fixing a number of glitches aswell as preparing the game for the DLC so I wonder if they know about this glitch. *goes to give it a try*

Sadly I have Wii version, so I guess these erratic glitches will remain.

So far I'm glad it's the All Star sequence that triggered this though, since ASMs can't be used online. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Sadly I have Wii version, so I guess these erratic glitches will remain.

So far I'm glad it's the All Star sequence that triggered this though, since ASMs can't be used online. :P

The Wii version is looking to be the glitchiest version then XD I don't know if you saw the glitch I posted about a few days ago that I found on the Monkey Target track on the Wii version -

2uh0hf5.jpg

10dtz07.jpg

fx8pic.jpg

2s61u6q.jpg

2j3sao7.jpg

Least these glitches aren't game breaking.

EDIT:

Just tried that Ocean Ruins glitch on the PS3 version and can't get it to happen, the Monkey Target one I've got to work on it though.

Wow, I have a night off - and I miss all this :)

We take these things seriously at Sumo and will be contacting the original artist directly to offer our sincere apologies to her, this was entirely unintentional.

Not much else I can really add!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

Mistakes happen- I hope it's possible to be patched out the PC and whatever other versions it's in though. =P

I don't think anyone can ask for anything more than an apology, especially if it was unintentional. Her artwork made one of the biggest SEGA Games of this year, anyhow. XD

Wow, I have a night off - and I miss all this :)

We take these things seriously at Sumo and will be contacting the original artist directly to offer our sincere apologies to her, this was entirely unintentional.

Not much else I can really add!

---

S0L

---

I knew from the start this would be an innocent mistake. It's cool you take these things seriously and are going to contact RianaLD :)

Since the affected PC version is the Steam version you'd be able to edit that version pretty easily wouldn't you? The Wii version would be a problem though with the inability to receive patches :-/

Mistakes happen- I hope it's possible to be patched out the PC and whatever other versions it's in though. =P

I don't think anyone can ask for anything more than an apology, especially if it was unintentional. Her artwork made one of the biggest SEGA Games of this year, anyhow. XD

It's the PC(Steam version) and Wii version affected.

I still don't see the bother. RianaLD is not allowed to make money off her fanart, so her work would have never been seen outside of online art galleries. Via this honest mistake, she now has work featured in a Sonic game. Nothing was plagiarized (TSSZ really really needs to look up the meaning of a word before using it) and the work wasn't used negatively, so why be the least bit sad?

• Thumbs Up 3

I still don't see the bother. RianaLD is not allowed to make money off her fanart, so her work would have never been seen outside of online art galleries. Via this honest mistake, she now has work featured in a Sonic game. Nothing was plagiarized (TSSZ really really needs to look up the meaning of a word before using it) and the work wasn't used negatively, so why be the least bit sad?

Yeah, once I saw Tristan use that word it again reminded me of what a cold hearted asshole he is. He tries to act like he's a professional journalist but there he is making a shit storm out of this and using a word of which he seems to have no understanding of it's meaning. Another low for Tristan and another level dropped in the gigantic hole he is digging himself.

Also of note on his advertising section he has dropped the "You don't need a Stadium to have your voice heard" and removed the monthly site hits comparisons, so I'm guessing in Feb we must have beat him and he didn't want to admit it XD He's replaced it with some self loving bollocks now.

On nicer news, Doctor Eggman, Indigo, I just sent off your packages for the ASR 1920's Edition prizes.

• Thumbs Up 3

On nicer news, Doctor Eggman, Indigo, I just sent off your packages for the ASR 1920's Edition prizes.

Tell me where they live so I can go rob the prizes from the post office's before the postie's can send them out :lol:

Well, that was ten pages of pure fun... :lol::blink::lol::lol:

Funny how things are reversed, too, as today was the first day in a few that I sat down and spent some major hours with Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and DIDN'T come on here to talk about it, and look what's happening and/or happened?! Don't worry though, folks. Tomorrow I'll do just the same so that you can all find the hidden Coconuts sprite up a tree in Seaside Hill - Lost Palace.

Oh, and to whoever said Scratch and Grounder in future DLC? Genius!! :lol:

Just send her a chuffin' ASR action figure or give her a tour of Sumo that'll do. Or a pork pie! ---- Casanova PR service.

Chances are this would never have been discovered, what I think happened was that someone was playing the Wii or PC version and they got taken out at exactly that precise moment so that they stopped. Otherwise I don't think anyone would ever have spotted it (unless they tinkered with the files in some way).

Oh, and to whoever said Scratch and Grounder in future DLC? Genius!!

It was ME!

It should be Grounder, just grounder no car and his all star move is that Scratch drops down and they race ahead pecking every racer in sight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whee! Thanks AAUK! Here's hoping it's the 1920's arcade version of SASAR:

mutoscope1920scopy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

It should be Grounder, just grounder no car and his all star move is that Scratch drops down and they race ahead pecking every racer in sight.

Yes! Or, spinning the Car Horn weapon, Scratch could drop down and just do that annoying laugh of his at anybody they pass! :lol:

"AH-HA-HAHA!!"

I just watched AoStH this morning. lol, Grounder would make for an excellent vehicle, with Scratch as the driver. I recall Scratch would sometimes ride on Grounder's shoulders.

Oh lord, if it's going to be patched out, I better get a few copies now while I still can.

One for myself, and one to sell later as a "special edition" :V

EDIT: HOWEVER, I'd really like an answer to this whole achievement deal. That's really upsetting.

Edited by Aquaslash

Oh lord, if it's going to be patched out, I better get a few copies now while I still can.

One for myself, and one to sell later as a "special edition" :V

EDIT: HOWEVER, I'd really like an answer to this whole achievement deal. That's really upsetting.

I doubt there's a way to patch it since it's the Wii version, maybe on the Steam version.

S0L will have to walk to every Wii owner's home and hand deliver a replacement disc. :P

Seriously though, to actually see the Sonia images one would have to slow down and effectively lose the race. So technically, those focusing on minute details are "losers". In the gameplay sense only, of course. ;)

Dunno if the point has been brought up already, but (quoting myself at Retro):

See, I don't think they mistook her for Amy at all. Back when the the mock box-art was found for the 360 version with Banjo and Kazooie on the back, S0L tried to convince us it might not be real by saying "In one level we had a billboard of Garfield for the longest time". This Sonia art was likely just another placeholder that they forgot to replace in some versions. Comparison shots have already shown that the Wii version has more picture cards than the 360 one, so...

I'm still finding it really odd that someone at Sumo essentially halfassed a Photoshop edit from a google image search then threw it in the game. Shouldn't Sega have been providing them with official reference art of their characters?

But I don't want it patched out, and whilst I don't know the person who made the image, I'm willing to bet that if it was a choice between patch it out and get a "We're so sorry this happened" or a leave it in and get a "We're really sorry that this happened" even if there was no credit or anything else given, if it was me I'd probably say "Lol leave it in then."

I want it left in because out of all of this, it's bloody hilarious.

Edit: Owwww TSSZ has an exclusive interview with the artist in question, I wonder if during the request for an interview he mentioned that he was once in court for....! Awww what a pity, S0L refused to get back to them... awwww... hu-hu-hur....Ahhahahahaha!

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1