Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Ratchet and Nathan Drake in ModNation Racers??

DO WANT

I still think it's a shame we got no Sony characters, Sonic is appearing in the shitfest that is LBP (whenever the fuck those costumes actually show up) so surely Sony could return the favour, right?... Right??

Modnation Racing characters are ugly as sin btw

EDIT: I think there *might* be a possibility of a Sony character after ModNation's release, I imagine the reason Sony wouldn't allow one of their characters to appear is a 'me first' kinda thing. Though of course it just meant everyone with a 360 bought that version of ASR due to bonus content and made Sony look like stuck twats in the process

So I'm a little disappointed that there was no online play on the PC version, I guess they didn't expect sales for that version to be high enough to implement a online mode.

Anyways, I also have the DS version. Can we exchange friend codes on here, or is that prohibited?

So I'm a little disappointed that there was no online play on the PC version, I guess they didn't expect sales for that version to be high enough to implement a online mode.

Anyways, I also have the DS version. Can we exchange friend codes on here, or is that prohibited?

If You want to share codes with other people who has the DS version you can over at the topic, ask JezMM to add your name and friend code to the DS Player list if you want people add you to play online ^_^.

Whilst I'm sure this will be a topic of conversation for months, what he actually says is... 'Now there is the ship we came to see' - this triggers when the Bonanza Bros. do their All-Star move, when they jump into the Airship. You've all got dirty minds if you think this was something less polite!

I just heard this line in a race comprised of Amigo, Shadow, Avatar, Tails, Amy, AiAi, Sonic, and Eggman. Triggered by the Bonanza Bros? I think not! ;)

Speaking of which, the Bonanza Bros. are total awesomesauce. They're my secondaries behind my Avatar and his ostentatious top hat. I don't think any future DLC characters could possibly separate me from my power trio!

I agree about the Bonanza Bros, I was blown away when I played as them for the first time. I remember I played on Rokkaku Hill and was amazed by how fast they are. :lol:

If Mario Kart weren't as popular as it was, I could have easily imagined this game toppling Mario Kart in a similar fashion that Skate did to Tony Hawk. I think the general opinion was that TH was already getting a bit stale even before Skate was out but Skate added to the damage, correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to strictly the fun factor and not the sales SASASR has already toppled MK for me though. :P

If Mario Kart weren't as popular as it was, I could have easily imagined this game toppling Mario Kart in a similar fashion that Skate did to Tony Hawk. I think the general opinion was that TH was already getting a bit stale even before Skate was out but Skate added to the damage, correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to strictly the fun factor and not the sales SASASR has already toppled MK for me though. :P

You're probably right about that whole Tony-Hawk-getting-stale deal. And I feel the same way about Mario Kart; it's getting more and more stale by the game.

Not to mention SASASR was also released for all the platforms while MK is only on the Wii and DS.

ALSO: I love that each track also gets its own description, which leads me to a question for all you eagle-eyes out there: Dark Arsenal's description says something along the lines of "look out for an old friend/familiar face patrolling the track!" I'm paraphrasing. I certainly can't remember seeing anyone other than Eggman's robots, so I'm hoping I've just been too focused on drifting and keeping ahead of the pack each time to notice a hidden cameo. Anyone know what/who this might be referring to? (If I see Metal Sonic in there floating about I'm going to lose my mind.)

I'm driving myself positively bonkers to find a cameo in Dark Arsenal. I've spent the last 24 minutes and 48 seconds traversing through the track both forwards and backwards, and I can't find anything patrolling the course aside from the Egg Pawns! Gah! Perhaps a cameo was intended to be put in here, but was never implemented. That, or Metal Sonic's blue colour blends in too well with the rest of the machinery or something. @_@

If anyone's curious, here's the description:

Set in the heart of Dr. Eggman's automated robot factory, this course offers some great drift opportunities, as long as you're lucky with those laser gates. You may run into a familiar face who's patrolling this area!

...come to think of it, there aren't even any "laser gates" in Dark Arsenal! Are the Egg Pawns the "familiar face"? Bah, if only S0L was here!

Edited by HunterTSF

Wait, what? What about a possible Eggman billboard Pingas reference? D:

Also, I think the 'Bonanza Bros.' line in question could actually be 'There's the shooting we came to see', since as HunterTSF said, I've heard it in races where there were no Bonanza Bros.

Also, damn Tristan is making me laugh. Saying that ASR is doomed due to sales *estimates* from another region. I see a bright journalistic future ahead of him. :lol:

Edited by Mahzes

From the Thunder Deck description:

Ominous storm clouds cover the sky as you race the exterior of Dr. Eggman's aircraft. It's heavily guarded by gun turrets and heavy artillery - you'll be lucky to make it around this circuit in one piece. As always, those pesky robots and laser gates stand between you and the finish line.

eggpawnsad.png

That was uncalled for.

Edited by HunterTSF

Yeah, that's the boring DLC, it gets better :)

Laser gates? LOL - yet another one to add to the gaffe list. The Final Fortress tracks used to have laser gates that popped out of the tracks to block you. We took them out as they really slowed the race down - and could pop up right when you least wanted them.

Of course there was a cameo on the Final Fortress tracks too....

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, that's the boring DLC, it gets better :)

Laser gates? LOL - yet another one to add to the gaffe list. The Final Fortress tracks used to have laser gates that popped out of the tracks to block you. We took them out as they really slowed the race down - and could pop up right when you least wanted them.

Of course there was a cameo on the Final Fortress tracks too....

---

S0L

---

That's good to hear, look forward to seeing what it is. This DLC key to all content is still a decent piece of DLC as it will no doubt help the casual crowd and people who don't have alot of time on their hands to unlock everything.

A completion key whaaaaat? I've never even seen a piece of DLC like that before, some people are so goddam lazy xD

Wait S0L, was that the 'soon' piece of DLC meaning we have to wait even longer for the juicy stuff? D=

I know I keep on about it but I'm on the edge of my seat here, this wait is almost as painful as HGSS xD

My guess is Metal Sonic was meant to fly about the track as the race took place.

lol @ the DLC. I totally get the purpose of it, and it's cool, but I find it funny as it was released hte day after I sold out the shop.

A completion key whaaaaat? I've never even seen a piece of DLC like that before, some people are so goddam lazy xD

Beautiful Katamari had a similar thing, only their's unlocked like 5 characters PER DLC. I accidentally bought one when buying the REAL DLC not realising it wasn't exclusive content. 8I Man that game was great but the DLC was so cheeky.

S0L, thanks for the info on Treetops! That was very enlightening. 8D I love those sorta tidbits you'd normally only get in a commentary mode or something (proper interviews are great but they tend to only ever tell you the basics XD).

I -think- I may have an idea who the cameo is because I'm sure I saw something out the corner of my eye. I'm gonna go double-check now.

EDIT: Nope I'm crazy. One time I swore I saw the boss from Death Egg Act 1 on S&K sticking out a wall firing (purely decorational) lasers, but I can't see it now.

Edited by JezMM

Wait S0L, was that the 'soon' piece of DLC meaning we have to wait even longer for the juicy stuff? D=

I know I keep on about it but I'm on the edge of my seat here, this wait is almost as painful as HGSS xD

He did say a few days ago that he's played the new DLC and it's awesome, so if this is just the unlock key, or as I call it "The achievement/trophy whores key" chances are that we'll get the first main DLC next week.

S0L has said that the PS3 patch is just waiting for Sony approval before it goes live, that usually takes anywhere upto 3 weeks depending on the popularity of the game, this was around a week ago, so if it's not this week that we get the prep DLC patch, then it's got to be next week if you want to put money on it.

A completion key? That's one of the sorriest excuses for DLC I've ever seen! I pity whoever pays for the game, and then pays a further £4.50 to unlock all of the content without any effort. What's the point in buying the game in the first place if you're not going to play it? I unlocked all of the tracks and characters after around 4 - 5 hours of play, I don't see why anyone would want to pay for that.

Really hope this does get better, because so far it seems like typical SEGA DLC. High promises, nothing delivered.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Screw the rules I have money!"

That pretty much summarizes my thoughts on this DLC. If they're willing to spend the money, then Sumo has allowed them to screw the "rules." :P

Edited by Captain THPS4
  • Thumbs Up 1

A completion key? That's one of the sorriest excuses for DLC I've ever seen! I pity whoever pays for the game, and then pays a further £4.50 to unlock all of the content without any effort. What's the point in buying the game in the first place if you're not going to play it? I unlocked all of the tracks and characters after around 4 - 5 hours of play, I don't see why anyone would want to pay for that.

Really hope this does get better, because so far it seems like typical SEGA DLC. High promises, nothing delivered.

Like S0L said, this is the boring DLC. Really useful for us when we were testing the game, but I don't see the point of it myself - it's like how Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on XBLA has everything unlocked from the start, only with this, you have to pay. So yeah, a means for making money.

But anyway, don't fret, the cool DLC is coming... but I don't know when. :(

*crosses fingers*

Toejam and Earl...Toejam and Earl...Toejam and Earl...Toejam and Earl...

Completion key as weird, as it's not like this game takes extreme measures to unlock stuff. You just play and get SEGA miles. Oh well, get the lame stuff done first.

Hi S0L. Ristar please.

Really useful for us when we were testing the game

Cool man, I can see how the key would prove handy when testing, that's fair enough. I don't see why someone would release it on the XBLA for 400 points, though. XD

Racers: ***Ecco the Dolphin***, Jet the Hawk, Metal Sonic, Ristar, Toejam & Earl, Tyris Flare, Vectorman

Tracks: Angel Island Zone, Hanging Waters, Metropolis Zone, ***Scrap Brain Zone***, Spring Yard Zone, Terraport, Titan Wastelands

I know this is about the 3rd time I've posted a DLC wishlist, but I wanna make sure you see this, S0L. Probably won't make any difference, but whatever. :)