Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Right, posting this as a hopeful question for SOL if and when he's next about;

I'm guessing Alex Kidd's voice clips are reused from Superstars Tennis (never actually got it, I must admit, so I'm not sure)?

Even so, I noticed something funny about his lines- firstly (and more noticeably) that he has the lines "Rock, paper, scissors!" as well as "Jan, ken, pon!" (same thing, in Japanese). I was wondering, why were both lines recorded when, as far as I know, Superstars Tennis still hasn't been released in Japan (also, Alex Kidd already has a Japanese voice actor). Any reason why he was given the phrase in English and Japanese, and both from his English voice actor?

Second is also Alex Kidd related- one of his winning lines, "This one's for Egle"- I noticed quite early on that there are two versions of this line. In one, he pronounces his brothers' name 'Iggle' (which as far as I know, is 'correct', going by the characters' Japanese spelling, and considering it was spelled 'Igul' in Miracle World), and another one where he says the exact same line, except pronouncing it 'Eggle'. Even having established that the former is more correct, can I ask why both lines were left in? Makes it seem like he's unsure on how to pronounce his own brother's name! Sticking with one or the other would make more sense!

Not that I'm annoyed at all by it, just genuinely curious!

I too find that somewhat strange too.

Anytime I see anyone on top of a leaderboard which has a username that matches the game or a character in it. The cheat alarm bells start to ring.

Thing is, the user doesn't really cheat. He just seems to enjoy his time looking for extra techniques and quirks. Or 'thinking outside the box' as he says.

Lost Palace run with nothing unusual but the backward drift thing (which he found out as well). He has a few other videos of quite fast runs done real time, including a Sandy Drifts and Monkey Target ones with some minor exploits too.

EDIT 2:

Wii version is now hammered by the glitch rather than the cheating 00:00:000 folks -

Whale Lagoon (This track has two 00:00:000 records and short glitched records)

Icicle Valley (This track has one 00:00:000 record and short glitched records)

Below tracks contain all short glitched records -

Roulette Road

Outer Forest

Turbine Loop

Treetops

Rampart Road

Jump Parade

Sewer Scrapes

Lava Lair

Thunder Deck

By 'short glitched' you mean what? Abusing the new glitch?

If Da1AndOnlySonic says that only 5 tracks work with this (yeah, Dark Arsenal has been added to the collection, doable if you use small characters like Alex Kidd) then I'm inclined to believe those are cheated times using HBC or USB Gecko or whatever other cheating device. Probably people pulling a Hamit on every track. :P

Meh, the glitch is a really serious problem, but, I'm still keeping my hopes high about this game. I don't need to follow the trend, I can just grab some friends and play legit to extend the fun.

Edited by MickX

Thing is, the user doesn't really cheat. He just seems to enjoy his time looking for extra techniques and quirks. Or 'thinking outside the box' as he says.

Lost Palace run with nothing unusual but the backward drift thing (which he found out as well). He has a few other videos of quite fast runs done real time, including a Sandy Drifts and Monkey Target ones with some minor exploits too.

By 'short glitched' you mean what? Abusing the new glitch?

If Da1AndOnlySonic says that only 5 tracks work with this (yeah, Dark Arsenal has been added to the collection, doable if you use small characters like Alex Kidd) then I'm inclined to believe those are cheated times using HBC or USB Gecko or whatever other cheating device. Probably people pulling a Hamit on every track. :P

Meh, the glitch is a really serious problem, but, I'm still keeping my hopes high about this game. I don't need to follow the trend, I can just grab some friends and play legit to extend the fun.

Yeah they could be times made using cheat devices on Wii and DS, it just strikes me as odd why they'd make them look like times roughly around what could be achieved with that glitch rather than make them 00:00:000 like a couple other people have. Oh well, either way they need deleting from the leaderboards on all 4 console versions and hopefully patched on Xbox 360 and PS3.

I dunno, I'd say making times seem 'legit' through cheating is more successful than getting impossibly stupid times.

If someone's got a ludicrously fast time, it's obvious they cheated. If they get a time that looks possible, but is maybe a second or two faster than what's realistic, it still looks like a perfectly believable time and makes them look legitimate.

EDIT: Oops, think I misinterpreted the post a bit. My bad. :X

Edited by Mahzes

Found this pretty funny:

2010-03-21-04missing-in-action.png

I'm still hoping to see Axel & Blaze though.

Sega fanboy in me notes that axel and blaze have a cop car, the Daytona car was in goddamn fighters megamix and ecco flies!

SO SCREW YOU COMIC MAN hyuk hyuk hyuk

I dunno, I'd say making times seem 'legit' through cheating is more successful than getting impossibly stupid times.

If someone's got a ludicrously fast time, it's obvious they cheated. If they get a time that looks possible, but is maybe a second or two faster than what's realistic, it still looks like a perfectly believable time and makes them look legitimate.

EDIT: Oops, think I misinterpreted the post a bit. My bad. :X

They haven't made them look legit, the Wii and DS times for the tracks I listed for each version are like 15-20 seconds better than the people below them :-/

Sega fanboy in me notes that axel and blaze have a cop car, the Daytona car was in goddamn fighters megamix and ecco flies!

SO SCREW YOU COMIC MAN hyuk hyuk hyuk

Or hell, they were even going to ride dirt bikes in Streets of Rage 3!

Steve says he and SEGA are looking into the glitch and leaderboard probs -

I'm trying to decide, is this a thread bemoaning an exploit, or the Wii online? :P

I'm taking a look into this now with SEGA, then we'll decide what to do to address it.

Watch this space

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5685202&postcount=105

Wii version leaderboards have been fixed now -

Whilst you're busy bashing the Wii - I've just cleared all the hacked times and glitch times from the Wii leaderboards :P

I've got a log of the folk doing them too. Don't make me break out the ban hammer :P

Just looking into the other platforms now.

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5685237&postcount=109

ShadiWulf -

Yeah =P but how long is that gonna last until people start uploading more glitched times.

S0L -

Quote:

Originally Posted by S0L

*cough*

I've got a log of the folk doing them too. Don't make me break out the ban hammer :P

*cough*

As above :P

---

S0L

---

:D

Just the Xbox 360, PS3 and DS versions left to fix now.

EDIT:

Also, another Sumo staffer at the SEGA Forums SumoRex has posted this regarding the upcoming DLC -

Well. It's impossible to please everyone, with people who love, and others who hate the same content. That was one of the things that made me quit. You can't please everyone. No matter how hard you try.

Anyway, without giving anything away, the stuff you'll get is nice. IMHO.

I dunno what the price is, but it's not just an unlock, it represents LOTS of man hours.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5684388&postcount=77

Yeah, I've sorted the Wii out, just looking into sorting the others. I don't want a few people ruining the fun for the majority :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I've sorted the Wii out, just looking into sorting the others. I don't want a few people ruining the fun for the majority :)

---

S0L

---

Thanks Steve, you're awesome as always. I agree, it's not fair to those who worked hard to get high in the leaderboards to get knocked down by people who don't deserve to be there because they're too lazy and/or immature to play fair.

Ah sorry, hands full of kicking folk off the leaderboards :P

You're right about us re-using the SST VO - we recorded so much last time that we didn't use, might as well get some use out of it!

Both examples are where we'd recorded alternative lines. On the Jan-Ken-Pon, we weren't sure iif this would be clear to a modern player who didn't know Alex Kidd, although we went with the Japanese in the end, we opted to also record the English. The brother one is sometimes we couldn't make the VO sessions to advise of the proper pronounciation, in those cases we asked for them to record it with different options so we could pick the correct one at the end.

Typically you always wind up recording way more than you need, just in case some clips don't come through clean or convert right, or simply as you want a variety of delivery to pick the ones that are most appropriate for the situation.

Heck we recorded about 3 different commentators for the game till we got the one that we liked :)

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

DS leaderboards have now been fixed too :D

Great job S0L ;)

LOL - were you sat watching us clear them :P

Turns out the DS version had a lot of old times on there from testing - cleared the offending ones off :)

Someone keeps trying to post an exploited time on Wii - I hope they don't want me to name names :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL - were you sat watching us clear them :P

Turns out the DS version had a lot of old times on there from testing - cleared the offending ones off :)

Someone keeps trying to post an exploited time on Wii - I hope they don't want me to name names :P

---

S0L

---

Ha ha! Was just lucky, checked first time and there they were all cleaned up.

There has to be one person fighting you doesn't there, what an idiot :rolleyes: Slam down the ban hammer or borrow Amy's Piko Piko Hammer Of Justice!! :lol:

Thanks for your work S0L, it's nice to see a Sumo and SEGA looking after their fans. I hope you get around to all of the versions and issue a patch, but I'd rather you get us all that DLC first. :D

Wii versions boards are still showing glitched/cheated times for me, guess you guys are still working on them or there are still a bunch of people fighting your clear up.

EDIT:

Never mind, they've updated now and they're clean :lol:

Both examples are where we'd recorded alternative lines. On the Jan-Ken-Pon, we weren't sure iif this would be clear to a modern player who didn't know Alex Kidd, although we went with the Japanese in the end, we opted to also record the English. The brother one is sometimes we couldn't make the VO sessions to advise of the proper pronounciation, in those cases we asked for them to record it with different options so we could pick the correct one at the end.

Hmm, that's interesting. :)

Still, if you knew one of the pronunciations was right and one was wrong, why use both in All-Stars Racing (extra unused lines or not!)? Was only one of the Egle/ Igul lines (or none of them?) used in SuperStars Tennis?

Admittedly that's my fault for not having the game perhaps, but I'm not very big on tennis. I swear I'll pick it up someday, don't hurt me! :lol:

Just been having a look around on GAME website seems that Sonic & Sega All Star Racing has placed in Console bundles now

Xbox 360 Arcade Console With Sonic & Sega All Star Racing

250 Gig PS3 Slim With ASR & Eye Pet

And Nintendo DSI With ASR

but there is no Nintendo Wii bundle though

Edit:

Gamestation has a Nintendo Wii bundle for ASR but dont have any for Xbox 360,PS3 Or DS

Edited by Crash

You're right about us re-using the SST VO - we recorded so much last time that we didn't use, might as well get some use out of it!

Typically you always wind up recording way more than you need, just in case some clips don't come through clean or convert right, or simply as you want a variety of delivery to pick the ones that are most appropriate for the situation.

Heck we recorded about 3 different commentators for the game till we got the one that we liked :)

---

S0L

---

Ah, that certainly explains a fair bit. I imagine the same applies to Beat as well, since I'm pretty sure I heard his "Go go go!" from SST pop up at a few points.

Still lovin' the game, and can't wait for the DLC!

Glad to see you continuing to address everyone's concerns about the game S0L, much appreciated! I remember when I watched people's times on Zero Gravity and they manipulated the game into thinking they've done a lap, when all they really did is turn around, use their gravity boost to fly past the finish line and then turn around and cross the finish line on the ground. Looks like I won't have to do something like that just to get a decent place on the leaderboards for this game which is great. :)

I'm a new user at this website, but like amorbis i've been watching this topic for a few weeks.

I don't mind what price the DLC is since i'm sure it can't be below 70 microsoft points.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a new user at this website, but like amorbis i've been watching this topic for a few weeks.

I don't mind what price the DLC is since i'm sure it can't be below 70 microsoft points.

Hey welcome to ssmb :)

I highly doubt the DLC will be below 70 MS Points i'v never really seen dlc on XBL for that price before unless its a Indie Game lol, the only and current DLC for the game is around 400 MS points so i say the price will be mostly likely the same for upcoming DLC

Edited by Crash