Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

Teen-Titans.jpg

Ok I know most of you remember Teen Titans. It was that show about five teenage superheroes, Robin, Beast Boy, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven, living together and saving the world. It was rather campy but it also had a good mix of "srz business" and action. Overall it was a pretty awesome show. The series ended in 2006 with the movie "Trouble in Tokyo", but let's fast forward to 2012.

Cartoon Network has a new programming block called DC nation that comes on every Saturday morning and it airs the shows Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series. They also run comedic shorts in between shows and they have this short series called New Teen Titans. These shorts are about the titans in comical situations such as being a lifeguard or babysitting, they use a chibi style animation and the cool thing is they even got all of the original voice actors to reprise their roles! The shorts were so popular that Cartoon Network has decided to bring the Titans back to tv with their new show Teen Titans Go!

Teen Titans Go! is an upcoming 2013 cartoon series, based on the DC Comics fictional superhero team, the Teen Titans. The series will air alongside Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Young Justice: Invasion, and Beware the Batman on Cartoon Network, as part of the DC Nation block. Teen Titans Go! will be a more comedic take on the DC Comics franchise, dealing with situations that happen outside of saving the world. The show is a follow-up to the 2003 Teen Titans TV series.

At first I was extremely excited for this show. And I was even more excited when I heard that all the original actors were coming back to voice the fabulous five. But then my hopes dropped when I read the premise for the series.

Teen Titans Go! focuses on the "funny business" that happens between the Teen Titans when not saving the world and when living together as teenagers without adult supervision. The Teen Titans must deal with horrific situations such as teenage pranks reach a whole new level, having to take Driver’s Ed, after wrecking the Batmobile on a joyride to impress a girl.

Well from the looks of things this could very well end up being DC's version of Ultimate Spider Man, and we all know what a steaming pile of shit that show is. Now I'm fearing this show could end up being worse the current spiderman cartoon. Of course, I'll reserve my full judgement of the show for when it comes out and I'll try to give it a fair chance. What are your thoughts or hopes for this new series?

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know, I regret not watching this show that much. Back when it was simple for me, back in 2004. I have a friend I haven't seen in years who loved this show. I didn't get into it, until a few years later, where it was pretty badass. I just regret not seeing it a whole lot, because I was a Marvel fan, and moved away from DC. Thus, I didn't care for it. When I saw it, it was awesome, and I loved everyone, mainly Beast Boy. I still enjoy watching him to this very day.

This cartoon sounds like it will ruin fans of the old show, including people like myself who remembers when the show was new, and awesome. Just... no. >.<

Well from the looks of things this could very well end up being DC's version of Ultimate Spider Man, and we all know what a steaming pile of shit that show is. Now I'm fearing this show could end up being worse the current spiderman cartoon. Of course, I'll reserve my full judgement of the show for when it comes out and I'll try to give it a fair chance. What are your thoughts or hopes for this new series?

Honestly, I kind of like the new Spider-man show. So yeah. I said it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original show had enough comedy. At first it was very lighthearted, but during its run it evolved, growing up with its audience and focusing on much darker stories, while still throwing in a joke to break the tension every once in a while.

Going full-comedy seems like a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 8

While the absent of some of the action is a little disheartening, Teen Titans actually was pretty funny....most of the time, so I'll keep an eye on this, at least CN are attempting to listen to fan feedback.

Teen Titans was a huge inspiration during my high school years for my comics and it holds a special place in my heart... One of the things I loved about Teen Titans was it's way of balancing out humor and drama. Sure the animators had a little too much fun drawing in anime style at times, but the plot and stories this show had more than made up for the silliness it had at times.

Though I share everyone else's concern with focusing more on comedy rather than story... Personally I would have been better off if they continued to do the action/comedy/drama route they went with in the first series. And my goodness, did the final season have so much fanservice for the fans of the original comic.

I'll hold my doubts until I see some actual footage though. For now, I can just say I'm interested.

I used to watch Teen Titans all the time, so I'm not looking forward to how badly their going destroy one of my favorite shows...

I can't even put into words how much I love Teen Titans. Easily in my top 5 all time animated series. So more Teen Titans in ANY form is welcome in my book. Sure, there are question marks about the show's premise, but I'll wait until I see something before passing judgement. If it's anywhere near as enjoyable as NEW TEEN TITANS, I'll definitely watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never watched it a whole lot as a kid, but I did watch like 10 of the episodes and it was alright.

Still even if I'm not the biggest fan the premise just looks like its gonna suuuuuuck! No more high-flying action adventure...just bullshit teenagers have to deal with...

THATS FUN RIGHT WATCHING TEENAGERS DO THINGS HAHAHA.

So the show is gonna be like this then?

Robin: Yo Bruv Cyborg!

Cyborg What up Robin?

Robin: Ya wanna go fight some crime? Save the world from Two Face? Or Lex Luthor? Stop an alien invasion!

Cyborg: Nooooo! ... ... ... I wanna hang out in the Tesco's car park!

Robin: K0000000l!

But I want to watch a super hero show about Super heroes doing super hero things!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm a bit of an optimist, so I'll give this the benefit of the doubt.

But by Madokami, if they screw this up...

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess I should mention how very ungood this show is. Hey guys, what was Slade's plan?

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who knows; Maybe if the show wasn't cancelled while it was at the top of it's game, we would've gotten an answer eventually.

I thought they intentionally ended the show with Trouble in Tokyo being the Grand Finale.

• 1 month later...

Watching the series for the first time in years and I'm up to Season 3.

I thought I wouldn't like it as much as I did when I was younger, but I still really enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

Watching the series for the first time in years and I'm up to Season 3.

I thought I wouldn't like it as much as I did when I was younger, but I still really enjoy it.

Same here. Bout two weeks ago for some reason I had an urge to watch the show. Hadn't seen the show in years, and I really felt like watching the episodes where Robin becomes Slade's apprentice, and where Terra betrays them. Found them on Youtube, and while I only meant to watch 3 or 4 eps, I eventually said fuck it and decided to binge on the entire series.

This show is a hell of alot better then I remember it to be. Animation's good in some eps, but the writing really shined throughout the series (The End of the world and Brotherhood of Evil story arcs were very well written). It just kept getting better and better, and I got more and more invested. The stories get darker and more well constructed., they seemed to be having some trouble finding a balance of humor in the first season, but by Season 2 they got it down to a T. And the action is damn good too. I was honestly waiting for a point in the show where I would start to meet a quality drop, (and while Season 5 wasn't my favorite imo) it never came.

Too bad the series finale wasn't that great. It wasn't a good way to end the series. Trouble in Tokyo was pretty good too, but I really wish this show got at least 1 or 2 more seasons (not in the form of this new "Go!" cartoon). Speaking of Go!, there was also a comic called Teen Titans Go! that ran along with the TV. show. Checked out some of the comics and they're good. They go deeper into the Team's backstory (Like how Robin handles the anniversary of his parent's deaths and how the team tries to cheer him up) and plotholes that the show might have had. It was sadly cancelled though, for the understandable reason of "Why make a comic based around a Television show that has already ended?"

Now going on the subject of this Teen Titans Go! cartoon. The premise does not sound good at all. The original show had it's humor moments, but "Taking the batmobile out for a joyride", as a joke, sounds funny, but based around an episode, does not. (Also Robin using the batmobile would bring that problem of Batman coming into the series who I, wouldn't want. Makes Robin feel like a more prominent hero. Though he did make a cameo in the Go! comics). And the chibi characters?

teen-titans-go.jpg

Ehhhh.......

I don't have high hopes for the show, and I already know by the premise that it won't be anywhere near as good as the original, so low expectations. That being said though, there's the slight possibility of this show becoming more action-oriented and more like the original series throughout Go's! run, if fan/critics/etc want it enough. But with kid's accepting cartoons like "The Annoying Orange" as comedy, I'm sure ratings will be good enough for CN to not give a shit.

Oh well.

P.S Rewatching the show, I swear to god at most points Slade sounds like a rapist. (And the episode where some gas makes Robin starts to feel, hear, and see Slade everywhere in the darkness, is still one of my favorites)

Oh and this

Sladenomask.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

I can't even put into words how much I love Teen Titans. Easily in my top 5 all time animated series. So more Teen Titans in ANY form is welcome in my book. Sure, there are question marks about the show's premise, but I'll wait until I see something before passing judgement. If it's anywhere near as enjoyable as NEW TEEN TITANS, I'll definitely watch.

^This. took the words right out of my mouth basicaly. I prefer not to judge something until I actually see it..besides, I love being able to see these characters again; especially Raven--she was just awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah yeah, Teen Titans Go!

(Reads what it's about.)

You thought they couldn't make something worse then Ultimate Spider-Man? You were wrong!