Awoo.

Vortexx on The CW, SABAN's replacement for 4kidsCW/Toonzai

goku262002

Shaman King was a bomb for 4kids, so they had little reason to care. Ultimate muscle though, that was a disappointing DVD.

Agreeable on both parts. I mean, Shout Factory could do better with Ultimate Muscle than FUNimation could ever do! Maybe even S'more Entertainment, the people who released ANOTHER Shonen Jump Anime, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (I have the box set)! Yes, Ultimate Muscle counts as a Shonen Jump hit.

Honestly the best thing I remember 4Kids doing was giving us an english dub of Pokemon. After that, ehh. Sonic X was bad, before and after the Griffith dub. Sucks that all of their employees lost their jobs though. Long live the original Pokemon season!!

Aside from the jobs (although maybe the remaining employess could maybe be asbored into Saban or something), nothing of value was lost is all I have to say towards 4Kids and Sonic X. I hope this finally puts a bullet in the head to those 4th season Sonic X rumors.

Konami has taken over 4Kids' New York HQ, and I think they kept around 60 employees.

I haven't heard any Sonic X season 4 rumors for years. Don't know where you guys are hearing it.

Sonic X......is gone?

he....heheh.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HALLELUJAH. IT'S FINALLY GONE. FINALLY GONE.

Hmmm, Konami HQ, New York Branch. Nope, don't expect anything relating to the video games outside of Yu-Gi-Oh to happen there!

Well at this rate, I can at least hope that the former 4kids employees can get jobs at better dubbing companies such as Funimation or Viz.

Hm. I'm not sure what to think of this line up. Power Rangers, more Yu-Gi-Oh!, WWE (why?), a Marvel show and a DC show (LOL), and two ridiculously obscure shows. Hm. Also, I am apparently the only one here who liked Sonic X. Man, my tastes contradict others'.

I don't see why everyone is bitching about WWE being on a saturday morning block since it used to be the norm back in the old days. It's like some recap show with one exclusive WWE match each week. It seems like something fun for the kids.

And aside from the fact that most of the shows are reruns, it still seems much better and varied lineup than anything 4kids put out aside from maybe when they made their first block on Fox or when they had those holdovers from Kids WB.

Well, Saban DID do "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics," and in "Brother and Sister," at the end, the young boy who was a deer was naked when he was changed back. Odd to think of it, but then again, it was pretty old.

Still, 4Kids was good for the following things:

- Bringing Pokemon to America

- Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy

- Yu-Gi-Oh (most of it, anyways)

- The Introduction of Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman (and the ONLY Voice out of Sonic X who was really any good!)

- And that TMNT Series, except for Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers, but they did good with Turtles Forever, mostly.

As of today, maybe we'll see MORE than just Power Rangers and Beetleborgs on Netflix from Saban.

Also, it looks like I was wrong about DBZ Kai not showing the Androids and Cell Sagas.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Ya know, unlike every other dickwad in this topic, I'm going to miss 4Kids; yeah they effed up, but without them probably nobody would know about Pokemon & Yugioh, which probably make up a good portion of everyone on this forum. They're terrible editing led to the creation of the Abridged Genre, and some general hilarious results, and even then a company going bankrupt is no cause for celebration and I think it's just beating a dead horse by making celebrating it. So I give a fond farewell to 4kids.

In any case, apparently my cable hates me because it replaced the entire CW channel with some "Style" shit, so I completely missed out on Saturday, which pisses me off.

Tuned in this morning for Zexal, Iron Man, Justice League, DBZ, and classic Yu-Gi-Oh!.

I liked it, the transition didn't feel as awkward as I thought it would. It just felt like the block got new shows and a new style, probably because YGO! and DBZ are still present.

The Vortexx has a very Fox Kids like feeling to it, which is awesome. And I'm not just saying that because Saban is behind this thing.

Edited by Kamina

I only caught the two yugioh shows. But from what I saw, it felt like a normal Saturday morning of classics. Good classics might I add.

The fact I can't watch this pisses me of immensely, and effectively kills any enjoyment I got out of Saturdays.

The fact I can't watch this pisses me of immensely, and effectively kills any enjoyment I got out of Saturdays.

• 3 weeks later...

After a few weeks of the block being shown now, Save for WWE which were all sort of divided on, This block totally rocks the old school vibe for me and I love it. If SABAN is running this I hope we can see some Digimon on this block! it'd be hilarious irony.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yep- External X you beat me to the punch line there. Heck after all the times they repeated and REPEATED Sonic X you would think they would stop airing the show. By the way I have been tuned in on Saturday morning watching the new "Vortex" stuff and I gotta say I actually like it very much- yet different-- it's main attraction to me is probably Yugioh Zexel. Everything else is either all old or not really appealing to me (such as WWE show and even power rangers ) I find it funny that they started to air Cubix again and then all of 2 weeks later they replace it with Rescue heros for an hour vs the 30 mins.... Anyways I just wanted to say that Sonic X had its moments and even though not all of them may of been good it was still an "ok" of a show. (to me at least) Heck someone or I should say group of people must of voted for it back seeing how their was a voting process to bring it back when I saw the commercial for it last weekend. Otherwise yea- I'm sure were going to hear more about this in later postings. Honestly to me- I'm not very happy to seeing it coming back- I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING it a few months ago. I hope the kids that voted for it back do watch it- but I am DONE. ( I just really dislike seeing old shows pop up trying to get me to watch them again.) Also I just wanted to say to everyone who has posted here that I thank you for the info since I had no idea why Toonzai became Vortex. Now it all makes sense...

I think Sonic X is there just as a filler til Saban decides to air the 6th season of Digimon. Then HOPEFULLY Sonic X will die off. But I highly doubt it since that is an easy way to rack in ratings. I think Saban should have snatched ThunderCats. That would have been sick as hell. Or even a new Batman series. (wait JLU and Iron Man? What? I thought Marvel and DC are suppose to be on the same channel?)

Anyways yea I saw todays line up as usual... ug- Sonic X is back (ok fine whatever).... Now what I am really excited to hear come back on the TV---Toonami is putting back up symbiotic titan. I loved that show back in 2010. Too bad I know they'll get to the 2nd or 3rd season where it ended and start it over again some day. Why did they start such a show to just end it so abruptly?. Otherwise yea yugioh zexel is now later in the day. Used to be at 11am here now its at 3:30 pm... (I wonder what caused that to happen. :/)