Awoo.

Routine (First Person Horror Exploration)

Patticus

Also known as Amnesia In Space. wink.png

http://routinegame.com/

Routine is a first person horror exploration game set on an abandoned Moon base. Your job is to find enough data to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

- A non-linear experience, which lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon Base and find out secrets that other players may not!

- Be immersed with Full Body Awareness, Dead Zone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points systems... you must run, hide and survive the best you can against what lurks in the base.

- There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma death system that will keep you on the edge!

I think that it looks and sounds really good. The Retro Future genre is always interesting to amble through once in a while, and combined with Amnesia-style mechanics of running and hiding and being utterly unable to defend yourself in a fight... this could be pretty damn good! The perma-death stuff worries me though; is it going to be actual factual 'die and your game disc is dead too' or more along the lines of Zombi-U for the Wii U, wherein after you die you 'become' someone else? If it's the former, I might be too scared even to boot the game up, lest I die in my first few minutes of playing.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd buy it.

I love survival horror and this particular one caught my interests. I just hope whatever chases you is pretty scary.

Also I do like this permadeath deal. It really sounds like it would put the player on the edge.

I'd buy it.

I love survival horror and this particular one caught my interests. I just hope whatever chases you is pretty scary.

Also I do like this permadeath deal. It really sounds like it would put the player on the edge.

The golden rule of horror is the less that you see of the monster, the scarier it is.

First Mann Vs. Machine, now this. Are evil foreboding robots suddenly the new 'in' thing for scary enemies?

Though, the game certainly looks interesting. Any horror game that removes any pretense of being able to defend yourself is a plus in my book.

The perma-death stuff worries me though; is it going to be actual factual 'die and your game disc is dead too' or more along the lines of Zombi-U for the Wii U, wherein after you die you 'become' someone else? If it's the former, I might be too scared even to boot the game up, lest I die in my first few minutes of playing.

The former is not gonna happen, and it's unheard of as far as games with Permadeath go, for obvious reasons. Proper, hardcore permadeath generally means your save file is erased when you die, meaning you have to start from the beginning of the game.

Edited by Masaru Daimon