Awoo.

Nintendo Power Magazine to Cease Publication

Jeffhog

The end to an amazing magazine. Then again, I don't read many magazines since there's the Internet. :P

I still wish that Nintendo Power still would be like it was back then, giving game tips, and maps. But, it's just news and reviews.

Well, can't say I'm upset.

Wow. I knew gaming magazines were dying more and more frequently, but shit... I never thought Nintendo Power would bite the dust.

Saddening, but with the increased prevalence of the internet, inevitable I suppose.

No. NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

DAMN IT. EVERYTHING I LOVE IS DYING.

I never read the magazine myself, but knew people who did. My, err...condolences?

Damn. Like pretty much everyone else has said, not surprising given that they offer nothing that the internet can't beat them to or offer 2 seconds later for free but I just love finding an old games magazine and reading it, especially when it has a game that you were really excited for at the time. smile.png

Edited by The Hoenn Kid

What a damn shame. I've never been much of a magazine reader, but I hate to see anything die at the hands of the digital age.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not got too much to relate to since I never grew up with it. It looks like ONM took to the digital medium better though, hence why they're not currently suffering the same fate as far as I know.

.... Nintendo Power... is over?

Real damn shame, that was one of my favorite magazines. Screw you internet, you ruin everything! ;_;

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Wait, so that means Sonic will have a magazine while Mario will not? I guess the one positive is that SEGA fans will have something new to gloat about.

2r5uh37.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

That sucks.

We had some good times NP. It was fun while it lasted.

Remember when NP called Tails a Mutant Squirrel? Yeah that was pretty funny. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Nooooooooooo! I love that magainze. I wonder how many more issues there are going to be? I just renewed my subscription a month ago.

To be truthfully honest I only looked towards the magazine for the news I wanted to see. Such as any info on Mario, Sonic, DK. Plus the reviews of the games I like. Other than that I just leave it on the news stands.

And what's peoples' beef with magazines anyway? Is it that they take up too much room? Is it because they gather dust? Because if dust is the issue, fear not. According to Back to the Future Part II, we will have dust-repellent paper by 2015! Just be patient, goddamn it!

It's probably because of the fact that most news that gets out now can be read instantly online, thus rendering physical medium pretty moot in regards to it. It's not like newspapers which are pumped out daily.

Plus, not embracing the digital world hurts it as well.

Not that sad. Gaming magazines in general aren't really worth buying anymore because of the internet. Plus it had gotten less interesting to read, not sure if that was because of staff changes or because I got older.

Edited by Ekaje

Not that sad. Gaming magazines in general aren't really worth buying anymore because of the internet. Plus it had gotten less interesting to read, not sure if that was because of staff changes or because I got older.

It not only you. I still have a nintendo power somewhere in my stash of stuff, the issue had Diddy Kong Racing as the cover. It had loads of maps and tips. Now a day's I only see letters from the fans. an infograph of a character, interviews, previews and reviews. not much else to it. so its not really a lose to me at least.