Awoo.

Other Villains in the Series

WarioBone

We've had Robotnik for years. He's generally responsible for everything bad happens that within the games, be it something of his own design or some MotW destroying the planet. He's been in every game besides Sonic and the Black Knight (I think), and usually has a main role.

However, do you think Eggman constantly being the Man Behind the Man, or just the Big Bad in general, is getting old? I know that, with the main Mario series, it is (although they have the relief of the RPGS and such). I think it would be nice, for once, for Eggman to not be involved in the plot of the baddies. He could still appear, of course, but we've been fighting Eggman for 20 years. The same robots, the same basic plots, (Chaos Emeralds + Monster/Alien Energy = Rule World, sometimes minus the monster), the same villain, over and over.

Do you think that another, new villain could be beneficial to the series? He could even be a one-shot. Yeah, a lot of the other one-shot villains have sucked (Black Doom, Ix), but they don't have to. I'd like a scenario where Sonic and the others are automatically like "God, Eggman, what the fuck are you doing now?" and he's like "I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

Then again, my mind keeps going back to Black Doom. I'd love to see Empire vs. Other Army again, but actually done well. Imagine running through a battlefield with tons of lasers and explosions and stuff, altering the landscape.

What do you guys think? Any ideas for a new villain?

Maybe to counteract Eggman, a villain based off of Nature? Sorta like Viridi from Kid Icarus Uprising.He /She'd want to wipe out the humans and Sonic would set out to stop him/her.

• Thumbs Up 5

I want Nack to make a come back. He was such an awesome Villain with an interesting personality (a clumsy, egotistical Weasel with a thing for Jewels and guns). That was such a Cool idea for a villain that ultimately Sega just stopped using.

This. And he was a legitimate villain instead of just misunderstood or angsty like Knux, Shadow, and Silver.

• Thumbs Up 3

Due to popular "Fan" demand, Eggman is probably going to be the only villain from now on...

Sure, he was controlling the monster of the week in Generations, but it was still Eggman.

-Rouge and Omega betraying Shadow. They could be his final bosses. There would be a Rouge arc. Rouge would be reddemed by being horrfiyingly pummeled to near death by Sonic. Omega becomes a nusiance.

-Silver driven to insanity by the loss of Blaze. He uses ghosts, mummies, and other undead creatures as minions.

-Jet, Wave, and Storm. Lousy scumbags that make Rouge look like a saint. Also have Bean and Bark join them.

I'd love to see a Sonic game where one of Sonic's friends like Tails for instance is the final boss in some way. It seems ridiculous, but I loved those types of bosses in the 2nd and 3rd Paper Marios. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Eggman is getting stale since he's only been the opposing force for the entire game in two 3D titles so far. To be honest, I'd like more games where Eggman is just the villain, and nothing more complicated than that.

Well personally I'd like it if other villains were used as subplots in the game, but Eggman still remains the central threat. It's kinda like what I did in my Sonic Revolution idea.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Imperator Ix and his Nocturnus cronies, and Nack the Weasel. Also, the Kukkus.

Seriously, as many times as we've had this topic, we have some obscure foes who could be decent secondary villians. Eggman will obviously be at the top of the villains list, but we're sitting on potential gold with Sonic Team being either reluctant or uncaring to use them.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see G.U.N. play a bigger role in the world again.

They might not be "bad guys" per say, but with their own agenda I don't see why they cant get in Sonic's way more often. Furthermore, since Shadow, Rouge and Omega are all agents over there, that would position those characters to also get in Sonic's way. 3 recognizable faces to fret over in the course of a story.

I'd like to see Metal Sonic move back over to a Dragon/Right-hand-man role, but I think the series is teetering between that and his current spot as a puppet at a decent enough pace.

The Kukkus were great. Seeing them return for a game would be splendid, even if it was only to bring back this badass:

battle-kukku-16th-aka-speedy-tails-adventures.png

I'd be cool with having some other bad guys, as long as they aren't one-shots. Create something that actually has a long-term effect on the series, not just some gimmick to be beaten and forgotten.

Bringing back Nack/Fang as a mid-level villain would be great. He's a greedy, amoral mercenary usually (but maybe not always) working for Eggman. He's in it purely for the money; he could care less what Eggman's actually planning, and he'll bail when things get too hot.

And not really new, but they really ought to get Metal into a more consistent role. Get him out there challenging Sonic and wrecking shit, actually build up some character around the guy. I can get not wanting him to wear out his welcome, but as it is I don't really give a shit about him when he shows up because there's nothing interesting about him.

e: vvv nope

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 5

They should use some of the villains from Archie Sonic like Scourge and Fiona.

I think that Fiona would be a great rival for Rouge.fiona_fox___evil___2011_by_earthwind_dk2-d362alh.jpg

Edited by Vampfox

I think if they can change Some archie villains enough and make them not tied to the comics and maybe "re-introduce" them, I think that could be interesting. Again, just as long as it has no relevant connection to the Comics themselves.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 2

As much as I love Eggman, I do kind of wish they'd give him a break once in a while and by break I mean not completely subvert his villain status in favor of a MOTW. You can have a game or two where Eggman is awol(perhaps cooking up his next scheme), and Sonic has to fight another villain on the meantime.

The series does have good villains in both Erazor and Merlina, but their problem is that they were oneshots who didn't have much of an impact on the series. If there are to be other villains beside Eggman, they need to be established as recurring threats like Eggman.

I kind of miss Eggman Nega, sure he's a recolor of Eggman but after thinking about it, he has the potential to be a damn effective villain considering he's Eggman but 10x more insane there's a lot you can do with that.

I would be all for it, if the villain had some personality beyond a one-note like all of the other monsters of the week did. That's the problem with Sonic games, they don't have an extensive and memorable rogues gallery like the Mario series does (which then gets supplanted for the remainder, excluding some spinoffs and sports titles.)

As for charisma though? Nobody is going to beat the Eggmen when it comes to having the most charisma in the series, unless you get a slick, suave villain that consists of only as a giant moustache. Maybe wearing a monocle. Then we might be onto something.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still think Eggman needs to be pulling the strings. I really loved seeing Eggman teaming up with Shadow and Rouge in SA2. I liked seeing that team things, especially with, for the lack of a better term in-game, Mobians.

I'd like to see some of that in the games, again. But something that expands beyond just a one game. Something where, at the end of the game, the bad-animal returns with Eggman.

Eggman can't be behind everything that happens, otherwise he'll eventually turn into this douchebag right here:

Aizen.png

And I'd rather not hate Eggman thank you very much.

• Thumbs Up 4

Did you make that model? Because if you did, it looks pretty cool.

No. It's a model that used to be on Deviantart but the guy who made it deleted it. Luckly I saved it before he deleted it. Edited by Vampfox

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Imperator Ix and his Nocturnus cronies, and Nack the Weasel. Also, the Kukkus.

Seriously, as many times as we've had this topic, we have some obscure foes who could be decent secondary villians. Eggman will obviously be at the top of the villains list, but we're sitting on potential gold with Sonic Team being either reluctant or uncaring to use them.

I'm in full agreement with this. Each of these characters are fairly unique and with a little updating could bring something fun and fresh into the series. Personally I rather like the Archie comic take on the Kukkus with the battle bird armada. The Rogues part in that group actually made some sense and it's sorta cool to think there's a large group of these birds that want to find the Babylon Garden rather than just Jet, Wave and Storm.

As for Nack... Well I sorta picture him like the Bounty hunter type. With Rouge working as an agent with G.U.N. I think he'd make for a good rival, After all she currently doesn't have any competition when it comes to such tasks.

Slightly off topic I'm surprised non one mentioned Mephiles as a one shot villian =P .