Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I didn't got it wrong! I was refering to Jason the whole time. Seems like he was a problem to everyone... That sucks, because he didn't looked like that in interviews and such. Oh man, what else David will show next time.

Zembillas and Pearson did get to work on a later game, Crash Nitro Kart, probably a reason that title is by far the nearest to resembling another Naughty Dog game aesthetics wise. They not only did the character and track designs but Pearson did some of the storyboards for the FMVs.

Allegedly them and Siller made a 'bible' detailing a lot of mythos of the early franchise. I'd love that to be shown publicly some day.

Edited by E-122-Psi

It seems like Vicarious Visions let them run real loose with CNK. For example, Nash is actually based on the mascot for the school Zembillas runs.

Am I the only one who finds it unbelievably funny that in the Crash Landed demo that's on Youtube, Crash looks more like Fake Crash, with the massive eyebrows and everything?

I really don't get it.

Why do so many Crash ideas get a little bit of work done... and then they're canned?

Does Activision simply not want to make money? What gives? This looks like they're constantly dumping money into the brand on small things, but never committing to an actual title. Thank God for the successful active IPs the company has or I imagine it would be bankrupt.

Edited by Ty the Tasmanian Ogilvie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who finds it unbelievably funny that in the Crash Landed demo that's on Youtube, Crash looks more like Fake Crash, with the massive eyebrows and everything?

The DS demo? That's because it probably IS Fake Crash. They were likely just using it as a placeholder. 

I want Naughty Dog to make a new Crash game, but I'm scared seeing what they did to Jak

Naughty Dog did nothing to Jak. High Impact Games made The Lost Frontier. Not Naughty Dog.

I really don't get it.

Why do so many Crash ideas get a little bit of work done... and then they're canned?

Does Activision simply not want to make money? What gives? This looks like they're constantly dumping money into the brand on small things, but never committing to an actual title. Thank God for the successful active IPs the company has or I imagine it would be bankrupt.

The thing is even if Activision did allow a studio to complete a Crash game they'd likely interfere with it a lot and ruin it just to get more money. This is what they have done with games such as Destiny by cutting content out just to sell it later on. As much as I would love to see a new Crash game I would not have any faith in it unless Activision were not involved in any way.

Naughty Dog did nothing to Jak. High Impact Games made The Lost Frontier. Not Naughty Dog.

I saw a leak of the next Jak game by Naughty Dog, and...oy.

I saw a leak of the next Jak game by Naughty Dog, and...oy.

What leak? 

EDIT: Nevermind. You were referring to that scrapped reboot that everyone's known about for some time. 

Edited by Operationgamer17

What leak? 

EDIT: Nevermind. You were referring to that scrapped reboot that everyone's known about for some time. 

Oh, it's been out for a while? I saw it on GameFAQs message boards

• 2 weeks later...

The DS demo? That's because it probably IS Fake Crash. They were likely just using it as a placeholder. 

That's in no way, shape, or form, Fake Crash. It was Crash's design for Crash Landed before it got canned.

Also, if you want to hear more of Dave's stories behind closed doors, check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/crashbandicoot.theuntoldstory/

New artwork of Crash Landed surfaces, dating back as early as late 2008/early 2009: 

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/mrlinds/sets/72157622594653662/

You can see some concepts such as un-evolved animals being used as transportation or gadgets (such as the manatee and the billy goat), some of Cortex's mutants pursuing Crash, artillery (like the cannon) and artwork of the islands and environments. 

I just want to say that I can't stand Crash's design in Crash Landed. At least the Titans design resembled Crash. It's a bad thing when the new design looks like Fake Crash: A character designed to look as ugly and fake as possible.

I just want to say that I can't stand Crash's design in Crash Landed. At least the Titans design resembled Crash. It's a bad thing when the new design looks like Fake Crash: A character designed to look as ugly and fake as possible.

These two really look alike? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Operationgamer17
Darn glitches on mobile messed up my post
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh yes! The likeliness is uncanny! I can barely tell the difference! 1195E617-5F70-4A1A-984C-FB4BE95C6AB4_zps

686DDEEA-6319-4775-B5D7-78BF02D221C8_zps
Edited by CrashRatchetFan
  • Thumbs Up 1

These two really look alike? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh yes! The likeliness is uncanny! I can barely tell the difference! 1195E617-5F70-4A1A-984C-FB4BE95C6AB4_zps

686DDEEA-6319-4775-B5D7-78BF02D221C8_zps

I was referring to his in-game model in the demo that was released.

I was referring to his in-game model in the demo that was released.

The DS demo? Can't expect it to be absolutely perfect. You can blame hardware limitations for that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well thank God for that if true.

It's refreshing to hear a developer outright criticize their game in that way. I'm very bitter over the sugarcoating (nay, sugar-burying) that games like Rise of Lyric had before release. It's just nice to have a dev talk straight to you instead of PR.

Well thank God for that if true.

It's refreshing to hear a developer outright criticize their game in that way. I'm very bitter over the sugarcoating (nay, sugar-burying) that games like Rise of Lyric had before release. It's just nice to have a dev talk straight to you instead of PR.

Keep in mind, he might've meant at the stage the game was in when it was cancelled. Also, opinions vary, so this could've just been his opinion. 

Keep in mind, he might've meant at the stage the game was in when it was cancelled. Also, opinions vary, so this could've just been his opinion. 

When a dev says a game isn't fun, I imagine he means "most gamers wouldn't find it fun."

The point of a game is not for it to amuse you personally, but to endear masses of people so that they will fork over the dough for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

According to one of the devs that worked on Crash Landed, the game wasn't very fun to play. If this is true, this could've been a MAJOR factor in the game's cancellation. https://crashynews.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/wayforwards-pitch-turned-into-taz-more/

This reason isn't new and is just one of them.

I reinforced it in the post because I wanted to assure more people that it was another reason for the game's cancellation, aside from the layoffs of the Crash Team in Radical Entertainment