Awoo.

Young Justice

Johnny Boy

Young_Justice_Title.jpg

Young Justice (dubbed Young Justice: Invasion for the second season of the series) is an American animated television series created by Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti for Cartoon Network. Despite its title, it is not a direct adaptation of Peter David, Todd Dezago and Todd Nauck's Young Justice comic series, but rather an adaptation of the entire DC Universe with a focus on young superheroes. The series follows the lives of teenaged heroes and sidekicks who are members of a fictional covert operation group called the Team. The Team is essentially a young counterpart to the celebrity-level famous adult team, the Justice League. The main setting is the fictional universe of Earth-16, during a time period in which superheroes are a relatively recent phenomenon. The series debuted with an hour long special on November 26th, 2010 with the airing of the first two episodes, 'Independence Day' and 'Fireworks'. Young Justice premiered on September 9th, 2011 on Teletoon, in Canada.

I can't believe nobody has made a thread about this yet! Ok so as the description above describes, Young Justice is this show about a team made up of the sidekicks of famous DC superheroes such as Batman, Green Arrow, and Flash. The original team was made up of Aqualad, Robin (Dick Grayson), Superboy, Miss Martian, Kid Flash, Artemis, Zatanna, and Rocket.

The second season takes place five years after the first and new members of the team include Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Wondergirl and many more.

The show has been on hiatus for a couple of months but is coming back sometime this month. As for my personal opinion on this show, I think that this is the best show Cartoon Network currently has right now. In terms of how it compares to other DC animated shows I'd place it just after Justice League.

So what do you guys think of this show and what do you predict will happen in future episodes. Also who's your favorite character and what characters do you want to show up in the future.

Also here is a comic con trailer of what's to come. It shows that Deathstroke and Static Shock will show up at some point.

Joker.png

NO.

That and this series version of the Riddler are IMO some massive missteps.

The_Riddler_Young_Justice.jpg

Edited by Balding Spider

That and this series version of the Riddler are IMO some massive missteps.

The_Riddler_Young_Justice.jpg

That picture of the Riddler actually kind of looks like Jim Carrey, who of course played the Riddler in the film Batman Forever....it wasn't great.

Edited by NightwingFox

Yeah I really don't like what they did with some of the bat rogues in this show, especially joker, Brett Spiner did an atrocious job. Should've at least gotten John DiMaggio to voice him since Mark Hamill is retired. But on the plus side I like what they did with Ra's Ah Ghul and Bane.

And I'm really excited for Static and Deathstroke. And I'm hoping some of Statics Rogues make it on the show, but thats highly unlikely though.

I liked the first season a bit more than Invasion, but I still love the show nonetheless. I am surprised that this thread wasn't made earlier as well.

However, part of me wishes Young Justice was more like Teen Titans. I miss Starfire and Raven XD

I liked the first season a bit more than Invasion, but I still love the show nonetheless. I am surprised that this thread wasn't made earlier as well.

However, part of me wishes Young Justice was more like Teen Titans. I miss Starfire and Raven XD

Actually, Greg Weismann said that Starfire is one of the characters considered for season 3. There might be some hope for you LunarEdge.

• Thumbs Up 1

DC Animated always seems to click with me and this show is no exception. Definitely feels like a much more mature Teen Titans (which I loved and miss dearly) series and the involvement of the Justice League is a nice touch. Really enjoying the second season so far, with the addition of all the new characters. If Starfire and Raven show up on the scene, I will be a very happy man (even if they will be very little like their Teen Titans versions).

I kinda liked the close knit community of core characters that the first season went through. I'm finding that with so many new faces in the "invasion" arc that its getting really hard to be attached to some of the heroes. The storylines have their focus split over too many people.

I'm still enjoying the series though. I hope the 2nd season lives up to the first as time moves on.

I see it as a new Justice League for Cartoon Network.

Started off as a small group before going towards a massive pool of superheroes. And for such a large cast, Greg Weissmen seems to be carrying it very well. The creator of Gargoyles did not disappoint too much with this series.

The mystery is what really has me itching to find out what's going on and what's happening next. Lots of things are so interconnected in a way that it leaves you asking for more and more and more. Usually you would call so many connections like this convoluted, and although there's a lot of it, there's always something to keep you interested. The central thing is that the Light is fighting the Justice League in whatever ways they feel necessary; a typical good guys versus the bad guys but with a more intricate handling to it.

Of course, the mystery to somethings can just as easily make you wonder how it ties to anything at all, but while we're waiting for those loose ends to be tied up we're being content with a lot of the other elements that are in the series.

One thing I like about this series is that they give the characters actual ages now. For instance:

Superman: 38

Batman: 37

Wonder Woman: 95

Green Lantern: 38

Flash: 40

Aquaman: 34

Martian Manhunter: 150 (mid forties in human years)

Lex Luthor: 51 (no I'm dead serious he's that old)

Why do the villains looked Pokemon Gym Leader rejects? wacko.png

To be fair not all of them look bad.

Parasite.png

Clayface_Young_Justice.jpg

Young-Justice-animated-Black-Manta-Jr.jpg

Sportsmaster_YJTV_h2.jpg

And by the way I love what this series has done for both Black Manta, and Sportsmaster.

Okay. A sypnosis has been released for next weeks episode titled "Satisfaction". You remember when it was revealed that red arrow was actually a clone the whole time and how he vowed to find "the real Roy Harper"? Well in this episode, The real Roy shows up and he wants to make the people who ruined his life suffer (I guess that's why he's using a rocket launcher in the comic con preview).

Okay. A sypnosis has been released for next weeks episode titled "Satisfaction". You remember when it was revealed that red arrow was actually a clone the whole time and how he vowed to find "the real Roy Harper"? Well in this episode, The real Roy shows up and he wants to make the people who ruined his life suffer (I guess that's why he's using a rocket launcher in the comic con preview).

And Arsenal was born.

One thing I like about this series is that they give the characters actual ages now. For instance:

Wonder Woman: 95

EW.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I think that falls into the category of "things DogTagz was better off not knowing".

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say age doesn't matter if you still look like a supermodel. B)

Alright, so what's the general consensus for this show? I tried checking TV Tropes, but they act like the show killed their dog or something, there's just an endless amount of negative tropes.