Awoo.

Funniest moment you've had in a sonic game

StaticMania

Alright let's get to business.

Now I know we have had our fair share of funny moments while playing our games whether it be a very funny death, weird glitch moments, or just doing something so skillful by accident. I want you to tell me your funny mishaps you had while playing any sonic games.

And you know since this is my topic I'll start first.

While playing sonic heroes abusing bad collision detection and attack programming I was able to beat seaside hill with only sonic without using knuckles and tails, basically saying screw them I'll do it myself.

I like waffles.

Probably a general one, but the second boss fight in Heroes where the other team jumps backward or right over you. Ends the fight in less than 5 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Adventure's terribad cutscene animation and voice direction is a joy to watch.

Ones that stand in particular to me are:

"WHOAAAAAA... A Chaos Emerald!" and "you're gonna crash, AUGH!" (both from the original Dreamcast version)

"BBBE" -Sonic

"?????" - Tails

"BEST BOSS BEATING EVER!!!" -Sonic

*Sonic stands in a goofy looking stance*

And another one was when Sonic "died" in Sonic 06. I'm sorry but I laughed my ass off. He saves the princess and is taking her to a random place to get some P**** then all of a sudden, Mephy blinds them with a chaos emerald and BOOM. Stabs the dog shit out of sonic. Bahaha!

That glitch in 06 where Rouge or Knuckles inexplicably fly miles into the air. I can't get it to happen on cue, but when it does happen it helps in End of the World to skip everything. It also happened in Aquatic Base the other day, and the camera went crazy because I hit the ceiling very hard.

Also in Generations Chemical Plant when you boost into a Spiny and it gets a sad face for a brief second :D this game really did the whole attention to detail well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Colours, I started up Planet Wisp Act one and had a random Lazer when I started which spontainiously shot me through the forest. Never has hapened since and I don't think there is any Lazers in Planet Wisp. Is there?

the moment when your playing SA2 multiplayer and your so far ahead of your friend that you wait at the goal ring taunting them with whistles. i did this so often, then my friend used chaos control and won! it was even funnier then XD

also - SA2 biolizard boss when you touch the water and shadow goes flying off screen screaming MARIA!

I also liked the generations detail smile.png like when you stand near the motorbugs they jump around and get mad before charging at you, and if you jump out of sight they stop and look around confused XD

Edited by Naysu

Sonic Adventure.

"His heart will remain in turmoil!"

*exaggerated eye twitching*

"And his anger just won't vanish!"

*camera stops for five seconds*

*sudden shot*

"He'll just be trapped..."

*extreme closeup*

"FOREVER!"

*mouth is still moving*

• Thumbs Up 5

When my brother and I were playing multiplayer on SA2:B and he first found out that in Green Forest, he could literally shoot Metal Sonic straight out of the level on the very first drop by spamming the shield. Which turned into even more hilarity after we continued to abuse Metal throughout the level.

Much fun was had that day.

And now if you'll excuse me, I want to go play SA2:B with my brother.

Hmm. So, I played 06 (yeah, this is gonna be fun...) on the terribad Silver vs. Sonic boss. Used the sky gem and got on the roofs you aren't supposed to be on. Tried to get off the roofs, and then got stuck in midair, and was only able to like 'hover' over the arena. It was fun, but I couldn't down!

Basically, I was like this:

JS3x2.png

Forever. But I could move around.

aah.png

How easily tails kills himself when following Sonic in Sonic Adventure.

YOU´RE GONNA CRASH!!! AHHH!! dat mouth

Sonic faceplanting in a 8 bits tune also in Sonic Adventure.

Sonic faceplanting and squashing himself, also in Sonic Adventure.

Sonic´s face when Amy is about to chase him is Sonic Riders.

I laughted hard when Sonic says "I give up, she is so weird" in Sonic Adventure about Amy.

The facial expressions in Sonic Adventure, oh god.

*Amy glomps Silver.*

*looks at Silver*

-I´M SO SORRY!!!

*Bitch slaps Silver* (Sonic 06)

Sonic crying NOOOOOOO when he loses his hotdog in Sonic and the Black Knight.

I´m sure there is more.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ya know, there's a lot of funny moments in Sonic Adventure, such as when Big mistakes a Green Chaos Emerald for Froggy.

One definitive moment of funny from Unleashed I'll always remember. If you haven't done so, just go and play out the Holoska mission involving Sarianna and her husband, and include a friend in the process. Every time you think she can't be a bigger bitch than she is to her husband, she manages to defy expectation. It eventually gets to the point where the husband will ask Sonic, "Do you think she loves me?"

Fuck no, she doesn't. She wouldn't let you take a public transportation service into town to buy food for the family because she wanted your money to shop for a new fur coat. We probably stretched out the mission more than necessary; half the time it was just us staring in silence at the screen and each other.

Chemical Plant Zone's boss. If you time it just right, you jump on top of Eggman in the corner and you finish him off in under 6-7 seconds.

Other than that, i've went through the wall in Sonic Adventure before Speed Highway's running down the building segment, so I ended up falling down the building on the wrong side, without running.

Edited by a person
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Adventure's facial animations and voice acting are pretty self-explanatory, but one scene never fails to make me laugh from just how weird it comes off to me as.

It's after Eggman shoots down the Tornado. Sonic and Tails are separated, and Sonic falls face-first into the beach in time to the world's longest slide whistle concert. Sonic plucks himself out, asks if Tails is there, and spots a girl staring at him. Sonic informs the mysterious girl she is not who he is looking for, and runs off wondering where Tails is.

The girl doesn't utter a sound.

WHY IS THE GIRL THERE?

Just have Sonic plop down, say "Shoot! What happened to Tails?!" and run off!

• Thumbs Up 5

I've got a few.

-Unleashed:

1. Eggman getting hit in the face with a rock and Orbot laughs at him.

2. "How'd you get here so quickly?" It's such a dumb question for Eggman to ask, that it might as well be funny.

3. Running gags like Chip offering strangers chocolate and Sonic landing face first into the ground (which would carry on in SatBK).

-I'll also admit some of Colors's jokes had me chuckling, though still admitting that they were cheesy.

-I give a lot of props to the first Riders game for how expressive and funny the characters are in the cutscenes (though you're mileage may vary with the models) but the one that really seals the deal for me is Sonic's face at the end of Heroes's story when Amy angerily calls out his name. It's a face that says, "Aww shit, I'm screwed...."

EDIT: Oh jeez, misread the title of the thread. Sorry.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmmm... I think another funny moment I had was when I was racing my cousin in SA2, and she beat me as Amy and I've always questioned how she did it, I used Speed up and she still passed me even though she didn't use her speed up. I wasn't mad as I was too young to get mad but I was confused as hell.