Awoo.

Digimon Adventure (PSP, developed by Prope)

Candescence

This is like the Digimon World series that should've actually been Digimon World.

And part of me wonders if they're going to due future seasons in this format? Probably not, but that would be friggin awesome if they did though.

Edited by Soniman

This is like the Digimon World series that should've actually been Digimon World.

And part of me wonders if they're going to due future seasons in this format? Probably not, but that would be friggin awesome if they did though.

Well, if this game SELLS (considering it's a PSP game and the PSP still lives in Japan while simultaneously cannibalising the Vita), I wouldn't be surprised. Though Prope would have to work with the markedly different progression of each series (they're NOT seasons, good grief, I can't believe people still get this wrong):

• Adventure 02: A bit of a mix between the real and Digital Worlds, mostly focused around the Digital World until the World Tour arc.
  • Tamers: Most of it is pretty much restricted to Shinjuku, before the Devas show up, and then a chunk is spent in the Digital World, and THEN the D-Reaper shows up, and it's back to the real world again...
  • Frontier: Almost entirely spent travelling the Digital World, except for Takuya's brief escapade into the real world. Noted for being one of the worst-received series, could do with some improvements, especially towards the end where all but two or three of the main characters lose the spotlight completely.
  • Savers (has a PS2 side-game): Starts off with "monster of the week"-style progression mostly in the real world, before Falcomon shows up and Merkurimon curbstomps everyone, and then the progression alternates between the real and Digital World in small and relatively frequent chunks.
  • Xros Wars (has a DS side-game): Almost entirely in the Digital World, with the brief return to the real world being marked as a transition between the first half of the series and the Seven Death Generals plotline.
  • Young Hunters: ... Actually, might be better if they didn't touch this one with a ten-foot-pole, or better, redo it entirely. No plot progression for literally most of the series, only half the length of the others, and the main character never gets any character development whatsoever and is completely unlikable. Its only highlight was the crossover, and even then, it suffered from the same issue as Frontier, in favor of said static main character. How the hell did a series with so much potential end up sucking so hard?

Once again, I question the lack of a 3DS port. The top screen is only slightly less wide than the PSP's, and you can cram all the UI elements on the bottom screen. Not rocket science.

I really just want a sequel that fixes most of the bullshittery on Adventure 02's story. And probably integrates the Wonderswan games too.

I'd love to play this game for two reasons:

1) Yuji Naka is involved in it. I sorta feel like i owe the man a bit for making my childhood so awesome.

2) If its a faithfull adaption of the Digimon Adventure anime, i'd love to play it just so that i could experience the story from beggining to end. Back when the show was on the air i saw it more in glimpses than all the way through, so ive never really experienced the story in complete. And i dont quite feel the incintament to watch the whole long series now so...

Wait, all of the episodes plus our war game are recreated and all of the original cast is back?!! I must have this game. NOW

All of the original Japanese cast, anyway. Right now it's not confirmed for overseas release, after all.

(Though, frankly, I'd be okay with a text only translation, but I'm an oddball like that. /flees!)

It's been confirmed that there's a bonus side-story unlocked after completing the main game that has another series crossover. It also gives us a January 17th release date.

tumblr_mc4337LCN21rhgf3lo1_1280.jpg

Interestingly no sign of Tagiru. I wonder if this will be canon to the anime series' (since they're all canon as separate universes within the same overarcing continuity), or if it's an unrelated crossover ignoring what Hunters did?

Totally preordering this. This game is basically the reason I bought a PSP. Shame it looks like they're using Masaru's first outfit though, his second one was a billion times more awesome. D:

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whoa, whoa, whoa, all episodes of Adventure, plus Our War Game, as WELL as a crossover side-story involving guest star party members? DAMN IT, BANDAI, LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY, ALREADY, YOU IDIOTS, I want a localized 3DS version! Granted, I have a PSP, but still, I doubt any localized version is gonna be sold at retail, since Sony are pushing the Vita in the west, despite the handheld practically flopping...

Tagiru's absence is very much conspicuous, however, it's like Prope and/or Bandai simply swept Young Hunters under the rug and hoped nobody would notice. Probably for the best, mind you, Young Hunters had a crossover, but Tagiru undeservedly stole the damn spotlight from everyone else, and Young Hunters in general is not a season Bandai should be proud to celebrate, for a few reasons.

I wonder how the music will be handled, will it be mostly original stuff, or maybe tunes from the original show.

If anything, I hope we can get a remixed Butter-fly out of this.

I'll be happy so long as they use Butter-Fly in some form. It's flat-out my favourite song ever.

As for new versions, there was this a few years back;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_vjQlGE17c

Also, regarding Tagiru, there is a chance this game has been in development for longer than Young Hunters has been around. It was something of a last-second tacked on rush job and is still pretty recent, so there's a chance they simply didn't have time to include anything from it.

Well, that or they realised that the series was a heap of shit and want to try and sweep it under the rug.

Edited by -Mark-

Also, regarding Tagiru, there is a chance this game has been in development for longer than Young Hunters has been around. It was something of a last-second tacked on rush job and is still pretty recent, so there's a chance they simply didn't have time to include anything from it.

Well, that or they realised that the series was a heap of shit and want to try and sweep it under the rug.

Not to mention Young Hunters had the worst rating of any Digimon series by far, so it was quite a bit of an embarrassment for Bandai all-round, so I imagine they're taking the Capcom route and ignoring that it even existed. I don't think time constraints are the problem, there was plenty of time to include Tagiru during development, even before the series ended.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

It's not hard to believe that Young Hunters tanked, but I'm a bit curious as to where you got any ratings figures from?

It's not hard to believe that Young Hunters tanked, but I'm a bit curious as to where you got any ratings figures from?

Admittedly, I don't have anything concrete, but a google search would probably do the trick, and pretty much everything I've heard on the subject pretty much makes it clear that Young Hunters tanked in the ratings, as the lowest-rating Digimon series to date.

Ok odd man out here. wtf is Young Hunters?! it must've sucked incredibly if a seasoned fan like me never heard of it.

(well, the original - I do NOT want to talk about the Frankenstien's Monster-like monstrosity that was Digimon The Move).

Heeey, I grew up on Frankenstien's Monster-like monstrosity. dry.png

Edited by goku262002

Ok odd man out here. wtf is Young Hunters?! it must've sucked incredibly if a seasoned fan like me never heard of it.

Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time, basically a continuation of Xros Wars, except half as short as a typical series, had literally no plot progression until the last few episodes, and the main character never got any development, and was quite frankly the most unbearable gogglehead I have ever had the misfortune to watch. The only thing notable about it was the crossover at the end, which is the only thing from it many fans actually watched, and even then, said main character hogged the damn spotlight.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, trailers have already shown clips from Hunters in it.

Also, this game's out next month- getting pretty excited here; is anyone besides myself actually going to be importing it? I'll be preordering from YesAsia and paying for the fastest delivery possible. >.>

Also, this game's out next month- getting pretty excited here; is anyone besides myself actually going to be importing it? I'll be preordering from YesAsia and paying for the fastest delivery possible. >.>

I'm gonna try to import it, but I'll have to see how things work out.

My cousin lent me a PSP with custom firmware installed so I'll probably going to give it a try. No way I'm going to import something that I can't understand.

If it gets released in Europe I'll buy it just to support the Digimon games, I need my Rumble Arena 3.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 1

NNgdN.png

I love how the guy from the 4th season sticks out like a sore thumb.

You mean 5th. Masaru stands out mainly because of his age, height, the art style Digimon Savers was drawn in, and the fact that he's the only Digimon protagonist so far that has eschewed goggles in favor of beating the shit out of Digimon with his bare hands.

Funnily enough, despite what his art implies, he's hardly a downer at all, in fact, he's often quite upbeat.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh shit, Tagiru is in the game after all. 

20-digimon-adventure-29.jpg

In fairness I kind of like Tagiru as a character, it's just his series was shit and he never got any development like, at all. I doubt it, but hopefully the game might cast him in a more positive light.

Either way, got my copy preordered and paying extra for EMS shipping, so I should have it a few days after launch. smile.png

EDIT: Damn, I just realised, the original post-game story might be harder for me to follow. Ah well, it's fully voiced anyway. I'm better at understanding spoken Japanese than I am at reading it.

Edited by -Mark-

So wait, why does everyone hate Digimon Xros Whatever? I dropped out sometime during Savers, so I'm a bit out of the loop.*

*(didn't drop out because I didn't like it so much as other things were eating up my time and I never got around to re-watching it)

So wait, why does everyone hate Digimon Xros Whatever? I dropped out sometime during Savers, so I'm a bit out of the loop.*

*(didn't drop out because I didn't like it so much as other things were eating up my time and I never got around to re-watching it)

I don't think people hate Digimon Xros.

People hate the mini-series after it. Apparently it has a lack of plot progression and the little crossover it had was a wasted opportunity.