Awoo.

Rouge the Bat from a Design Standpoint

Faseeh

I honestly hate how her wings aren't attached to her arms, it's one of those stylistic choices I can never get past.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly hate how her wings aren't attached to her arms, it's one of those stylistic choices I can never get past.

At least she has wings.

douchejet.png

Speaking of Jet, one of his conceptual designs gave him wing-arms. It makes me appreciate the fact that Rouge's arms and wings are separate really.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I much prefer Jet's conceptual design than the one we got. It deviates from the white gloves and shoes the series tends to stick to, while still being proportionally a Sonic character.

As for Rouge, I do kind of like how she has had the most wardrobe changes out of all the characters, it adds to her image as a girl who takes pride in their looks. My only gripe is the lack of white fur on her, granted most of her body is covered most of the time, but I notice most of the skin exposed is tan colored, and it makes her a look a bit more "human" I guess, I can't explain it.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, what I find interesting is how Rouge takes a generally ugly looking animal and actually turns out sexy. You don't usually see something like that, but I guess it isn't that hard to take bat wings and ears and place them on a sexy body. :P

*insert obligatary topic meme about Rouge's knockers here*

Because of her boob size? tongue.png

Anyway, you forgot to mention ShTH, which was when Rouge actually got her SA2 design back. Not in Sonic 06.

377px-Shadowth_rouge.png

And if there were a few moral guardians who complained about Rouge's physique/design in SA2, that may had been a reason why she got her Heroes redesign. Just throwing that out there.

I forgot that game existed... See what you have done now. Yeah, I'll do an edit to the OP.

It also gives her six limbs, kinda odd that.

At least she has wings.

douchejet.png

Speaking of Jet, one of his conceptual designs gave him wing-arms. It makes me appreciate the fact that Rouge's arms and wings are separate really.

I imagine the wings arms would have made more sense if he flew on his own instead of with a board, not sure why they went with the flying creature who needs a flying machine

Rouge is adorable no.matter how she looks. But she should have another outfit change soon.

Rouge is an awesome character. I wanna see more development in her as a character later on. She can be a damn interesting one, similarly as to how she was pulled off in Battle, just a lot more complex.

Anyways, I kinda like the look Rouge has in Riders and 06. Riders, as she has a sassy, girly, yet very confident and strong 'tude going on. 06 being more of the definitive design. It's pretty much an SA2 Rouge with some more modern, refined tweaks. I like her this way. I don't like Generations Rouge a much, though... She looks too tan. Just me though.

She needs more development on her boobs character. So glad, she doesn't sound like a 40 year old hooker anymore.

I still want to know why she became an agent. I bet it's because of the moneybucks.

If there is an explaination, I must have either never heard of it, or forgot about it.

I would probably explain it with she wants to get closer into GUN information and business and whatnot for her own needs.

But she doesn't seem to be the "I always get what I want!" type anymore...aside from Free Riders.

It also gives her six limbs, kinda odd that.

That's no different from Tails. Her's are just on her back while Tails has his on his ass.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I think it's a sterotypical cartoon thing to do.

photo-3447.gif"YOUR BULLETS CANNOT HURT ME! MY WINGS..." Shuttdap...

That's no different from Tails. Her's are just on her back while Tails has his on his ass.

Ah, but Tails is reconisably a mutant/abnormal. With Rouge, no-one goes "Hey! You got wings!"... granted, no-one does that with tails anymore... But there's nothing to suggest the rest of her speices aren't like that.

I did see a while back the concept of wings behaving sort of like a cloak (attached to the arms) in a children's book I was reading. Although the Bats looked just like the mice (there was a plot reason for this).

At least she has wings.

douchejet.png

I wonder what the babylon rogues would look like with bird versions of rouge's wings. But then Jet'd be less of an annoying parrot a hawk, more of a griffin...

Edited by Paradox

Also Rogue's hands now are GUN. They got an awesome upgrade. Why?

Rogue talks to her hand when she is trying to contact with GUN.

Ah, but Tails is reconisably a mutant/abnormal. With Rouge, no-one goes "Hey! You got wings!"... granted, no-one does that with tails anymore... But there's nothing to suggest the rest of her speices aren't like that.

That's really no excuse. Fact of the matter is that they both have six limbs, and to find it weird on one and not the other might as well be hypocritical.

That's really no excuse. Fact of the matter is that they both have six limbs, and to find it weird on one and not the other might as well be hypocritical.

Oh look, I said something that I guess is bad about a new character, this obviously also applies to an old character and I am an hypocrite.

Tails has an extra tail, Rouges wings are extra appendages with no actual analog. They're both cases of cartoon logic, but then what's Rouge supposed to look like if she's electrocuted? And she doesn't fly but just glides? There's just a lot of things here that don't make a heck of a lot of sense.

Having to animate Rouges arms flailing about to get her to fly would limit her abilities in the air, and make her look very odd, especially with the gloved arms and perfectly formed hands.

Tails can hover/fly whilst still having full movement and expression from his body, shadow can whilst floating with his shoes in that one SA2 scene, Jet can whilst on the hoverboard etc.

If Rouge was different, and had to flap her arms around she would just look completely odd.

• Thumbs Up 2

Glad they've kept Rouge and took little notice of the idiot parent people who have nothing better to do than bitch about cartoon boobies in a game.

The thing I like about the Sonic series is the diverse characters it has, I mean the series would get boring if all the characters were kiddy or kid friendly. A curvy, sexy seductress bat in the games is a nice breath of fresh air and change to the usual female characters of the series.

As far as a design point of view...never really liked her Sonic Heroes outfit as much as her original, but I could accept it (like I can accept a few other characters) as a costume change; a one off "for this game only" style change that I think girl characters are more easily acceptable for having due to them having more clothes (or any clothes at all not just gloves and shoes) to work with.

Sonic Riders does this well too; giving all characters a slight costume change, though I never though Rouge's clothes suited her much. Sure the look was very "riders" ie: skate/snowboard/surf kind of style, but it seemed more like something Amy would wear, a nice girl outfit with all the flowers on it. Expected Rouge to have something more badass.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rouge's "goth" alternate outfit from SA2B return again as an unlockable or something (assuming we get to play as some more characters other than just Sonic in any games they release from nowdry.png )

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh look, I said something that I guess is bad about a new character, this obviously also applies to an old character and I am an hypocrite.

The logic is hypocritical, yes. Not necessarily the person.

lol And what the hell does being a new character have to do with it? I'm saying that if it's odd for Rouge to have six limbs, it should be odd for Tails too for the same reasons. Shouldn't matter who came first unless you're prejudiced like that...are you?

Tails has an extra tail, Rouges wings are extra appendages with no actual analog. They're both cases of cartoon logic, but then what's Rouge supposed to look like if she's electrocuted? And she doesn't fly but just glides? There's just a lot of things here that don't make a heck of a lot of sense.

If they're both cases of cartoon logic, why in the hell are they suppose to make that kind of sense? All that you just brought up is completely irrelevant as far as the "logic" here goes. Rouge's wings have no analog by comparison? It's no different from other fiction that does the same thing with winged creatures, like dragons for example. They're both analogous to birds or bat wings. Sure they're separate from their arms, but how is that a bad thing for being extra appendages?

Although with Rouge gliding instead of flying, that's more gameplay than anything else. She flips between gliding in one game and flying in the other, so it'd be easier to say she can do both like any other flying creature can.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

It's like Sonic Heroes doesn't exist. tongue.png

Some people would like it to be that way. But not me! I loves Sonic Heroes!

Rouge's anatomy is pretty much the standard "angel" style:

Angel-Glitters-60.gif

I don't think it's inconsistant. If another bat shows up and he has different wings, well that's inconsistant. Bats are often potrayed as mere mice with wings, SEGA aren't the first.

And I can add another! Charmy Bee! (Has six limbs, should have more). The point is, in game media (or at least, sonic mythos, don't ask me for a source), Tails is reguarded as WIERD. Rouge isn't, neither is Charmy, or even Jet.

I'm not on either side of this fence. I don't think Rouge looks weird, but you it's not really hypocritical to say that you find Rouge weird but not Tails, when everyone KNOWS Tails is weird.

Mind you, we're talking about annatomy in a series about a talking blue hedgehog who runs at the speed of sound? I don't think science has much of a say here. (Logic and consistancy are other matters)

Edited by Paradox
  • Thumbs Up 1

And I can add another! Charmy Bee! (Has six limbs, should have more). The point is, in game media (or at least, sonic mythos, don't ask me for a source), Tails is reguarded as WIERD. Rouge isn't, neither is Charmy, or even Jet.

I'm not on either side of this fence. I don't think Rouge looks weird, but you it's not really hypocritical to say that you find Rouge weird but not Tails, when everyone KNOWS Tails is weird.

I don't think we're talking about which characters look weird in general. It's just something really specific, in that someone finds it odd that one character has six limbs while seeing nothing wrong with another character with six limbs.

Admittedly I can't wrap my head around how anyone can find any character weird...not that it makes me less argumentative about it. :lol:

There's just a lot of things here that don't make a heck of a lot of sense.

So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth show... that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 8

Rouge is one of a few things left that remind me that the series is not only aimed at little children. I like her for that. Speaking of her as a character I liked her in Sa2, Heroes, SNG, Chronicles and Free riders. She needs more character development though (hell they ALL need it now).

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like Rouge's outfit with the heart motif - it's kinda simple and suits the Sonic-esque character design. I'm not so keen on the fact that her figure is designed to look a bit like Jessica Rabbit! XD