Awoo.

SEGA Confirms Episode 2 Patch [iOS]

Autosaver

The console versions of Sonic 4 Episode 2 have no problem running the game. But I can not say the same for the iOS version. It runs like CRAP on the iPhone 4 (And I've heard iPhone 4s too?) and it makes it nearly unplayable. Try playing a fast platformer at 10 FPS. It just doesn't work and all it does is frustrates you. Do you know how many time I died on Sky Fortress because the game fails to respond to my control inputs? Dozens! Well anyways, I sent a nasty (not really) ticket to SEGA and I also made a thread on the SEGA Forum. One of the staff responded to my ticket saying that they are working on a patch which will be released soon. So anyone upset with the game at its current state should be aware a patch is coming.

Hello,

As with any OS release there are often unseen number of issues that may affect ones game. The developers are aware of this issue, and are working on an update to address this issue. I will leave this ticket open, and will inform you when the update has been released.

Best Regards,

SEGA Customer Support

I realize that some people don't have a problem with the framerate. I think this is mainly with the iPod Touch 4G group. I tried the game on my brother's iPod Touch and it seems like the problem isn't as bad. But the game overall looks worse so I can understand why it behaves differently.

Edited by Autosaver

4S works fine, my little brother has one.

Thank God for the iCloud, I wouldn't have wanted to play through the game again on his iPod.

Runs fine on my 4S, and ran okay on my brother's third-generation iPod touch, too. Is your phone jailbroken at all? Wonder if that might affect it, it seems weird how it runs fine for some people and terribly for others.

• 2 weeks later...

Runs fine on my 4S, and ran okay on my brother's third-generation iPod touch, too. Is your phone jailbroken at all? Wonder if that might affect it, it seems weird how it runs fine for some people and terribly for others.

Not jailbroken.

Mine is a 4. Keep in mind that the 4S has a dual core GPCPU while the 4 is single core, resulting in lower performance.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Works well on my ipad 2. Unfortunate that the only patches they released were iPhone 5 support and Facebook support. Where's the Episode Metal fix?