Awoo.

Where's Sonic?

Autosaver

macmillan_cover_front.jpg

LONDON - 12th October 2012 - SEGA® Europe Ltd. and Pan Macmillan are excited to announce a new Search-and-Find print book for children featuring the popular videogames character Sonic the Hedgehog™. Where’s Sonic? A Search-and-Find Adventure will hit stores across the Europe on Friday 19th October 2012.

The book contains a number of vibrant environments inspired by levels from the hit Sonic the Hedgehog videogame series. Search for Sonic in the busy scenes of Green Hill, Chemical Plant, City Escape and more as he battles his way through one dangerous zone after another. And the fun doesn’t stop when you find him! There’s a checklist of things to spot in each scene, from Sonic’s friends to his most notorious enemies and host of recognisable iconography from the Sonic universe such as Wisps, Badniks and of course the infamous Gold Rings,

Sissel Henno, Head of Brand Licensing for Europe commented; “We’re very excited to team up with Macmillan for this ‘Where’s Sonic?’ book. This is our first publishing project for Sonic the Hedgehog in the UK and we’re looking forward to seeing the reception. Macmillan has a great level of experience in the category and also offers excellent distribution. We’re planning to offer more publishing products both in the UK and elsewhere going forward.”

Where’s Sonic? will be available to buy from retailers throughout Europe as well as from the official Sonic the Hedgehog merchandise store www.sonicmerchandise.com

A new search and find book has just been released. In the book, you have to find Waldo various Sonic characters and goodies. From the looks of it, it will be reusing Sonic Generations assets. I'm not so sure if any of you will get the book but I think it would be interesting if someone bought it.

Hits stores October 19th? That date seems familiar. Oh right, that's my birthday! I'll be looking into this most likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, will even little kids fall for the fact that it's just copy-and-pasted stock art? Where's Wally?'s still around, and even a Doctor Who version ("When's The Doctor?", wasn't it?), and this doesn't look like it will compare well to them. If they'd actually done original illustrations for it, it could be pretty amazing, but this looks like pure cash-in material. Although I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

You guys want me to drag my scans of some of it from the Latest Collection Additions topic or no? Because I think it'll only prove your doubts...right.

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 2

Alright, dragged the scans here. It be stuffs.

8ZWRq.jpg

PxvPp.jpg

hnD0b.jpg

L1a5M.jpg

DyOhO.jpg

Huh, for stock-art models, those seem kinda elaborately designed. Like a pause of a huge battle scene or something. Granted, everyone's in a generic pose, but still.

Think of it this way, your little 4-6 year old kid that's into these kinda books gets presented to the flashy blue and cool attitude dude hedgehog and becomes a staple in their childhood. This kid grows up to be us and sits on his ass in front of a computer all day on a Sonic forum, buying almost any game with his Sonic's face on it.

Basically Sega's gettin em young.

Tch, this one was superior.

*picture*

Had hand-drawn artwork and everything.

Naturally. This one is the epitome of cheap and lazy really. Stock art of characters and objects randomly C&P'd over stock background. It's horrible work.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gaw, that is really disappointing. I loved that SatAM inspired one as a kid (it at least used real zones, even if they were artistically stylised to the SatAM style) so would have picked this up if it wasn't just copy-paste en mass. Was sort of hoping it'd just be a pre-rendered cover with drawn art inside but, oh well.

The best thing about the old one was following Sonic's route through the scene like a little platformer you could play with your finger. 8D

• Thumbs Up 6

and me

Like he said, the kids would want it.

I kid.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2