Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed -- Portable Versions (3DS,PSVITA,iOS)

509 posts in this topic

Posted

After analysis of the conversations within the main thread, I thought that maybe it would be appropriate to create a separate 'subthread' to generate talk about portable versions of ASRT. In other words, title says all.

Posted

What is there to discuss?

No, seriously.

Posted

Unless I am mistaken, someone already asked if they could make a separate thread for the portable versions and then Carbo said no, so I will go with that. I am sure this can already be discussed in the other threads, so I will be locking this topic. ^^

Posted

The status I commented in wasn't something I'd necessarily apply mod action to and it was about a topic in the Computer Games topic which was already general enough.

Personally I wouldn't see what's wrong with keeping a topic dedicated to this particular version in a subforum for a specific game much like Generations considering why these exist, so unlocked.

Posted

The VITA edition is going to be extremely similar to the console versions, so I don't see the point in discussing the Vita one. The iOS version isn't even confirmed and we're only going off of Sumo being interested in one. This means it hasn't even started being worked on yet.

The 3DS one will be slightly different, or a lot. I'm sure the 3DS/iOS versions warrant a new discussion. There will probably be differences between those two and the main game. Off the bat, the 3DS will have certain modes removed and I'm sure more "casual" stuff will replace them. The content may also be different with levels being slightly modified or not every character being included. Online battling could also take place in this thread (ala friendcodes).

The 3DS right now we have little to no news. I'm hoping we get a screen by the end of the month.

Unidus, Cola and lbyrd2 like this

Posted

The VITA edition is going to be extremely similar to the console versions, so I don't see the point in discussing the Vita one. The iOS version isn't even confirmed and we're only going off of Sumo being interested in one. This means it hasn't even started being worked on yet.

The 3DS one will be slightly different, or a lot. I'm sure the 3DS/iOS versions warrant a new discussion. There will probably be differences between those two and the main game. Off the bat, the 3DS will have certain modes removed and I'm sure more "casual" stuff will replace them. The content may also be different with levels being slightly modified or not every character being included. Online battling could also take place in this thread (ala friendcodes).

The 3DS right now we have little to no news. I'm hoping we get a screen by the end of the month.

Posted

huh.... didn't know there was going to be a vita version. Any word of Cross Play?

Posted

N

huh.... didn't know there was going to be a vita version. Any word of Cross Play?

Posted

Anyway, S0L said there's gonna be exclusive features for every platform...for 3DS version is very clear, but what we're going to have for Vita?

Posted

Anyway, S0L said there's gonna be exclusive features for every platform...for 3DS version is very clear, but what we're going to have for Vita?

Hmmm.. well, if the Vita is supposedly going to be a carbon copy of the console versions, then I think that just may be its exclusive features. Plus, doesn't vita have gyroscopic motion controls?

Posted

Hmmm.. well, if the Vita is supposedly going to be a carbon copy of the console versions, then I think that just may be its exclusive features. Plus, doesn't vita have gyroscopic motion controls?

They could so the same motion controls for the 3DS version, so I wouldn't count that, seeing how MKDS had the option to control it via the motion controls as well.

Posted

Well, I think the PSVita might have cross play support with the PS3 edition.

Posted

^ No it won't. I asked S0L myself several months ago about this.

Autosaver likes this

Posted (edited)

Some footage of the 3DS version was shown in Nintendo Direct: http://www.nintendo....ive/10-25-2012/ (at 29:03)

EDIT: On Youtube

Edited by NastCF

Posted

Looking good, really good!

Posted (edited)

Surprisingly, it doesn't look half bad.smile.png (much better than Generations BTW)

Edited by ArtFenix

Posted

Uhm... I'm not sure on the way the 3DS version looks. Dragon Canyon is alright, but Ocean View is a quite dull. This is just going on the screencaps. I'll watch the video later.

Nix likes this

Posted

No one's mentioned Android yet? I'd love an Android version.

Posted (edited)

I can see what Blue Blood means. The screenshot looks a little fullbright-y. Like... there's just flat lighting illuminating the entire map.

Still it looked great in motion, glad to see after ASR DS was quite static compared to the console versions (still well-animated, just, yeah, compared to the console ones).

Edited by JezMM
Blue Blood and Nix like this

Posted

Well considering the fact that even good looking 3DS games tend to look like complete ass in the trailers I think this is looking pretty good. I hope the framerate will be good as well. I'm actually getting excited by this. :D

Posted

Looks way better than Mario Kart 7; that is all. :)

KrazyBean and Para like this

Posted

Well considering the fact that even good looking 3DS games tend to look like complete ass in the trailers I think this is looking pretty good. I hope the framerate will be good as well. I'm actually getting excited by this. biggrin.png

Okay, I've seen the video and stand by my original comments. It's bland visually, and not particularly nice at all. Jez described it well on the the previous page. But I'll still wait for proper screens and more footage first.

Posted

Most games in those nintendo direct looked pretty bad but from experience I know that's always the case when they are not displayed on the 3ds(on a bigger screen). With that in mind it looked nice to me, a very noticable thing however is that the water is static.

Posted

Well...I might actually get the 3DS version as well! I'll wait for the eShop demo though.