Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed -- Portable Versions (3DS,PSVITA,iOS)

Unidus

Screenshot are screenshot, but whats count is the gameplay at least for me is the control are simple in the Vita version so far?

Screenshot are screenshot, but whats count is the gameplay at least for me is the control are simple in the Vita version so far?

Well since I'm cruising through it so far, so yes the controls are alright. At first though I just to readjust my handling on the Vita several times.

And the gameplay is the same as the console versions. The vehicles move the same, the tracks are the same, the items are the same...basically everything's the same except the stickers/trophies.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unlikely that the 3DS couldn't take a downport, it outputs more detailed games than the Wii can (probably due to trickery). I'm thinking they're doing it from the ground up due to the 3D output, in order to ensure they can get the game looking good like they want, running properly with the 3D on. But yeah, seriously, the water ISN'T that pretty in the Vita or 3DS versions. Mario Sunshine had prettier water.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Vita is like a PS3 portable. It's capable of porting PS3 games. That's why Transformed Vita plays like the console version. The 3DS version isn't capable of porting the console version and that's why it has to be different.

The VITA is not a PS3 portable in terms of power. As said in my post, a lot of games look like a downgrade from their console brothers. Sure it may look a lot better than the Wii, but it still isn't up to the 3DS point.

The 3DS also plays like the console version. IIRC, Sumo said all versions will be identical except the 3DS having a lot less detail in areas.

Edit: Of course the Vita plays the same as the PS3. Nobody is doubting the gameplay. It is more of a graphical take that people are seeing.

Edited by Autosaver

And that is likely due to making the speed consistent even with the 3D on. Though, Mario Kart 7 looks pretty nice and runs in 60 FPS with 3D on. NINTENDO BLACK MAGIC.

• Thumbs Up 1

Random observation, but I was watching TV last night and an advert for Transformed came on (actual mainstream promotion for this game!!!).... and at the end where it listed what platforms it's coming out on, it only showed the Wii U/360/PS3 and Vita boxes. No 3DS box or 3DS logo whatsoever.

Looks like things don't bode well for the 3DS version at the moment.

The US commercials still mention the 3DS version.

The US commercial came out before retailers started changing their dates for the 3DS version to February 2013, so the lack of the 3DS logo in the UK ad only backs this up. I just wish SEGA would come out and say something.

I don't know if this is true, but if it is it's a bit of a very bad idea.

It turns out that in the Vita version of the game, there are staff ghosts... and they're exactly the same as the PS360 version. Yup thats right, the times which were done on the console version of the game, have just been put into the handheld version, they've not been done using a physical vita unit.

So basically, staff ghosts on the Vita version are likely to be even harder than they are on the console version.

I don't know if this is true, but if it is it's a bit of a very bad idea.

It turns out that in the Vita version of the game, there are staff ghosts... and they're exactly the same as the PS360 version. Yup thats right, the times which were done on the console version of the game, have just been put into the handheld version, they've not been done using a physical vita unit.

So basically, staff ghosts on the Vita version are likely to be even harder than they are on the console version.

I'm curious to what would make it harder? The controls are the same as the console and its a ps3 port to vita so apart from graphical detail the stages are the same. Only way it would be harder if you suck using vita, which you shouldn't if you've owned over 2 weeks.

So the PSVita isn't as powerfull as the PS3 and can be compared to the 3DS?

Tell me how Nintendo can do this with their portable thingy:

But then again, this is Sony making a Sony game for a Sony hardware, they know their weapons.

• Thumbs Up 2

The game looks great in motion. Minus a few framerate hiccups in some levels this is a really good port. My Vita is gonna get some long playtime with this game.

More screens

2012-12-06-183330.jpg

2012-12-06-183439.jpg

2012-12-06-183521.jpg

2012-12-06-183554.jpg

2012-12-06-183745.jpg

2012-12-06-183847.jpg

2012-12-06-183946.jpg

2012-12-06-184023.jpg

2012-12-06-184346.jpg

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

You may keep trying to defend the Vita all you want - but Sony themselves even came out and said it wasn't nearly as powerful as the PS3. In fact, they even said the PS3's power wasn't even at its full potential yet.

Seriously, just compare ASR Vita to PS3. It is pretty obvious that SUMO isn't just making it worse on purpose. They have to work around the hardware.

Tips to anyone who wants to see the screens: They actually ARE spoilers so be warned.

What is with the water effect in the port?

You may keep trying to defend the Vita all you want - but Sony themselves even came out and said it wasn't nearly as powerful as the PS3. In fact, they even said the PS3's power wasn't even at its full potential yet.

Seriously, just compare ASR Vita to PS3. It is pretty obvious that SUMO isn't just making it worse on purpose. They have to work around the hardware.

Tips to anyone who wants to see the screens: They actually ARE spoilers so be warned.

What is with the water effect in the port?

...says the person who doesn't own the Vita.

And speaking of visual trickery making games look 360 and PS3 quality. Resident Evil Revelations. And SERIOUSLY, if you think the Vita is as strong as the PS3 there is something wrong with you. It's just not possible with its size at this point in time. There is no special magic super ultra micro GPU and CPU.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 1

And speaking of visual trickery making games look 360 and PS3 quality. Resident Evil Revelations. And SERIOUSLY, if you think the Vita is as strong as the PS3 there is something wrong with you. It's just not possible with its size at this point in time. There is no special magic super ultra micro GPU and CPU.

Who here is saying Vita is powerful as the PS3?

35d6a1f.jpg

You've been calling it a mini PS3. How does that not imply exactly what that says? It's not even close to a mini PS3. Also, I'm quite sure autosaver made a mistake and meant the Vita wasn't at PS3 level, not 3DS level. Though, to be fair, the Vita really doesn't seem that much more powerful than the 3DS. It's not like a DS to PSP scenario.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys i believe it should be better to not just bring these kinda discussion between what Handlefield is better then others, I really find Vita version very good and console version are either good, if so 3DS will be great too.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

35d6a1f.jpg

You've been calling it a mini PS3. How does that not imply exactly what that says? It's not even close to a mini PS3. Also, I'm quite sure autosaver made a mistake and meant the Vita wasn't at PS3 level, not 3DS level.

Where did I say it's a mini PS3. I did say it's like a PS3 portable, but not once did I say the Vita is as powerful as the PS3.

Though, to be fair, the Vita really doesn't seem that much more powerful than the 3DS. It's not like a DS to PSP scenario.

Now, this is absolutely silly. The Vita can display up to 133 million polys per second, while the 3DS can do up to 15.3 million polys per second. The Vita is way more powerful than the 3DS. In fact, give me one game on the 3DS that can display high graphics like Uncharted. Or even close.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

As said before, this discussion is getting silly and will only further derail the thread. Let's talk about the iOS version..

wait a minute

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't like where handhelds are heading in terms of being close to console quality, because all we're going to get for the most part is supremely watered-down ports instead of original products.

What I have always liked about console ports on handhelds were that they were an entirely different game from the console version. It was a unique take on the same basic idea.

So future handheld discussions will be nothing but idiotic "my handheld has more power!" discussions rather than "my handheld has more original games!" which is a far better discussion to have.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik