Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

a1RPj.jpg

Welp Sonic returns with Sonic Jump for the iOS platform. Inb4 Android rage.

The game will cost $1.99, AUD$1.99, £1.49 and €1.59 and will be out in 3 days. I think the game looks pretty nice anyone gonna buy it ?

Also it seems the Red Rings are going to be sticking around guys because it's even in Sonic Jump.

Edited by Gat

Crap. I have an Android.

I actually was hoping that I'd finally be able to play Sonic Jump, too. :/

The graphics look pretty good from that screenshot. Assuming the gameplay is the same or improved from the original version, I can see it being fine for just two bucks.

Probably a good time waster. I'll get it.

That looks neat, I remember the reveal not too long ago. but I can't play if there's no Android either. Hopefully SEGA will release one if it's popular.

>loved sonic jump

>has a Symbian

>there will never be a Symbian port

*cry*

Looks cool, hopefully it's just as fun as the original

and not as annoying

I can't be the only one thinking the graphics look bad, right? Maybe it will look better in motion, but to me it looks too much like a mediocre flash game. At least the previous Sonic Jump games were fun, so this one shouldn't disappoint in that regard. can'tactuallyplayit

Oh hey, Crabmeat in his Classic form. Well, that's reason enough to buy this game.

Also, cel-shading is a pretty perfect fit for Sonic. It's not really ground-breaking or particularly impressive, but it certainly looks pretty.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's model looks okay in there.. most of it looks okay, in fact. I think it's the thick black outline in every single model that ruins it for me :S

I'll stop criticizing since I'm clearly the minority here tongue.png

Edited by Shaddix

Seeing Sonic actually look 2D in a 2D game again is pretty nice. Graphics aren't really impressive, but I like the style they're going for, and we'll see how the stuff animates.

Looks like I'm the only one who hates the way it looks. Even advance sprites would be much better than this. This just screams: no soul!

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though I have a snowball's chance in hell of playing this game, it looks pretty decent and fun. Never played the Jump titles but the music sounds pretty great, at least from the first version. Wonder if these will be remixed.

I just think it's poorly executed here. Mainly because it's a 2D game using pre-rendered 3D stock-looking art.

I have to say though, the island in the background is pretty gorgeous.

To be fair it's only a £1.49 game and it looks good for a game that costs that much :V

Looks like I'm the only one who hates the way it looks. Even advance sprites would be much better than this. This just screams: no soul!

What's soulless about cel-shading?

It's a cheap little download title for mobiles. I don't get the problem.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic's model looks okay in there.. most of it looks okay, in fact. I think it's the thick black outline in every single model that ruins it for me :S

I'll stop criticizing since I'm clearly the minority here tongue.png

I agree. It doesn't look cel-shaded, don't know why people are calling it that, it's clearly just some Generations assets with black outlines. The only thing that looks cel-shaded are the Crabmeats. It just looks like a cheap flash game.

The floating Green Hill in the background is nice, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree. It doesn't look cel-shaded, don't know why people are calling it that, it's clearly just some Generations assets with black outlines. The only thing that looks cel-shaded are the Crabmeats. It just looks like a cheap flash game.

I'll just quote Blue Blood here because he's spot on.

What's soulless about cel-shading?

It's a cheap little download title for mobiles. I don't get the problem.

AND IT IS CEL SHADED! *Points you down below*

Edited by Shaddix

Because it is cel-shading. What makes you think it isn't?

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't need a cell phone to play this game. An iPod touch will do just fine.

That would be fantastic if I actually had any Apple products to begin with.