Awoo.

Sonic Jump for iOS will be out on the 18th.

Shaddix Leto Croft

Wouldn't be surprised if it was just a set of sprites made using Sonic's modern model (Every game with model that's been used since unleashed)

Because it is cel-shading. What makes you think it isn't?

And where exactly is that toon shading on Sonic or the backdrop? Like I said, it's just Sonic Generations model with some black outlining, maybe it is toon shaded, but it doesn't look it to me. The foreground is just prerendered Generations' Green Hill with a black outline. A Sonic game that was actually cel-shaded like Sonic Shuffle would be nice. This looks more like Episode 1, but worse.

I'm honestly surprised that people think this looks good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got a new Android phone yesterday and think we need to petition Sega! seriously we are missing out on a super fun game with colorful visuals, excellent music, a story with Sonic battle style cut-scenes that Tails and Knuckles are in and is designed to be really rewarding for skilled players who want to post their high scores. I know this because I played the old non smartphone version to death on public transport, in class and sometimes in bed too, just couldn't get enough! This new version not just updates the visuals but also looks to be adding some new gimmicks too... so yeah I want! I WANT!!!!

Edited by LvL100Magikarp

And where exactly is that toon shading on Sonic or the backdrop? Like I said, it's just Sonic Generations model with some black outlining, maybe it is toon shaded, but it doesn't look it to me. The foreground is just prerendered Generations' Green Hill with a black outline. A Sonic game that was actually cel-shaded like Sonic Shuffle would be nice. This looks more like Episode 1, but worse.

So we aint allowed to have opinions on what we like ? okay.

The level art is most likely pre-rendered, but the models are cel-shaded. Look closer at Sonic's model and you'll clearly see the 'toon shading' on there.

And for the record, the character models in S4E1 were also cel-shaded.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like I won't be missing out on much. My brothers have i-devices and one/both of them will probably get this, so I'll give it a go when I see them.

Oh, neat. I enjoyed the first Sonic Jump, and was admittedly a little disappointed when I upgraded to an iPhone that there wasn't an iOS version. Nice to see it's getting a spiritual remake/ sequel, and so soon, to boot.

I'll definitely be picking this up.

Looks interesting. I saw some footage of the original version of the game, and it looked pretty fun. It even features a story with cutscenes and boss fights.

EDIT: My mistake. Apparently those remixes were just fan-made MIDIs being played over the video. Replaced the video with one that has the actual soundrack (I think).

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Those aren't 8-bit remixes. They're just MIDIs that the uploader is playing over the videos. There's some Mega Man songs on some of his Sonic Jump videos too. The game actually has original music.

Edited by XD375

Those aren't 8-bit remixes. They're just MIDIs that the uploader is playing over the videos. There's some Mega Man songs on some of his Sonic Jump videos too. The game actually has original music.

Ah okay, my bad. wacko.png Edited my post.

It was extremely odd because I thought of an idea of SEGA could have used to use their other characters more often. Since this game really isn't Sonic exclusive, could we see other character skins? Tails, Shadow, Blaze, Amy?

Can someone get footage of it day 1 for us non-smartphone users? (*Gasp* yes theres still people like us! were a rare species.)

Liked to see if theres any difference other then being full 3D.

Oh god, yeah, I forgot about the Jump soundtrack. Would be quite cool if the new version used updated remixes of the original tracks.

EDIT: It's out tomorrow, right? I would get footage, but, er, my phone is also my camera, so... mellow.png

Edited by -Mark-

I expect this just to use music from previous games, Generations and/or Sonic 4 really.

Can someone get footage of it day 1 for us non-smartphone users? (*Gasp* yes theres still people like us! were a rare species.)

Liked to see if theres any difference other then being full 3D.

Edited by Frogging101

MOAR ARTS

hdplayercutscenesonic.filehdplayercutscenesonic.file

hdplayercutscenesonic.png

hdplayercutscenetails.file

hdplayercutscenetails.png

hdplayercutsceneknuckles.file

hdplayercutsceneknuckle.png

hd-items_common.file

common.png

Edited by Woun
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Sonic's shitty friends are back.

...jokes aside, this is awesome that they're playable and I actually do love these cartoons/comics story pics.

• Thumbs Up 3