Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

There been many Disney based games over the years. Some were bad, some were okay and some were surprisingly good.

So there no surpise that there going to be yet another one, it's called Toy Box.

Nothing is really know about it other then Disney and Pixar characters will meet each other and it will be a console game with with a lot of mobile and online feature.

The concept of both Disney and Pixar characters meeting sounds interesting, and maybe going by it's name maybe it will be like Toy Box mode from Toy Story 3: The Video Game.

Guess we're going have to wait to find out.

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM

I just hope its not like Disney Universe, I mean the concept was fun but I played a bit and it wasnt that great IMO. Heres hoping for ACTUAL characters instead of avatars dressed as characters xD

Disney, did you forget about Kingdom Hearts? You know, the game series which features Disney Characters and Square Enix characters. So far, it sounds just like that, just with Pixar characters replacing the Enix characters.....

But, I'm pretty sure that's just me talking out of my ass.....

Toy Box mode from TS3 was fucking sweet. A fully fledged console game with Disney and Pixar characters would be awesome. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

Disney, did you forget about Kingdom Hearts? You know, the game series which features Disney Characters and Square Enix characters. So far, it sounds just like that, just with Pixar characters replacing the Enix characters.....

But, I'm pretty sure that's just me talking out of my ass.....

Granted we know nothing of this titles, losing the SE characters would only be a step in the right direction.

A disney/pixar crossover game has potential but we'll see. Depends on if they want it to be focused on fun gameplay or forcing an awful world merging storyline down our throats.

• 1 month later...

So we got info on this thing.

It's called Disney Infinity and it sounds like it will be like Toy Box mode from Toy Story 3 like I guessed, current platforms are Xbox 360, iPad and a Android phone.

According to developers in one video, Disney Infinity will be broken into two major elements: playsets and the rumpus room.

The virtual playsets are themed after well-known Disney creations like Cars, Buzz Lightyear, Woody's Round-Up, The Incredibles, Wreck-it-Ralph and even classics like Peter Pan and Aladdin. They will include settings, backdrops, toys and action figures. It's likely that if the game comes with pre-created missions or levels, that those would be delivered with playsets.

While early rumors about the game mentioned that Disney Infinity would, like Activision's Skylanders, use physical toys as a way to incorporate characters into the game, none of the material we saw or the people we spoke with were familiar with that.

We did see reference to playing cards with character cost and attributes on them, but it was unclear if they would be physical creations or virtual ones.

The game's other major element, the rumpus room, is a big blank slate where a gamer can create virtually anything they want with both these themed playsets and toys that aren't from any playset. The rumpus room is likened to a child's bedroom, a place where you can dump all of your favorite toys on the floor and play with them.

Sounds pretty cool, can't wait to hear more about it.

Edited by SANTA DOOM

• 4 weeks later...

You might wanna rename this topic to Disney Infinity.

Available in June on PS3, XBOX 360, Wii, WiiU and 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 7

on one Hand, this seems like it goes the Skylanders route of unlocking characters

on the Other Hand I saw Mr Incredible use Buzz Jetpack, and Perry the Platypus hanging out with Barbossa

I think I can very much ingore the Skylanders gimmick, just this one time

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes it's a rip off of Skylanders... but goodness me it's so much more interesting.

However, the thing is, Disney can more or less afford for this to bomb if it does. But... We now have two powerhouses of this genre. The very well established Skylanders which is going to be very hard to break since so many kids are heavilly invested in it. The second is Disney. These things will be sold in every disney store, every videogame store, every disney park, cruise line... you name it. Disney can get these things in stores and they will sell.

The problem is now, nobody else will ever be able to push into this genre. Well they can, but odds are it'll bomb heavilly, and I don't know many game studios that could afford to let that happen.

Anyway, a few extra screens.

nAbhL.jpg

Scrooges Money Bin!

toybox_announce_2_final.0_cinema_960.0.j

dumboandwoody_1.jpg

More at Kotaku

• Thumbs Up 1

If this wasn't figurine-based, I'd be more hyped than I am. The Skylanders approach is cool on paper, but in reality I don't want to keep supporting a single game with purchases of physical figurines. Aside from having to make space, I can see the money adding up ridiculously quick without any guarantee of continued interest in the game, so in that vain I'd much rather characters be released in cheaper DLC packs instead. 

Also, seeing Scrooge's vault gives a vague hope for the oft-forgotten Disney Afternoon folks to have a chance at shining somewhere down the line, because I can't be the only one who's ever wanted to fly Baloo's Seaduck plane in epic dogfights against Don Karnage, or become Darkwing Duck running around St. Canard with all of the gadgets at his disposal. I've been waiting for some Disney Afternoon video game excellence forever; goddamned Perry being there rubs salt in that particular wound. <<

Overall, everything about it looks awesome and ripe with potential so far, especially if it can manage to ape a little bit of the depth of Minecraft with its sandbox mode. Just yanno... fuckin' figurines. :X
  • Thumbs Up 4

I suppose it's only natural someone else would capitalize on the success of Skylanders eventually. Can't complain since it combines Wreck-It Ralph with Toy Story, though. Looking forward to this one, at least for now. Never know how things are going to go but, I'm optimistic because of the actual "toy box" feel of it all.

Footage of the Monster University world.

And the closing video from the press conference where this was revealed. 

The game looks pretty neat, glad it's not just movies so stuff from Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Gravity Falls etc, could possibly show up.

Hannah Montana, That's So Raven and High School Musical tongue.png

Looks very cool. I'll be keeping my eyes on this, but I don't particularly care for the genre making me spend large amounts just to play as extra characters. The concept is worse than DLC because of these things. It'd be different if it was collecting something I wanted, but as it stands... I'll have to give this some serious thought. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hannah Montana, That's So Raven and High School Musical tongue.png

Darth-Vader-Disneyland.jpg

Give me one reason why this can't happen?

• Thumbs Up 7

The trailer's awesome, such a shame about the skylanders really.

I'm really against skylander's obscene money grabbing style. You can say it's smart marketing it to kids like they have I just think it's kinda sleazy.

I can't see myself buying this unless the figures are dirt cheap.

Keep in mind those figurines still act like toys. It isn't like the toys are just going to be used to unlock a new character.

This in my opinion, helps actually consider purchasing the toys. DLC in the physical form.

This is going to be a huge money maker for Disney.

Keep in mind those figurines still act like toys. It isn't like the toys are just going to be used to unlock a new character.

This in my opinion, helps actually consider purchasing the toys. DLC in the physical form.

But the thing is, I don't want the toys. I just want the DLC on its own, which would be markedly cheaper. The toys are expensive and don't really look very nice. So... No.

They're not action figures though, they're basically little statues you could technically display them I suppose but why would you want to?

• 2 weeks later...

They're not action figures though, they're basically little statues you could technically display them I suppose but why would you want to?

Um. People buy statues of figures all the time just to display. Why? Because people want to.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194852

Licensed games may stop after Disney Infinity?

"In the past, we used to do a game based on Tangled, and a game

based on Tron, and a game based on Epic Mickey, and every single time

whether it was an internal developer or external developer, we were

starting from scratch. That team, starting with the film-makers and

establishing the relationship, that always takes a very long time,

right? Creating brand new character art, brand new animations, brand new

game mechanics, they're building a game from scratch. Our idea was,

what if we created a platform that all the content could live in? From a

development perspective, we can leverage all of the existing work that

we've done, so that there may be another character similar to Mr.

Incredible in terms of having super strength." - executive producer John Vignocchi

The only weird statement is that he mentioned Epic Mickey. Are they saying why make Mickey games when they could just put Mickey as a character? Is this the end of the Epic Mickey series? It probably would save them money after the disappointing sales and reception of Epic Mickey 2.

OR - and I know this might be a strange concept - Disney could just hire some better developers? They've got a media empire backing them, a merchandising one behind that and their own fucking theme park, so it's not like they don't have the money to spare.

I guess it's kinda neat that we might not be seeing shovelware anymore but this is kind of a crap tradeoff if you ask me.

I think each division runs separately from the other, which each having their own budget.

But yeah. They can make good games if they wanted to. I don't get why crappy dev teams just work on a project for 3 months to get it out for movie release. Why not give it a to a good dev team and give them project details long before the movie release?

Um. People buy statues of figures all the time just to display. Why? Because people want to.

I know that but....I dunno....there's a difference between buying a lovely statue intended for display than a cheap bit of plastic that is little more than an  accessory. dunno maybe it's just me.

Also these toys are meant for kids, i had little to no interest in stuff like that when I was in the age these games are for, because I couldn't play with them.

• Thumbs Up 1