Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

OK, maybe not double, but you get what I'm saying.

The character roster is a lot larger. It's enough to last two years.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, maybe not double, but you get what I'm saying.

The character roster is a lot larger. It's enough to last two years.

I suppose I could see that. Maybe they are waiting a while to release more characters and will add characters like Alice and Mad Hatter in time for Through the Looking Glass, characters going to appear in Civil War, and they have confirmed already there's going to be a playset for The Force Awakens. That's also why they were able to have this Disney poll so close to the release; they can look at that poll to pick out new characters to release later.

I finally got Disney Infinity 3.0 and I am loving it. It feels so much better on the Wii U. I might give a more in-depth review soon as I collect more figures and dig deeper into the new mechanics. I have two problems with it, though.

I can control the game just fine, but my sister uses the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. The controls are awful on those controllers in this game when it was totally fine in the past games. Oh well, nothing that getting a Wii U Pro Controller wouldn't fix.

Lastly, I can't do a Mid-Air Recovery when being thrown or dropkicked anymore. This could lead to trollish moments when playing multiplayer where you could be thrown off the edge of the world, and you can't recover to prevent falling into the abyss of nothing below. You can still do a Mid-Air Recovery, but not when being thrown by another player. I hope future updates will add mid-air recovery after being thrown, because this'll get rather annoying. This problem is non-existant if you play alone, though.

Edited by Failinhearts

I would say they could also decide to alternate winter and spring releases to help avoid fatigue and give the games longer life-cycles(a year and a half)

Also, finally managed to pick up Sam Flynn yesterday! though sadly at a buck above retail price(wish I could have gone to TRU for their half off deal, but they, target and best buy are all a town and a half hour or so over; my Walmart's only non-playset figure was Olaf, had a ton of Kanans, but I'm waiting for the F/X version) Decided to give in and buy one last thing for now, that being the Wreck-It-Ralph two pack they had for $21. realized that now is when the new will start getting rare, and that I really Wanted Ralph and Vanelope for the Speedway expansion next month(and a hilarious lightsaber duel). It will probably be a month or two until I get any more, want to set aside the money for Star Fox Zero first. I would say there 3 2.0 figures I really want, and I'm putting on my try to get a deal on list, and they are all for the Marvel 3.0 playset, that being Iron Fist(personal fave), Venom, and Green Goblin, latter two because I want villians and I imagine they will get hilarious dialogue

Found some interesting factoids for you guys, first off looks like we're finally finding out what Marvel Battlegrounds is at NYCC and likely most if not all 3.0 Marvel characters by extension(too bad we will likely never get Doctor Doom :( )

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/09/03/disney-infinity-will-be-detailing-the-marvel-battlegrounds-play-set-at-nycc/

Disney Infinity Will Be Detailing The ‘Marvel Battlegrounds’ Play Set At NYCC

Disney Infinity Will Be Detailing The ‘Marvel Battlegrounds’ Play Set At NYCC

Jason September 3, 2015 Figures, News, Play Sets

MarvelBattleGroudnsLogo

NYCC unveiled more of the panels that will be hosted at this year’s New York Comic Con (NYCC), including one hosted by Disney Infinity.

We will finally get some more details about the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set at the Disney Infinity presentation on Saturday.

Guess this is as a good time as ever to officially say… I’ll be at NYCC, so be sure to stay tuned for news!

As of now, we know that every Marvel figure will be compatible, and that it is the first play set that has 4 player local co-op support.

Here is the description of the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition: Facing off in Marvel’s Battlegrounds panel that will be on Sat. October 10 from 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM in Empire Stage 1-E:

Thanks to my friends at Stitch Kingdom and DisKingdom for the heads up!

Next up, the upcoming movie tie-in figures , a better look

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/08/19/first-look-clear-shots-of-spot-nick-and-judy-figures-for-disney-infinity-3-0/

First Look: Clear Shots Of Spot, Nick, and Judy Figures For Disney Infinity 3.0

Jason August 19, 2015 Featured, Figures, News, Trending

SpotJudyNickDisneyInfinity30

Finally we have some clear shots at the three new Disney Infinity figures announced at the D23 Expo presentation on Sunday.

From left to right we have…

• Judy Hopps from Disney’s Zootopia
  • Nick Wild from Disney’s Zootopia
  • Spot from Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur

Spot is set for release on November 6th in the UK, which is the same date as ‘wave 3’ in that region. So in the U.S., I would expect November 11 to match the US release of wave 3, but JV said around the 15th, which I think he is just mistaken, but who knows.

In addition we also have our first look at the UK box art for Spot.

Unfortunately no dates or box pictures for Judy or Nick.

Don’t forget I got a hands on look at the ‘Spot’ figure as well!

EDITORIAL NOTE: I just made the images all have the same ‘height’ so actual size ratio is a bit off.

Last off, looks like the Kim Possible related instagram was a planning meeting which means we are in fact getting Kim Possible(but possible not until next year if I had to guess)

http://infinityinquirer.com/2015/09/02/jv-john-blackburn-met-with-christy-carlson-romano-the-voice-of-kim-possible/

JV & John Blackburn Met With Christy Carlson Romano, The Voice Of Kim Possible

JV & John Blackburn Met With Christy Carlson Romano, The Voice Of Kim Possible

Jason September 2, 2015 Figures, News

KimPossibleDisneyInfinity

“We met up with @officialchristycarlsonromano last night to discuss the POSSIBILities! You guys made this happen”.

If that doesn’t sound like a hardsell for Kim Possible, I don’t know what does.

Christy Carlson Romano is the voice actress behind Kim Possible, and after a lot of Disney Infinity fans pushing… looks like we may get her into the roster of Disney Infinity soon enough.

We know Peter Pan is coming next year, 99.9% sure figure(s) from Finding Dory are coming (the big hints back at Toy Box Summit 2014), Darkwing Duck has to be making an appearance, and now Kim Possible?

The ‘next iteration’ of Disney Infinity is shaping up to be incredible, and we’re still not even all sure who is coming in 3.0!

If Darkwing Duck would be confirmed, then Jim Cummings will voice him. Maybe if they made Pete for 4.0 alongside Goofy, or at least for 5.0, then Jim Cummings will voice Pete. But Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too? I admit, the idea does seem a bit far fetched, but it's possible. Don't know how Pooh would fight, though, but Tigger would bounce on his enemies.

You know what would be really nice? If Baymax and Hiro were playable in the Marvel battlegrounds playset, now hear me out, yes I know they are classed as Disney originals, yet they are still versions of Marvel characters, and there is no reason they wouldn't fit right in. It would add more utility to them and an even bigger roster to the marvel playset, but yeah that's my thought

(the other crossover I'd love to see is Sam Flynn and Quorra in Battlegrounds, since inter-dimensional travel/it being a video game in their world/etc is a totally easy in character excuse. I mean, make them locked behind crossover coins sure, but they'd fit right in)

Marvel is very stingy in terms of having to interact with Disney (including Hiro and Baymax despite of their past) characters outside of the Toy Box.

Advertising has them completely seperate from the Disney ones. Star Wars and Disney characters are shown having small bits of interaction in trailers but Marvel? NOPE. All promotional material has Marvel interacting with Marvel. Heck, Marvel wouldn't go inside the introductions of 2.0 AND 3.0.

Marvel is very stingy in terms of having to interact with Disney (including Hiro and Baymax despite of their past) characters outside of the Toy Box.

Advertising has them completely seperate from the Disney ones. Star Wars and Disney characters are shown having small bits of interaction in trailers but Marvel? NOPE. All promotional material has Marvel interacting with Marvel. Heck, Marvel wouldn't go inside the introductions of 2.0 AND 3.0.

Actually that, that's an interesting thought, who's choice is it? if it was Ike Pearlmutter making these poor decisions much like he did with toys he may no longer have power over that and it could change. But if it's the development team, well that's just a pour decision since Marvel and comics and general truly thrive in crossovers and would be a perfect place to have more Disney characters who fit the requirements(world hoppers like the Tron characters, Super heroes like the Incredibles or Baymax and Hiro, and heck, Kim Possible is essentially a superhero adventurer and has done a decent chunk of time and reality hopping as well), it's truly a missed opportunity, even if it was locked behind say crossover disks, but then including special side missions would create something truly special

I would say I have 3 marvel wildcards for this iteration, begin Whirlwind(iconic Ant-man/avengers villain who also has both the personality and attack style that's perfect for DI), Quake and Coulson(movie/tv/comic characters that are both currently relevant and have a decent chunk of personality, and fun skills, though mostly for cross promotional purposes, essentially they would be the Nick Fury/Falcon of this wave, not undeserving, but partially in because of their relevance)

Also, if I ever went for a Mickey figure I think I'd go for Sorcerer over standard

Edited by Mando

I have both. Plus, I have Olaf, and Kanan Jarrus. And a day later, after coming home from college, I got my Power Disc Set. The Skies of Felucia plays "Padme's Destiny," where we hear Darth Vader's most anguishing line:

Also, I summoned Mace Windu, as Nick Fury! Think about it.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

I find that decision from Marvel rather odd...I mean since not only we have Big Hero 6 which is basically Marvel(like it was said above) but we had cross-overs like the Phineas and Ferb ones...

Oh well maybe things will change in the future. 

OK, so I've been thinking, and I've got two things to discuss right now:

First one is one that Syndrome points out in Toybox Takeover, every other Disney animated 'villain' character other than him is not a villain due to the versions chosen(some which amount to bad luck and timing), I mean it's MU Randall who is an angsty college student, not the villain of MI, Maleficent is the live-action movie's anti-hero version instead of the iconic version. That's something that I hope gets rectified, as there are a number of good options that are somewhat possible(I would think that Kim Possible rates a second character, and either Dr Draken or Shego would be perfect awesome options(though I would prefer the former, for the possible toybox playset interactions between him and Syndrome would be priceless)), since popular modern cartoons have the possibility of getting a character, I would say Lord Hater would be siiiicccckkkkk(and he's awesome! that and the possibility of getting his ship would be sick)

Second, I kinda hope that the Marvel battlegrounds playset has multiple stories, perhaps split into the various factions/previous playsets, such as Avengers/Spidey/GOTG/Villains. Because an actual Villain story/perspective is always a blast. The other thing is that I hope we get a couple of cartoon/comics primary characters because it'd allow for greater villain diversity especially(for example 2.0 we got Iron Fist and Nova as cartoon/comic primary characters, Venom and Green Goblin are both extremely popular and have both had movie appearances). I would say if precedent is set we'll get 2-4 non-movie marvel characters.

I got a specific character I support, that I plan to try and do something for awareness, and hope to have the base done by this weekend, but I will say no more other than he has not had a movie appearance, and that he spins a lot

We'll see what happens.

The fact that Marvel Battlegrounds is the first Playset to support 4 players, makes me believe that the Playset won't be as story driven. Me (and several other fans) think that Marvel Battlegrounds will be more of a "Fighting Game." As you can see from the Hulkbuster and Ultron trailers, they have lots of combos, air juggles and force-like pulls. It looks like it will be very combat oriented and there's already a story-driven playset focused on combat: Twilight Of The Republic.

Disney's trying to make each Playset/Expanison unique in premise and execution. Especially after how repetitive last year's playsets were. Twilight Of The Republic is a story-based combat adventure, Rise Against The Empire is more mission based with space battles, Inside Out is a platformer, Takeover is a Dungeon Crawler and Speedway is a racing game. A fighting game looks like a logical next step for making a different playing expansion. I mean, you have all these combat upgrades, multiplayer with up to four people AND the name "BATTLEGROUNDS?"

Sounds very fighting game-esque to me.

We'll see what happens.

The fact that Marvel Battlegrounds is the first Playset to support 4 players, makes me believe that the Playset won't be as story driven. Me (and several other fans) think that Marvel Battlegrounds will be more of a "Fighting Game." As you can see from the Hulkbuster and Ultron trailers, they have lots of combos, air juggles and force-like pulls. It looks like it will be very combat oriented and there's already a story-driven playset focused on combat: Twilight Of The Republic.

Disney's trying to make each Playset/Expanison unique in premise and execution. Especially after how repetitive last year's playsets were. Twilight Of The Republic is a story-based combat adventure, Rise Against The Empire is more mission based with space battles, Inside Out is a platformer, Takeover is a Dungeon Crawler and Speedway is a racing game. A fighting game looks like a logical next step for making a different playing expansion. I mean, you have all these combat upgrades, multiplayer with up to four people AND the name "BATTLEGROUNDS?"

Sounds very fighting game-esque to me.

95% of fighting games still have stories, not necessarily deep, but stories nonetheless. The best fighting games design stories to allow for further interaction and discussion between characters to allow for greater depth and interest

Yes, but do not expect multiple stories. Nor don't expect it to be too character-driven. Marvel Battlegrounds is the Playset with the biggest cast of characters to choose from, and making a story that focuses on so many playable characters will take a lot of time and effort. Especially because the typical player will be switching between characters on the fly. Skylanders has the same issue due to their large pool, so the games don't focus on them as characters since they will be switched out at any moment. I mean, all NPCs (except on some occasions) refer to each Skylander as "Skylander" and not by their individual name. And that's a full game, mind you. Marvel Battlegrounds is just a portion of a game, don't expect it to be too in-depth.

If this was NOT officially sanctioned by Nintendo (well, Nintendo allowing them to produce this), I can't see this going well. Its an obvious ripoff of Splatoon, even the currently only level provided is identical in layout to one of Splatoon's maps.

Also glad that it looks like it's up to 8 new marvel characters in DI 3.0, I mean, Hulkbuster and Ultron are ok-ish, and since Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are essentially happening too, that leaves us with 3 more slots, and there's a good chance those may be taken by the wider variety of cartoon choices, and perhaps Wasp is likely I'd think and another Villain. War Machine might have a chance, even if I don't want yet another iron man suit. Like I said really hoping for a comic/cartoon primary super-minion level villain, we don't have any fun wacky marvel villains to play as yet and it stinks. Whirlwind(my fav), Mysterio, Shocker, heck even Kraven would be really fun wacky alternatives to what we currently have

I mean Loki, Ronan, Ultron, and Green Goblin are all takeover/destroy the world level villains, we don't have any fun action junkie villains

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this threads been quiet, I've finally finished the mesh and texture, so finally to put it in here, I need your help to spread the word fellow DI fans, Whirlwind for Disney Infinity!

CQWaHEwUsAAfoWg.png

We need more villains, and lower scale ones at that, we only have destroy the world level villains, we need a playable super minion who is just interested in making a living and fighting heroes! Not mention one of Ant-mans first and unco-opted villians, who is also a common avengers villain

• Thumbs Up 1

That model is great! Best of luck trying to get him in!

In other news, I got Darth Vader! He's a ton of fun to play as! He's also faster than I expected, which is good. Lucasfilm denied giving Vader a run animation, but at least his walk is fast enough to compensate.

Earlier, this week, I got Vader, leveled him up to 8, and yesterday, I bought a Dr. Mario at Target, and Luck smiled upon me, as I got Rise Against the Empire with Luke and Leia, and Han and Chewie! Went to GameStop to get the Power Disc Pack for it, though.

Also, I failed to win the King Mickey Power DIsc. I should just pre-order Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue AND Kingdom Hearts III, just to hope for getting a King Mickey Power Disc OR a Figure, because I am NOT gonna pay $200 for a Power Disc, but I'd be comfortable with paying $30 to $60 for a Power Disc/Character Figure! Maybe I should just buy the King Mickey that's NOT in an Organization Coat in the form of a Play Arts figure. and yes, I understand that Play Arts are NOT Disney Infinity Figures OR Amiibos!

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking of getting Rise against the empire(want the disc pack, but I can wait, it'll be common), especially since it's at $25 on Amazon, probably lowest it'll be until around this time next year. Star Wars characters I currently have are Zeb, Sabine, Anakin, And Ashoka. Resisting overall for now(my funds are tight, got full games that I would prefer, and considering loaning my DI set to my cousin for a month or two due to work stuff). Plan to get Vader, Kanan, and Ezra eventually, but waiting for light up versions.

Also gave into 6 2.0 blind disk packs, did decently overall, got White Tiger, Nick Fury missile strike, Iron Patriot, Infinity Gauntlet!, something related to gamora, Starlord skybox I think, Spidey Buggy, the Cape of Levitation(X2), Doctor Strange(X3), so 3/4 unique wasn't that horrible at $2 a pack

So yeah, should I bite?

I'm thinking of getting Rise against the empire(want the disc pack, but I can wait, it'll be common), especially since it's at $25 on Amazon, probably lowest it'll be until around this time next year. Star Wars characters I currently have are Zeb, Sabine, Anakin, And Ashoka. Resisting overall for now(my funds are tight, got full games that I would prefer, and considering loaning my DI set to my cousin for a month or two due to work stuff). Plan to get Vader, Kanan, and Ezra eventually, but waiting for light up versions.

Also gave into 6 2.0 blind disk packs, did decently overall, got White Tiger, Nick Fury missile strike, Iron Patriot, Infinity Gauntlet!, something related to gamora, Starlord skybox I think, Spidey Buggy, the Cape of Levitation(X2), Doctor Strange(X3), so 3/4 unique wasn't that horrible at $2 a pack

So yeah, should I bite?

I heard the RATE Playset is the weakest of the three current Playsets. Not saying it's bad, but people say Inside Out and Twilight Of The Republic was better. I don't have it myself, though. You do get cool Toy Box items from it, though! Luke has cool Lightsaber and blaster attacks, but since you're planning on getting Ezra, you don't need to. Ezra has a Lightsaber which doubles as a blaster. Leia is useful because she can sense Mynocks, which is very helpful when 100% completing Playsets. (However, you may need Luke to three-star certain Playset missions as well. In order to three-star them, you may be requested to play as a specific character.)

Are you in it for the characters or the Playset? The 25 dollar price tag is about as much as getting Luke and Leia seperately, so you essentially get a free Playset. You can get Luke seperately when the Light FX figure comes out, but the RATE playset is the only way to get Leia.

I don't mind not getting the light F/X Luke, and even if it's weak, RATE still has sick toybox items(Star Destroyer)... hmmm I don't know, I do want both characters, and don't mind not having the F/X version, it's just on Vader, and Kanan I don't mind waiting, whereas it'll cost me more to get Luke seperately, and I do want Leia...

I don't mind not getting the light F/X Luke, and even if it's weak, RATE still has sick toybox items(Star Destroyer)... hmmm I don't know, I do want both characters, and don't mind not having the F/X version, it's just on Vader, and Kanan I don't mind waiting, whereas it'll cost me more to get Luke seperately, and I do want Leia...

Well, it's all in your hands, buddy.

I think getting the Playset is well worth it, since it's rather cheap now and you get lots of good that outweighs the bad.