Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Okay, yeah. I guess I should have considered everything regarding heroes and Xenoverse. Derpy derp derp derrrrr

Yeah, this is totally an appropriate and not at all rude response to someone disagreeing with you. Keep it up, bro. I admit I had some misinformation in my own post (corrected below), and I'm beginning to think that was likely from a bad translation that made the rounds at some point.

I will amend my previous statement, because evidently, the GT Perfect Files and the Daizenshuu both state Pan can become a Super Saiyan, so Toei didn't actually say that (I seem to recall reading somewhere they did). According to Toriyama, the only reason neither she nor Bra transformed was because they didn't have an incentive too, though I sorta call bullshit with Pan just because of the various situations she was in where she and her family and friends were threatened. But GT is horribly inconsistent when it comes to this sort of thing.

DB Wiki isn't a great resource, but at least they cite the Japanese data books from time to time.

Yeah, this is totally an appropriate and not at all rude response to someone disagreeing with you. Keep it up, bro.

The hell's that supposed to mean? You corrected me and I felt dumb for not realizing it. I don't want SSJ to be male-exclusive, I just thought it was true before. Now, you've said something that makes more sense and has support. I don't see what your issue is.

The hell's that supposed to mean? You corrected me and I felt dumb for not realizing it. I don't want SSJ to be male-exclusive, I just thought it was true before. Now, you've said something that makes more sense and has support. I don't see what your issue is.

Sorry, the "Derpy derp derr" just made it sound like a sarcastic remark because I cited a video game. It's difficult for me to read that kind of thing as anything else. My bad.

Anyone else really enjoyed the Father-son bonding between Goku & Goten? It just made me feel really warm inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a little behind here. What exactly does this mean for Battle of Gods/Resurrection F, again? Just to clarify. Did they happen in an alternate universe, or do they not count now, or are they simply being covered again in the same way?

Think of it this way, its like EVA 1.11 2.22 and 3.33 the movies are condensed versions of the seasons.

BoG - Super Season 1 condensed

RoF - Super Season 2 condensed

Unlike the EVA movies though we got to see the movies first then the series.

Think of it this way, its like EVA 1.11 2.22 and 3.33 the movies are condensed versions of the seasons.

BoG - Super Season 1 condensed

RoF - Super Season 2 condensed

Unlike the EVA movies though we got to see the movies first then the series.

But if that's the case, is there much point to watching the series? Or, rather, should I hold off on watching RoF?

the series will expand and have more information and character moments and likely story differences than the movies, so there is an obvious point to them; as for RoF, its arc will likely not be very soon, and it's apparently a nice enough film on its own.

But if that's the case, is there much point to watching the series? Or, rather, should I hold off on watching RoF?

Yes, things will be more expanded on and more characters will be in the series that were not in the 2 movies. the movies are just their if you don't want to sit through 2 seasons of episodes.

It's the most liked of the Butoden series before they brought it back, I think. I don't see it as much more than a distraction, though. I might actually consider preordering this, if I had accessible money...

• 2 weeks later...

CKPLKgJUYAA3KMz.jpg

Aww this is nice.

Really enjoying DBS so far, looks like the BOG arc is finally about to pick off.

• Thumbs Up 5

I want to know, how old is Gohan in this arc? I believe during Buu saga he's around his 18, since is clear that he was a freshman in the first episodes. Btw, did he ever finished college?

Super begins/takes place 6 months after the Majin Buu Saga, so he's only six months older. It's why Trunks and Goten haven't grown up much and why Chichi and Bulma still aren't older looking either. I think Bulma is turning 47 (she was obviously exaggerating how young she was in Battle of Gods when she said 37, as that would make her younger than Goku, which is impossible), since her birthday takes place during Super's first arc.

In the lead-up to Super, I decided to watch DBZ over again, and I finished that a while back ago, so I've also been watching Dragon Ball again. I've been considering watching GT again after that, even though it's not canon (I don't hate it with a passion like some people seem to).

Of course, I've watched the first three episodes of Super, and so far I like the emphasis on character development, as it takes advantage of the fact that they're retelling Battle of Gods and Revival of F- it allows them to expand on ideas and do things that they wanted to do but didn't have time to do for a movie, because the pacing had to be more streamlined with that time limit (of the movie's length) they had. A full series gives them a bit more leeway.

I know some people are gonna complain that it's "filler" or whatever, but as long as it doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of episodes, so far I'm enjoying the expansion of the ideas that were in the recent movies. We get to see more of Beerus' and Whis' personalities and mannerisms, for one thing.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 3

I want to know, how old is Gohan in this arc? I believe during Buu saga he's around his 18, since is clear that he was a freshman in the first episodes. Btw, did he ever finished college?

Super takes place 6 months after the Majin Boo arc, and Gohan was 17, almost 18, during it, so he's still 18. 

Holy crap, so he maried Videl at 18 years old? And if Super will soon connect to BoG, it means that Gohan... And Videl... Did.. Oh Gohan, you son of a gun. You've made a huge mistake, tho.

Is anybody going to see the movie in August? I know that I am and hope it be good as Battle of Gods was. The movie here costs $8.75 total. I am glad Frieza shows up there once again. He was funny character in the show. Even funnier in the DBZ Abridged version!

Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor is really bad. Like, the character is yelling at Goku, yet the actor sounds like he's having a pleasant conversation over tea.

Super takes place 6 months after the Majin Boo arc, and Gohan was 17, almost 18, during it, so he's still 18. 

Gohan is 16 in the Buu arc.

Holy crap, so he maried Videl at 18 years old? And if Super will soon connect to BoG, it means that Gohan... And Videl... Did.. Oh Gohan, you son of a gun. You've made a huge mistake, tho.

Videl is rich. Gohan needed to lock her down somehow.

Gohan is 16 in the Buu arc.

No he's not, that is misconception. Gohan was born sometime in May in age 757. The 25th Tenkaichi Budokai takes place May 7th, age 774. 774 -757 = 17. Minded, this is early May, so Gohan may not have turned 17 yet, but if we take into consideration the year he spent in the Room of Spirit and Time, he's at least 17 years old.

Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor is really bad. Like, the character is yelling at Goku, yet the actor sounds like he's having a pleasant conversation over tea.

Joji Yanami is really old, and was supposed have retired well before Super. He sounds much better in Z.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyajins

After watching Kai's Saiyan and Cell saga over and over again , I did get used to Kaioshin screaming at Goku, but I find Kaio's japanese voice equally hilarious in a way.

It's like he's a grumpy ol' man. And seeing his reactions in that voice is kinda funny. The scene where he tells Goku the Supreme Kai wets himself in Beerus presence is a great example. I agree though he does sound like he's having a pleasant conversation over tea XD

Also, I'm really curious as to where this is headed, I thought they would go to before Battle of Gods, then skip to after Resurrection of F. But so far it seems they're re-creating the whole thing. At this rate, 100 episodes will be Battle of Gods + Resurrection of F with some filler. Okay maybe that's an exaggeration, but I seriously hope there's enough new content. I'm okay with focusing on Beerus and the other gods of destruction though.

Edited by dabbido

No he's not, that is misconception. Gohan was born sometime in May in age 757. The 25th Tenkaichi Budokai takes place May 7th, age 774. 774 -757 = 17. Minded, this is early May, so Gohan may not have turned 17 yet, but if we take into consideration the year he spent in the Room of Spirit and Time, he's at least 17 years old.

Joji Yanami is really, and was supposed have retired well before Super. He sounds much better in Z.

It's directly stated in the manga that he's 16. The year in the chamber isn't counted.

It's directly stated in the manga that he's 16. The year in the chamber isn't counted.

And? The year in the ROSAT happened, so he's 17. 

His age is directly stated. That is what is canon. That is all that is important.

The year in there is probably not counted since it's not natural aging or because toriyama forgot.

His age is directly stated. That is what is canon. That is all that is important.

The year in there is probably not counted since it's not natural aging or because toriyama forgot.

And it would be that, if the Room and Spirit of Time wasn't a factor, but it is, so he's 17. It doesn't matter whether it was natural or not, he's physically 17. That being said, did you get that from the Viz translation? The Viz and original Japanese do differ in a number of areas.