Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

So i'm not sure if anyones realized this yet but the demo for extreme butoden is on the eshop (try sorting by latest on the demo section if you don't see it right away).

Resurrection 'F' home video release coming October 20th for the US. (UK is October 26th) (Kanzenshuu)

Looks like FUNi's milking things with a collector's edition. Mostly it's just some fancy packaging and extra little goodies. I'll probably just be picking up the Blue-Ray/DVD combo, myself. No Amazon listing, yet, but it'll likely follow shortly like Battle of Gods.

Edited by Zaysho

Going for the Blu-ray combo as well. The SSGSS Goku/Vegeta disc art on the Collector's Edition looks nice, but I don't think fancy packaging and a few included postcards warrants almost double the price.

Hey, maybe Dragon Ball Super may improve upon that issue.

For all we know, Pan may become Super Saiyan at one point or another.

Here, we're just talking about Dragon Ball Super, the long-awaited successor to the popular Drgaon Ball Z series. Opinions, rants, arguments, discussions, or anything of the sorts are allowed here, just as long as you're stating your opinion. So, what do you guys think of this show?

It's so so for me. I adore episode 2 and 6, but the pacing of the show is pretty terrible. Not as bad as Z's, obviously, but it's still agonizing. Episode 7 highlights this pretty well. I went in to it expecting Vegeta get pissed off and whale on Beerus for a bit, but no, they actually decided to devote an entire episode to the Z-gang getting beaten up when the title of the god damn episode was How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta's Furious Mutation?! Yeah, Vegeta went through this "mutation" at the end of the episode, but you know, with a title like that, I expect Vegeta to actually do something this episode. Also, can I just say, Beerus has just turned into a total douche in this series. He's completely sadistic now. I get that this may be a set up for potential character development, but Beerus just isn't as fun as he was in Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. Negatives aside, somehow without mentioning episode 5(shit!), Toriyama's comedy has certainly remained in tact, which appreciate. It's one the major things missing from GT.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's so so for me. I adore episode 2 and 6, but the pacing of the show is pretty terrible. Not as bad as Z's, obviously, but it's still agonizing. Episode 7 highlights this pretty well. I went in to it expecting Vegeta get pissed off and whale on Beerus for a bit, but no, they actually decided to devote an entire episode to the Z-gang getting beaten up when the title of the god damn episode was How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta's Furious Mutation?! Yeah, Vegeta went through this "mutation" at the end of the episode, but you know, with a title like that, I expect Vegeta to actually do something this episode. Also, can I just say, Beerus has just turned into a total douche in this series. He's completely sadistic now. I get that this may be a set up for potential character development, but Beerus just isn't as fun as he was in Battle of Gods and Resurrection F. Negatives aside, somehow without mentioning episode 5(shit!), Toriyama's comedy has certainly remained in tact, which appreciate. It's one the major things missing from GT.

Sounds a whole lot like what they've been doing with one piece (the pacing problems anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

I had to look up some context for that, since I haven't really been watching Super, but I get the impression it's an expression of Pan's power. Though, honestly, this makes a lot less sense than the sequence from Battle of Gods, where there was a special energy created when they all came together to give Goku their power. Unless I missed something, I'll have to watch the episode later.

Though, I have to say, for a while I was confused on Super's timeline placement. So... the first episode begins following six months after the defeat of Buu and then jumps ahead a few years to line up with where BoG took place? Is that right?

Well, it does happen during the SSG transformation ritual, with the implication that she's channeling Pan's Super Saiyan energy... Which in itself implies that Pan went Super Saiyan in the womb.

Also, I don't think there was any kind of time skip after the first episode, Super takes places simply six months after the Buu Saga, and it's been stated that Beerus has been out and about destroying planets over the course of a single day or so.

This is really dumb. How can Pan, not even born, turn into a SUPER SAYIAN?! And i dont think that gohan beign able to turn ssj means pan can do it so easily. 

Well, it does happen during the SSG transformation ritual, with the implication that she's channeling Pan's Super Saiyan energy... Which in itself implies that Pan went Super Saiyan in the womb.

Also, I don't think there was any kind of time skip after the first episode, Super takes places simply six months after the Buu Saga, and it's been stated that Beerus has been out and about destroying planets over the course of a single day or so.

If Super still takes place six months after Buu, then Toei and Toriyama screwed up their own timeline. Which is a little surprising to me because Toriyama has done everything up to this point to maintain it.

I'm mostly going by Dragon Ball wiki (though they love to shill the old FUNi dub, they do use guidebooks for a lot of their info) which tries to hammer out the timeline and it suggests that episode 1 begins shortly after Buu is defeated and then jumps ahead to after Gohan and Videl are married. Which would make sense.

This is really dumb. How can Pan, not even born, turn into a SUPER SAYIAN?! And i dont think that gohan beign able to turn ssj means pan can do it so easily. 

I take it more that she has the Saiyan energy rather than is a Super Saiyan herself. There's nothing from the original Battle of Gods film that suggests all Saiyans that are donating their energy have to be Super Saiyans. Most of the ones that did give their energy to Goku were Super Saiyans, though. I'm sticking with this just being an expression of Pan's energy similar to the blue light from the film. At least until I see something that states otherwise.

Edited by Zaysho

Its the same reason truncks and goten didnt have a tail and why cell didnt die when his head was blown up. Toriyama forgets many things.

Its the same reason truncks and goten didnt have a tail and why cell didnt die when his head was blown up. Toriyama forgets many things.

Toriyama stated them not having tails was because it's probably a recessive trait in hybrids. In the case of Cell, that's him writing himself into a corner as he's pretty famous for.

Much as I joke about his forgetfulness too, the fact is, the man just makes shit up as it comes to him. He's not that forgetful. Hell, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman is the perfect example of this, and that's why I love his work, It's kooky, but he doesn't break his own series' internal logic.

Edited by Zaysho

The whole 6 months thing was a bit of a misconception. 

Minute: 2
Narrator: “And then, six months later…everybody’s memories of Boo were erased by the power of the Dragon Balls. Some time has passed since then.”
Significance: Establishes the timeframe for the series. Some promotional material in Jump has described the series as “half a year” (ie six months) after the battle with Boo, but according to the narration here there’s at least a little bit more time than that.

As for Super Saiyan Videl, I don't see what's wrong with it. She's clearly relying on Pan's powers,

• Thumbs Up 1

Pan's going Super Saiyan because there's Super Saiyan energy flowing through all the saiyans. Videl's going Super Saiyan because Pan is. They're just tapping into the energy source, not transforming from their own energy.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, episode 11 of Dragon Ball Super really nailed it. The fight between Godku and Beerus has been epic so far. I thought it was really cool when Goku canceled out Beerus's energy sphere by squeezing it in this episode. I also really like the comedic moments present in this fight :lol:. Putting the fight itself aside, man, Sumitomo really outdid himself with the music in this episode, which is saying a lot since his stuff for Kai wasn't so great IMO. Also, the art for this episode was superb. This is definitely one of my favorite episodes, up there with 2, 6, and 10. Also, apparently Goku's Super Saiyan God form can self heal, so that's pretty cool. For those that want an actual summary for the episode, here you go:

Bulma and the gang try and catch up with Goku and Beerus in their plane, which is now having engine trouble due to its fall last episode. Gohan and Goten are stuck riding along with everyone else because they apparently no longer have the power left to fly, which Piccolu assumes it due to the Super Saiyan God ritual. Up above in the clouds, Goku and Beerus are having a stare-down. Beerus tells Goku to start anytime he wants, so Goku pummels him with a flurry of blows, but Beerus is unharmed. Thinking he needs to egg Goku on a bit more, Beerus forms an extra-large energy ball and hurls it his way. Goku grabs the ball with both hands and squeezes it until it explodes. Back on the plane, Bulma asks if Gohan and co. can’t use their ki-sensing skills to locate the battle, but Gohan explains that they can’t sense the ki of gods. Just then though, Bulma spots “pretty” lights in the sky, and Gohan realizes these are explosions from the battle. Drawing nearer, they see Goku seeming to hold his own against Beerus. 

However, Goku realizes that Beerus is still not using his full power. Over in the Kaioshin Realm, the two Kaioshins discuss that though Beerus seems to be getting beat up by Goku, he is really holding back in order to help raise Goku into a “complete” Super Saiyan God. Once Goku's complete, Beerus can then use his full power to crush him, simply for fun. Back on Earth Goku feels like he understands Beerus: once Beerus grew so strong, he was left without anyone to fight against with his full power. But Beerus cuts Goku off, saying he couldn’t possibly understand, and begins knocking him around with a series of extremely close-range energy blasts. Grabbing Goku, he flies straight down towards a nearby island to ram Goku into the ground, challenging Goku to do anything to stop him. But Goku seems powerless, and with a huge explosion the two collide with the island.

Following the crash, Beerus casually strolls through the smoking crater on the island and finds Goku sprawled out on the ground, gasping in pain. Beerus says it’s a good thing Goku managed to escape his grasp the moment of the explosion. He sits himself down on Goku’s chest and begins repeatedly punching him in the face, yelling that he can’t stand how tired he is. Finally Goku punches back, knocking Beerus off his chest. Beerus says it was a good attack, but still not enough to work against him, and he knocks Goku up into the stratosphere with a series of headbutts. With Goku floating stunned and motionless, Beerus asks how long he plans to rest. Though Beerus prefers his destruction to be meaningless, in this case it seems he’ll have to destroy Earth to help make Goku properly motivated. He forms a small energy ball (resembling a stereotypical model of an atom) and plays with it a bit, dribbling it with his feet like a soccer ball. Goku hates the way Beerus toys with human life, but Beerus replies that a battle between gods is more important than human life. 

Finally kicking the ball down to the planet, he says Goku won’t be able to knock this one back or squash it like the energy ball from before…but Goku simply destroys it instead. In response, Beerus creates countless identical energy balls and rains them all down at Goku at once. Goku counters with a Kamehameha, resulting in a massive explosion. Though the Earth remains intact, when the smoke clears Beerus has stabbed Goku through the chest with his bare hand. “Sorry, I’ve got the wrong man. It seems you weren’t the one I was searching for after all”. Goku plummets back down to Earth and crashes into the ocean. Sinking down, he wonders how anyone as powerful as Beerus could exist...yet somehow, Beerus’ strength excites him. Goku’s wounds suddenly heal, and he rockets out of the water, straight back up into the stratosphere. Out of respect for Goku’s persistence, Beerus says he’ll now show him his true power. 

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31734 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ya'll ready for this!?

2zpjdys.png

Super Saiyan mother fucking Mr. Satan!

Anywho, the battle of Gods arc is finally over. Overall, I liked it. Battle of Gods was obviously paced better, but I liked a number of additions like seeing Beerus doing his job, Vegeta hanging out with his family, Beerus and Godku's fight being universal in scale, etc.  

Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
  • Thumbs Up 2

What....how..when?

This is supposed to happen in the next episode. I assume it's just going to be Mr. Satan taking credit for Goku saving the Earth from Beerus, and thus reenacting it :lol:.

Wait, didnt he say he was sorry for taking the credit?

Taking credit for what specifically? The Z-family doesn't really care whether he takes credit for their work.