Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I haven't seen this opinion pop up much lately, but I am of mindset that it wasn't Knuckle's moveset, or even his movement in Adventure 2 that was the problem. No, instead the problem was how his gameplay and stages worked.

I honestly believe that Knuckles' speed and moveset from Adventure 2 at least, would work ideally enough in a typical point A to point B type of level (with multiple paths as well, preferably) .

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, I actually liked all the treasure hunting stages from SA1 and SA2. Yeah, the radar downgrade in SA2 was pretty shit, but I still loved the levels and exploring them. Helped that I enjoyed the music too, so even though I took nearly an hour on both Meteor Herd and Mad Space the first time, I still had fun.

Not necessarily, again considering how fickle the writing quality in the comic books can be, including in how well they actually execute such.

But that's an entirely different argument all together from the idea of considering new fans who came in for game characters. Old school fans care about writing quality and execution as much as any other fan, so I don't see how that affects the main point at hand.

But this has already been done by way of the Sonic Universe sidestory arc series, which is intertwinned as part of mainstream Archie as it allows other characters like Silver, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Blaze, and even Eggman to get their own spotlight without ruining the pace of things by shiwing a different point of view.

So yeah, not really much of an argument for newer fans feeling alienated when they're getting just what they want in other parts. XP

It hasn't been solved because 

I don't care if the pace is ruined, these characters shouldn't even really be anything in the main book , and they still get universe arcs. I literally want these folks to be nothing, The Worlds Unite crossoever intensified these feelings. Where they are the main sonic crew, those guys, those memorable video game sonic characters. During this video game characters. NO i don't wanna see espio the ninja hang out with shadowman, fuck that. I wanna see Antoine, yeah... Antoine. 

I don't care if the pace is ruined, these characters shouldn't even really be anything in the main book , and they still get universe arcs. I literally want these folks to be nothing, The Worlds Unite crossoever intensified these feelings. Where they are the main sonic crew, those guys, those memorable video game sonic characters. During this video game characters. NO i don't wanna see espio the ninja hang out with shadowman, fuck that. I wanna see Antoine, yeah... Antoine. 

Is this even english? Because none of that made any sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can only guess that they, for some reason, don't want Sonic's supporting cast to have any sort of presence in the (main?) Archie Sonic comics.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can only guess that they, for some reason, don't want Sonic's supporting cast to have any sort of presence in the (main?) Archie Sonic comics.

To which I respond, what makes him so special over those that do want their presence? Like I said before, he's not the only one reading the comics.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

It does but sure. 

The Archie characters , should be nothing or not exist. If they are on the page, they should be actively trying to find another better sonic character at all times. Because they haven't for the past few years done anything to make any of them of any interest at all besides Antoine and Bunny being cute kind of . 

Worlds Unite was the prime example of this problem. 

Edited by Shadowlax

So... basically you don't want the games' supporting cast featuring at all in the comics because reasons? This really makes no sense.

So... basically you don't want the games' supporting cast featuring at all in the comics because reasons? This really makes no sense.

You don't understand me

I want the games cast, I don't want the archie characters.I want to ALL be supporting cast. I think the archie characters should share the same role as the villagers in sonic boom and should be background at best. 

It does but sure. 

The Archie characters , should be nothing or not exist. 

Thing is, you aren't the one who gets to make that call, nor are you the only one who matters over who they want to see in the comics. You don't get to dictate who should or shouldn't exist, and that sense of entitlement you have is even less likely to get you what you want.

Long time fans of the comic have come here to see both the Archie characters and the Game characters. If you don't like to share, then you can go to other mediums that don't have what you like while those that like these other characters can continue doing so.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thing is, you aren't the one who gets to make that call, nor are you the only one who matters over who they want to see in the comics. You don't get to dictate who should or shouldn't exist.

I'm not, but if I recall this is an opinion thread. And My opinion is that those characters get way too much focus, for  licensed thing and delude the comic itself. 

" Hey here's sally, don't you care about sally and her problems"

" No... can I hang out with blaze, the character that makes fire. Who's actually cool" 

" Nah man sally, also she's more of a main character than the game characters"

"Can I get shadow? I have no connection to these characters, this is a license, why are you using characters from a cartoon now large sections of the fanbase probably didn't watch " 

" Also we rebooted the book " 

" Wait so now there is even less reason to use these characters, because their entire context and purpose has been ripped from them, because now the books are game focused, and their backstories are now essentially gone and irrelevant for the most part? " 

" Nah fam, let me tell you bout Antoine" 

" Can I get get chaotix, can I get knuckles more give me something " 

" Knuckles may hang out with them, for a few issues " 

" Still a problem, but thank you " 

" Buuuut, there is a crossover the summer before and FF, get top billing on the sonic side. Also shadow literally explodes so he can't be in and fight zero, you know that one thing you want. Everyone else is just not in it, and knuckles is sort  of there kinda. " 

" Wait whoah what?!!"

I think they are bad and should be pushed back. I hope to god that the reason they were around during worlds Unite was the unwanted results of corporate interference. Because if they thought that was a good idea, someone needs  like a stern talking to. I doubt that its that, though or at least I hope it wasn't a creative decision. Because thats has to be the most tone deaf shit ever. 

I'm not, but if I recall this is an opinion thread.

Okay, and? Your opinion isn't above criticism, nor is it the only opinion that matters. Not to mention that they were part of the comic first, so if anything would be "deluding" the comic in the sense you're talking about, it would be the Sega characters since this was initially licensed as a spin-off of the cartoons more than the games - yet, those a fan of the cartoons don't mind the Sega characters being around, or the comics being more game-centric so long as they can keep their SatAM elements.

You don't like them? Okay then, but that doesn't make you any more entitled to this comic than I am. And I do like them, as do others reading the comic who like them just as much as the Sega characters. And since this is the last place I can see these characters in action, I want them around and with focus. There's more than enough of it to go around - that's why they created the Universe series in the first place, so that other characters could get focus as well.

If you don't like to share, well i'm sorry, but that's unfortunate for you reading the comics. There's always the games or other cartoons where you can go without them though, but your not going to get what your wanting anytime soon complaining about it the way you are.

• Thumbs Up 3

You don't understand me

I want the games cast, I don't want the archie characters.I want to ALL be supporting cast. I think the archie characters should share the same role as the villagers in sonic boom and should be background at best. 

I didn't see your other post, and was about to edit when you responded, so I'll just do this here.

It does but sure. 

The Archie characters , should be nothing or not exist. If they are on the page, they should be actively trying to find another better sonic character at all times. Because they haven't for the past few years done anything to make any of them of any interest at all besides Antoine and Bunny being cute kind of . 

The problems "Worlds Unite" has really has nothing to do with including comic exclusive characters, though. They were always intended to be included and the story was meant to not completely halt the on-going narrative of the book by using the same setting and characters instead of shoving everything else off to the side. The real problems with "Worlds Unite" come with the needless addition of other properties a twelve issue crossover can't manage properly, and barely even working with the cast that was already there, and former editor Kaminski's meddling to needless raise stakes (worlds fusing and becoming unstable ain't enough, surely) and giving prominence to a minor villain from the Mega Man comics. It's hard to blame "Worlds Unite's" many failures on the comic's mainstays when they got just as much screentime as any other supporting member, not more. The only characters that got screwed were Team Dark, and, again, that's the editor's fault.

I'm not, but if I recall this is an opinion thread. And My opinion is that those characters get way too much focus, for  licensed thing and delude the comic itself. 

I think they are bad and should be pushed back. I hope to god that the reason they were around during worlds Unite was the unwanted results of corporate interference. Because if they thought that was a good idea, someone needs  like a stern talking to. I doubt that its that, though or at least I hope it wasn't a creative decision. Because thats has to be the most tone deaf shit ever. 

In what way do these characters get "too much" focus? How does that apply to the book as it is now? Getting some back up stories to show what they're doing while Sonic is carrying the main storyline is giving too much to them? And you say you want more stories with game characters? Well, that's exactly what Sonic Universe is for. As of the reboot, Blaze, Shadow, Knuckles, the Chaotix, and Silver have all been featured. NICOLE did get an arc, true, but that's hardly an issue when Sonic Universe should be open to ALL supporting cast members, not just game-centric ones.

Honestly, this just sounds like entitlement.

Okay, and? Your opinion isn't above criticism, nor is it the only opinion that matters. Not to mention that they were part of the comic first, so if anything would be "deluding" the comic, it would be the Sega characters since this was a spin-off of the SatAM cartoon - yet, those a fan of the cartoons don't mind the Sega characters being around.

You don't like them? Okay then. But I do like them, just as much as the Sega characters. And since this is the last place I can see these characters in action, I want them around and with focus. There's more than enough of it to go around - that's why they created the Universe series in the first place, so that other characters could get focus as well.

If you don't like to share, well i'm sorry, but that's unfortunate for you reading the comics. There's always the games or other cartoons where you can go without them though.

Yeah sure, but you didn't. Your statement amounted to " yours isn't the only opinion who matters. " which I know. That's the point of this thread. Now if you wish to critcize, the technical problems with just removing those characters, sure fine go ahead. Or want to argue they are of worth, sure fine. But in this context just telling me, other folks like them, isn't enough of an argument to be critical of anything. Because people like everything. 

I don't like them, I don't think they are anywhere as interesting the game characters.I don't think there is enough of it to go around, because I don't think they warren't that much attention. Especially considering these characters also get arcs in universe. 

I don't think its about sharing, I  just don't think these characters are worth the real estate anymore. I think the comic could function would be better, if they were just... background. 

I don't think its about sharing, I  just don't think these characters are worth the real estate anymore. I think the comic could function would be better, if they were just... background. 

It actually is about sharing, and that's what I'm criticizing you about when I say "yours isn't the only opinion that matters" regarding these other characters. Because this is incredibly self-centered of you, and all you're doing is having a slight hissy fit because you feel entitled to the idea that you shouldn't have to see to see these other characters that other people are fans of over the ones you specifically want to see.

Yes, people like everything. But a single person can't have everything they want. You know what I want? The old universe back before the reboot. Since I can't have that back, I learn to deal with this new one by finding something to enjoy out of it rather than mull over not getting what I want. You know what I don't want? I don't want Black Arms to exist in this comic and in Shadow's backstory, but I'm still forced to have them around in the form of Eclipse the Darkling. I don't want World's Unite to not even be the clusterfuck that I knew it was going to be from the get go, but I still have it regardless. But what do I do? Either I might as well accept it and find something worthwhile in it, or simply stop reading rather than complain about what I want out of it.

Heck, you know what I want from the games? A strong, balanced action story with worldbuilding - one that came give me a good laugh and a good shock of horror or adrenaline when appropriate. I'm not getting that from the games as much, but guess where I'm am getting? The comics - and if I have to sit through things I don't like to get it, I'll accept it and wait to get the stuff I like mainly because I'm still getting what in general that I'm lacking elsewhere.

Which is what I'd suggest of you, in my opinion - you want to see the game characters of Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Espio and others you like over the ones you don't, you can wait in line like everyone else who want to see more Sally, Nicole, Antoine, Bunnie, and Rotor in action or the comic exclusive characters like Conquering Storm, Cassia, or Eclipse the Darkling. The comics have never been 100% about the games, both in the characters and in the world, which frankly is something you should have expected and accepted in the first place given its 20+ year long history of being that way and when there were signs of the reboot when everyone knew at least the Freedom Fighters would still be around with focus before it even happened. If that isn't something you like, this comic just isn't for you, is it?

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't see your other post, and was about to edit when you responded, so I'll just do this here.

The problems "Worlds Unite" has really has nothing to do with including comic exclusive characters, though. They were always intended to be included and the story was meant to not completely halt the on-going narrative of the book by using the same setting and characters instead of shoving everything else off to the side. The real problems with "Worlds Unite" come with the needless addition of other properties a twelve issue crossover can't manage properly, and barely even working with the cast that was already there, and former editor Kaminski's meddling to needless raise stakes (worlds fusing and becoming unstable ain't enough, surely) and giving prominence to a minor villain from the Mega Man comics. It's hard to blame "Worlds Unite's" many failures on the comic's mainstays when they got just as much screentime as any other supporting member, not more. The only characters that got screwed were Team Dark, and, again, that's the editor's fault.

In what way do these characters get "too much" focus? How does that apply to the book as it is now? Getting some back up stories to show what they're doing while Sonic is carrying the main storyline is giving too much to them? And you say you want more stories with game characters? Well, that's exactly what Sonic Universe is for. As of the reboot, Blaze, Shadow, Knuckles, the Chaotix, and Silver have all been featured. NICOLE did get an arc, true, but that's hardly an issue when Sonic Universe should be open to ALL supporting cast members, not just game-centric ones.

Honestly, this just sounds like entitlement.

The problems with worlds unite are many and in between, and that's one of them.  Along with throwing in a bunch of properties that couldn't be managed, and completely  out of the range of the intended of the comic, and not having enough substance to maintain the interest of those who's demo's that might apply. That thing had breath of fire characters.  I don't need the comic's mainstays , to be getting as much screen time as any other supporting member. In  video game crossoever, because they are irrelevant. I can't see chaotix or blaze, but sally gets to hang out with Chun Li? What this character who doesn't even exist outside of this medium. And what I mean by corporate meddling is part of what I mentioned. Editor came through, Sega came through, capcom came through, and when they were said and done, the best story they could tell , is the one they told. Sure its fine.  Their statements about this being more about money make me believe that. Because if they thought up, not including a bunch of game characters, for comic book characters... in a crossoever. Duuuuude, we need some new writing staff. 

In what way do they take up a  lot of the main book. Shadow, sure, but I don't think knuckles should have EVER been regulated to side book. They started to rectify that, hopefully that continues.  And as far as too much focus, I don't know. If the main book was JUST about sonic and no one else, I wouldn't... really care. Actually Then sonic universe would make alot more sense, but he has this team of people who are now, barely characters, because their future has been pendered away from them. That he drags around. And its like, if other characters can be in this book, I rather they be interesting, I rather they be game characters. If it was just sonic that would be fine, but its not. So ok, its sonic tails amy and literally who. I think the knuckles is thing is a good solution . Is that they need GM character, every few months a game character gets Adopted into FF and their story is now Morphed into the plot. Oh hey blaze is here, now we are doing alt dimension sol emerald stuff. Now you characters have to interact with these other game characters, in interesting situations, and allow for development and you get to see a new game caracte and the literally who's get to be interesting in a new situation.Few Months later, Chatoix, Few months after that , shadow. He's just there, he's runnin from gun orome angsty shit he's doing, he's moping around character develop happens, him sonic are friends or something. Few months later, no striker, but tails is super important. My point is, these characters I find to be uninteresting. And id rather it be occupied with characters who at least are interesting by themselves Or for them to provide more new situations that allow them to be. If not they can go. I think the main book can just be about sonic and tails and work just fine. 

Also Entitled? No I have a criticism, I don't like the thing you like. You'll live. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Also Entitled? No I have a criticism, I don't like the thing you like. You'll live. 

And he likes the things you don't like. You'll live - there are other Sonic things out there that you can enjoy if you don't like what the comic has offered.

• Thumbs Up 1

And he likes the things you don't like. You'll live - there are other Sonic things out there that you can enjoy if you don't like what the comic has offered.

And he likes the things you don't like. You'll live.

I know... that? The point of my statement is it works both ways. 

You are very sassy for like no reason. 

A lot of folks on this forum are quick to just go just not engage in shit, like they have lordship over the thing. And the issue with the suggestion is because a lot sonic material isn't up to snuff right now. The games are now uninteresting, and kind of non existent. And with the claim of it being influenced my by classic sonic, doesn't... inspire hope. Especially after the last few times they said that. Got lot world on PC, a nothing uninteresting game, with only two characters because characters were the problem, not making shit  video games. So weren't aren't any characters, and the characters they are in that game, just lack character. Some of the most soulless gaming experience I have ever experienced, complete with dreamworks rejects. Then there's boom wii u and 3ds a terrible game and a nothing game. The next 3ds one, I was hoping might be good, is delayed so I now I have less hope. And there is the cartoon that started off strong feel into nothing and while yeah My favorite Shadow the cool dude, is hanging out. But it took a whole season of eh, and  bad metal sonic episode to even get there.  And  the episode is more of segway to the next season if anything. And then the season is over. All the sonic content right now is non existent and slumming or a mobile game where you game to get characters, just let me buy shadow. That's the only one I want.  Everything's just bad. Silver age is pretty good. The content sonic is releasing is nothing/unsatisfactory, so  i'm not just complaining about this. Everything is being criticized. 

Which is what I'd suggest of you, in my opinion - you want to see the game characters of Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Espio and others you like over the ones you don't, you can wait in line with those who want to see more Sally, Antoine, Bunnie, and Rotor, or the comic exclusive characters like Conquering Storm, Cassia, or Eclipse the Darkling. The comics have never been 100% about the games, both in the characters and in the world, which frankly is something you should have accepted in the first place given its 20+ year long history of being that way. If that isn't something you like, this comic just isn't for you, is it?

I don't think they are worth having a line. I'm sorry i'm making you upset, but that's how I feel. Your statements have boiled down to " but think about who might like this " I don't think that many people do. And I don't care that folks don't like that. I'm not a share holder, i'm not a writer or an editor of archie comics. I have no obligation to feel these folks who want archie specific stuff. I think its uninteresting and I do not like it. And that was my opinion, and if you like that's ok. But i'm not going to tell you to think about me in this case. because this isn't a problem of practicality. Its a preference problem, and in a preference problem. You aren't obligated to give a shit about me. You like a thing, that's fine. 

Edited by Shadowlax

I know... that? The point of my statement is it works both ways. 

You are very sassy for like no reason.

You're comments have been pretty sassy and backhanded in themselves, which is the reason I respond in turn.

I don't think they are worth having a line. I'm sorry i'm making you upset, but that's how I feel. Your statements have boiled down to " but think about who might like this " I don't think that many people do. And I don't care that folks don't like that. I'm not a share holder, i'm not a writer or an editor of archie comics. I have no obligation to feel these folks who want archie specific stuff. I think its uninteresting and I do not like it. And that was my opinion, and if you like that's ok. But i'm not going to tell you to think about me in this case. because this isn't a problem of practicality. Its a preference problem, and in a preference problem. You aren't obligated to give a shit about me. You like a thing, that's fine. 

And I feel you're being entitled over something you seem to hold very little interest in to begin with or something you think is worth more than what other people think. You say you have no obligation to feel for folks who like the Archie specific elements, and don't care if other people like it...yet you want the comics to care enough for you to have these things you don't like pushed into the background or be non-existent for it to be better for you because you think it's a problem, and you alone don't think many people like it (and with no evidence to back that claim). Yeah that's the very act of being entitled, and that's really the only issue I'm having with you, because it's also hypocritical as hell.

My statements have boiled down to "you're not the only one who matters" because your statments have boiled down to "give me what I want, and screw everyone else" since you're only thinking about yourself. You don't demand this sympathy of opinion and refuse to give it in return - you don't get to say "I don't care," expect us to be okay when you give the impression that your opinions should be catered to, and then turn around and say "you don't have to give a shit about me" when you get called out for it. It doesn't work that way., and trying to justify it as "it's my opinion" doesn't do you any favors either other than inciting more hostility.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're comments have been pretty sassy and backhanded in themselves, which is the reason I respond in turn.

And I feel you're being entitled over something you seem to hold very little interest in to begin with or something you think is worth more than what other people think. You say you have no obligation to feel for folks who like the Archie specific elements, and don't care if other people like it...yet you want the comics to care enough for you to have these things you don't like pushed into the background or be non-existent for it to be better for you because you think it's a problem, and you alone don't think many people like it (and with no evidence to back that claim). Yeah that's the very act of being entitled, and that's really the only issue I'm having with you, because it's also hypocritical as hell.

My statements have boiled down to "you're not the only one who matters" because your statments have boiled down to "give me what I want, and screw everyone else" since you're only thinking about yourself. You don't demand this sympathy of opinion and refuse to give it in return - you don't get to say "I don't care," expect us to be okay when you give the impression that your opinions should be catered to, and then turn around and say "you don't have to give a shit about me" when you get called out for it. It doesn't work that way., and trying to justify it as "it's my opinion" doesn't do you any favor

Ok cellphone acting funny will type in full later deleted my response. Its sad i have to be somones english teacher. So ill be back to teach you later 

Edited by Shadowlax

On a completely different topic, I'm not sure if this is a popular or unpopular opinion; I don't like Sonic advance 2's ending. It just strikes me as odd.

Where do I start? Okay, let's start with Cream. Near the beginning of the game, she is kidnapped by Eggman. When she is rescued, it is revealed that she is looking for her mother, who likely has also been kidnapped.

Cream is freed, and with her super chao Cheese (How many animals and chaos drives did it take to make him that strong?), dominates all of Eggman's machines, succeeds in blowing up Eggman's space station, and then finds her mother. That is one formidable six year old.

However, during the 'last story' Eggman kidnaps Cream's mother, Vanilla, AGAIN! Why? Does she have something valuable that we don't know about? Perhaps he's just feeling really spiteful after losing his space station again.

Super Sonic goes after him and after a battle I have mixed feelings about (It's neat deflecting missiles and stuff, but he goes slower than his normal form. It's sad when the 'Extra' bosses do that), Vanilla's prison capsule is released.

In the next scene, we see Sonic trying to slow the capsule's descent into the atmosphere...Super Sonic is really weak in this situation for some reason. Eventually, the capsule bursts open, Sonic loses his super form, and both hedgehog and rabbit are tumbling down...Sonic could have saved himself a lot of trouble if he had just chaos controlled both himself and Vanilla to the surface; he's far too reluctant to use chaos control, but that's a different topic.

Here's where things become really odd. Sonic, while falling, struggles to grab ahold of Vanilla's hand...why? Whether they are holding hands or not, they are going to fall at the same speed. Someone could argue Sonic is immune to falling damage; he has a low level feather-fall ability....Okay, Sonic has a long history of falling from really long heights with no ill-effects. He just got done doing that after destroying Eggman's space-station...but why does not Vanilla have it? Her six year old daughter has it. Do only platforming characters have immunity to fall damage?

It's just odd, but perhaps I should just let it go. After all, Sonic games are not known for logic. Just look at Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06.

For a perhaps more popular opinion though, I do greatly enjoy the game. I've forgotten how remarkably fast the game can be.

Well, Sonic Advance 2 in particular doesn't exactly have the kind of coherency that makes sense anyway. Cream is captured, but then so is Tails, and Knuckles is tricked for the third time for reasons still unknown. Shadow and Sonic 06, as bad as their storytelling was, at least give you explanations for most of whats going on, but it's best you just roll with Sonic Advance 2 and not think about it too hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problems with worlds unite are many and in between, and that's one of them.  Along with throwing in a bunch of properties that couldn't be managed, and completely  out of the range of the intended of the comic, and not having enough substance to maintain the interest of those who's demo's that might apply. That thing had breath of fire characters.  I don't need the comic's mainstays , to be getting as much screen time as any other supporting member. In  video game crossoever, because they are irrelevant. I can't see chaotix or blaze, but sally gets to hang out with Chun Li? What this character who doesn't even exist outside of this medium. And what I mean by corporate meddling is part of what I mentioned. Editor came through, Sega came through, capcom came through, and when they were said and done, the best story they could tell , is the one they told. Sure its fine.  Their statements about this being more about money make me believe that. Because if they thought up, not including a bunch of game characters, for comic book characters... in a crossoever. Duuuuude, we need some new writing staff.

I think the only thing we agree on is that "Worlds Unite has a lot of problems," but the comic exclusives aren't one of them. First off, "Worlds Unite" was not a video game crossover--it's a comic book crossover. What that means is that it's going to work with the established universe of the comics it's using and bring them together while working in new crossover material. You could say that "Worlds Collide" didn't need that material, but "Worlds Collide" also existed due to very particular circumstances that were outside of Archie's control, and it was a way of separating the book's future from whatever legal issues they were dealing with at the time and setting up a new universe that kept the stuff they could use with no issue, because they wanted to give something back to the fans that supported the book for over twenty years despite losing as much as they did.

"Worlds Unite" comes into this newly established universe, so the comic exclusive material is fair game. And, you know, while "Worlds Unite" has a very bloated, near unmanageable roster, the established cast isn't what contributed to that. The inclusion of other properties, while a cool idea (about as close as I'll get to seeing a comic with Amaterasu and Issun at that point), created that. If you want to blame something for sidelining characters like Blaze, the Chaotix, and more importantly Team Dark, I'd say it was those new characters, not the ones that were already there.

In what way do they take up a  lot of the main book. Shadow, sure, but I don't think knuckles should have EVER been regulated to side book. They started to rectify that, hopefully that continues.  And as far as too much focus, I don't know. If the main book was JUST about sonic and no one else, I wouldn't... really care. Actually Then sonic universe would make alot more sense, but he has this team of people who are now, barely characters, because their future has been pendered away from them. That he drags around. And its like, if other characters can be in this book, I rather they be interesting, I rather they be game characters. If it was just sonic that would be fine, but its not. So ok, its sonic tails amy and literally who. I think the knuckles is thing is a good solution . Is that they need GM character, every few months a game character gets Adopted into FF and their story is now Morphed into the plot. Oh hey blaze is here, now we are doing alt dimension sol emerald stuff. Now you characters have to interact with these other game characters, in interesting situations, and allow for development and you get to see a new game caracte and the literally who's get to be interesting in a new situation.Few Months later, Chatoix, Few months after that , shadow. He's just there, he's runnin from gun orome angsty shit he's doing, he's moping around character develop happens, him sonic are friends or something. Few months later, no striker, but tails is super important. My point is, these characters I find to be uninteresting. And id rather it be occupied with characters who at least are interesting by themselves Or for them to provide more new situations that allow them to be. If not they can go. I think the main book can just be about sonic and tails and work just fine.

So basically "I don't care about these things, so they shouldn't be there."

It's hard for me to see the the Freedom Fighters as being "dragged around" by Sonic when they are established as supporting characters. Sonic is the one carrying the main book, and the rest get a little time in the spotlight in back-ups or Universe arcs. And in the case of the latter, the game characters are given priority. So I'm not seeing a case of the comic exclusives getting too much focus in either book, especially not in the book's current state.

If that's not good enough for you, I don't know what else to tell you.

I call you entitled because you're saying that you personally don't care for some element of the comics others like and you want it removed so the book more suits your tastes.

It's fine if you want to criticize the characters or that you don't like them--plenty have said as much. It's another thing entirely to say they shouldn't be there because you don't like them. I mean, I don't like Boom, but I don't go into the Boom thread complaining that Boom isn't what I want. You know why? I'd rightly get jumped on and told I can go read the comics or play the games I like because it's a waste of time to demand the show cater to my desires at the expense of the show's fans.

Edited by Zaysho