Awoo.

Spoiler alert: Sonic & All-Stars Spoilers Transformed!

Shane

True, it took me two days to unlock the final character and I played it solid in those two days (plus, I'm pretty good at it!).

Generally though, and a honest question, prefer it to the last one? Cast excepting of course tongue.png

Oh and BTW, on the Finale track, did you keep your eyes open as you start lap 3, you might need to be at the front of the pack mind tongue.png

Just say Yes if you know what I'm talking about tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 2

So Opa-Opa is really a no show? If not, well that sucks, but I could understand. He was just my favorite to use in the first game haha. Here's to hoping he shows up in a stage somewhere at least~

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh dude... seriously. Pudding is such a waste... Now everybody will wait for DLCs, just like happened with Generations. It's the same situation! So please Sumo, don't disappoint us like Sonic Team did unsure.png

Also, the SEGA special track is actually Coruscant confirmed.

Edited by Jango

But if anybody has any questions let me know. I can take a few more pictures if there is anything people really want to see.

I know this may fall on death ears but.

Please don't spoil the last character unlock. At least not until launch day. Because it's amazing, and I just think as many people as possible should have the same feeling I did when I saw [insert correct description here] in action for the first time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, if you must spoil the last character, I'm thinking maybe it should be in spoiler tags even in this thread.

Well who ever finds it out and wants to post it, just use a spoiler tag in here then. I mean if someone goes into the spoiler topic AND clicks a spoiler tag (that probably has a few unspoiler-tagged words about what the spoiler is pre-hand), then, well you asked for it. I don't know how much safer you could be than that here. Plus it's the internet, XD.

I'd personally like to know as well since I won't get the game for a bit anyways. But at least doing that hides it from people that don't want to know yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

From a gameplay perspective I am mixed. I like the transforming aspect of it but I did prefer the more varied land vehicles of the first game like Ryo's motorcycle. On the other hand you guys REALLY outdid yourselves on the level design. Some of these course designs are absolutely awesome. I love being literally shot up the steps of the shrine in the Shinobi stage. I have to say as a sequel to a game I really loved, it is absolutely a worthy followup. Sumo really knows how to make great racers and this is no exception. If I sound negative in any way it is just the absolute Sega fanboy in me that is sad to not be able to fly around the docks of Yokosuka or ramsack the Fantasy Zone. With a company as old and versitile as Sega, you are never going to hit everything everbody wants and taking that into consideration, I get the game a huge two thumbs up.

Don't worry guys, I won't spoil the last character but honestly I doubt I will get it before launch day anyways. Like I said the game is much harder than the first when it comes to unlocks.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ha, they based Pudding's car off of her bike in Space Channel 5 Part 2! That's pretty clever if you ask me.

And man do those Race of Ages screenshots look nice!

• Thumbs Up 3

Whoa, those Race of Ages shots. Beautiful.

That Dreamcast is cool. I don't have pictures but I also saw a Saturn and a Master System as well.

That Dreamcast is cool. I don't have pictures but I also saw a Saturn and a Master System as well.

Could you at least tell us what vehicle modes Burning Depths and Race of Ages use?

Could you at least tell us what vehicle modes Burning Depths and Race of Ages use?

I will have to look at Burning Rangers again. I know it uses the land and sea modes. I don't remember using the air mode in it.

The Race of Ages level mixes it up between laps and uses all three.

• Thumbs Up 1

From a gameplay perspective I am mixed. I like the transforming aspect of it but I did prefer the more varied land vehicles of the first game like Ryo's motorcycle. On the other hand you guys REALLY outdid yourselves on the level design. Some of these course designs are absolutely awesome. I love being literally shot up the steps of the shrine in the Shinobi stage. I have to say as a sequel to a game I really loved, it is absolutely a worthy followup. Sumo really knows how to make great racers and this is no exception. If I sound negative in any way it is just the absolute Sega fanboy in me that is sad to not be able to fly around the docks of Yokosuka or ramsack the Fantasy Zone. With a company as old and versitile as Sega, you are never going to hit everything everbody wants and taking that into consideration, I get the game a huge two thumbs up.

Don't worry guys, I won't spoil the last character but honestly I doubt I will get it before launch day anyways. Like I said the game is much harder than the first when it comes to unlocks.

Appreciated. We really want players to discover some content by themselves. I know it will be hard to resist, but try :P

I really think the course design and handling is a big step up, plus I'm quite proud of the vehicles, transforms and weapon systems. I say this all the time but we've made a real gamers game I think, the more you play it (and get good with the stunts!) the more you'll see it.

Right, I need sleep! I'll call it a night!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 4

Is it possible for you to record some game play on any of the tracks that haven't already had it? or play as Ulala/Pudding? That would be awesome

Edited by maltam123

Lucky you are!

You don't say much about the gameplay, what are your feeling about the speed, drifts, tricks compare to the first game? The new one seems to be a lot better than the previous ont theses points from what i have seen, what's your opinion?

I can't even imagine what the Race of Ages is like in motion.

This game is going to blow my mind, and I can't wait.

That final unlock being some super-special-awesome reward is also a nice touch, as well. It really shows how deep Sumo went to make this like a true arcade experience in addition to the core game. It could've just been "beat the game, get a guy", but knowing that it'll take time and effort, that's awesome. With how the first game was just "play long enough, get all the things", this is a welcome change.

I'm apparently the only one not sad about the secondary characters as well... But I guess that's all about preference.

I'm apparently the only one not sad about the secondary characters as well... But I guess that's all about preference.

Not the only one. I'm really excited for Gum and Pudding haha

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what the music is like in Race of Ages.

It is a remix of the Space Harrier theme and a damn good one at that. I also noticed when I really paid attention that there is a Genesis and Gamegear in there as well. Also an Outrun arcade machine and the chuchus. I get the feeling I could play this level 10 times and keep finding new things in it.

• Thumbs Up 3