Awoo.

Snack Cakes Episode VI: Return of the Twinkies

Autosaver

I did once see some Twinkies at an imported candy stall at a fair once here in the UK. I promptly put them back down after reading the ingredients.

You could replace Twinkie with most American confectionery here, Jez. There aren't quite as many laws... have you seen the stuff they put in Twizzlers?

Seriously though, once had imported Twinkies and they weren't very nice. Think I'll stick with Cadbury's-branded mini rolls or something with flavour in it instead.

I even have to disagree with corporate whore Batman.

29936.jpg?v=1

Edited by Andrew Albacia

Are Twinkies seriously the only thing people know about Hostess?

Pretty much, but minus all the sweets (I've had it all) wonder bread, we get that brand all the time.

I am sad. Derpy is sad. And I'm pretty sure this guy is sad that he won't be doing this again

...I think I just lost my appetite.

Forever in my heart.

FQLvB.jpg

Never-Forget-1.jpg

I for one.....*wheeze* am OUTRAGED....*cough* by this...

How can they....*Glargghh*....take away one of America's most beloved....*cough cough*....snacks!?!?

This is not over....*Burpp*....I'll....I'll... *Wheeze*....I'll make them pay for this...I...swear it....

fat-man-at-computer-desk.jpg

And I'm pretty sure this guy is sad that he won't be doing this again

Poor Tallahassee. He isn't going to like this.

tumblr_m5c270Jsa91qeba6m.gif

29936.jpg?v=1

1417933-hostess_fruit_pies_batman_super.png

And thus another weapon of justice is lost.

You could replace Twinkie with most American confectionery here, Jez. There aren't quite as many laws... have you seen the stuff they put in Twizzlers?

Seriously though, once had imported Twinkies and they weren't very nice. Think I'll stick with Cadbury's-branded mini rolls or something with flavour in it instead.

29936.jpg?v=1

tumblr_lpnv9lkqzB1qafrh6.gif

Oh you guys! <3 Made my night!

• Thumbs Up 2

Not really a Twinkie fan, b-but...this means no more of THESE:

cupcake.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

Wh...bubu...whu...du...WWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYY???!!!

Because Catman.

v2batman02.jpg

He clearly ate them all. Because Darkness.

The full twinkie one. Whoever had to write these... I feel sorry for.

v2batman16.jpg

Edited by Andrew Albacia

What bothers me about this is that Drake's, a local subsidiary of Hostess, is going with them. They make the most amazing cream filled cakes called Ring Dings.

Because Catman.

v2batman02.jpg

200px-Cat_man5.jpg

...my mind is all kinds of blown right now.

As to Twinkies... I only tried them once in my life, when my family went down to the US for a one week vacation at New York City. We caught a convenience store on the road, and I finally decided to see what the big deal was (cash register made the Ring sound effect - my hero).

It was... okay. I much prefer eclairs, but they're not bad. Hopefully they can be sold off to another company, because that's quite a big deal of money a company can make there.

• Thumbs Up 2

200px-Cat_man5.jpg

...my mind is all kinds of blown right now.

There was a Catman in an early Justice League episode; the one where Green Lantern, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl get sent through a warp anomaly into a 1960s era city and meet up with the Justice Guild, an alternate universe counterpart of the Justice League that got turned into a comic series that the Green Lantern read when he was a kid. The Justice Guild was composed of Catman, Tom Turbine, The Streak, Black Siren, and Green Guardsman.

Although it turns out that the entire Justice Guild is actually dead, and the whole city is under a Lotus Eater Machine esque environment by a mutated fan of the Justice Guild. The illusion Justice Guild end up beating the crap out of the fan to return reality to normal, in the process sacrificing themselves once again.

Edited by Malpercio

...no Wonder Bread?

I swear this is the only brand of bread my Mom buys! Welp, be better time than any to maybe find a healthier brand out there...

Like that's likely...

My hatred for Hostess products aside, hearing this made me feel a little bit sad. Hostess is a pop culture icon, especially the Twinkie (its most famous product). It's a company full of products adored through generations, kids, adults, and elderly alike. So it's rather disappointing to see their products no longer being made.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thankfully my dad found out about this yesterday... and as soon as he heard it he rushed to find some Twinkies. And as he expected, the Twinkies were already clearing out. It took him three stores later until he found and bought three boxes of Twinkies and one box of chocolate filled Twinkies.

Today he bought a bunch of other hostess products, and we're not sure as to what to do with them as of yet. Once again, it was a pain to find, but he managed to find them.

Dad and I are hopeful that someone will buy the company/rights to the products/whatever, but I'm a little worried that they wont be as good as they used to. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to that.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Are Twinkies seriously the only thing people know about Hostess?

Pfft, of course not!

trio-of-twinkies.jpg

Chocolate-Creme Twinkies, Banana Twinkies, and Strawberry and Cream Twinkies are also quite popular too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried a Twinkie once from an import sweet shop and it was alright, but not that great. I can remember it having quite a...not a savoury taste, but not very sweet either. Not enough for me at least. tongue.png Sad to see something so many people love might be going though, that's never a good thing.

Also, the fact a "cream cake" can survive a transatlantic trip worries me somewhat. Then I remember that as American confectionery, it's got "ARTIFICIAL OMG" all over the box and know it's because of preservatives, preservatives everywhere. laugh.png

I'm gonna miss those fruit pies and dem mini donuts the most yo.

Oh well, they'll be back in a few months time.

I heard about this yesterday and bought one box each of Twinkies and Cupcakes. I haven't gone into either yet, but one of my brothers has helped himself to each. I'll probably pack one as a after lunch treat for work tomorrow.

Mainly bought for nostalgic value, as I remember specifically looking forward to this at snack time early on in kindergarten. Granted it had me bouncing off the walls enough to be disruptive, but still. I think I stopped seeking them out as a treat because I had developed more refined tastes for sweets (i.e. cookies and creme ice creme/froyo!).

That and the fact that the shape, size, and color of the creme filling made it too easy to set yourself up for a fellatio gag.

Secondly, I posted the following on Ebay:

$(KGrHqRHJCwFCdz-GK8JBQpt2I89Kg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJDQFCWu))mdmBQpt5H,Rng~~60_57.JPG

CHA-CHING!! Can you see the dollar signs in my eyes right now?

But seriously, Easy Bake Oven rip off for realz. I'm half glad I didn't throw this away as the pastry making value of this thing was dismal. My brother and I got this on a whim a few years back when they were super duper clearance at the local K-B Toys. Don't believe me? Check out this review on it.