Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

So...I had a sound bug similar to the Curien Mansion one, but this one was after I was disconected from an online race in the Skies of Arcadia track, so for a while I had birdies sounding (now they stopped).

In Dragon Canyon...dunno if it's a bug, but it was hilarious to watch. Near the end of lap 2, before you end the boat section, sometimes a wave forms making you jump a bit...but for some reason NiGHTS sky-rocketed in the air 2 times in a row (I was trying to S-class this in World Tour) forcing her to respawn the first time XD

My WiiU asked me to update Euro ASRT buut my brother said no, does anyone know which update it is?

I've just been asked for the same update but want to hold fire until it's confirmed to be safe, anyone willing to take the plunge and find out?

The first update is bugged.

The second is not.

If you have updated before and you get a new update, it is the bug fix.

EU update is fine and is the same as the one that should hit the US anytime now.

Worth getting as it does make some improvements and tweaks the difficulty in places!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to know. I want to slap someone at NoA up the side of the head for not putting the patch up already, though.

Believe me, we have been on the phone daily and hourly about that, both with SEGA and Nintendo.They want it out just to get us to shut up :)

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L
  • Thumbs Up 7

What if Nintendo is purposely holding back the patch so they can make Mario Kart U look better?

/conspiracy theories

Do these upcoming difficulty tweaks apply to the Xbox version SOL? Because while the tweaks sound great, they don't solve the problem of the last few unlocks having ridiculous requirements.

Also, I've noticed my Avatar's face is super dark and at times impossible to see because my character wears a mask over most of his face. I have to turn the gamma up just to see him.

Edited by Ball Hog Badnik

Do these upcoming difficulty tweaks apply to the Xbox version SOL? Because while the tweaks sound great, they don't solve the problem of the last few unlocks having ridiculous requirements.

Also, I've noticed my Avatar's face is super dark and at times impossible to see because my character wears a mask over most of his face. I have to turn the gamma up just to see him.

If we get the go ahead to do it on the others then yes. Tweaks the targets throughout the game, especially on Traffic Attack.

Avatar should be lit the same as all other characters, we don't do anything specific to the items at any rate. Might be the texture on the object itself?

---

S0L

---

Avatar should be lit the same as all other characters, we don't do anything specific to the items at any rate. Might be the texture on the object itself?

---

S0L

---

I think the avatar is so small in the kart and the shadow on the front of the kart is so big that all the texture detail is lost and it looks awful as a result. Don't know if you can do anything about it, except maybe "light up" any dark colors on Avatar faces.

It's just so weird that it happened on the same track both times... Here's the video footage I took of this problem:

The Colours don't feel so right.

I don't really understand, what is the reason of the exceeding bugs in the Wii U version?

I don't really understand, what is the reason of the exceeding bugs in the Wii U version?

Launch title on a system with many known problems.

More than likely it's the OS that the Wii-U runs on, it's not exactly all that great if the posts at neogaf are anything to go by.

I've just started playing online today and already I've rage quit three times. The collision is just ridiculous! You touch another racer and you go flying off and quite a few times I actually ended up off the track, three times in one race in fact. Also one time I hit a car in front of me and literally bounced off it and rocketed backwards. I hope this gets fixed because it really is frustrating!

And so today, I've decided to permanently shelve Transformed. What a horrible glitch of a game. Starting off by having to buy a second copy because the first one wouldn't work, to unplayable missions, horrible online, and even causing my Wii U to freeze up completely.

I'm done with it.

So uh, is your online ranking for battle mode supposed to be the same for race mode? Because now my race score is 1755 and battle score is 1754, and I know for certain that I have not played battle or won that much to even get that score there (win loss ratio is 11/12)! I am now #5 in the ranking but I feel bad for getting there because of my bad luck with glitches.

I also notice that if I don't exit out from matchmaking before deciding on a matchmaking mode, my score from the previous game mode gets copied to the others. I chose Lucky Dip, waited in the lobby, got a network error, then when I looked at everything my score across the board was 1153 (which is my real score for Lucky Dip). Huh.

Edit: now it's happened with Lucky Dip. My score is now 1754 like battle mode. :/

I've just started playing online today and already I've rage quit three times. The collision is just ridiculous! You touch another racer and you go flying off and quite a few times I actually ended up off the track, three times in one race in fact. Also one time I hit a car in front of me and literally bounced off it and rocketed backwards. I hope this gets fixed because it really is frustrating!

If you think that's bad, I've started seeing people intentionally not get a boost start in hopes that someone from behind does and hits them. The result is them flying forward at super fast speed, and the guy that bumped them going super fast backwards. Never boost directly straight at the beginning of the race in online. Always veer to the sides and avoid people as much as possible! I can't guarantee your safety in Burning Depths though. tongue.png

Edited by Coral
  • Thumbs Up 1

The end of race placement during Xbox Live play is acting up again.

I've had a few races where I finished 1st but the end results put me in last place.

.... Does the game not like me when I win by a Blowout? Why am I getting punish for being 15 or 20 seconds ahead of the 2rd placer. =(

The end of race placement during Xbox Live play is acting up again.

I've had a few races where I finished 1st but the end results put me in last place.

.... Does the game not like me when I win by a Blowout? Why am I getting punish for being 15 or 20 seconds ahead of the 2rd placer. =(

Did you play a Battle Race by any chance? I noticed that happened a lot to me in there too. I think it probably ranks people not just on winning the race but also knocking off other players' health. Otherwise, I'd suggest waiting around for the second place person to be kind of close to you and then cross the finish if you're smoking the competition.

I've had this happen way too often, and it's usually caused by players with a low ping. The game will "frameskip" them, so to speak, in order to prevent the game from lagging. However this'll have them go extremely fast for you when it happens to them. Since they're traveling at the maximum speed possible, the inertia is exchanged between you and the other player, causing severe spikes in speed. The only other workaround would probably be slowdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just my imagination, or is the online for this game getting progressively worse to the point that it's downright unplayable?

When I first got the game, the lag was non existant and the only issue was the pinball effect when hitting another player.

Here are a list of problems

1: Hitting players now causes you to spin wildly out of control and if a player crashes into you, you might as well quit the game because chances are you'll hit a wall dead on or worse be fire back down the track.

2: The game no longer knows when you've finished a race. Sometimes I'll finish a race, the game says 'First place!' However I still have control and then when the countdown ends I'm given a DNF and a -30 point penalty.

3: People in first place are getting All star power ups... Seriously what the fuck!? And no they're not keeping them from being in a lower position, because I've had an all star pick up and I've been the race leader from the word go!

4: Hitting a player now causes you to spin wildly out of control. Putting this twice because this is ruining the online experience for me. I'm doing quite well then suddenly another place gently taps the side of my car and I go crashing into the wall... costing me the race.

5: Get rid of the classic maps in online mode as they give the race leader too much advantage. If I get a good start on any of the classic maps, then thats it, the race is over. It's over because theres no chance for the other players to catch me, even if they get drones, it's far too easy for the person in first place to win on these maps, theres no stunt's to do, very little in terms of track hazards (in fact Roulette Road and Sunshine tour don't have any). There is simply no way to catch them.

6: Make people temporarilly invincible at race start. This is ridiculous. I get a good boost start, only for it to fail because idiot in front of me doesn't know what he's doing and I crash into him.. .. .. and end up spinning into a wall due to points 1 and 4.

And so today, I've decided to permanently shelve Transformed. What a horrible glitch of a game. Starting off by having to buy a second copy because the first one wouldn't work, to unplayable missions, horrible online, and even causing my Wii U to freeze up completely.

Get the PS360 version?

• Thumbs Up 1

Get the PS360 version?

You're asking him to purchase the PS360 version when you are complaining about the online yourself?

You're asking him to purchase the PS360 version when you are complaining about the online yourself?

If you're going to try and undermine what I said, at least read his other posts first. With the exception of the online... every other problem he has complained about are Wii-U exclusive features/bugs.

If you're going to try and undermine what I said, at least read his other posts first. With the exception of the online... every other problem he has complained about are Wii-U exclusive features/bugs.

But there is no point now of getting the PS360 version since there is an upcoming patch that will come anytime that would solve everything. (I hope)

Edited by Ming Ming Shana