Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Got DKC:R a while back and I'm playing it now. Having played quite a bit of the first beforehand, I'm really liking what I'm playing. Barrels of fun, actually, and considering how half of Neogaf has praised Tropical Freeze as an amazing 2D platforming goodness (while the other half is "Retro working fucking Donkey Kong uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhh") I can't wait to try out the sequel sometime soon.

Specifically I recently played the Beach level that has the tidal wave constantly coming in and oh man I really love the overall visual atmosphere that level had. Great music too, and I really like overall that you have to avoid the tide coming in throughout the level, it's a really neat gimmick-specific level.

Man I really do wish Retro Studios got a chance to make a 2D Genesis Sonic sequel, I'd bet they'd be able to make something incredible out of it. Indeed, when I'm using the DK's rolling move in DKC:R I kinda feel traces of a Genesis-styled Sonic game in there and that makes me get all sad. :(

Finishing off Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, and I'm also playing Mirror's Edge.

At one hand, Klonoa is like platform perfection while Mirror's Edge is basically parkour: If you suck at it, you'll probably die

I started Twilight Princess again not long ago. probably been since 2007. yet i do find this game very interested.

Well, with the recent announcement of SO5, I think I might replay The Last Hope on the PS3, I never beat it on the PS3 but I did on Xbox 360.

Playing through Mirror's Edge, Project Spark, and AC4. Also, Monster Hunter 4U is arriving to my doorstep soon, oh god.

Somebody help me, too many games to play

(I'll probably clear Mirror's Edge first, followed by AC4, do whatever with Project Spark, and play Monster Hunter 4U whenever I have handheld)

Well, I reached Creepy Castle in DK64 with everything prior 100% completed. Though I did already enter Creepy Castle and bought all the upgrades that unlock there from past worlds. I also got everything in DK Isles that does not require me to have opened Hideout Helm.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire since I finally finished Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations a few days ago.

I finally beat Super Metroid last night with 60% completion and it took me over 8 hours to do so. Eh, you can tell I've never beaten this game before. XP

Anyway, I loved it graphics and music wise and the exploration is great but the gameplay? I dunno, personally I had problems with it. I think it's because Metroid is not for me. I just can't get the hang of it! Switching between items with the select button is annoying, especially during a boss battle, and I keep reaching dead ends only to then figure out after 20 minutes "Ohhh right, I need to backtrack all the way to this area so I can get this item to get through here!"

So this is only my second Metroid game I've finished to the end, the other being Metroid Fusion. I had zero problems with Fusion (I love that game!) but duh, it's linear. This game on the other hand gives you the whole uncharted planet feeling and I know what it's trying to do, but to be frank it's not my cuppa tea.

I'll be nice and give Super Metroid an 8.5/10, and that's only because all the boss battles, especially the Eldritch Abomination of a Final Boss are pretty epic! XP

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm playing too much at the moment D:

Just completed the story mode to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed last night. But I'm still meaning to play the "what-if" DLC for the game. Also playing Assassins Creed: Black Flag which was free with GWG, it's not bad, but it's sad and unsurprising to see barely anything has changed in Assassins Creed. (Still don't get where the huge praise comes from) But hey, least it wasn't broken on release, heyoooooo ;D

Here and there, playing Terraria (also free) and State of Decay, which I can only play in small doses as it's a piss-poor zombie title filled with bad acting/dialogue and boring gameplay :/ But meh, it's better and worse than Dead Island for many reasons. 

Also on my phone, I'm playing Dead Trigger 2 which isn't half bad for a freemium title and the recently released Halo: Spartan Strike which is a step above Spartan Assault! Now if only they could make an actual Halo title with a fully-fleshed out campaign like the main series while still retaining the same gameplay :P

On top of all of that, I play Rockband/Guitar Hero here and there. 

Still trying to beat Dream Team...starting to think doing Hard Mode out of the gate was a bad move.

Persona 4 is on halt at the Ameno-Sagiri boss fight, so I've started Persona 3 Portable again, Minako side this time, just got Aigis in the part, so.

Playing Resident Evil Revelations 2 on my brand new PS4 :D Anyone wanna share play with me in the story mode? Please? :c I love you guys. Lamontraccoon PSN

I'm juggling loads of things - S-Ranking BoxBoy, a process which makes it a completely different game and actually hard; I've started Gunvolt, both Azure Striker and Mighty versions; I'm about midway through Majora's Mask 3D, when I'm done with that I'll be returning to Persona Q which I felt like taking a break from about two-thirds of the way through...

I've also recently finished Potzol's Puzzle (a.k.a. Ketzal's Corridors), a fairly old 3DS eShop game that's sort of like extreme sideways Tetris.  I'm not sure my brain was really cut out for it, but I finished it, anyway, and I'll be glad never to see Hoot Zill again.  I also finished The Keep, a sort of oddly clunky retro dungeon-crawler which I got halfway through before I remotely understood the combat system.

Edit: Well, I think I'm done with BoxBoy for good now.  There is literally nothing left for me to do.

SLDf9lA.jpg

The postgame is pretty blisteringly hard, and yet in some ways more manageable than I expected.  An amazing game, though; if you like puzzle platformers, I can't recommend it enough.

I'm playing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I don't like the name of this game ._. Colons and dashes being used in the same title just doesn't ever do it for me.

Anyway, I like it so far. I'm playing a Nosferatu chick and I look like someone who survived being put through an ice chipper, but all in all it's a pretty fun game with a great atmosphere. I haven't delved too deep into it, though, but from what I can tell so far I can probably get as much enjoyment out of this like I got from Fallout: New Vegas. So below Morrowind, DA:O, Baldur's Gate I & II and Gothic I, II, and III, but higher than Oblivion and Skyrim. 

So pretty damn good, I'd say, but I'm only a couple of hours in. Bit early to make a complete judgement, but that's about an accurate assessment from what I've seen so far.

I finished The Last Story last week, and for the most part, I really liked it. In fact, much more than I expected to. I thought the combat was interesting, particularly with how Zael's abilities play into them and the possibilities they open up. And it's actually quite accessible and easy to get the hang of it. I did say earlier on that the battles aren't too punishing and I didn't see any game overs... well, that changes near the end. There's a bit of a spike and some bosses took a few tries or more, but the game is pretty generous with experience, so it's not too difficult to be on even ground with a boss.

I also liked the story because it plays to my expectations and then randomly subverts them, and I think the writers were just having fun with all these particular conventions, many of which are quite predictable... and that's part of the fun! Even better is that the story doesn't come off as cynical or too try hard when it plays with tropes and deconstructs them, and the dialogue and writing, especially in the localization, is sharp, funny, full of character. The mercenary crew are a real loveable bunch. I actually smiled at the moment when

Zael declines knighthood; one, I thought it was funny because this game lulls you into thinking that you have to make these transparently stupid choices over and over again and that refusing is always out of the question... and then here, it works! Two, it gets really easy to root for Zael, especially when he finally makes the right choice.

Oh, and firing prank bananas into a crowded street is the best thing ever.

I would on-board with Mistwalker making a sequel for the Wii U.

Now, currently, I'm on the Yooka-Laylee hype train, so why not load up Banjo-Tooie for the N64? I don't have the original Banjo-Kazooie, unfortunately, but this is good enough. I'm actually enjoying revisiting the game, because I don't believe I've touched it in a very long time, not since I first beat it (I didn't clear it 100%, but I know I had finished the game proper) waaaay back in middle school. The game is still quite charming after all these years with funny writing and great character designs. I actually felt a twinge of nostalgia, because I sank a lot of hours into this game, and I'm pretty sure that spanned many months. Which makes my current progress (as of this writing, 39 Jiggies) surprising. Maybe I'm just better at games now? I even stumbled onto the Mega-Glowbo by accident (first I found the Ice Key by accident and I was swimming around lost in another level, and ended up finding the secret area) so I have Dragon!Kazooie again, which is awesome!

In any case, I admit I did dig out my old Nintendo Power strategy guide, just to seek some guidance when I'm not 100% sure about what I'm doing--the game is pretty open to the whims of the player). I also have a couple cheats in effect. Now, I did earn three of them ("Feathers," "Eggs," and "Homing"), but I enabled the "Nestking" cheat for infinite eggs and feathers. Oh, and "Honeyback," which is useful. I'm not going overboard with them, though, at least not compared to when I did on my original save. N64 controller is much more awkward than I remember, particularly with how stiff the control stick is. Maybe I'm just used to how later controllers feel.

Playing Toy Story 2 on the Dreamcast. I'm wishing I had bought Space Channel 5 instead...

Right from the bat, something is wrong. When using the control stick, Buzz refused to walk in a straight line. At first, I thought something was wrong with my controller, but some replies and research says that no, this is not an isolated incident.

Fortunately, the D-Pad is more precise, but it's uncomfortable. You can adapt to it, though, which I did.

However, in the Alley level, I'm bumping into glitches. First, Buzz refused to move at all. I paused the game, not a problem with the controller, so I quit the level as started again. Then, the music started glitching up, and the game froze up.

Is this a problem with the Dreamcast? Or can this one be pinned on the game as well?

It's the only Dreamcast game I have, so I'm trying to make the best of it, but yeesh...I hope my Dreamcast isn't broken. There's some game I want to play, especially Puyo Puyo~n.

I never encountered problems like those you described in the PlayStation version, so it could be indeed something related to the Dreamcast.

I never encountered problems like those you described in the PlayStation version, so it could be indeed something related to the Dreamcast.

I hear at the very least, the control stick problem is not an isolated incident when it comes to the Dreamcast release. And others have said that the PS1 release has on such control problems.

Don't know about the other problems. The copy I have is a bit scratched up (was like that when I got it), but I have other similarly scratched up games on other systems that display no such problems.

I really hope my Dreamcast isn't broken.

Currently digging into Project CARS on the PC and running some sessions in the rain.  Good god it is challenging and it makes me appreciate what real drivers go through in those kind of conditions.

Gonna dab all of the Sam and Max episodes this weekend, currently just playing through Monster Hunter. Trying to decide what game after Sam and Max I should play next though

My best friend picked me up Total War: Rome yesterday. The first one, not the second one. 

Romebox.jpg

RTS is probably my favorite genre of videogames, with the only real competition it has coming from Stealth games and RPGs. I did try to get into the Total War series with Shogun 2, but I had trouble picking it up due to how incredibly fast paced the battles were in that game. That led to me just putting the game down because the learning curve had begun to impede on my enjoyment of the game - and don't get me wrong, I love a challenge.

I was talking about the series to my best friend, because I was thinking of giving Shogun 2 another go. He has a lot of experience with the series, however, and he brought up that Shogun 2 is a terrible introduction to the series due to how incredibly fast paced it is in comparison to other RTS games. He then gifted me what he deemed to be the best starting point, which was Rome One.

I gotta say, I really love it so far. I'm a huge fan of strategy games like this, and Rome One features intense battles that require a lot of know-how and tactical prowress, but they're also a bit more enjoyable because they're not lightning fast. They're far from being slow, mind you, but they're not too fast for it to impede on my enjoyment of the game. Just right, actually - fast enough to where it's a challenge to keep up, but not too fast to where it's kind of like a "blink and you'll miss it" type deal. I like that a lot.

Overall, I wouldn't say it's my favorite RTS of all time - Crusader Kings II has a pretty firm grasp on that position - but I can see myself logging a lot of hours into this game nonetheless  :D

Currently playing Disney Infinity (1.0) to catch up on some playsets that I still haven't completed yet.

I got Europa Universalis IV in a Humble Bundle yesterday, and the learning curve is pretty damn steep. I'm starting to get a grip on things, but I'm still ultimately struggling. The tutorial is kind of useless, by the way - my major gripe about it, seeing as how complicated the interface is and how vital using said interface is. That goes for pretty much every grand strategy game, but most of them have much better tutorials.

Outside of the steep learning curve brought on by a pretty useless tutorial, the game is damn good. It's very intense, and I've chugged in about 9 hours on it since I got it less than 24 hours ago. It's difficult in comparison to the average 4X grand strategy game, which is kind of saying something, but I picked up on Crusader Kings II after a while and this game is only slightly more complex. The real issue is how the tutorial spends more time telling you how to operate the camera than giving you much needed information about the UI, though. I can't get over that D:

I will in due time, though :P It's only frustrating now because I'm new to the game. Once I get the hang of things, this will be one like CKII where I hit over 200 hours on in the span of three months or so.