Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm trying to get through all of Kingdom Hearts so I can be all ready for Kingdom Hearts 3. I played the series before, but I've skipped some titles and it was a long time ago, so I'm starting fresh.

Right now I'm on Re:Chain of Memories on the 1.5 HD collection. I completed the first game entirely and I just finished Sora's story of Re:CoM and started Riku's story not too long ago. I'm not a big fan of the card fighting system in this game, but I'm liking the story alot so it's keeping me going. Nowhere near as good as the first game, which makes sense considering this was originally a GBA game.

After completing Arkham Knight I'm currently on a Batman Arkham series marathon going through all the games again. Finished Arkham Asylum a few days ago and will be going to Arkham City next.

During that I'm playing J-Stars Victory VS + and some PC Ultra Street Fighter 4. 

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush for the last hour or so. I really love this game! The artstyle is wonderful, music consistently good and while a bit clunky I enjoy using the touchscreen gameplay more than I expected and that Tank Kirby is best Kirby.

Also watching Kirby dance about in the music room is too cute :3 https://twitter.com/ShaddixLCroft/status/635510896605982720

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

I've been replaying all the Metal Gear Solid games - MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4 and Peace Walker - in preparation for The Phantom Pain which releases in nine days.

I'm also going to get the Mega Man Legacy Collection and Until Dawn this week. 

Edited by QuietTheSniper

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Killer Instinct 3. It's so good. I love how Double Helix and Iron Galaxy handled Rare's legacy here. Heck, it's like that Rare charm never left. :)

I can't wait for the Season 3 packs!

Playing Pokémon Shuffle Mobile. I want to capture Slowbro in Galerie Rouge because I got a Slowbronite last time, but it fails. I have failed to catch Slowbro for more than 10 times! ?

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition,  and I think the Metal Gear Collection when I get the opportunity to actually play them. Time to play games versus doing classwork is hard to come by.

I just recently finished Ace Attorney Investigations, and now I'm playing Mega Man ZX Advent.  I've been running through DS titles that I missed while the 3DS is in a lull...

I'm also on-and-off playing Lufia: The Legend Returns on the 3DS Virtual Console.  The randomly-generated dungeons are boring, which is a problem as they're the meat of the game, but the rest is fun enough.

I've been playing Kingdom Hearts II and it's definitely much better than the previous installments, which didn't impress me to the level Dream Drop Distance did. The opening hours were really slow, but the world variety is fantastic and Limits are really fun to see with each character. 

I also play Professor Layton and the Curious Village, which takes some getting used to after playing all the 3DS entries.  But at least the game is able to provide the same satisfaction of clearing a puzzle on the first try. 

Mostly Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Second Life.

Yeeeaaaahh I like social games lol

I would be playing Inworldz more but I can't get it to work properly on Linux.

I am also keen to play some Contagion again but that means booting into Windows and I don't like doing that lol

Recently, I play Touhou 15 Legacy of lunatic kingdom. I love Touhou project :) (Love sign - Master spark!!!! :D). Touhou project has So many unique features that most people prefer. Attractive character, beautiful bullet pattern, huge world settings, fine scoring system.., I do wish touhou game would be ported to consoles :D

Currently doing my second complete runthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles (no New Game+!). I'm definitely hyped for XenobladeX, so that's a major contributing factor, but I've been wanting to go through and experience the story and revisit the characters again. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm taking a lot more time to pick up sidequests and and really pad out my game. I've really benefited from all the extra experience I've been gaining and building the affinity with the areas I've been so far, and I'm surprisingly having a lot of fun doing this stuff despite a lot of it being kind of a fetch quest grind. I'm seeing little glimpses of depth to the NPCs and enjoying how the party can interact with them. It also helps I have a much better idea of what I'm doing and how the game, as a whole, works, and I'm having an easier time battling things and working my way through the game compared to when I did it mostly blind the first time. As of right now, I'm over 63 hours in, and I'm currently at Valak Mountain, with my party in the low 50s. ...I'm genuinely surprised I'm really taking my time with this game, so I'm going to try to do as much as I can before the end. Maybe I'll even be able to take on the Superbosses this time.

I've also been on and off with Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. I've never finished this game, and I've been slowly going through my playthrough. Things got a little slow around the halfway point, but they're picking up again. I love the writing in the game, and it's definitely fun, even if I don't really pick it up regularly or play it for long stretches. Mario and Luigi are both at level 31 (I've been very careful to make sure they level up at the same time... even in those brief moments when they get separated...), and I'm three for four on the Beanstar Shards. Let's see if I can actually finish this joint...

Prior to both of these, I played Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds about a month ago. Loved it. I'm surprised I blew through it in a week--Zelda games usually take me a while. The openness of this entry versus others was a nice change of pace, and I really liked the item rental system. It allowed for a lot more variety in the dungeons, and I wouldn't mind something similar being put to use in future entries. With this, I've got the itch to step back and start playing/replaying some other Zeldas down the line, probably after I've knocked Xenoblade off my list for a second time.

Been primarily Shiny-hunting on both OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire since I completed the National Dex long ago. Just caught an Eevee after 11 chains in AS, but having been trying for days getting a Growlithe in OR. The DexNav feature is definitely less frustrating than the PokeRadar in XY where you had to be very picky about which patch of grass to go in to continue a chain and if you encounter any Pokemon that you aren't looking for, chain's automatically broken. Thankfully that doesn't happen here. The only downside is that there is no set number for chaining to increase your chances of finding a Shiny. In XY, if you managed to reach a chain of 40, you can stop looking for good patches and can just continue resetting the Radar until you see and hear a Shiny patch. Here, not so much, so finding that particular Shiny you want could be fairly short (I've gotten chains less than 30 and even 10 before) or very, very long (I've also reached a chain of 79 and 158 for Luxio and Absol respectively). There's a part of me that does think Game Freak has made finding Shinies more easy in newer games and that does kinda diminish their value, but the process of finding one, whether you do it by DexNav or fish-chaining, it's still going to require a lot of time, concentration, patience, and the biggest of all, luck in order to do it correctly.

I am supposed to get a copy of Pokemon Conquest I ordered from Amazon later this week after watching some playthroughs of it and re-reading it's coverage and review from Nintendo Power and was curious to play it for myself. So I'm eager to get that soon. 

EDIT: And oh yeah, there's also the Masuda method I forgot to mention, but I've never tried it.  

Edited by DarkLight

Still playing Pokémon Shuffle Mobile this time. I got score of over 5,000 in Mega Charizard Y Event. I checked on my ranking. I am in Top 200,000, but something's not right:image.thumb.jpg.c6f227876900bff320d1f4df

How the heck did this happen?

• 1 month later...

Was playing Skylanders Superchargers on my Wii U earlier. I never playd a Skylanders game before, but I can say it's been a positive first experience so far. Gameplay is fun, the voice acting is top-notch, and the graphics are great. Plus, the Donkey Kong Skylander/amiibo is a nice touch.

I will say this, though; the DK Viners were right, as someone who never played the previous games, this really feels like poor Donkey Kong has been thrown into this strange and unfamiliar land. Poor guy probably doesn't even know what a Skylander is, let alone why he's being called one, not to mention being thrown into a conflict he has no clue about. He even has this face like he's confused!

To steal a joke; it's okay, DK. Surreal all confused, too.

Edited by SurrealBrain
  • Thumbs Up 1

recently went through the Haunted Mansion Videogame on Dolphin (despite owning a copy for Gamecube) so that I can dig into what secrets the game is hiding and to make submissions to the VG Resource

Right now I'm working on Yoshi's Woolly World. Reached the 6th world (and probably the final, I doubt there's more) and have 100% completed the first four worlds. Probably going to 100% complete the fifth world before doing anything in the final world.

Also working on Link to the Past (Wii U VC) again a bit in the side when I get bored of Yoshi. Just got the Master Sword again.

Since I finished up Curious Village about a week ago, I've finally moved on to Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I'm glad the Memo feature was introduced in this title, Curious Village could've used it for several puzzles, even though it is still a bit lacking in comparison to Unwound Feature (why can't I use an eraser instead of wiping the entire thing?).

Also debating which PS3 title I should play next since I've finished up Birth By Sleep HD, Chrono Cross or Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space? 

My first BlazBlue since whenever Calamity Trigger came out on Steam (and since I read Remix Heart whenever that was a thing):

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend for PS Vita

This game might actually be my game of the year, because hooooooly shit I like this game. The mechanics are tight, the story is hilarious and serious when needs be and the English voice acting is pretty good, though I'm not one for listening to the Japanese voices to begin with.

Ever since Halo 5 came out, I've been playing the campaign over and over again. I'm currently running through it on Legendary right now. That's the game I've been into since it came out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ever since Halo 5 came out, I've been playing the campaign over and over again. I'm currently running through it on Legendary right now. That's the game I've been into since it came out!

I've also been playing Halo 5 since release. Didn't bother with multiplayer until I was finished with its story. Since completing it, I've just been on Warzone mostly. As someone who would always play Big Team Battle, I'm preferring this. It's like Halo Reach's Invasion mode, but without the whole taking turns thing and racing to 1000 points instead of stealing a core. 

Slayer, Swat and such are on-point. Multiplayer in it's entirety feels fresh but familiar :)

Other than that I've been playing Back to the Future (Telltale). It's okay, I'm only on Episode 2 and have put it off for a little while, but it has a few classic BTTF moments. Some elements mirror the writing of the previous movies and I have to commend some of the voice talent. Especially the voice of young Emmett Brown! 

And in between everything else I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas. PC Download that was included in my Anthology Collection. Not a mad PC gamer but it works on my laptop and works with my Xbox One Controller, so I'm trading in my Xbox 360 copy seeing as I have a physical copy of every Fallout game :D But being that I pre-ordered my Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition on Amazon US when it was revealed, I won't receive the game till 2 weeks after release, so I'm thinking of playing through Fallout 3 during that time :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I have too many games I'm trying to go through right now, but most recently I've been playing Resident Evil: Revelations 2 and Postal 2: Paradise Lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Conker: Live & Reloaded. Got through beatig the first couple of chapters already, and it's fun.

I will say, I have to agree it's definitely inferior to the original Bad Fur Day. Yeah, I've been through a good chunk of this stuff before, but I think, among other things, I prefer the N64 graphics despite their dated style. There's also enemies sprinkled in areas that didn't originally have them, which can be annoying when solving a puzzle is difficult enough.

I haven't tried Chapter X (new story content) yet. I wanna unlock the ability to uncensor that first. Oh yeah, the censorship in Live & Reloaded is a bit ridiculous, considering it beeps out words the original got away with and all. Why?

Taken on its own merits, though? It's a good game. Great, even. Plus, with Rare Replay out, it seems Live & Reloaded is becoming the "hard to get" version, considering the original is the most available it's ever been. Wanted to strike before it got too expensive.

Plus, the fact that I'm willing to go through this again so soon after my playthrough of the original version shows just how good the core game is.

Edited by SurrealBrain

Halo 5! Finally beat the campaign on Legendary last night. I think I'll be hooked on the multiplayer for a couple of days. Who knows afterwards? c: