Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

It's worth buying. There is a lot of playtime. A really nice subtle reference to a forgotten character in AC2.

Not to mention it sets up a running gag throughout Revelations.

Poor Duccio. THe first time I had a random run-in with him in Revelations, I poisoned the dude because I thought he was some kind of special guard.

...Meh, screw the creed. It's just Duccio.

• Thumbs Up 2

Poor Duccio. THe first time I had a random run-in with him in Revelations, I poisoned the dude because I thought he was some kind of special guard.

Someone made this great video of Duccio by the way:

Edited by Zuko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone made this great video of Duccio by the way:

Yep that's who I meant, poor old Duccio. He kind of remains me of the character Johnny in the Metal Gear Solid series, who most of the time gets humiliated. I look forward to kicking his arse again in Revelations.

Speaking of Revelations, I started playing that game yesterday. Just now, I had synched a view point. I then tried to jump off the top of a building into a heystack, but (as sometime happens) Ezio decided to do a normal jump missing the heystack entirely, which will kill him as the fall is too big. As I was falling, I knew I was going to get desynchronization, so I pressed a few of the buttons on my controller, and all of a sudden I appeared on top of a nearby wall. So I didn't die. Now that is what I call a useful glitch!

Edited by NightwingFox

Speaking of Revelations, I started playing that game yesterday. Just now, I had synched a view point. I then tried to jump off the top of a building into a heystack, but (as sometime happens) Ezio decided to do a normal jump missing the heystack entirely, which will kill him as the fall is too big. As I was falling, I knew I was going to get desynchronization, so I pressed a few of the buttons on my controller, and all of a sudden I appeared on top of a nearby wall. So I didn't die. Now that is what I call a useful glitch!

That happened to me. I jumped off the Hagia Sophia, missed the haystack, held circle for what felt like hours and landed on a building.

• Thumbs Up 1

Altair's sections are really all I remember. That and those weird ass first person puzzle-platformer sections. Ezio's story? Uh...uh. Marco Polo's books, some sultan dude, and the women he falls in love with. Yep.

Played the multiplayer a lot, though.

Yup that's basically all Ezio's story is. You are trying to unlock the door to Altair's dead body which is suppose to contain some unbelievable secrets. During the way, you get to the main city (don't ask me to spell it) meet the Sultan guy who then asks you to aid him in the fight against the templars that are in his area. You do, sultan guy dies, but you train other assassin's to avenge his death. You meet this beautiful redhead which Ezio falls for, she gets kidnapped and you basically go on a killing spree trying to find her. She finds out you are an assassin and falls deeply in love with you. And throughout the game you find keys that will eventually unlock Altair's door. The story is medicore but the ending is the greatest one of the series.Roger Craig did an amazing job wrapping up Ezio's life with that speech.

My thoughts on Assassin's Creed.

250px-Assassin%27s_Creed_Logo.svg.png

I got this game on PS3 when it was released in late 2007, and I loved it immediately.

My first thoughts were how the graphics looked absolutely stunning. It reallly does make you feel that you are experiencing what life was like 1000 years ago. The atmosphere is magic. Equally the designs of the buildings, castles and mosques are a site to be hold.

The thing that really caught my attention was the ability to run, climb, and jump anywhere. It was free running at it's finest. If you were in trouble (under attack by 20 sword wielding guards), then you could either fight, or escape in any direction, vertical and horizontal. I also loved the red (alert), yellow (evasion), blue (hiding) and green (safe to continue) system that the game used, which was inspired from the Metal Gear Solid series. It is so much fun starting a fight, then legging it and finding a nice hiding place. The controls in the game are excellent and very easy to learn. I also love the eagle vision feature.

The missions are straight forward. Get a few clues to your target by interrogating someone, eavesdropping or pick-pocketing etc, and then go and assassinate them. The in-game cutscenes are neat, and the story of Assassins Creed is very easy to follow. You have Altair's struggle's with redemption, and Desmond coming to terms with the threat that the Templars (Abstergo) pose. I also enjoyed finding and synching the view-points.

The areas, Maysaf, Damascus, Kingdom, Acre and Jerusalem are vast and a pleasure to traverse. I keep coming back to play this game, just so that I can explore these areas. The attention to detail is excellent.

The story is really interesting. When it comes to assassinating your target, you have to infriltrate the area (without alerting nearby guards if you can help it) and kill your target. Seven of the Nine templar targets can be assassinated without raising the alert status, but this is incredibly hard to do and very satisfying to achieve.

Of course, this game certainly had a few problems. Occassionally the game would freeze, so I would have to re-start from the last checkpoint (annoying if you have to go back to the top of Maysaf). Also, having to go through Maysaf about 10 times (after speaking to Al Mualim once you have completed the assassination) gets a bit annoying, and the missions are repetitive. Freeing the citizens under attack can get frustrating. However, this doesn't ruin the overall experience of the game.

The game still holds up for me five years later, and I think it was a great start to an excellent game franchise.

9/10.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since I am waaaaaaay to lazy to search for the AC3 topic and this one seems to be more active....

NEW AC3 DLC IS AVAILABLE FOR THE ONES THAT PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS!

ceca71b1.gif

Since I am waaaaaaay to lazy to search for the AC3 topic and this one seems to be more active....

NEW AC3 DLC IS AVAILABLE FOR THE ONES THAT PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS!

ceca71b1.gif

But I don't have the money for Season Passes!!

I've played these games courtesy of my cousin who has Brotherhood..and..I love it. Assassin's Creed 3 llooks AMAZING, just when you thought it couldn't get anymore realistic. it's also personally my favorite since I'm more of a revolutionary war fan. oh, btw..

tumblr_m9l4sz8uaN1rbispdo1_500.gif

GET OVER HERE!

Edited by Shinigami
  • Thumbs Up 1

As I have just finished the game, AC3 so far is the best game in this franchise in terms of physics, gameplay and action sequences. The only downside for me are some of the frustrating levels and the conclusive ending to Desmond's story. I did hint at some of the unexpected glitches though, which can also be annoying. Other than that this game is worth playing, even if you are a dedicated AC fan like me wink.png.

My thoughts on:

250px-Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG

Having been a massive fan of the original, I was looking forward to the release of AC2 in 2009, and I was not disappointed.

I like the following things about this game:

• The beautiful Italian settings, Venice, Florence, Forli, San Gimignano, Tuscan and Roma.
  • The graphics in this game seem even better than the original.
  • The new weapons at Ezio's disposal. I love the smoke bombs.
  • The characters, which include Leonardo Da Vinci!
  • The missions. They are much better designed. No where near has repetitive as the first game.
  • The story is engaging and told beautifully.
  • The Desmond gameplay is more interesting.
  • You have lots of interesting side missions and quests, like 'The Armour of Altar' and 'The Truth' puzzles.
  • An excellent soundtrack.
  • The cliffhanger ending.
  • The excellent DLC.
  • Roger Craig Smith does the voice of Ezio Auditore da Firenze!
  • Oh and lets not forget the gorgeous Christina.

AC2 is a game which is packed full of content and is an excellent sequel. It improved over the original in every way. Gone were the dull and frustratingly repetitive missions from AC. The diversity of the missions and assassinations in AC2 is a big win. The game flows really well. The design of the locations is very imaginitive, from the countryside of Tuscany to the angelic 'floating city' of Venice.

The game is structured with 'sequences' 1 to 11, and 14 being the final sequence. You can purchase 'missing sequences 12 & 13' as DLC, which is well worth it, because it continues the story from sequence 11 and has some really fun missions. You even get to play with Da Vinci's primative flying machine again in sequence 12.

New to the franchise is the introduction of shops; Tailors, Blacksmiths and Doctors etc, where you can purchase upgrades, paintings and restore buildings to improve your income (Ezio loves money). You can also upgrade your assassin armour to increase your health bar.

One thing I love is completing the six hidden tombs, so that you can get the six 'seals' and thus unlock the Armour of Altair, which looks fucking awesome!

200px-Armor_of_Alta%C3%AFr_v.png

In terms of gameplay, you feel more fluid when moving in any direction and climbing buildings. The eagle vision is also visually slightly better and is more user friendly. The alert, evasion, hiding and safe system has also been tweaked, and runs much more smoothly.

The blending idea has been over-hauled dramatically. You can blend in and out so much more easily now. You can also higher different factions; Thieves and Mercenaries to distract guards, so that you can sneak through areas, or they can help you fight. You have more fighting moves at your disposal. It's really cool when you get the double blade upgrade, so that you have a blade on each hand and can take out two guards at a time, when sneaking up on them.

The story itself is very engaging. It's so sad when Ezio loses his father and brothers. The story moves through at least 20 years of his life as you watch Ezio become the Master assassin. The final boss in this game is awesome, just like the last game. I mean, your taking on Rodrigo Borgia the leader of the Templar's, who also happens to be the Pope! I like how Ezio gets to use the same trick which Al Mualim used against Altair in the last games final fight, against Rodrigo!

Assassin's Creed 2 is a superbly designed game which I adore. I cannot find fault with it. Maybe 'The Truth' puzzles are a bit too hard (although that is a minor thing). I can't solve all 20 puzzles without the help of the official strategy guide, which I recommend you should get if you also want to find all the hidden treasures, feathers and other secrets.

I have no hesitation in giving this game 10/10. Brilliant.

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

Uh that's not what I got out of that. Seemed like the Brasil fans did not like how AC3 showed their country. If anything they were pretty pissed about that very short level Ubisoft did. But a game in Brasil would be nice. Especially if they can show us how amazing that country looks. Next gen AC please prove me right.

Hey guys, the trailer for Assassins Creed 3, The Tyranny of King Washington is up!

George, your going down!

Uh that's not what I got out of that. Seemed like the Brasil fans did not like how AC3 showed their country.

Umm...the level inside a single building? I'm not really sure what else they were supposed to do with that.

First impressions of the trailer....GO!

Connor's new suit. I'm so feeling that! As for the rest, it seemed like nothing new. Wait, shouldn't that trailer go in the actual AC3 topic?

Alright, since I finished replaying it recently I want to share my thoughts on Revelations. I still maintain that the story is completely forgettable. It's only been a few days now and *already* the details are starting to leave my mind. Let's see...a sultan is dying, his sons are quarreling over the throne, a young Suleiman the Magnificent is helping Ezio, and...yep. It works I guess, but the story unfolds at a snails pace and nothing all that interesting happens. Honestly, I think choosing 16th century Constantinople was a mistake. There was some interesting shit going on there during Altair's time, and if they had gone back even further during, say, the days of the Roman Empire, then I would be all for it. But in the early 1500's it was essentially a sibling rivalry over the throne. Not the most exciting backdrop for Assassin's Creed to work with.

The gameplay, however...well, it's good. Very good. I'd go as far as to say it has the strongest gameplay in the series, because Revelations understands what being an Assassin is all about. I actually rarely got into any large-scale fights here because the game actively discourages it, highly favoring the sneak-and-stab approach. Missions are more centered around it, the standard mooks in the streets are much harder to deal with head-on, and the notoriety meter is a lot less forgiving. I still maintain that the game adds nothing worth talking about. The hookblade is completely useless, most of the bombs you can craft are variations of the same thing, yadda yadda yadda. But you know what? It doesn't need to add anything substantial when the missions themselves are so finely-crafted. This game makes me feel more like an Assassin then any other game, and that's saying something. Even the optional objectives are implemented pretty well. They usually aren't that hard, it only asks you to do one thing per mission and you almost never have to go out of your way to do it. Ubisoft nailed the optional objectives in this game.

So it amazes me they dropped that particular ball so hard in AC3. But that's a rant for another topic.

I don't see the problem in putting the trailer here, seeing as the AC3 topic is pretty much deserted.

Oh, I've nearly finished Forsaken, great book by the way. I also picked up two pieces of merchandise: Revelations key chain: Red Assassin Logo. AC3 logo: Travel Pass Holder. I'm pretty sure that the Revelations thing is the only official thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's unofficial.

Has anyone ever 100%d Assassin's Creed 2 AND collected/searched all 330 treasure chests in a playthrough?

I have just completed a second playthrough of AC2 in about 5 weeks. This time I decided to collect every objective, but I only raided 98/330 treasure chests. The game still says that I have got 100%, even without getting all treasure chests. Whilst I have collected all 330 chests before, I just can't be bothered to do that right now as it would take so long to get them all. There isn't a reward for doing that either.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

I finally managed to get my hands on AC 2: Discovery for the DS recently, after finding it in the pre-owned section of a game store.

First impressions aren't all that bad...but the gameplay could use to give more hints. I was in a castle area, and I decided to jump down to go straight to the floor...but I died. Having done similar jumps before and survived, I wondered why. Then I realized the game wanted me to go from platform to platform, not skip it. So it automatically kills you if you skip the section.

The gameplay is more like a platformer, with combat and stealth mixed in. You're mostly running, climbing walls, doing wall jumps and even rolling. You can also do giant leaps if you run downhil on a ramp and jump at the end.

You can unlock stuff in this game via points. I don't really now how to earn points but the unlockables are called "Animus Hacks". You can unlock a variety of disguises to help you get passed guards more easily.

At first I thought it was impossible to fail a mission, but then I realized once the triangle in the top right corner reaches 3 bars, you fail.

Still not finished the game yet, but those are my thoughts! Hopefully things will improve a bit as I progress further. :)