Awoo.

The Assassin's Creed Topic - Vive les assassins! Vive la France!

Speederino

Has anyone ever 100%d Assassin's Creed 2 AND collected/searched all 330 treasure chests in a playthrough?

I have just completed a second playthrough of AC2 in about 5 weeks. This time I decided to collect every objective, but I only raided 98/330 treasure chests. The game still says that I have got 100%, even without getting all treasure chests. Whilst I have collected all 330 chests before, I just can't be bothered to do that right now as it would take so long to get them all. There isn't a reward for doing that either.

Minus the chest, I also 100% AC2. Best game of the series by the way. As to your question, I haven't heard or seen anything about it. And I believe the chests are just extras. Something to do if you did everything else. Unlike you, it took me a couple of months to 100% it. Back then I tried my hardest to not deal with guides so I was doing everything on my own. And actually I did pretty damn good. Was atleast 90% before I jumped on guides to collect those DAMN feathers. Ubisoft hid them in some really good spots. Spots I know I walked passed hundreds of times.

As for the other 4 games, the most I did was roughly 95% and that was brotherhood. The only thing that kept me from 100% was the perfect syncs. That is one thing I wish ubisoft didn't add to the later 3 games. They are annoying especially if you miss, one, small, thing. AC3 is the worst at this. That mission where you are Hathan and you have to sneak into a base while not being detected was a bitch. Especially knowing that the guy you needed to get rid of was in front of your main objective. And don't try to stay hidden and do those um cannons. Nope not happening.

I got 100% on AC2 AND got all the treasure chests in my first playthrough? Why? ...fuck if I know.

Another note, I was watching Phelous's review of Sonic Christmas Blast, and I noticed something. Something that changes EVERYTHING we know about the Sonic franchise.

TemplarRobotnik-2.jpg

Robotnik has been a Templar this whole time! It explains everything! Why he is so adamant on taking control, of robbing everyone of their free will. Imprisoning animals in robots means they can't ever harm themselves, that they will live in peace with each other for all time!

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 4

I get all of the treasure chests on most playthroughs I do of AC2. I'm a completionist by nature so I don't feel right not doing it. It's a pretty big hassle, if I'm honest. I don't know how ACR or III handle it, but Brotherhood does it best so far I find, giving each district of the city several treasure maps so you don't feel overwhelmed when you go looking for treasure.

I get all of the treasure chests on most playthroughs I do of AC2. I'm a completionist by nature so I don't feel right not doing it. It's a pretty big hassle, if I'm honest. I don't know how ACR or III handle it, but Brotherhood does it best so far I find, giving each district of the city several treasure maps so you don't feel overwhelmed when you go looking for treasure.

Ac3 does it the same. Except you can buy all the maps at any general store, and you have to pick some of the locks. Those are the most tedious things I've ever done. I don't remember ACR since it's been a while since I've ran through it. I might make a week out of it. Beat AC2-AC3.

It's pointless to collect chests in Revelations, as they mostly just give bomb ingredients instead of money. And bomb ingredients are already easy to come by and you can only carry 10-15 of the same kind, so...phhht. They're pretty useful in AC3 though, since they give quite a bit of money and crafting recipes.

Then again, a lot of the crafting recipes are pretty useless and sell for squat, so I don't know. And I seem to be the only person who actually *likes* lockpicking. Everyone criticizes that but I don't find it to be at all hard or even very tedious.

My favourite part of AC3 would probably be the forts. You can take any approach, love it!

Same. It reminds me of AC1's more open approach to the assassinations, where you found your own way in and dealt with the guards however you saw fit. It's nice to see that kind of freedom return. It's especially good because I just realized something:

AC3 has a total of nine main assassination targets (I'm including Haytham's) and only three of them can be killed with actual stealth. The rest are all fight sequences, chases, or scripted events. That just feels wrong for an Assassin's Creed game.

So yeah, any opportunity for genuine stealth in this game is very welcome.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ehhh. Even ACR had more battles than actual assassinations. Wait we killed Hatham? Oh shit. Time to do my 2nd run through of the game. I already forgot stuff.

Ehhh. Even ACR had more battles than actual assassinations. Wait we killed Hatham? Oh shit. Time to do my 2nd run through of the game. I already forgot stuff.

But Revelations only had like...three targets? Maybe four? It's only been about a week and I'm already forgetting the story again. Anyways, the game was also VERY stealth heavy outside of the main assassination missions, so even if there were more targets I feel it's allowed to get away with that.

ACR is far more stealthy. AC3 is great with stealth (I love the way you can hide in grass and against walls.) but they didn't try hard enough to implement it into the main story, only the big AC fan will use the stealth mechanics to their advantage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh. I wanted to but, I just wanted to slaughter everyone with Connor. Which is what I did. Oh that was fun. Hey you, yeah you. I'm not going to assassinate you. I'm just going to kick your sorry ass with my tomahawk. Who needs special weapons when I can kill anyone with this.

Honestly the only weapon I dreaded using was the gun. AC2-ACR had the best ones. I don't want to take 10 secs to reload my gun. I was to quickly reload it then be on my way. 

I'm a new fan to this series! I first started with AC 3 which I enjoyed quite a lot. It's such a fantastic game. I then picked up Bloodlines for the PSP, which I also enjoyed but not as much as AC 3. I then decided to start AC 2 and it's a pretty good game!

What I like about this series is that it's very easy to pick up and play, it's not too hard for beginners. I like that. I was very worried it was one of those games that only caters to veterans, but It proved me wrong.

I'm contemplating on picking up the DS games to try them out, but it's gonna be pretty weird without voice acting. I really want to play Liberation, but lack a Vita.

Overall this is a great series, and I look foward to see what AC 4 brings in a few years!

Ummmm desmo- i mean there cant be another AC game after.............what happens

Ummmm desmo- i mean there cant be another AC game after.............what happens

Why not?

They left it on an obvious cliffhanger, Assassins Creed is turning into a cash cow franchise, and most importantly, they can simply just switch to a new protagonist or, hell, even just abandon the Animus stuff all together. I highly doubt they're doing the latter though, so they'll simply just switch to a new person. Just because Desmond is now Deadsmond

I'm sorry  doesn't mean it's the end of the franchise.

Edited by Speederino

Eh. I wanted to but, I just wanted to slaughter everyone with Connor. Which is what I did. Oh that was fun. Hey you, yeah you. I'm not going to assassinate you. I'm just going to kick your sorry ass with my tomahawk. Who needs special weapons when I can kill anyone with this.

Honestly the only weapon I dreaded using was the gun. AC2-ACR had the best ones. I don't want to take 10 secs to reload my gun. I was to quickly reload it then be on my way. 

You do realize that in reality those guns would take forever to reload back then right?

That doesn't make it less annoying.

I'm curious to see what next year's AC will be. I assume we'll continue with Connor, but it'd be cool to see someone else as I didn't like him all too much.

My thoughts on:

Assassins_Creed_brotherhood_cover.jpg

When it was announced that another Assassin's game was to be released only a year after AC2, I was more than a little skeptical. It was partly built up around the addition of the multiplayer content, and I just couldn't see the sense in another game being released so soon, when the previous games AC and AC2 had been so successful. History shows that so called interim games released before the true sequel turn out to be under whelming, and will likely damage the franchise. Thankfully my fears were not necessary. I bought Brotherhood in 2010 upon release, and was blown away by just how good the game is.

AC Brotherhood is not an interim game. It is a true sequel to AC2. The game continues exactly where AC2 finished. I tend to consider Brotherhood to be Assassin's Creed 2 - Part 2. It takes all the best bits from AC2 and improves on them.

Some of the things that this game offers:

• Clocking up endless miles whilst racing through the massive area of Rome, which looks beautiful.
  • You can whistle for a horse from anywhere (on the ground) in Rome, which will make a horse appear immediately from no where (totaly realistic tongue.png).
  • You can call upon the assistance of Courtesans, Thieves and Mercenaries just like in AC2 to help you distract or fight enemies. There are 10 additional side missions for each type of guild, that you can unlock. There are Templar (assassination) contracts. DLC, where you can help an ex-Templar avoid being killed by the Borgia.
  • Destroy Leonard Da Vinci's wacky war machines!
  • Recruit an army of assassins "The liberation of Rome has begun". They can assist you in battle. Raising them to level 10, and then watch the official ceremony in the Assassin's Hideout, as they become true assassins. 
  • More DLC templar lairs.
  • Armor of Brutus. Six hidden tombs/locations (like in AC2), where you can collect the six keys needed to unlock this awesome armor whilst fending off the (Templar manipulated) armies of Romulus.
  • Use the quick travel tunnels.
  • Unlock the five repressed memories of Christina.
  • Try and get 100% Total Synchriization by completing certain set criteria in each mission that you undertake.
  • Collect flags, feathers and treasure chests.
  • Soldiers attacking you on horses.
  • Defeat Templar 'locked' areas by killing the captain and then climbing to the roof of the tower. Then signalling that the area is now Templar free, which allows you to purchase stores; Doctors, Banks, Art stores, Weapons, etc. So you can make money and strengthen your equipment.
  • The awesome new Crossbow weapon.
  • The brilliant Leonardio Da Vinci DLC, which explains how Ezio finds the temple where he eventually hides the Apple of Eden for Desmond to find in the future.
  • The Rome Colosseum!

It's safe to say that there is enough in this game to keep you busy for a very long time. The amount of content is truely staggering.

Brotherhood continues where AC2 finished. Ezio (along with Mario) escapes the Vatican, and pays dearly for sparing Rodrigo Borgia's (leader of the Templars, and Pope) life, who tells his son, Caesar about the Assassins. In an amazing sequence with some really nice cinematic sequences, Caesar leads and army which virtually destroys Monteriggioni Villa. Ezio barely escapes alive and heads to Rome to destroy the Borgia's once and for all.

Whilst Rodrigo takes a back seat in Brotherhood, his son Casear the mass murdering incest nutcase who is determined to conquer all of Italy, makes a great villian.

You lose all your weapons, so you have to re-build your arsenal by completing missions, obtaining money and buying weapons and armor all over again. There are nine main sequences with bucket loads of missions to enjoy. Due to the number of side missions which can take forever to do, I kind of wish there was a few more main sequences to offset it, and the main story arc is kind of short. 

It does take a while before you can get good enough armor and weapons to allow you to make good progress with the side missions. It's not until the start of Sequences 5 and 6 (once you can start recruiting citizens to become assassins, and hire Thieves and Mercenaries to help you fight) that the game really gets going.

There are some fantastic missions in this game, like in Sequence 4 where you have to infriltrate the Castello (the fucking massive fort) in Rome (without getting detected to get full sync). The sheer scale of the fort is impressive. You have to scale the walls and then go inside the fort, which is full of really well designed routes. It's quite easy to get lost. You meet the dastardly Lucrezi (Rodrigo's daughter) and then escape the fort with Caterina Sforza. You then have to infriltrate the fort all over again in Sequence 8! 

Rome is a very interesting design. You have the city sections to the west and rest is pretty much countryside. It's elevation changes dramatically. It can be a bit of a chore running through the baron countryside when trying to get to missions, but overall it's fun.

The Armor of Brutus tombs are very well designed. Different in a quite a few ways compared to AC2's tombs. Whilst the Brutus armor is effectively a rehash of the 'Armor of Altar' from AC2, it's still a nice touch. It's pretty cool that once you have all six keys, that you can go and collect the armor which is hidden underground in those confusing tunnels in the centre of Rome.

200px-Armor_Of_Brutus_v.png

It's well worth getting, although it doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Armor of Altair.

The Da Vinci War Machine missions are interesting because it adds new gameplay elements, where you control Da Vinci's creations, like the Tank and the Boat. Whilst they control pretty well, the Bomber mission (which is pretty much like Leonardo's cruid flying machine in AC2) has fucking abysmal controls. I'm not kidding, it is a nightmare completing that mission let alone getting full synch. That is a small gripe though, compare to the overall excellent gameplay.

Desond's gameplay is much improved. Whilst you don't get to kill anyone (like in AC2), the animous base of operation is the Monteriggioni Villa. You gain access to the villa by making your way through the underground tunnels (which Ezio and co escaped through when fleeing the villa from the Caesar Borgia attack). As Desmond makes his way through the tunnels to the villa, you see ghosts of Ezio and other citizens when they were escaping. You even hear dialogue. Desmond can see these visions due to his eagle vision and previous times in the animous. A great touch.

Then at the end of the game (after Ezio hunts down and kills Caesar Borgia in a really good sequence), Desmond explores the tunnels underneath the Colessum (great place for an underground temple) and finds the Apple of Eden. Then Juno (First Civilization) takes control of Desmond (when he touchs the Apple of Eden) and forces him to kill Lucy. What a bitch! I liked Lucy. The game ends on another cliff hanger.

I also enjoyed the missions near the end of the game, where Ezio uses the Apple of Eden to force guards to kill each other.

250px-Ac2-lucy.png 250px-Cristina_Vespucci_V.png

Don't know about you, but I prefer Christina over Lucy!

That brings me to the repressed memories of Christina. You unlock these by obtaining 15%, 30%, 45%, 60% and 75% Total Synch respectively. There is no point in getting 100% Total Synch as it doesn't give you any special rewards (might get an achievement trophy, not sure), but well worth getting upto 75% so that you can play the Christina missions.

They are heart breaking. The first mission is when Ezio first meets Christina when he was young. The other four missions take place during the events of AC2, and are true to the previous game in terms of the equipment and armor that Ezio has. The end of the fifth and final Christina mission breaks my heart... These are lovely missions, and a great tribute to just how good AC2 was. Incidently the fifth Christina mission takes place during the events of Sequence 13 from AC2, which was DLC for that game.

I could go on forever as there is so much that you can talk about in this game, but I will stop now.

Overall, I do prefer AC2 over Brotherhood in that the story and structure of AC2 feels slightly better, but there is no denying that Brotherhood is an impressive package. A worthy sequel to AC2. When ever I play AC2, I always feel compelled to play Brotherhood straight after, as it completes Ezio's journey from novice to Master Assassin/Leader of the Assassin's.

An excellent game.

9.5/10.

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Having to wait stupidly long to reload your gun isn't exactly fun.

Considering the time period the game is set in why should it be?

Considering the time period the game is set in why should it be?

Well in that case, how come hiring courtesans was all fun and games? Ezio should have caught syphilis and died very young. You know, considering the time period and all, it only makes sense. Sure it wouldn't have been fun, but please won't someone think of the time period?!

• Thumbs Up 3