Spin Attaxx's Art Thread of a Magic Girlie and stuff

Spin Attaxx

tumblr_nnfqk19HGU1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

“Shade, what the hell do you think you’re doing?!”

“I’m bored, so I’m sawing your guitar in half for a laugh.”

This is a SAI'd version of a sketch, you can see the original here:

tumblr_nn0dhlZ0Lh1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nn6hxgIMzo1ttdj8lo1_250.png

So I got bored and drew Lumina as if she were from a ZX Spectrum game.

tumblr_nnd3nhLTEf1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So May’s pic features Tesla, largely because I can’t really think of any other month to put her that fits her. There’s no real connection “electricity” has to any month, is there?

Also, apologies for the borked leg perspective. That’s what I get for trying to draw footprints from a 2D side view.

tumblr_nnfqs7meBD1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

This is a sketch I did last night, mainly as an attempt to redesign Jessica’s boots slightly. These are more form-fitting around the toes instead of being bulky like they usually are. I reckon these look better/cuter, but I wonder what others think.

• Thumbs Up 2

2wAPqA5.png

I dug up an unfinished SAI version of an older pic, and decided to finish it (tweaking her boots to be more form-fitting in the process).

For this, I tried doing the lineart without using the lineart layer… yeah, I’mma stick to that from now on, given how messy it looks here.

This pic is also a different version from the one on my Tumblr - her colours are less washed out now.

tumblr_nnq3u9NHKQ1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Something I sketched yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

tumblr_nozk888Jsh1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So here’s June’s Montly Magic pic, and the first time I’ve actually used Lumina’s stage name on something.

…d’you ever draw something, and start off good, only to get sloppy and think to yourself “this is rubbish and a lost cause; scrap it and start over”, and then you finish it and show it to people anyway? And d’you get this pattern a lot?

In less whiny news, Jessica in the right. I just fucking love her.

tumblr_np16mlF77J1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

It’s me mate Galabance's birthday today, so I decided to do this as a gift for him - a crossover between The Sorceress of the Stars and his own series, Project Lachette.

I was going to have this done digitally, but a sudden case of Long-Winded-And-Hard-To-Understand Assignment Spam pretty much made doing that and having it turn out good almost unfeasable. Perhaps later on?

Also, I was going to include Vault, Stuart and an unseen CEO-type OC of mine here, but I didn’t really know a good place to put them, plus the lack of an evil Vault in Project Lachette made it seem a bit uneven. Also, because Lachette’s overall villain hasn’t been done by him yet, I didn’t know how best to include them, so apologies if the TSOTS stuff is too prominent.

One final note: Banqe’s mouth. I am so sorry for the way it was placed and I should’ve fixed it earlier.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_npln3sul1D1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Sketched another Charn.

tumblr_npln9u2qyF1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npln9u2qyF1ttdj8lo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npln9u2qyF1ttdj8lo3_1280.jpg

Sketched some Elementals. The last one you’ve seen before on here, but the rest were all designed but not posted ‘til now (the first one was largely conceptual, this is the first time I drew her). The names next to them are all potential names for them - which ones should I go for?

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice work!

For the names, I'm really digging Ignacia for the first one, Jules for the second and Walter for the third.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_nppzcgKwUT1ttdj8lo1_500h.jpg

Did some Cassidy expression doodles, why are these so much better looking than my usual stuff?

tumblr_nppzfhp3y41ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Two best friends.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

HOO BOY MASSIVE SKETCH DUMP INCOMING

tumblr_nqc1un0MDz1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Charn: Menacingly Walking Towards You Edition.

tumblr_nqs7afHfJ21ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So I recently saw Star vs. the Forces of Evil and got hooked on it.

It is adorable and charming, Star is fucking fun to watch and you should all see it.

tumblr_nqs7c1n3xp1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Just a typical Jess sketch. Did it a while after my Charn one.

tumblr_nqs7ilveCV1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Tad late with uploading this one, but here’s July’s Monthly Magic installment! Easily the best one I’ve done, I’m pretty proud of it. Alongside my Fire Elemental (whose name is probably going to be either Amber or Ignacia from now on), there’s Beta and four other characters - Gamma, Delta, Epsilon and Zeta. But there’s something about these characters and their designs...

tumblr_nqs7nqFM4w1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

...as seen here.

OK, so this picture is actually fairly old, but it features both forms of Gamma, Epsilon, Zeta and Delta, alongside Beta and a possible past version of him.

Why do they look so different? Well, I dunno if these count as spoilers for TSOTS events or not, but the general idea is that the forms on the top row are their original forms, while after being defeated by Dave they get rebuilt into the forms below with the intention of battling Jessica.

Also, I really love Epsilon MK-II’s design.

tumblr_nqs7u9dYA31ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Another old pic, this one’s almost prehistoric (it dates to around 2013!). This is Charn’s castle, and you can probably tell I took a lot of influence from the various Wily Castles throughout the Mega Man series. You can also tell this is old because the Eye of Charn on the tower looks very different from the Eye’s current design.

Also, fun fact - I drew this based on a model I made with LEGO, K’Nex and a lightsaber bulb. I still have it, I should probably take a pic and show you all.

• Thumbs Up 8

Looking back at it from the beginning, it's great to see how much your work has improved over the years! Nice job Spin!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://40.media.tumblr.com/18c7b47587c8a5946713b970f66964f9/tumblr_ns5yb5CJ6e1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

A SAI’d version of my last Charn sketch. Tried some things with the shading and lighting, dunno how well it comes out though (proabably “not very” :U).

In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have drawn his legs so far apart from each other. Or drawn his feet like how Mega Man’s are in Smash. Still, at least it’s an improvement over my original coloured pic of the Arcane Android.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/ab688254341a517afb1dad813d2dfd56/tumblr_ns8ba2Iecu1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

August’s Monthly Magic is up. I had a few ideas for this one - originally, it was gonna be Jessica using Ivorn to cool off, but I didn’t feel as hot as I did back then, so I thought instead about having Jess and Ivorn playing a video game. It didn’t really involve the use of Metal magic though, so I settled for them making… metal art, I guess(?) instead. The idea of a relaxed Jess was present, though, hence why she’s discarded her jacket and boots.

I also attempted adding in shadows too.

• Thumbs Up 8

tumblr_nsbq6bgvCX1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Doodled Lily and Ivorn. I may have made Lily’s eyes too big.

tumblr_nskanlsUoX1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Tried practicing drawing with just a tablet, so have a Shade.

I tried experimenting with a thicker, less pixellated and blurry outline… yeah, probs gonna stick with the old one in the future :U

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

https://41.media.tumblr.com/042754611d56ebc20e743d1e4348e3c4/tumblr_nt1k7iancZ1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

Hm? Well, do you?

I was prompted to do this after seeing Professor Zolo’s cute rendition of Lumina here. I made her hair more spiky and punky and changed her shirt and gloves a bit. Also, this was done entirely on a tablet! I’m getting better with digital art 8D

Here’s a version sans gloves and stockings after the Read More because I thought it looked kind of cute:

http://i.imgur.com/CYbsggF.png

• Thumbs Up 8

• 3 weeks later...

http://36.media.tumblr.com/d95b0d641b135140ef6522a4ce888ff8/tumblr_ntuzqxvkHQ1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Another installment of Monthly Magic is up, now for September! May not be relevant to me for… long-winded, personal reasons (which may also be why this is rather simple)… but for others, it just might be.

Here’s a new character too - a Gravity Elemental. No idea what his name is, but he’s more scientifically minded than most Elementals, which largely led him to be ostracised by his kind.

Also, Jessica’s very lazy. And apparently sleeps in her vest and skirt instead of a set of PJs.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 3 weeks later...

http://40.media.tumblr.com/b0f805fb5ad975e661fe8c14683819d2/tumblr_nuwh4pk1Cg1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

This is my (very) belated half of an art trade with Galabance. This is his characters Locke and Banqe in a redraw of this pic. He mentioned that he’d like the two to be more in line with their modern selves (with actual noses etc.). He also mentioned Banqe beng more “edgy” than angry. So I gave him cigarettes. I think I cut myself doing so :U

Check out his part here!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nuycl6wfEq1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

I made this for Failinhearts as kind of an apology for something in my life getting him down. This is Jessica and Sayaka Miki (his fav character) in a water fight, as happened in a roleplay here. I could’ve done better with the proportions/posing/water effects, but eh :U

tumblr_nveir9cB9z1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

Created some possible TSOTS enemies.

tumblr_nvej2l1sdn1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

October’s Monthly Magic installment with Jessica and Shade in costumes. Someone came up with the idea of Jess being Doctor Strange, so I came up with this. I’ve never actually read a true Strange comic - the closest I ever got was whenever he appeared in the UK Spider-Man comics (the ones published by Panini, I think? I don’t know what those are like nowadays).

On that note, I’ve been thinking about doing a Halloween costume challenge for October where I draw an OC in a certain costume each day, but I dunno if I should when I can only see one guy here sending in requests. We’ll see.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 4 weeks later...

Bleh, this is quite an overdue update. Most of these are for a project I tried to do this October, wherein people would send in requests for costumes and I'd draw one of my OCs wearing them. After a week or so, this pretty much went down the shitter due to lack of frequent replies/people sending in ideas that wouldn't really work as costumes. I also did all of them on a tablet only, and since most were done in just a day, they're pretty rushed and generally not good-looking:

Oct 1: Lumina as Boom!Amy (Forte-Metallix)

Oct 2: Jessica/Robinson as Mega Man/Beat

Oct 3: Jessica as Zelda (Galabance)

Oct 4: Charn as an Orbinaut (Briraka93)

Oct 5: Lumina as Peiqe (Galabance)

Oct 6: Jessica as Jessie (Gabe)

Oct 7: Jessica as Lucina (Galabance)

Oct 12: Jessica and Lumina as each other (Galabance)

tumblr_inline_nw4v9tsBQ81sarxof_1280.png

There's also one more that I should've done quite a while ago but haven't due to woes with Game Maker/screen resolutions/Toon Boom sprite and animation creation/Undertale-and-praise-thereof-induced feelings of worthlessness and failure.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 1 month later...

Holy crap I forgot to update this for a friggin' month.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/0657e021062ea6547d237e155d866117/tumblr_nx1m59Sh6h1ttdj8lo1_1280.png

This is what I imagine to be a Speed Booster equivalent for Jessica in TSOTS, but I dunno if it should be a “spell” she has to have equipped at the time, or if it’s a default thing she does when she runs at a high enough speed.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d4b87478916020c85f0e41c8450e6967/tumblr_nx1mb8G7kd1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

November’s Monthly Magic is up, this time featuring Jules. Admittedly this doesn’t quite get across the “Crystal” element well, but then again I suppose neither did January’s pic with “Void”.

I may have made Jessica’s arms too small and weedy.

• Thumbs Up 7

http://40.media.tumblr.com/99ff135c2e3dcb631c8f88e4224894dd/tumblr_nyjff3tE5X1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So for December’s Monthly Magic pic I decided to go for something different. Coz it’s the end of the year, instead of including an Ice Elemental character I had Jess and Charn duke it out. I think Charn came out pretty well, Jessica… not so much. Ah, the pain that is doing dynamic action poses with a skirt. The other Elementals were going to be at the bottom, but I drew Lumina too big and decided to make it its own pic.

Also there’s faint tear-like marking on Jessica, and those are based on the glowing lines from YoshiUnity’s cool rendition of Jess.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d6d3823ed3fed5a242b5c8339abb80ad/tumblr_nyjfp4ZljP1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So this is that picture that split off from the last one because scale inaccuracy. I decided they should be looking at something since I lked Lumina enough to put it up, so I put in this. This is actually something I’ve thought up for a possible TSOTS sequel. What is it, and what does it do?

I think I’ll leave it until I actually make a cocking game for there to be such a sequel to :U

http://36.media.tumblr.com/b90296501ceb3be0ca9b92560689355a/tumblr_nyjfqxFpic1ttdj8lo1_540.jpg

The thingamabobber from the last pic, in clearer detail.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 4 weeks later...

https://40.media.tumblr.com/21dcd5fe023d0753e044a27ff8d80571/tumblr_nzpw0kaRBI1ttdj8lo1_500.jpg

Small Lumina doodle I did a while back. Would’ve fit better in summer, but eh :U

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ee2aa5335eb0bf155caa885e80718242/tumblr_nzpwxfbRHw1ttdj8lo1_1280.jpg

So my friend Forte-Metallix has a project in mind, but struggled with character designs. I offered to help, and this is the result, based on general descriptions of the characters.

• Thumbs Up 7

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Spin Attaxx said:

tumblr_o1887tCesu1ttdj8lo1_540.png

Jessica is not a morning person.

Me every morning.

Jess looks strangly adorable when she's drowsy! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_o1n8iyQldw1ttdj8lo1_540.png

Oh look, I have magic girlies who aren’t Lumina and Jessica.

Lily’s hairstyle is something I can never settle on, but that might change with this pic.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm working on a new-ish pic, so here's something I should've updated this earlier with:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ddadc1b099554103b3539f8676e6ac88/tumblr_o240srrymH1ttdj8lo1_500.png

Is Lumina getting ready for a performance? Or is she winding down for the night? You be the judge.

• Thumbs Up 5