Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

PSI Wind

Miyamotos Roundtable is almost here, and I think it deserves a topic.

LINK: http://wii.ign.com/989/989996p1.html

Miyamotos Roundtable is when Miyamoto announces games only to select people. Its NOT PUBLIC!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Care to explain what this Roundtable is?

There, done.

Its less than an hour as well, so it should be quick & good.

Looks like NSMBDS will link with NSMBWii, as theres a Wii with NSMBWii and a DS.

Sweet, thanks for the head's up PSI. I thought Miyamoto's Roundtable was going to be him appearing on G4 in a roundtable discussion/debate/interview, guess I was wrong. Are these things usually embargoed? Are we likely to hear anything afterwards?

A quick Google suggests that there are live blogs of these things at the very least.

Fixed link.

Hes hereeee.

Hey Arshi(or anyone), can you post what he says? I can't use a computer right now, using a Wii. So its not fast.

6:17 p.m.: He's going to start today by talking in more detail about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort and then Zelda DS. And when that's done, he'll answer some questions from the audience.

6:18 p.m.: Bill Trinen and two other members of NOA Treehouse take the stage and begin playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii while Miyamoto talks about it.

6:19 p.m.: Miyamoto has been working on the Mario franchise for many years and he has always wanted to recreate the single-player gameplay that you get from the game for multiple players. With just about every Mario project he's worked on, he starts out with some kind of multiplayer functionality, but it usually doesn't come to fruition.

6:20 p.m.: (On NSMB Wii) The balance between competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay harkens back to the original Mario Bros.

6:21 p.m.: The camera in New Super Mario Bros. auto pans in or zooms out depending on what is happening between players at any given moment.

6:22 p.m.: Wii's added processing power enables Nintendo to create this kind of multiplayer game because the console can handle all four players plus additional on-screen characters, etc.

That's it so far.

That was fast!

80+ lvls! HOLY SHIT!

Anyone else please?

SMG 2 Time!

He says there were ton of ideas they coudn't fit.

This is what he has said sooo far.

6:32 p.m.: Galaxy 2 is very, very far along, but since Nintendo has New Super Mario Bros. Wii, it's going to hold off and keep Galaxy 2 for next year.

6:31 p.m.: More than 90 percent of what you will see in Super Mario Galaxy 2 is all brand new. Maybe even 95 percent. Miyamoto talks over the trailer. Galaxy 2 contains roughly the same amount of content as the original.

6:29 p.m.: "With Super Mario Galaxy, it's the first time we really worked with spherical worlds and we had a lot of ideas about how to use gravity. However, when we finished the game, we realized there were a ton of ideas we just couldn't fit in," he says.

6:28 p.m.: Miyamoto is now showing the Galaxy 2 trailer and he's going to talk a bit more about it.

6:28 p.m.: "This is a really fun game to work on and develop, but it's also a really great game to play."

6:27 p.m.: Whenever he loses his ability, he uses a debug cheat to trigger it again. Too funny.

6:26 p.m.: Mario slides humorously through the level and hurls snow balls that freeze enemies in mid-air, creating platforms for the plumber to jump atop.

6:25 p.m.: Miyamoto plays one of his favorite stages, a snow level, and here Mario dons a penguin suit. Nintendo's master designer dies in the game right off. "That's why we're not allowing any photographer." Pretty funny.

6:24 p.m.: The title features roughly 80-something levels.

6:22 p.m.: Wii's added processing power enables Nintendo to create this kind of multiplayer game because the console can handle all four players plus additional on-screen characters, etc.

6:21 p.m.: The camera in New Super Mario Bros. auto pans in or zooms out depending on what is happening between players at any given moment.

6:20 p.m.: (On NSMB Wii) The balance between competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay harkens back to the original Mario Bros.

6:19 p.m.: Miyamoto has been working on the Mario franchise for many years and he has always wanted to recreate the single-player gameplay that you get from the game for multiple players. With just about every Mario project he's worked on, he starts out with some kind of multiplayer functionality, but it usually doesn't come to fruition.

6:18 p.m.: Bill Trinen and two other members of NOA Treehouse take the stage and begin playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii while Miyamoto talks about it.

6:17 p.m.: He's going to start today by talking in more detail about New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort and then Zelda DS. And when that's done, he'll answer some questions from the audience.

6:16 p.m.: He likes working on programs like these and he will, after E3, go back to Japan and do more of that kind of work, he says.

6:16 p.m.: "I kind of had this idea that it'd be great if you could carry your Nintendo DS with you as you made your way around town to your daily activities." Basically, as you go through the city, you'd get details about the various areas you're in, including shopping centers, etc. This is an idea he's been interested in for a while and has started to employ some of it in Japan already.

6:15 p.m.: "Actually, there's another project that's been taking a lot of time my time lately, but it's a very enjoyable project." he says. He adds that quite a few of us own a DS, but maybe don't carry it around with us on a daily basis.

6:14 p.m.: "And I'm involved in a lot of the games that we're showing here at the show. And our staff is a little smaller than usual thanks in part to the fear of Swine Flu. It's okay if I get sick, but some of the other guys, no," he says.

6:13 p.m.: "Actually, I've just been so busy for quite a while now. In actuality, from my hotel I'm sending e-mails to programmers back in Japan during my time here," he says.

6:13 p.m.: Miyamoto says he's going to begin talking and does. "I'm very lucky this year. I wasn't up on the stage during the briefing today so I'm in a very relaxed mood," he jokes.

6:12 p.m.: He introduces Shigeru Miyamoto, who takes the stage. Bill Trinen from NOA sits right in front of us and I give him a sexy massage on his shoulder. He winks at me. It's completely on.

6:11 p.m.: The room is quieter. But no Miyamoto. Now it's awkwardly quiet. Tim O'Leary from the Treehouse at Nintendo of America is tonight's host and translator. He reiterates no photography or video. He also says it in Japanese just in case.

6:10 p.m.: I do not yet see any puppeteering peripheral, but am not ruling it out.

6:09 p.m.: No video or photography allowed, by the way, so if you're reading this, not happening. You're going to have to rely on my detailed, vivid descriptions.

6:08 p.m.: Matt and Craig here. Craig is fiddling with his iPhone. This thing was supposed to start already, but it took longer checking in or setting up or doing something and the end result is this delay. People are still piling in. Shigeru Miyamoto has not yet made his appearance. And we saw New Super Mario Bros. Wii idling on one of the TVs up front, which suggests he's probably going to be talking about that one for a bit. We also spotted a DS, though. Maybe there's some kind of link between the games? Wishful thinking.

6:06 p.m.: Matty-boy and Craig sit down. The show hasn't started, but the LiveBlog of Awesomeness has. And here we go...

5:50 p.m.: T-Minus ten minutes, everyone. People are coming into the room, getting settled. Notebooks out, pencils at the ready. Craig forgot his #2.

5:25 p.m.: Matty Boy and Craig have left IGN's war room and headed to the roundtable room, to prepare for the coming meeting of the minds. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a little hyped here -- remember that Pikmin 3 got confirmed at the equivalent event last year, and Smash Bros. Brawl was revealed under similar circumstances a few years back too.

Edited by SHADIC360©

NSMBWii made SMG 2 delayed to 2010, but its very, very far in completion.

Wii Sports Resort time.

Yay! Finally something from E3 I can follow!

Right now he's talking about Sports Resort. Mario Bros Wii looks like a sure purchase for me. Galaxy, nice that it's gonna be more than 90% new.

Ooh sword fighting in Sports Resort! That's pretty cool.

He says WSR is challenging, hard, and a workout.

Hes playing Golf.

Looks simalir to the original, but now with M+.

lol golf. Just like Wii Sports, only more accurate. Boring! Show us some Zelda or something! XP

^ You mean tell Zelda Wii on the blog. Remeber, no vids or photos.

The island location will now be called Mii Island XD.

^ I meant Miyamoto showing them the game, then they can write about it. Silly. =P

Apparently he treats locations like characters. O...k?

Hotel mystery game?

Hes using a hotel mystery game as an example.

LOZ: Spirit Tracks time!

Hes playing the same dungeon(i think) that was on the E3 Trailer.

There we go! Zelda! I told you. =P

Its not new though :P.

^ Yeah, well I knew he'd at least mention it.

Spirit Tracks = Ghosts and Trains. oyay.

New Zelda Wii art! Link "more grown-up than ever before". I'm intrigued. =O