Awoo.

Star Wars

This is just mind blowing! So you will be able to meet and greet BB-8 at Disney parks in the future, but how the hell did they do it?!

• Thumbs Up 3

Apparently it's a toy company that made the BB-8 prop.....OH MY GOD SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT I CAN HAVE ONE YES PLEASE.

No but seriously, make a toy one.

Yeah it's definitely something with magnets, but it's still impressive as hell! I definitely want a BB-8 toy now, though I bet they will sell like hotcakes once the movie comes out. XD;;

I'm surprised the technique for the drive system was that simple. I knew the head would have something to do with magnets though.

Well I just got out of Age of Ultron (which was awesome, by the way), but I was a bit miffed that the trailer for The Force Awakens was the one we first saw in December and not the new one, as I was led to believe.

• 2 weeks later...

NC had done a review of the Ewoks 1985 Cartoon.

Really? Just now or sometime in the past? I've only seen his review of the Holiday Special and his Top 11 Good Things About The Prequels video.

Also, what happened to Star Wars: Detours since it's announcement in 2012?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqslieMkcI

Is that still a thing or did fan backlash over it's comedic tone cause a cancellation?

• 2 months later...

Christopher Miller and Phil Lord to Helm Han Solo Anthology Film

The duo behind The LEGO Movie will direct an early tale of the smuggler-turned-hero, with a screenplay by Lawrence and Jon Kasdan.

The next adventure in the Anthology series of Star Wars films will be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, whose credits include the critically acclaimed The LEGO Movie and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, as well as 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street. Among the most sought-after filmmakers working today, the two have proven a formidable duo on the multiple films they’ve collaborated on and are looking forward to applying their unique creative chemistry to the Star Wars universe.

“This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with. We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us. This is a dream come true for us. And not the kind of dream where you’re late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you’ve loved since before you can remember having dreams at all.”

The screenplay is written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan. The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.

Lawrence Kasdan, the writer and director known for Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Big Chill, and Grand Canyon, is familiar to Star Wars fans for having co-written the screenplays for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens. His son Jon Kasdan wrote and directed The First Time, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, and In the Land of Women, as well as writing for the television series Freaks and Geeks and Dawson’s Creek.

“We’re so excited to be working with Chris and Phil, who will bring a fresh new dimension to the Star Wars universe,” said the Kasdans. “They’re two of the smartest, funniest and most original filmmakers around, and the ideal choice to tell the story of Han Solo, one of the coolest characters in the galaxy.”  

Kathleen Kennedy, who will be producing, says she can’t wait to discover what’s in store from these two extraordinary teams of directors and writers.

“It’s not just any filmmaker who can tell the story of such a beloved icon like Han Solo, and I’m excited to say we’ve found the perfect team to handle the task. Larry and Jon know all there is to know about the character, and Chris and Phil will bring their wit, style, energy and heart to tell Han’s story.”

Slated for a May 25, 2018 release, the film will be executive produced by Lawrence Kasdan and Jason McGatlin and co-produced by Will Allegra.

Sounds cool. Wonder who they'll get to play Han? Anthony Ingruber already played a young Ford in Age of Adaline and he definitely looks the part

379649_407855792661089_1221425024_n.jpg

Don't know how good of an actor the guy is, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm so on board with this Han Solo film! I'm always down with more Star Wars and now that Phil Lord and Chris Miller are directing this movie, sign me up!

I can't help but wonder if it'll be as outlandishly comedic as Lord and Miller's other works or if it'll be comedic with some serious moments to balance it out.

Either way, I'm pretty curious to see how this will come out.

While I haven't been that huge a fan of Lord & Millers previous films, I can see why others like them and I do at the very least respect them as competent filmmakers, so I will be optimistic about this spin off.

I guess we'll get to see Solo's homeworld, Corellia, and Solo's early career in the Imperial Navy, which I'm sure will cover his subsequent dropping out (complete with sardonic remarks).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

star_wars_poster_full.0.0.jpg

Drew Struzan, the artist behind the prequel film posters and many other famous films, has made a promo poster for The Force Awakens that was revealed at D23 today! It looks stunning, can't wait for what the final poster will look like.

I guess we'll get to see Solo's homeworld, Corellia, and Solo's early career in the Imperial Navy, which I'm sure will cover his subsequent dropping out (complete with sardonic remarks).

That would be absolutely wonderful because, as a huge fan of both Anakin and Han, I wish to know the backgrounds of both of them as thoroughly as possible. The prequels have already given me insight into what Anakin's life was like, so now it only makes proper sense that the new trilogy should take a chance at exploring the life and roots of Han Solo.

I knew their was a topic about Star Wars somewhere on the SSMB. Anyway I actually was a big Star Wars fan back in the day when I was little of course. But not so much nowadays. But I am trying to back into the series. I have seen only one of the movies which is Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith. And of course I am looking forward to the next installment Star Wars Episode 7 The Force Awakens. Which I am going to go see on day one, when it comes out! Out of all the movies Revenge of the Sith is my favorite. Why well because I like it for it's awesome battle scenes and it's awesome lightsaber duels. And also the fact it tells the story of how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. In my opinion this is the best out of the Star Wars prequels. Also I played a lot of the Star Wars video games! I remember a lot of them I played like Star Wars Republic Commando, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 and some others that I can't remember. Now my favorite Star Wars character/s well that's a tough one. I have to say Yoda and General Grievous are my favorite characters! I like Yoda because he's fast when he fights in combat and he's one of the most powerful Jedi! As for General Grievous I like him because he just looks cool! I mean the guy has four arms to battle Jedi and destroy Clones which makes him almost unstoppable! Which is awesome in my opinion. So I guess that's all have to say in terms my memories with Star Wars and what I love about it.

I can't wait for the next episode to come out! It's going to be awesome! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, but I think that looks really bad. Han looks completely out of place in it. The black guy's lightsaber does not go along with the rest of his outfit as that isn't even a Jedi's outfit; he'd look much better with a gun, honestly. And the "crossguard" lightsaber looks as stupid as usual.

I have very low expectations for this movie. The prequels were trash, but this makes them look great. This whole movie is just a shameless cash-in; the Star Wars had already been concluded well enough.

Edited by Diesel

I think it looks God awful.

Harrison Ford looks like an 80s E-fit picture from a police reconstruction.

Girl looks like she's been plucked from a missing person campaign.

There really isn't anything exciting about it. It's literally just "OK everybody. Stand here holding light sabres and all pull a serious face for no reason".

yeah, I get everyone's just getting hype because of the fact it's Star Wars at all, but that poster's really not... Everyone in the same basic pose, boring composition with everyone just standing there, etc.

I mean, compare to the most famous SW poster-

Star_wars_old.jpg

Simpler and more striking. Vader dominates the composition, but is set to the background, just being menacing. Luke and Leia's poses contrast with one another. Both are posed more dynamically than "standing". Composition's off kilter to the right enough to raise interest. The negative space's filled with ships and the Death Star, but they're faded.

Overall both simpler and more striking than this one.

Well, I don't know guys, but I wouldn't want to be overly judgmental until I've actually sat in the theater and watched the entire film for the very first time.

You know how they say: "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover", right? Well, in this case I might as well say that you shouldn't judge the performances of all the actors and scriptwriters by a single little poster.

Well, I don't know guys, but I wouldn't want to be overly judgmental until I've actually sat in the theater and watched the entire film for the very first time.

You know how they say: "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover", right? Well, in this case I might as well say that you shouldn't judge the performances of all the actors and scriptwriters by a single little poster.

Can we have a new rule? 

You cannot use the line "it's too early to judge" or "you cannot judge a book by its cover" unless you understand what it means or have some idea what people are talking about?

Since you last posted the following has not happened.

1: People have said the actors are doing a shit job.

2: People have said 'The movie is shit.'

3: People have made any judgements on the movie.

What however has happened is the following.

1: People have said that the poster looks terrible.

How is that passing judgement on the actors or the movie?

Really. I'm aprehensive as fuck about the movie and am dreading the absurd overhype going on, but as far as that post goes, I was just saying "man that's a lame poster"

People have said that the poster looks terrible. How is that passing judgement on the actors or the movie?

Well, there was actually somebody above your last post who said the following statement: "I have very low expectations for this movie. The prequels were trash, but this makes them look great. This whole movie is just a shameless cash-in" in reaction to seeing that poster. So I interpreted that reaction as judging the whole unreleased film by the single promotional poster.

If I misinterpreted then I'm sorry, but that's what it felt like.

Anyways, I'm convinced that Harrison Ford will do his best to not disappoint the fans on camera.