Awoo.

So, how was the promotion for this game?

Badnik Mechanic

danicarconferencelo-1266178216.jpg

What do you mean it's in the wrong place?

Edit: OH IN GAME HAHAHA

Edited by Autosaver

The game is now Sonic & Danica Patrick Racing Transformed after this commercial.

This ad is a joke. 3 seconds of gameplay WAAHH!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

SEGA really dropped the ball with promoting this game in pretty much every way except Wreck-It-Ralph. I truly don't understand what they were thinking with the Danica stuff. It's probably a fucking miracle they made a Wii U version of the game because I imagine the PS3 and 360 versions are for the most part sitting on the shelves because nobody knows about it...

But for Europe? We have to wait until 2013 to see it!

For Germany, it's in Theaters in December.

SEGA really dropped the ball with promoting this game in pretty much every way except Wreck-It-Ralph. I truly don't understand what they were thinking with the Danica stuff. It's probably a fucking miracle they made a Wii U version of the game because I imagine the PS3 and 360 versions are for the most part sitting on the shelves because nobody knows about it...

I woudn't VG or TSSZ for that matter. Wait till the NPD data

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Z7UKCP3M8

ASRT is promoted to the max in this interview. We learn a lot about ASRT. We learn... that Danica is in "Sonic, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed" We learn that. Green Apples will make you a better voice actor. And that Danica had to do a lot to get into character... of herself.

However she has a cool Sonic shirt on which is cool, it's Sonic... look, you can just barely see the logo.

Theres also this one from Gamer Hub.

It's not a bad interview, but she's really just repeating a press release. I still don't know why she's in the game or why this promotion has been done.

Does anyone else get the feeling that even Danica doesn't know why she's in the game?

Does anyone else get the feeling that even Danica doesn't know why she's in the game?

Money money money money money

Danica_Patrick_2.jpg

What I'm annoyed about is all the ASRT advertising with Danica Patrick. Cool she's a guest character and all but they're treating it like it's her game and not about Sonic and the other SEGA characters. How many people are actually buying this game cause she's a guest character?

Edited by sonfan1984

Doctor MK said he saw the UK TV advertisement for the game the other day. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I doubt Danica would be promoted in a UK ad. Hopefully someone will be able to catch it and post it up on YouTube.

I actually just saw the ad with the craaaazy kids on E4. It's a shame they waste time with those reaction shots instead of showing as much gameplay as possible.

It's 20 seconds long, only this person decided to add a terrible remix at the end for some reason.

However, it makes the game look so much more exciting and interesting than the DanA-vert.

Some stats.

DanA-vert length: 33 Seconds.

Kids & their teeth advert: just under 20 seconds.

Game play footage shown In DanA-vert: Less than 5 seconds.

Gameplay footage shown in teeth: Around 8 (very hard to keep track of without putting it in a video edit software.

Number of characters shown in DanA-vert: 3 (4 if you include AiAi's costume).

Number of characters shown in Teeth: very hard to tell due to all the jump cuts, but it looks like it's just under the starting roster.

Number of Tracks shown in DanA-Vert: 2.

Number of tracks shown in Teeth: 3 (Nights course appears for a split second)

Most number of players shown on screen at once in DanA-Vert: 2

Most number of players shown on screen at once in teeth: 6.

So despite being 13 seconds shorter than the DanA-vert. The UK advert beats it in terms of everything when it comes to actually showing off the game and it's main features. The tracks in the UK/crazy kids and their teeth look like they're full of people racing and races actually look exciting.

Other things to note is that the UK one actually tells people how many tracksthere are whereas the US doesn't.

It's just... just... It's just so shit. Just.... ... ... Ladies and Gentlemen... It's been gone a while... but now is the time to please welcome back...

THE COOLWALL!

coolwallasrt.png

Now again, I'm stressing, this doesn't symbolise either Danica or the game, this symbolises the promotion for this game, or rather the lack of and how poor it's been in my opinion. It's just... bad.

But wait... whats this? A 3 and a half min long news segment on the game!? With Danica actually telling people about all it's features and good points!? That actually makes the game sound good!

What could possibly go wrong! .... .... .... How about the bit at the end... where the news anchor more or less slags off every other videogame out there/games which are violent by calling them all lowsy... the stereotype.

Edit: just noticed the segment shows gameplay footage... of Danica only...

• Thumbs Up 5

These adverts (and the Danica stuff) finally popping up now has me thinking that SEGA were waiting for the Christmas shopping period (and after the new CoD's hype died down a bit) to really start promoting the game.

A lot of parents are going to see these adverts as well as that Danica news segment, which should help sales a fair bit as they buy it for their kids. Not to mention the lower price.

Edited by Clisp

Well, they could take Danica for a spin with this award winning commercial formula...

All Stars Footage

Danica Footage

DUBSTEP

Did anyone else just get an email from Game which was pretty much 'Buy ASRT now!'

If you're a subscriber to the game newsletter, they'll often send you out emails/adverts for various games, just had a huge one dedicated to ASRT.

• 2 months later...

Let's compare the amount of views of the

to
on youtube at the time of this posting.

Wreck-It Ralph Trailer views: 250,545

Danica Patrick Trailer Views: 62,208

Now who should have the promotion focused on and what does this tell you?    

Edit: Sega America's Danica Patrick Trailer is so obscure that it doesn't come up whenever I search for it on the youtube search bar. 

Edited by Kareemadeem