Awoo.

HipHopGamer Hears from E3 Reps: Nintendo has Considered Purchasing SEGA

Autosaver

I can think of far worse fates.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Gadgets and Gizmos

Build lego cars at the speed of sound!

Might get a bitching Chao Garden game tho'. I kind of like Viva Pinata.

Yeah. Money, approval from parents and a place to put it. We don't have anywhere to put it that my mom wouldn't flip out over because she can see the wires or whatever.

All that means is you'd have to wait a few years until you can move out, get a job and do your own thing, by which time you'd have one heck of a Sonic back catalogue waiting for you. I know that in this day and age of "WANT IT NOW" that's kind of a dick thing to suggest, but sacrifices have to be made sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

well

not wanting to pay for a $300 console for one series of games sounds like a reason.

Yeah, that too. Not to mention I'd be doing exactly what Nintendo wants me to do, which is to look at what was once my favorite franchise and realize that "the only way I can experience it again is to buy a Nintendo console". And then I buy one and they get money and have me in their pocket. No thanks.

All that means is you'd have to wait a few years until you can move out, get a job and do your own thing, by which time you'd have one heck of a Sonic back catalogue waiting for you. I know that in this day and age of "WANT IT NOW" that's kind of a dick thing to suggest, but sacrifices have to be made sometimes.

Yeah, true. But the biggest reason is the one I described in this post, which I didn't mention earlier because I didn't know how to say it.

Edited by Frogging101

I have no problem buying Nintendo's consoles, heck, I was a Ninty kid growing up. It's just that alot of Nintendo's philosophies and decisions haven't really gelled with me since the start of the 7th Gen, mainly with their choice of staying behind in terms of hardware power rather than offering something similar in power to the competitors like they did with their previous consoles such as the Gamecube. Don't get me wrong, their games are still top notch, and I'm sure Sonic would do well with them, but I'm always curious to see what Sonic games could look like on the latest tech each generation, and if this purchase were to happen, I'd never see what a PS4 or NeXtbox Sonic game would even look like.

[/inb4 graphics whore and I should feel bad] im just curious dammit

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm honestly feeling torn about this, if indeed this is true. But assuming that it is true, Sega being sold to Nintendo would make Sonic (and the other franchises) first-party again, and I know there are a lot of people who aren't fond of Nintendo's consoles. Sega currently being third party makes their franchises expendable reaching an wider audience via Microsoft, Sony, Steam and Nintendo. Sega being under Nintendo would change that, being exclusive to them only. And I can't see that going well, especially those that don't have any Nintendo consoles or don't want to have them even. I personally don't mind having Nintendo consoles; they suit me just fine for the most part (as I am not completely sold on the Wii U at this point in time). If it wasn't for Sonic Generations I probably would of never bought an Xbox 360 in the first place to be honest.

That is my only complaint about Nintendo having Sega and specifically Sonic under their wing; otherwise I am sure they would take good care of all of them as they have the funds and resources to do so if they wanted to. The potential for excellent games for the Sega franchises could be huge! wink.png

Nevertheless, I would rather see Nintendo buy Sega if that is the only option, rather than see Sega self-destruct and disappear into obilvion where we aren't left with anything from them at all, especially Sonic.

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure why not wanting to fork over money for a Nintendo console just to play Sonic games is such a hard concept to understand.

And again, this info pretty much amounts to "My uncle works at Nintendo"

We might as well be taking all those Dreamcast 2 videos seriously while we're at it.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Elf

stupid ones, sounds like

Now you're insulting me with absolutely no basis other than "it sounds stupid". I seriously thought you were better than that. How about you fuck off?

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the Nintendo of today would really put Sega's stuff to much better use than Sega already is. The Wii U just came out and the only games out of Nintendo with their gaggle of legendary developers are The Same Super Mario Brothers and a pack of 6 versions of pac man vs. with a bunch of other mini games. What the hell has Nintendo's internal development been doing?

I like Sega being multi-platform, thank you very much.

With the way they like to fuck themselves over, who knows how much longer they'll last, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now you're insulting me with absolutely no basis other than "it sounds stupid". I seriously thought you were better than that. How about you fuck off?

the basis is making a console purchase sound like selling your soul to satan

if you don't wanna buy the console that's fine dude, and i can get being disappointed that games you want don't come out for things you own/plan to buy...

but "my principles!" and the paranoid rant aren't making you look good dude

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't think the Nintendo of today would really put Sega's stuff to much better use than Sega already is. The Wii U just came out and the only games out of Nintendo with their gaggle of legendary developers are The Same Super Mario Brothers and a pack of 6 versions of pac man vs. with a bunch of other mini games. What the hell has Nintendo's internal development been doing?

Making good games and taking their time on making their amazing games? You know, instead of just shitting them out whether they're done or not, like SEGA likes to do. Though, to be fair, I think Sonic '06 was a deterrent to that idiotic behavior.

If this is actually true then yay! I'm already a Nintendo fan and I plan on buying the Wii U eventually anyway. I'd most certainly love to see Sega see a new day rather than be crippled due to debt, and what better way to stay afloat than to be a part of Nintendo. Dunno what I'd do with my Xbox though, since Sega games were my main reasons for getting the console.

well

not wanting to pay for a $300 console for one series of games sounds like a reason.

That's not a really an obstacle; that's you essentially deciding that console and one series isn't worth your money. That's all fine and dandy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and lament that you'll never be able to play certain games ever, games that you can actually afford and find but in reality don't think are worth it. Frogging's actual given reason for not owning a Nintendo console is far more empathetic than that.

Dreamcast 2!!!!!11!

Staff Edit: Please include more content than that in posts, thanks! =)

Edited by ^DiZMas^

the basis is making a console purchase sound like selling your soul to satan

But you didn't attack my presentation of my thoughts, you attacked the principles behind them. Which you have no basis for doing. Sure, maybe the way I said it was a bit dramatic but the point I'm trying to make is that I don't want to support Nintendo's practice of attracting customers to their consoles by making the games exclusive to them. Some part of me is against the concept.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'd rather Sonic stay multi-platform. I gave up on Nintendo after the Wii. I'd more than likely give up on the series if they became Nintendo exclusive..

Exactly how I feel...

Eh...I don't think this is true.

However, if it is, I wouldn't mind one bit seeing as how I usually go for Nintendo consoles anyway.

Frogger, please calm down. I really don't want this to turn ugly. It is just the internet, it really isn't worth getting angry for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Every console maker uses exclusive games and features to entice people to buy that specific console. Otherwise, they're not being competitive.

You win for now because I can't come up with anything coherent at this time. Your logic is sound and what you say is reasonable. Thank you (I don't know why, but thank you).

Frogger, please calm down. I really don't want this to turn ugly. It is just the internet, it really isn't worth getting angry for.

Oh I'm not angry (I don't think). This won't turn ugly. It is the Internet, pretty cool place. Cool topic, don't think most of us would have found this if you hadn't pointed it out.

Edited by Frogging101