Awoo.

Nurse treating The Duchess Of Cambridge has committed suicide.

Stacy

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/royal-baby-hoax-woman-found-dead-152003916.html#HdF0Qdp

As you may or not know the Duke and Duchess are expecting their first child and the Duchess has come down with a rare type of morning sickness the press being the parasites that they are having a field day.

Anyway two Australian DJ's contacted the Hospital the Duchess is being treat Impersonated the Queen and Charles The Prince of Wales to find more info about her condition the nurse possibly quite naively believed them and gave them some info which of course leaked to the rest of world and now the said Nurse has be found dead of an apparent Suicide.

If Suicide was cause by this hoax I hope these DJ's lose their jobs and her family sue their arses.sleep.png

I mean what a bunch of selfish pricks, a family is now without a Daughter and possibly a Mother near Christmas of all times, I hope they are proud of themselves!dry.png

Seriously why won't the press stop and give the royal couple a bit of leeway. It has been announced she is pregnant now fuck off. It would help if people stop reading their tabloid OK magazine celebrity shite for a start.

I don't often get in the whole *insert farnsworth I don't want to live on this planet anymore image here* mindset but goddamn.

I really, really loathe celebrity culture. I just hope, whether it was the DJs or their superiors, whoever is responsible for this prank gets justice. It was a terrible thing to do BEFORE the suicide.

(Though honestly the nurse in question must have had some pre-existing issues for that to tip her over the edge, honestly).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

This woman was already in a terrible mental state to even consider suicide as an option. I'm not condoning what these DJs did, and if they have any humanity they'll feel guilty as sin (as will any higher-ups who gave the nurse a lashing for her actions despite being blameless), but to what extent can you legally punish these guys?

"If" is the keyword here. she could've been suffering some severe emotional stress and just masking it and the punishment the hospital gave her could've been the breaking point.

Usually a normal person would've just felt embarrassed and taken the punishment even if it was just a firing. I think there was more factors then the DJ prank here.

Eesh. Condolences go out to her family. Bet the DJs are suffering too, they couldn't have reasonably foreseen this ever happening.

They jeopardized her career and reputation for the sake of their own and I am pissed off that very little thought went into that. Even if she didn't take her own life, they could of ruined her.sleep.png

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

The BBC's Nicholas Witchell said it had been suggested to him that she had felt "very lonely and confused" as a result of what had happened.

The St James's Palace statement said the duke and duchess "were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time".

A palace spokesman later added that "at no point did the palace complain to the hospital about the incident".

"On the contrary, we offered our full and heartfelt support to the nurses involved and hospital staff at all times."

In a statement outside the hospital, King Edward VII chief executive John Lofthouse said: "We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital.

The duchess left the hospital on Thursday

"The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time."

From BBC News.

Come on, guys. Think about this properly. It was a prank call. A totally innocent prank call. The exact sort you've probably made at some point. They took it a bit far in not hanging up when they started getting info, but nobody could have ever predicted this outcome. It's the hospital's fault for not briefing staff properly. Especially when dealing with Royalty.

The Problem with pranks is that they go can wrong and how could the hospital possibly know about the prank call? Its a royal hospital it takes care of the Royals on a regular basis I don't think they could of been more prepared. sleep.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Come on, guys. Think about this properly. It was a prank call. A totally innocent prank call.

Bullshit. They may not have intended to do harm in the way they did, but surely someone should have thought that perhaps pretending to be the monarchy of England at such a time for the royal family just might have caused at least something to go wrong?

• Thumbs Up 5

The Problem with pranks is that they go can wrong and how did the hospital know about the prank call? Its a royal hospital it takes care of the Royals on a regular basis I don't think they could of been more prepared. sleep.png

Clearly they could have been more prepared. The nurse in question wasn't English, and if they were more prepared none of the staff would have come anywhere close to giving out information.

Bullshit. They may not have intended to do harm in the way they did, but surely someone should have thought that perhaps pretending to be the monarchy of England at such a time for the royal family just might have caused at least something to go wrong?

Not buying that at all. The hospital should have had better measures in place. No prank call should ever have been able to get to that stage.Furthermore, absolutely nobody could have anticipated an outcome like this. The DJs shouldn't have made the call, but fuck off should they be in huge amounts of trouble. How fair do you think it would be to punish them severely if this nurse hadn't decided to take her life?

Edited by Blue Blood

Clearly they could have been more prepared. The nurse in question wasn't English, and if they were more prepared none of the staff would have come anywhere close to giving out information.

Granted they could of had people watching the phones. I still think the Radio station should take some of the blame for this.

I get sick of all this media obsession over them yes they are young Royal couple, but the media shouldn't be so parasitic. Its not like are media whores like Jordan and Peter Andre who want the media attention all the time.sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean what a bunch of selfish pricks, a family is now without a Daughter and possibly a Mother near Christmas of all times, I hope they are proud of themselves!dry.png

I think the news said that she does have 2 kids...

I can't really say much else in this thread that wouldn't contain lots of rage and cursing. The fact is, what people say to one another does effect the will to go on in life. Yet people are still too fucking dense to see that. I've been bullied for almost over 20 fucking years and wanted to stop living.

And who the hell even does pranks anymore? Their shit and they've always been shit, and no Blue Blood, I've never made a prank phone call because I don't and have never gotten off on making others suffer. Even Bart Simpson doesn't do it anymore, although that was one of the things that made the show funny originally...

I still can't stand to look at the faces of those two long haired, fuzzy faced pricks that did that prank phone call a couple of years back. Granted, I never liked them to begin with.

Yeah, yeah...blah blah blah, there could've been more going on that we don't know, but it still pisses me off!!

And yeah, right. All hospital staff now need extra training on the off chance that the royal family might drop by, which is rare enough as is, since you don't often hear about them getting sick. Which I would argue, isn't news worthy anyway.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't really say much else in this thread that wouldn't contain lots of rage and cursing. The fact is, what people say to one another does effect the will to go on in life. Yet people are still too fucking dense to see that. I've been bullied for almost over 20 fucking years and wanted to stop living.

And who the hell even does pranks anymore? Their shit and they've always been shit, and no Blue Blood, I've never made a prank phone call because I don't and have never gotten off on making others suffer.

I was going to post but this pretty much summed up my thoughts. Not everyone is mentally strong enough to cope with such events and until something on a similar scale happens to us as individuals, I don't feel we can say whether or not even we would be able to pull through it. And yeah, I've never made a prank call in my life either~ I know what it's like to be made to feel like shit for someone's amusement. unsure.png

Regardless though, I feel really bad that this series of events has cost someone their life (albeit self-inflicted, it still caused it to some degree) and my sympathies go out to all affected. sad.png

• Thumbs Up 4

The female DJ (Jackie O) has been on radio for years.. She always seems to be involved in drama.. the devils advocate if you will. If you remember a couple of years ago when a female called into a show for some contest and said she had been raped and the male DJ asked her if that was her first time? Well Jackie O was the co-host to that show.

Something else had happened before that also..

The radio station that carried out the prank has decided that the best way to help resolve the issue is to completely remove their facebook page... It might have something to do with the fact they've been flooded with angry people calling for the DJ's to be sacked and saying that they have blood on their hands...

I for one find it hard to disagree with the mob.

The two DJ's in question have also deleted their twitter and facebook accounts... it might also have something to do with the fact that they're also being told they have blood on their hands from complete strangers.

Real mess this is, what with the frenzy around this pregnancy announcement (which, in itself already had me peeved. Who announces this early into a pregnancy?) now eerily mirroring the paparazzi mob circumstances that lead to Princess Diana's death. I wonder if the media will lay the fuck off the royal family and give them their privacy, especially now that it may have possibly cost another person their life.

That said, like others have mentioned, I doubt we'll ever really know what happened to cause her to choose this exit, but the fallout surrounding that prank call may have been the final straw. I heard the tape, and was just as stunned at how easily those DJs got through to the duchess' floor while also receiving info on her treatment. The hospital might have chewed out both her AND the other nurse for taking the call, as patient privacy is top priority, royal or not. She may have been given a severe warning with the possibility of suspension or termination. Especially in light of how aggressively the royal palace went after the tabloids for those nude photos taken with a telephoto lens.

There's also the possibility that she may have been harassed immediately after by the media/paparazzi alike. If that type of mob frenzy is stressful for the royals or anyone else consistently in the public eye, it must have been hell for a normal person like her, especially given the possible scrutiny she may have faced for not vetting the call. Especially now in this modern, social media world that we now live in - her full name, address, and other details must have been pulled up and scanned through in a matter of hours after this all went down.

I feel really bad for her family in light of this, especially being so close to Christmas and all.

Finally, I might get some flak for this - but I think in light of the situation, the DJs did the right thing by taking a leave of absence in light of this tragedy. Staying on the air in the mist of this would be just rude, but I won't lie. I thought the call was funny, but stupid as well. I would go as far to say that they shouldn't have done it, but if not them, someone else may very well have and we still might be talking about an unfortunate death.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the news said that she does have 2 kids...

And who the hell even does pranks anymore? Their shit and they've always been shit, and no Blue Blood, I've never made a prank phone call because I don't and have never gotten off on making others suffer. Even Bart Simpson doesn't do it anymore, although that was one of the things that made the show funny originally...

I still can't stand to look at the faces of those two long haired, fuzzy faced pricks that did that prank phone call a couple of years back. Granted, I never liked them to begin with.

Yeah, yeah...blah blah blah, there could've been more going on that we don't know, but it still pisses me off!!

And yeah, right. All hospital staff now need extra training on the off chance that the royal family might drop by, which is rare enough as is, since you don't often hear about them getting sick. Which I would argue, isn't news worthy anyway.

You sound like your just looking for blood when your not open to any other factors but that its all the DJs faults. God knows what kind of mental hell this woman's life was before this. and like I said, Usually a normal person would've just felt embarrassed and gotten over it with time, not a sane person immediately jump to "Kill yourself" for an exit out of a stressful situation under any circumstances especially when you have kids to take care of.

She wasn't sane, she was sick and she was probably hiding her pain from the rest of world. this incident was just a final straw that broke her. it was unpredicted side effect and the DJ's shouldn't be at fault, their intent was not to have somebody kill themself but to just play a joke. unfortunately, the wrong person answered the phone that day...

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

I heard an update about this matter on the radio just now, enclosing details like the DJs being completely crushed and being offered psychological treatment.

This whole situation is just one big example of how things can go terribly wrong, and the sad part is that it was all just intended for a laugh. I fully support the nurse, and I am sad that she disappeared before she could read all of the support (I at least assume there was) being sent to her, which may have helped prevent the outcome.

As for the DJs, they brought it too far. I have to admit that I did find the first part of the prank funny, however inappropriate that might have been, but they definitely should have stopped before any information was revealed. They should know the severity of broadcasting such sensitive private information and thus potentially spreading it over the entire world, and this was even royalty. They were carried away, which is human, and by not recognizing that things go wrong, they have to face consequences, who knows what, but we do know that these two have been temporarily suspended from the show and have been scarred for life due to the incident. I noticed on the BBC site that they previously, accident or not but seemingly unintentionally, had a girl reveal being raped. If the DJs do return to their show, they should learn by then more how to prevent private information being broadcast like that.

I do not express hate towards any part. I would like to claim that it is much easier for outsiders to foresee what bad can come out of it, especially in the heat of the event. My sincerest condolences go to everyone who knew the nurse. May she rest in peace. I may not be widely supported by this, but I am also worried about the two DJs involved and hope for the best, as they are certainly not going through happy times right now. I sincerely hope they won't heavily consider suicide as well, and I mention this because I really think it might be a recurring thought to them. It is truly a tragedy, and I wish for the best outcome.

• Thumbs Up 3

You sound like your just looking for blood when your not open to any other factors but that its all the DJs faults. God knows what kind of mental hell this woman's life was before this. and like I said, Usually a normal person would've just felt embarrassed and gotten over it with time, not a sane person immediately jump to "Kill yourself" for an exit out of a stressful situation under any circumstances especially when you have kids to take care of.

She wasn't sane, she was sick and she was probably hiding her pain from the rest of world. this incident was just a final straw that broke her. it was unpredicted side effect and the DJ's shouldn't be at fault, their intent was not to have somebody kill themself but to just play a joke. unfortunately, the wrong person answered the phone that day...

This is no excuse.

That place is a hospital, she was a nurse treating people who needed her help.

When has it ever been a good idea to ever prank call a hospital?

The DJ's, the radio station, everyone who thought it was a good idea to play this prank all share the blood of this woman on their hands. What part of this idea did they think was good? 'Lets call a hospital pretending to be relatives of someone and then broadcast it to the world.'

Anyone remember that lady who did the Jesus painting, know what happened to her? She ended up having to go into hospital due to the stress caused by the media reaction over it. Shit like this always backfires because you take normal people and skyrocket them to a level of attention that they've never wanted or have anything to level against it. Furthermore, given the nature of this call, that being a prank, add on top of that the obvious humiliation this woman must have felt, she must have been going through absolute hell for those two days whilst a radio station in Australia hi-fived each other on a job well done.

In fact has anyone seen their facebook page! It's absolutely shocking. Here are some of their official posts...

9 hours ago they posted the following.

hi everyone for the likes and we hope that you's have a good christmas

can you's help us reach 2,000 likes by the end of 2012:)

if all you people dont like our show dont comment just unlike us and thats it, dont comment all this junk, it was a prank

The following was then posted 9 hours ago...

this is to all the people who is posting things on our page this prank call was ment to be a joke but ended very hurtful to people all over the world we didnt mean for the nurse to die it was a joke but ended wrong dont hate for what was in the past how do you think the dj's are feeling:(

Well guys, there we've been doing this all wrong, we should have been considering what the DJ's were feeling... Fuck them.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait? What?

Are you saying anyone with clinical depression, bi-polar disorder or any other mental illness is not sane? Do you even know what a normal person is? Who the hell decided what a normal person is??

Who am I kidding, I don't care. The point is, in the scientific world, there is no such thing as insanity. No medical condition that has that label. It's similar to psychosis, which the lacking in intelligence would've said "psycho" when referring to somebody not acting "normal." When Psychosis is a condition that involves delusions or hallucination.

And yes, I probably would sound like I'm out for blood, considering I've had to put up with my own being laughed at shit for 20 fucking years!!

But that's not your fault. tongue.png

Anyway two Australian DJ's contacted the Hospital the Duchess is being treat Impersonated the Queen and Charles The Prince of Wales to find more info about her condition the nurse possibly quite naively believed them and gave them some info which of course leaked to the rest of world and now the said Nurse has be found dead of an apparent Suicide.

This actually sounds like the opposite. Maybe they could have pulled some laughs from this, but really, what the way you put it sounds like is that they were actually concerned for the Duchess and wanted to know more about what's happening, and couldn't get knowledge through typical journalism. It's an assholish way to get information on someone in such a state, but I really don't see any other use for the call. I mean, if you call someone saying you're the Queen of England, it's either they find out it's a prank call immediately or you're legitimately impersonating her for unfunny reasons. Plus, how can they to decide who answers the phone? They didn't know any of the staff working with the Duchess, and I don't think they would know a nurse on a personal level just because she answered the phone.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest

I'm not sure which side in this debate I take. Yeah the guys are assholes, and a lady ended up committing suicide. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it certainly won't be the last.

On the other hand, well, these guys are assholes.

This actually sounds like the opposite. Maybe they could have pulled some laughs from this, but really, what the way you put it sounds like is that they were actually concerned for the Duchess and wanted to know more about what's happening, and couldn't get knowledge through typical journalism. It's an assholish way to get information on someone in such a state, but I really don't see any other use for the call. I mean, if you call someone saying you're the Queen of England, it's either they find out it's a prank call immediately or you're legitimately impersonating her for unfunny reasons. Plus, how can they to decide who answers the phone? They didn't know any of the staff working with the Duchess, and I don't think they would know a nurse on a personal level just because she answered the phone.

Dude read the rest of my posts, sorry that it comes across as they still used the prank to get information from the nurse that is what I meant by that. smile.png

Edited by BW199148