Awoo.

Dark Souls 2: "Let DLC be granted so the money might be extended..."

Badnik Mechanic

BHbnoryCYAA8_5I.jpg

Release date: March 2014.

PC, Xbox 360, PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJaJ5ys_G0

Edit: Trailer keeps being removed. No point trying to replace it until one is officially released.

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!

Announced at the VGA awards and somehow kept a secret from everybody. Dark Souls 2 is in production and.... looks radically different from both Demons Souls and Dark souls.

Prepare to die again SSMB!

Official Website: http://www.darksoulsii.com/agegate.php

Confirmed platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, PC.

praise_the_sun_by_isvoc-d4d3r9x.png

Why Dark Souls 2 though? Serious question.

I'm getting the Super Mario Galaxy mentality here that this will be nothing but a super glorified expansion pack, especially with the eerily short notice between the last game and this one, and also the Prepare To Die Edition.

In fact it's only been a year.

• Thumbs Up 2

I agree, it threw me for six when I saw it, Dark Souls came out in 2011, Prepare to Die DLC came out last month.... no release date or console choices though... I can't see this not being on the PS360 so.... late 2013 or mid 2014?

Well that looked awesome.

Honestly, just got Demon's Souls about a week ago now and it's the first time I've played or have seen it. I've been insanely addicted to it and was just thinking about returning to gamestop to pick up Dark Souls since I heard it's the spiritual successor, and now this pops up? I feel like I could've have picked better timing haha.

So yeah, color me excited and I'll probably keep a constant eye on this.

How much does a liver in excellent condition go for in ebay, nowadays? I have to finance my habits here.

Because Namco Bandai.

Gotta milk the only JRPG they have that sells in the west. Not that I'm complaining.

I agree, it threw me for six when I saw it, Dark Souls came out in 2011, Prepare to Die DLC came out last month.... no release date or console choices though... I can't see this not being on the PS360 so.... late 2013 or mid 2014?

Prequel/sequel lets them reuse a shitload of assets. Plus DarkS came out in 2011 so assuming they started immediately on this that'd mean a 2 year dev cycle which is fairly normal.

But if it's going to 2014 it better have a PS4 version too.

If this turned out to be Wii-U exclusive I'll probably laugh awkwardly.

If that happens I'll send a topic lock request! =p

I'm getting the Super Mario Galaxy mentality here that this will be nothing but a super glorified expansion pack, especially with the eerily short notice between the last game and this one, and also the Prepare To Die Edition.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were only two years apart. Why is this so strange?

Namco would put out Dark Souls II-f six months later, PS4 exclusive with a shitload of extra content and it'd actually sell twice as good as the original despite being a late port.

And then after 3 years of begging it'd come to the west.

I'd be pretty mad because From seriously needs some more powerful hardware to use.

And by the way the video's gone.

I kinda doubt it, but I would like to see it on Wii U, simply because I want to see everyone's Mii-verse drawings for a game like this.

I'll check this out. Hopefully if they port it to PC it'll be handled somewhat competently this time.

Edited by Solly

Didn't find the topic until the video was removed, but hey, awesome. Pretty fitting that I just picked Dark Souls back up myself, and Demon's Souls, of course, was excellent. Can't wait to hear more.

Edited by Chris-T-Mas: The Revenge

PC confirmed then. Hopefully it's not going to need an extra few months before its release, or a 20-minute fan patch to fix the resolution.

I'm also really hoping for a way to summon friends instead of just randoms. I wanna slay monsters and die alongside friends, dammit. Instead I've gotta do a bunch of nonsense with summon stones, which is cool if you just wanna get help briefly, but it doesn't offer a way to play with specific people. Dark Souls is a rare example of a game that doesn't sacrifice its universe's lore, even for the sake of making a better game.

At first, I thought this was a game that was trying to copy Dark Souls. I kept placing similarities between them: The undead, how the masked enemies reminded me of Pinwheel, and that swagtastic armor. I wonder what the point of the girl was, and all the massive nigh-unkillable stuff thrown in. I hope they stooped down for a wider audience, but regardless I squealed like a little bitch when I saw Dark Souls II pop up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Press Release.

SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 7, 2012 – Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today proudly announces that the critically acclaimed Dark Souls™ saga marches forward with Dark Souls™ II, currently in development at FromSoftware in Tokyo, Japan. Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

“Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series,” says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey.”

“This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series,” says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. “The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.”

More details surrounding Dark Souls II will become available in the months leading to its release. Begin your Dark Souls II journey at www.DarkSoulsII.com or join the Dark Souls II conversation on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/DARKSOULS or follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/Filthierich

Official Website now live: http://www.darksoulsii.com/agegate.php

PC version is... .. ... Games For Windows Live... .. .. .

For some raisin I'm not surprised it isn't for the Wii U. I don't know if I should feel bad for Wii U users or not.... at one point, they are missing out on a great game... on another.... they are saving themselves the rage that comes with playing games like DS

PC version is... .. ... Games For Windows Live... .. .. .

2e17v9k.jpg

Why do some developers insist on using this service? Is it really cheap or something? I swear to god, the game's being released on Steam, a much better service.

The trailer music sounded very Kota Hoshino-ish, with the shrill, eerie vocals and subtle guitar chords. I'd be thrilled if he's composing the soundtrack for this game.

If Kota Hoshino was composing the soundtrack to this game I'd pull a Sonic 4 and preorder the game on every console.

Common guys, it's not hard, if the trailer gets pulled from Youtube it's surely been posted on Dailymotion.

http://www.dailymoti...=2#.UML1vIPAd8E

2e17v9k.jpg

Why do some developers insist on using this service? Is it really cheap or something? I swear to god, the game's being released on Steam, a much better service.

Bamco only needs to run one server for XBL and Windows Live.

OK, now serious talk. The guy in the trailer, he was wielding two blades, something Knights of Carim are known for... Though in his case he seems to be using arrows he rips from his back as an offhand weapon. I think this game isn't taking place after Dark Souls, the undead curse is still in effect. Right at the end we see Kalameet, who probably died in Oolacile.

That isn't the real gwenevere in the trailer is it?

Some news on the game.

It seems that Demon's Souls and Dark Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki is only supervising this time, handing over the reigns to Tomohiro Shibuya. Furthermore, the classic multiplayer dynamic is going to be tweaked as well.

Hey Sean there some possibility, i know sounds very well to thinking but who know? i need to try both Dark Souls and Demon Souls too.