Awoo.

The Blaze Paradox.

doctorwho13

Well after much stressful thinking, I believe I've come up with an almost bulletproof explanation on Blaze! With a minor problem...
So! to begin, Blaze is from 200 years in the future, Silver and Blaze are friends, they go back in time to kill Sonic and stop solaris. Then stuff happens and they go back to the future, Silver tries to absorb Solaris and fails so Blaze steps in and does so. She absorbs Solaris and transports herself to another dimension(Marine's universe) Where she becomes a princess.(They made some old man in a balloon king of Oz, I think they'd make some girl who appeared out of nowhere and commands the fires of Hell the leader of something.) Sonic and whats her face destroy Solaris before anything happened so the whole game never happened, but it still did, no matter what you say it DID happen, it was just erased, time travel, complicated. So Blaze never absorbed Solaris(but, she still did) Now, she is in another universe, and the laws of physics in one universe cannot affect anything in a different universe. So Blaze was not affected at all when Sonic destroyed Solaris, because she was not in that universe and not affected by whatever happened in it. So now we have two Blazes, one who did absorb Solaris and went into another dimension, and one who didn't and is living a normal life in a non-destroyed future. The Sol emeralds are fragments of Solaris's power that Blaze purged from her body because it was too powerfull, which is why when Blaze gathers them she can go super sayian and unlock more of Solaris's power that is inside her.(So i think it would be cool if there is a game where she stays super too long and Solaris escapes.) Now, here's the problem, according to the end of Sonic 06 and some bits of Sonic Generations, it seemes anyone who time traveled retained their memories even though that game never hapened. Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, some other people time traveled and they all seemed to retain their memories, Elise did not time travel and in the end of Sonic 06 she clearly did not remember anything. So now we have two Blazes who both have the same memories. We have the original Blaze, Silver's friend, the one in the alternate dimension, who DID live through Sonic06, and the Blaze who did NOT live through Sonic 06 yet still haves the memories of a life that never was. So, like which one do we use? I mean Silver's got two girlfriends now, and the Blaze in the future will have the same personality and someone like that will not just let herself sit and do nothing, she's gonna find a way to Sonic's time. And then Marine's brain will probably literally explode from all this.

So what do you guys think? Did this at least make sense and sound plausible? If wish to post your thoughts feel free! smile.png

Edited by doctorwho13

............................................................................................................................................................ What?

• Thumbs Up 2

The whole "Blaze goes to Rush world" theory's been debunked by Iizuka. He said that Blaze was always from her world, she didn't originate from the future of Sonic's world. You can look at the mess in one of these ways :

1. Sonic 06 never happened. The game, for all intents and purposes, was never conceived. The Rush and Rivals series (and I guess Secret Rings) happen in it's place. There could be a place in her world that's exactly like Crisis City, explaining her quote in Generations.

2. If you wish to believe that 06 is canon (lord knows why), the Blaze you see is really a figment of Silver's imagination. Look at page 10 of the "overthinking things" thread for more info.

Edited by Santa Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

And then Marine's brain will probably literally explode from all this.

I know mine just did after reading this.

Sonic 06 never happened. Trust me it's the best solution.

Edited by Silent Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Time travel wink.png tee-hee

... meaning? You'll have to be more clear, I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Edited by Santa Attaxx

Look, I'd like to say there's a reasonable canonical explanation for some of the things that happen in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06, but why should we have to try and work our way around Sonic Team's fetish for plotholes? These things shouldn't even exist in the first place to be worked out!

Edited by -Mr. Freeze-

I tend to think her referencing Crisis City was just Sega's way of trolling fans who care about continuity in the series.

Because let's face it, they love doing it on occasion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's my explanation for Blaze's quote about Crisis City in Sonic Generations:

It's just a (pointless) reference to her (equally pointless) role in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006); nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's just a meta thing.

the canon Blaze (from Sonic Rush) had to represent both Sonic '06 and Sonic Rush in Sonic Generations, but only Sonic Rush affects her and the cast's characterization.

Edited by Anti Alias

Sonic '06 was the equivalent of Sleeping Beauty, so Silver and Blaze met "once upon a dream", while Cream, Cheese and Marine are the three fairies and Eggman Nega is Maleficent, but without the awesome dragon transformation.

I don't know, I gave up rationalising it a long time ago.

• Thumbs Up 4

The "Other dimension" seen in Sonic Rush Adventure is actually the future.

That's my explanation at least.

I think it's pretty much crystal clear that Sonic Team literally do not care about the contradiction in Blaze's backstory. Like Eggman Nega's two backstories, it probably originated as a result of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. There isn't a canon explanation because it was just a huge mistake, and there never will be a canon explanation because they have nothing to say about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure Rush Adventure makes it clear that Blaze's world is not merely the future of Sonic's world (i.e. the Power of the Stars that keep the two dimensions separate). Also, given Sonic's status as a world famous hero, you'd think someone who's read a history book would wonder why a long dead hero is running around now. Not to metion, Silver doesn't show up at all, despite the hi-jinks of Nega.

Edited by Santa Attaxx

except is not.

directly from Iizuka himself.

except is not.

directly from Iizuka himself.

DAMN IT Iizuka.

Oh well. Chalk it up to shitty writing I guess.

Edited by Wreath

So! to begin, Blaze is from 200 years in the future,
Wrong. In everything but '06, Blaze is said to be from another dimension. Her official backstory has nothing to do with the future of Sonic's world.

The Sol emeralds are fragments of Solaris's power that Blaze purged from her body
Wrong, they are alternate universe counterparts to the Chaos emeralds.

Now, here's the problem, according to the end of Sonic 06 and some bits of Sonic Generations, it seemes anyone who time traveled retained their memories even though that game never hapened.
Proof?

Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, some other people time traveled and they all seemed to retain their memories,
Proof?

Elise did not time travel and in the end of Sonic 06 she clearly did not remember anything.
She time travels at the end of the game, to blow out the flame that becomes Solaris.

And if Blaze did retain her memories, she would have known Sonic in Rush. She does not.

Simple, alternate reality self.

Give everyone else one, and this is exactly what I think.

Eggman Nega is a lying cheating bastard that wanted to destroy the world, so it's safe to assume the possibility that he's might have given out the wrong information, also hiding things, while trying to battle the secrets of Space-time travel himself. The Sonic Rivals Nega said he was Eggman's descendant, while working against the doctor, but in Rush, no such connection was made, and they worked together under the guise they are interdimensional counterparts. Nega is hiding something, because what people know about his relationship with Eggman seems to dictate his plan of action with (or against) him.

In Sonic Rush Adventure, we get a look into Blaze's world. It has many islands, reminiscent of Acts from the Genesis games. Most relevant to discussion is Machine Labyrinth, which I find akin to Chemical Plant. Machine Island is an island factory, run entirely on coal and steam power. The level structure is very similar, and Eggpawns are littered across the island. This island is relevant in particular for confirming the distance between Blaze's time (Any time where Blaze was alive in one dimension) and Sonic's time (Times where Sonic is alive in one dimension). '06 Blaze is in the future, Sonic is in the present. Rush Blaze is in the present, so that must mean there's a Sonic in the past.

This would imply that there are absolute counterparts of everyone else, too. The Chaotix were problem sleuths in the Victorian era, while Marine tries to make it by in a shattered future. Metal Sonic is run on coal and has trains for shoes, while Johnny is a rogue robot roaming the wastes, searching for someone who can actually race him and not just levitate themselves like a loop-hole abusing prick.

That's my batshit insane theory about this, but it works.

Steampunk Chemical Plant =/= Blaze lives in the future.

And again, if Sonic lived a long time ago in Blaze's world, how come no-one bats an eye at seeing a guy who lived two centuries ago walking around? Is history not taught in this world's schools?

EDIT: Also, Marine living in a shattered future? The "future" looks pretty damn cheery to me!

Edited by Santa Attaxx

... meaning? You'll have to be more clear, I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

Oh, that was supposed to be a reply to the other guy. You posted too soon.XD