Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

Playstation Plus has come a long way since it was introduced a few years ago. Following E3 2012 the service got a major update, giving subscribers several full retail games to download, and several of these have been very popular titles that have done very well in reviews and popular opinion.

So with that in mind I thought it would be a good idea if we had a thread fo keep track of the EU & US PSN+ updates and whats on offer as well as any opportunities to get free day trials

I won't be including every single discount or free trial as there are just too many to keep tabs on. So this will mainly be free content as well as anything of interest. All games listed are free to download unless stated otherwise.

Due to the fact the EU/US side changes at different times. Just check my latest post in this topic for what the current deals are.

• Thumbs Up 2

I had PS Plus for a year. Then it ran out in August 2012 (I think) and I forgot to renew it, which would have been at a slightly reduced price. So I will go for the 30 day free trial, especially with all the Christmas offers going around.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

So is it EU exclusive or what?

It seems like it.

I did look this stuff up and I didn't see anything about the US.

Just a heads up.

71un0JL6WfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lego Batman (PSP & Vita version) Is now free for PSN+ Users, this wasn't announced in the December Update or the January one so it looks like an extra suprise. You'll need to use the search to find it as it's not on the store yet. Mortal Kombat is also live as is Knytt Underground. However the unlock code can't be purchased/downloaded just yet.

Not sure if Lego Batman is just an EU thing or if it's going to be live in America too. Someone will need to check that one out.

LEGO Batman being on all EU countries is most likely an error. It's the replacement game for those countries that can't get MK due to retarded bans.

Looks like they noticed the mistake, Lego Batman is no longer free.

Though for the substitute game, this is really bad, not saying that the game is terrible but, a PSP/PS2 era game over a PS3/Vita title? Erm... why?

I'm a little confused HogFather. You said the game is a PSP/PSVita title but you linked a picture of Lego Batman. The game never came out for PSVita and the one that did was the sequel.

I'm a little confused HogFather. You said the game is a PSP/PSVita title but you linked a picture of Lego Batman. The game never came out for PSVita and the one that did was the sequel.

The description on the store says it's compatible with the Vita and the PSP. So I assume it's one of those PSP games that'll run on the Vita no problem. So I guess if you don't own a Vita you can still play this game via a PSP.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the heads up - already started Limbo, and got Vanquish downloading as I type. I'm really enjoying Limbo - eerily brilliant, though a couple of hazards have been slightly cheap. I can see why it was so raved about on release.

Edited by Covskin

Ehm, question: i'm european and i have an european account, but i haven't got how to take the 30 days free trial. The link in the first post brings me to Facebook strandard homepage.

Ehm, question: i'm european and i have an european account, but i haven't got how to take the 30 days free trial. The link in the first post brings me to Facebook strandard homepage.

it still works for me, daft question but are you logged in to facebook?

Also the site on facebook is called 'Playstation Access' you can spot the link on their main facebook page, was posed on December 19th.

Gives you early access to games.

Gives you discounts on games/DLC. (lately these have been very good discounts).

Give you access to Betas.

Lets you have 2GB of online save storage (1GB for PS3, 1GB for Vita (I love this feature so much)).

Lets you auto sync trophies/patch downloads (though almost nobody uses this).

Gives you free themes/avatars.

Also theres an exclusive playstation home space you can go in but there is never anyone in there and it's never updated.

Also I think PSN+ users get more game trials too.

Discounts and online save storage are really the only things that appeal to me. I may try a few months just to see if I find it worth it.

it still works for me, daft question but are you logged in to facebook?

Also the site on facebook is called 'Playstation Access' you can spot the link on their main facebook page, was posed on December 19th.

I have a Facebook account and i used the option on the connection between it and my PSN account (mostly for showing trophies). The link however, while i see it has Playstation Access in the title, it redirect me always on the standard Facebook homepage. And i tried to search for Playstation Access, but all that i found was an application that doesn't work :/

I don't know what to suggest then. Italy is definately listed in one of the countries on it.

Unless you make a new facebook account and then try. But it's definately still live and Italy is listed.

Just to let you know: i really don't know how i did it, but it seems i obtained my 30 days free trial code. So yeah, with this i personally achieved the fact that i will play all the inFamous games (at this point at least) completely free :D

So, I thought I'd download LittleBigPlanet2 - its pretty much half the size of Vanquish, so I decided to give it priority.

Now I realise all the patches mean I'm pretty much downloading the difference anyway.

Remember when you first got a new game and you could play the game straight away? I miss those days.

Also, completed Limbo yesterday, amazing stuff. That's been worth the subscription on its own.

Remember when you first got a new game and you could play the game straight away? I miss those days.

But in those days if something like a glitch was found or if the creators wanted to ad something new to the game you would have to buy an expansion pack or just a new version every year like Street Fighter 2.

The patches may take a shit load of time to download, but they are there for a reason. If you just want to play the game right away you can always skip the patches.

I also miss the days where I put a cartridge in my Master System and played right away, but having a better game experience is worth the time of the patch download.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've just started to play Mutant Blob Attacks which I got free,

So, I thought I'd download LittleBigPlanet2 - its pretty much half the size of Vanquish, so I decided to give it priority.

I think I still have Little Big Planet 2 on my system, if you make a level for the 50 plays, let me know and I'll play it if I still have it installed.

I also played and beat this game recently, have to say, last weeks patch which added cross controler support was a bit stupid 1GB and it added a bunch of bugs too. Nothing major, just annoying things, like when playing in a multiplayer game, you can't move your head anymore... why?

But I really enjoyed Little Big Planet 2, couldn't believe that was a free game considering everything thats there in that game. Well actually I do know why, they're hoping you'll buy the DLC.

Oh yeah, go onto the community and search for 'Dancing on the cieling' you'll get 2 trophies from the muppet pack, even though you don't have to download the DLC =p

Also, go play my level, it's called 'After Darkness' it's not the greatest stage ever, but if you liked Limbo i think you'll like my stage.