Awoo.

What Was Your Favorite Part About Sonic 06?

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

Ok, I know, I know. You are probably all wondering"Why the heck is this guy asking this?!"Well, there were some GOOD parts about 06 to me. I am sure there was at least one thing you guys like about it too despite it being bad-decent. I myself personally liked Sonic 06, heck I still PLAY 06 despite other good Sonic games I have. Anyways onto the question, what was your favorite part in Sonic 06? Personally mine was the music and I also like playing through Crisis City with Sonic, it is actually a challenge cheap or not. I personally found that level having the best difficulty of all Sonic levels out there.

Discuss!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Tamaki Kawazoe <3

• Indigo Rush

• CrownSlayers Shadow

I never played it *shot*, but I saw the cutscenes were pretty good. I also might be the ONLY one here that actually liked the plot of the game. Also the music, EPIC AS HELL!

Edited by JTW

Though I prefer his cartoony look, it was interesting to see what Eggman looked like as a (somewhat) realistic human. He was very suave and stylish in the game, though he did a lot less than I hoped he would...

The opening cutscene was pretty good, some of the music was good, and the LP is hilarious.

S'all crap aside from that.

Let's see...

Well, I didn't pick up this game until last year because of the shocking reviews, only to find I really liked it...

The cutscenes were good, the plot wasn't bad either (except for the obvious... revival... scene, that still bugs me) and Silver's gameplay was very entertaining

I never played it *shot*, but I saw the cutscenes were pretty good. I also might be the ONLY one here that actually liked the plot of the game. Also the music, EPIC AS HELL!

No, you're not the only one. I happened to like that game's storyline, as well. I happen to be a huge fan of storylines that involve dark, sinister, and manipulative villains who try to destroy the world (like Super Paper Mario, for example). Also, I REALLY don't think this game is as bad as people say it is. Lots of people complain about it being "glitchy and unplayable", and whenever I read comments like that, I always think things like, "Are we playing the same game here, or what?". Sonic, Shadow, Silver, and Blaze's gameplay were fine for the most part. Mostly everyone else's (especially Knuckles'), I hated.

Edited by Scorch

The LP, and Shadow kicking Silver (Why did Silver try to punch him when he has telekinesis?)

It also resulted in

I love the Purple Gem. The only time Sonic can go past Silver's parts in Kingdom Valley. XD

I also liked Mephiles. He was one of the most amazing villains in a Sonic game! I also kind of liked the story no matter what people say, it was decent enough.

The Sonic x Elise kissing scene! :lol:

Ok, seriously, I like the scene with Sonic jumping off the pieces of the Egg Carrier when it's destroyed.

Mephiles' entire character.

The character development for Team Dark.

Edited by Razorsaw

Y'know I really don't understand why people like Mephy. His design switches between a Shadow recolor (and Shadow isn't exactly a unique design anyway) and a Shadow recolor with severe frostbite, his plan is needlessly meandering, his motives are both vague and generic, and honestly the only thing he did that was even remotely interesting to me was the vaguely exorcist-esque head spinning at the end of Shadow's story.

He just seems like the most pointless, one-dimensional villain the series has ever had. Doom at least had the sense to be cheesy to the point of being a joke; Mephy's just boring as shit.

Definitely Sonic's gameplay. His speed was perfect, and the levels were designed excellently to accommodate his controls.

In response to Scorch, working from the assumption that the main reason for this game's demise was its glitches, your mindset is what determines if you'll like this game. If you're a heavy, "into-it" gamer who goes on gaming websites and plays over Xbox Live, you'll probably start swearing at your TV when Sonic gets stuck for a couple of seconds and decide you hate the game. If you're a more laid-back, play-games-for-the-enjoyment gamer, such as myself, you'll go "huh" at the same event, and 5 seconds later you'll forget it ever happened.

Exaggeration was used, but I think that's the basis for the conflicting opinions on this game. It's natural that critics and more heavy gamers would dislike the game while less rigid gamers would enjoy it.

Y'know I really don't understand why people like Mephy. His design switches between a Shadow recolor (and Shadow isn't exactly a unique design anyway) and a Shadow recolor with severe frostbite, his plan is needlessly meandering, his motives are both vague and generic, and honestly the only thing he did that was even remotely interesting to me was the vaguely exorcist-esque head spinning at the end of Shadow's story.

He just seems like the most pointless, one-dimensional villain the series has ever had. Doom at least had the sense to be cheesy to the point of being a joke; Mephy's just boring as shit.

I agree with all of this.

Mephiles is a boring, generic villain whose popularity in the fanbase is something I'll never be able to understand.

When I removed it from my 360s DVD tray.

I didn't get far -- it never gave me the chance. I'm sorry to say it was simply unplayable.

I agree with all of this.

Mephiles is a boring, generic villain whose popularity in the fanbase is something I'll never be able to understand.

Just come off it, they have their reasons for liking the character, however bland or generic you feel he is.

Just come off it, they have their reasons for liking the character, however bland or generic you feel he is.
Yeah, and I'm asking what they are.

We've got as much right to express our dislike of a character as anyone has to express their like of one. And I think asking why people feel the way they do is a perfectly valid question.

So I don't know what the hell you think you're defending here.

My reasons for liking Mephiles? Let's see:

-He's a cold and ruthless villain with no sense of compassion whatsoever.

-He's completely psychotic.

-He's cunning and manipulative (as he showed when he tricked Silver into fighting with Sonic.)

-The various abilties he has in battle (he even managed to kill Sonic with one of them, something not even Robotnik has done).

Edited by Scorch

For my reason of why I like Mephiles, well I like the way his second form looks(with crystals)and his laugh is just bad-ass if you just ask me!

His motivation is there. It's not overtly stated, and it's not something they're going to beat you over the head with and EXPLICITLY give the reasons for like with Gerald and most other villains. But it's there, it's presented, and it's not as obscure or pulled from the ether as some people accuse his fans of.

Look at his anger towards humans and what he's constantly pushing Shadow into doing in regards to humanity. He's meant to play off Shadow explicitly in being an experiment who was wronged by and is vengeful towards humans - a more malevolent expression of what Shadow was capable of. He allows Shadow the chance to confront something LIKE himself with a similar past and tempt him back to the dark side... and then give him a chance to show that he's not going to do that anymore, and also create the situation that allows the creators to show the friendship between him, Omega, and Rouge.

And for Shadow, he and Iblis give them an opponent that absolutely invokes destruction. No one morally grey like Eggman, but with Mephiles, not completely ravenous and monstrous. Mephiles has a personality and a mind and speaks to people, unlike Chaos or Dark Gaia (which worked in their respective games, I just like the difference). He's all the armageddon with Dan Green's best vocal performance as a Sonic character.

As for the recolorness; it works since parallelism is part of the root of his character. And the icyness of his colorscheme and his transformation, combined with his lack of a mouth and his zombie-like movements at times take the familiar and make it disturbing. It's the uncomfortableness of the doppleganger, basically.

Sonic 06's plot has promise in places, and it's mostly a trainwreck due to the inevitable consequence that comes with ALL time travel stories, but I think Mephiles is a strong character on his own.

The storyline, while overly complicated, still had an epic feel to it. I'd like a medium between 06 with some cracks like Unleashed, to be honest.

The music was PERFECT for a 3D Sonic game. I want the next Sonic game to have music like 06...while Unleashed's music grew on me...Sonic 06 still has the BEST music out of any of the 3D Sonic games IMO.

And, aside from some buggy parts, I rather liked Kingdom Valley. The mach-speed sequence, while nothing AMAZING and had it's own glitchy horrid parts...was quite gorgeous in style.

A game with GOREGOUS graphics like Unleashed and even the same style, but with more epicness like 06. A medium between 06 and Unleashed I think would be perfect, to be honest. In speed, storyline, music, etc.

EDIT: The way Sonic ran too. I hate how his head doesn't bob in Unleashed like it does in any of the other games. :/

Edited by Roffles

[

He seems to be popular among the Asian artists, because I'll wander into their fansite and art galleries and see him in a lot of jokes and stuff.

His spooky demeanor is the only reason to like him. It's a shame that the fans made him into a much better character then he really is.

20081229231317.jpg

His motivation is there. It's not overtly stated, and it's not something they're going to beat you over the head with and EXPLICITLY give the reasons for like with Gerald and most other villains. But it's there, it's presented, and it's not as obscure or pulled from the ether as some people accuse his fans of.
You say that, but don't tell us what it is or link to something that does. What is his motivation?