Awoo.

Sonic Transformed in the Steam

Woun

I'll look out for the disco ball the next time I get my hands on the Wii U version but I'm almost certain the textures are the same as the PS3 version.

I just checked on YT. The Wii U and 360 versions have a perfect disco ball, while the PS3 just a black ball... Geez.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just checked on YT. The Wii U and 360 versions have a perfect disco ball, while the PS3 just a black ball... Geez.

Crap, I forgot about YouTube.

Crap, I forgot about YouTube.

Hahaha how could XD Oh man, I just re-read my last post, that sounded a little... weird.

New stuff and effects I noted down:

Rogue's Landing- a lot more busier now, the Hydra fires it's Moonstone cannon destroying the island on the third lap. Reckham the Arcwhale has alot more detail on it.

Graveyard Gig- The large monitor in the Concert hall area now display Zobio and Zobiko's wedding in action

Sanctuary Falls- alot more added pillars that crumble and fall.

Dream Valley- EVERYTHING, the textures are now extremely well detailed ,

Burning Depths- The dolphin in the tank now actually swims instead of bobbing in their I think theirs more destruction going on too.

Anyone got anything to add?

I swear I don't remember the Dolphin actually leaping out of the water while you're boating through the tank too, so there's that.

I can't wait until the PS4 and Xbox 720 are revealed, so we can finally have an accurate disco ball simulation. 

Gonna park under that jank and jam it out like it's 1970's Trousers Mode.

Edited by Indigo Rush

The PS3 shows a black ball, while the Vita shows the disco ball. Something's wrong here... D=

I can't wait until the PS4 and Xbox 720 are revealed, so we can finally have an accurate disco ball simulation. 

Gonna park under that jank and jam it out like it's 1970's Trousers Mode.

I know you're mocking me, but if Sumo really wants to release a patch in the future to fix the biggest issues (mostly collision related), they should fix the little issues as well. I know it sounds nitpicking, but I think is worth complaining for a better game in all consoles, isn't it?

Edited by Jango

I know you're mocking me, but if Sumo really wants to release a patch in the future to fix the biggest issues (mostly collision related), they should fix the little issues as well. I know it sounds nitpicking, but I think is worth complaining for a better game in all consoles, isn't it?

You've gotta remember patching on the PC is a lot easier. I'm not sure on Sony but I know Microsoft charge stupid amounts for a patch. So you may not get that patch.

Edited by DarkOverord

They developed a Patch for the Wii U version separately with no issue but, who knows if that's really going to be viable with the other consoles.

They developed a Patch for the Wii U version separately with no issue but, who knows if that's really going to be viable with the other consoles.

I believe someone was quoted saying Nintendo's patching system is actually fairly good in comparison no? I doubt Sony's is too bad either. But I know there's some huge figures involved with patching on the 360.

You've gotta remember patching on the PC is a lot easier. I'm not sure on Sony but I know Microsoft charge stupid amounts for a patch. So you may not get that patch.

Sumo and Sega together must have interest of publishing this patch though. Especially Sega because they will be the ones paying Sumo for this. Unless Sumo agrees to patch the game for free for Sega.

The PS3 shows a black ball, while the Vita shows the disco ball. Something's wrong here... D=

This might sound crazy but...

Sumo originally said the Wii U would have better textures because it has more RAM.

The PS3 has 256MB Ram

The Vita has 512MB Ram

Connection?

Sumo originally said the Wii U would have better textures because it has more RAM.

The PS3 has 256MB Ram

The Vita has 512MB Ram

Connection?

Sounds legit. But then, as expected the Vita's disco ball is not all that amazing. =/

uHOGy5C.jpg

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

I found an empty replay folder in the data directory. What's the point of it? Were replays a canned feature?

• Thumbs Up 1

The PS3 has 256MB Ram

The Vita has 512MB Ram

Connection?

I'm not sure about that. The 360 has 512 shared RAM over the PS3's has 512 that has 256 locked off to system only. I'm fairly sure the disco ball is a texturing error considering.

I love how it all comes back to that Disco Ball :P

You've clearly not spotted a lot of the extra things we've snuck into the PC version, especially now it doesn't kill the framerate like it did on the consoles :)

---

S0L

---

I'm a little late with this as I only noticed it yesterday, but I don't think it's been mentioned here yet. S0L posted this a few days ago on the Steam discussion board for S&ASRT:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/discussions/0/864958451428051722/

I haven't tried the online yet, but I heard there were some issues with it so I'm glad they're fixing it and being so transparent about it and actually communicating with us. It's pretty awesome. Thanks S0L!

Also, if anyone (like me) was having trouble getting the game to run at higher resolutions (I didn't get any options above 1280x720), go to the SART folder in "My Documents". There should be a config file in there where you can manually set the resolution. It's running great on my old 1080i TV now biggrin.png

Edited by Frogging101

I love how it all comes back to that Disco Ball tongue.png

You've clearly not spotted a lot of the extra things we've snuck into the PC version, especially now it doesn't kill the framerate like it did on the consoles smile.png

---

S0L

---

Disco balls are important, S0L, write it down :U

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually... I just found out that the Metal Sonic + OutRun DLC should be available on Friday! I still don't know how, but there you go :P

Why SUMO Digital? I'm actually not sure. At one point we were going to be called Big Monster Games (in fact I still have the original logo somewhere) but I think it was too close to someone elses name...

...I'll ask the boss next time he's around :)

As for Banjo, that was a one time only deal and only for the original All-Stars Racing. There is a story behind that I'll tell one day...

...and that's it. No more! Thread is over!

Obviously we couldn't have made this thread what it is without all of you. If there were no questions, there couldn't have been answers. If there wasn't the passion on both sides, the game probably would have been a very different beast. If I had free time, I could point to quite a few examples in the final game that only happened due to questions or suggestions in this very thread. But I can't, as I don't have that much free time, which is why we're wrapping this up :)

It's been a fun ride... Hopefully it won't be too long before we can do it all again.

All the best,

Steve "S0L" Lycett

hmmm look at the first quote, the threat is coming!

bad news :( metal sonic/outrun bay has been delayed till next wedsnday because of the alien colonial marines conspiracy

because of all the trouble surrounding aliens, they dont have enough time to release something good, appaerently their guys are all tied up with that debacle

edit: to be precise

DLC Update (Metal Sonic + OutRun)
Very quickly, I've just heard from SEGA this is now going to be released on Wednesday. Apparently they've been tied up with something on Aliens: Colonial Marines...

Sorry gang, if we could push it live we would, but SEGA control the store pages!

---
S0L
---
Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1