Awoo.

ScrewAttack's "Death Battle" Series

goku262002

Pretty awesome series. My favorite death battle is Mario Vs. Sonic as of right now. I still need to watch Goku Vs. Superman!

It's the only good thing left on ScrewAttack, and I used to be a regular member there before I joined SSMB.

Not to go off-topic, but I miss the old ScrewAttack staff, anyways...

inb4 Mario vs Sonic for those who didn't watch it:

Freaking love Death Battle and how they actually do a lot of research on the two fighters about to battle. So far my favorite death battle is the spiderman vs batman episode that ish was epic (the Mario vs Sonic one was pretty good too)

Edited by AceZX02

Pretty awesome series. My favorite death battle is Mario Vs. Sonic as of right now. I still need to watch Goku Vs. Superman!

Do that now! It's probably the best fight they've ever done and the best fight I've ever seen.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love Death Battle. The only match-up I've seen that disappointed me was Master Chief vs Doomguy, since Doomguy in the video behaved like a slow-moving Terminator, which is ridiculous to anyone who's played Doom and run circles around the legions of hell (which is frequently the only way to survive).

Goku vs Superman blew my socks off. Though I'm glad I only checked the site once every few weeks instead of showing up every day to complain about delays, like some people. Hehe.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Goku vs Superman vid... fully lived up to the hype.

Might start looking at DBZ Abridged...

How in the hell are they gonna top Goku vs Superman?!

Well there's bound to be other match ups that have the potential to be interesting (just off the top of my head, something like Mega Man vs. Samus or something could be fun to see). Though yeah Goku vs. Superman is probably gonna be one of their highpoint match-ups, since its probably one of the bigger match ups like Mario vs, Sonic, not to mention they really seem to put alot of effort into gathering all the data for the match beforehand.

I quite liked the fight though, even if I kinda expected Superman to win from the beginning (Goku's fate was sealed as soon as he destroyed the Kryptonite though... :V). Admittedly I was more surprised that they shifted over to making the battles with 3D models instead of sprites. Kinda wonder if this'll be what they do for all following battles or if it was a special thing for this particular one.

Also I liked the reference back to the Vegeta and Shadow fight at the start :V.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also regarding Goku vs Superman:

Superman pretty much had the sun with him the entire fight. So that helped him I guess. But shouldn't have Zenkai mattered in the fight?

Superman pretty much had the sun with him the entire fight. So that helped him I guess. But shouldn't have Zenkai mattered in the fight?

Zenkais stopped mattering to Goku (and pretty much everyone else) after the Frieza Saga. As a concept they were pretty much introduced in that saga and then dropped afterwards (the in-universe explanation being either that they were happening but not making much of a difference in power, or weren't happening cause they already reached Super Saiyan. I forget which is the right one...) except for when Cell came back to life after self-destructing. Honestly the Zenkais were just a cheap way to have everyone's power build up during the Frieza Saga without having them take time out to do any training anyways (and it was abused for all it was worth too).

All that, and the fact that Goku only really healed once during the fight (and pretty much at the start too), meant that it probably didn't even really factor in the on the fight.

Death Battle's a pretty great series. Who hasn't imagined who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku or Sonic and Mario? It takes that imagination, and brings it to life using actual science and math, and then plays out the battle, which is awesome. I don't really watch it that often, but the most recent two I've seen is Batman vs. Spider-Man and Superman vs. Goku. Batman vs. Spider-Man was good, even though I disagree with the winner of that one >:U They did have decent enough reasoning for that, what with no preparation and whatever. Superman vs. Goku was fantastic, though. My jaw was on the floor by the end of that.

Death Battle's a pretty great series. Who hasn't imagined who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku or Sonic and Mario? It takes that imagination, and brings it to life using actual science and math, and then plays out the battle, which is awesome. I don't really watch it that often, but the most recent two I've seen is Batman vs. Spider-Man and Superman vs. Goku. Batman vs. Spider-Man was good, even though I disagree with the winner of that one >:U They did have decent enough reasoning for that, what with no preparation and whatever. Superman vs. Goku was fantastic, though. My jaw was on the floor by the end of that.

I was peeved about Batman losing, too, but come to think of it Batman generally fails to maintain the upper hand whenever he's pitted against a brand new villain he's had no chance to study or prepare for. Batman then making a comeback and completely wiping the floor with said villain is kind of his schtick.

But with the first fight being to the death, alas it goes to Spiderman. 'sides, there's few non-nigh-invincible heroes in Marvel or DC that take as much punishment as Spiderman and still keep going.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else think that the Goku vs. Superman ended kind of stupidly, though?

Superman blew up the Planet Earth...wat?

Well, they do remove any inhibition to kill or any reason to hold back for fairness..............

Edited by Chaos Warp

But...

They had Goku play by his own rules, then they have Superman destroy the planet he has sworn to protect. I guess Goku was at least right about him eventually destroying the planet. Now, no arguments that Supes would beat Goku but, he wouldn't blow up the planet.

Edited by King Of Awesome

But...

They had Goku play by his own rules, then they have Superman destroy the planet he has sworn to protect. I guess Goku was at least right about him eventually destroying the planet. Now, no arguments that Supes would beat Goku but, he wouldn't blow up the planet.

I suppose Supes could use the Dragon Balls to bring the Earth back (if Goku telepathically told him about that)...

I doubt that thing in all the spoiler boxes (seriously, what are you DOING in this thread if you haven't seen Superman vs Goku yet!?) happened on purpose. Besides, if it happened in-continuity, that person would find a way to undo the damage. The precedents go back decades.

I doubt that thing in all the spoiler boxes (seriously, what are you DOING in this thread if you haven't seen Superman vs Goku yet!?) happened on purpose. Besides, if it happened in-continuity, that person would find a way to undo the damage. The precedents go back decades.

I asked as a favor to just keep the current death battle's results spoiler tagged until an appropriate amount of time has passed (maybe a month or so or when the new death battle is announced).

People may have seen death battle before but have not seen the current one yet. 

Edited by goku262002

If they kept their morals during a Death Battle, it wouldn't be fair. They want each combatant to use their full power and hold nothing back so we can have a definite winner, that's why

Goku blew up the kryptonite, and Superman destroyed the planet.

Also, if morals were kept, Batman would automatically lose in any fight, as he's sworn never to kill, so there's another reason they have to drop them, to prevent situations like that.