Awoo.

Silencer226 Art Updated: 5-23-15

Silencer226

tumblr_inline_mpomydr2Mp1qz4rgp.jpg

I haven't drawn in 3 weeks, so here's a shitty drawing to revive this topic. Kbai.

• 2 weeks later...

My first digital painting attempt. I thought I'd pick a fun character, so I chose Platinum the Trinity from BlazBlue.

platinum_the_trinity_by_blazedsilencer-d

• Thumbs Up 5

For a first attempt your picture is amazing! I couldn't do anything even close to that when I started out. The shading is really delicate and looks well thought out.

I think you might have a real potential in digital art. I'd love to see a lot more of it :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, well thank you. :) I had a reference image to follow, so that lessened the struggle a bit, but it was mainly to make sure I was getting my color selection right.

That is some FANTASTIC colouring Noel! Well done! You need to work on your anatomy even more though, her legs and knee placement are way too far down, but you'll get it in time.

Seriously impressed with her hair shading the most though :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, now that I look at it those legs and knees are off. :P Not sure what/when my next illustration will get done, this one took me like 4 hours to do, I'm taking a bit of a break :P

That's fantastic. Great skills.

With all the art popping up lately, I'm a bit inspired to start drawing.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're really great at poses and showing natural movement. I have so much trouble with that. :) Keep up the great work!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

These are some still life's I did. I spent about 30-40 minutes on each one.

books_by_blazedsilencer-d6io2ky.jpg

I swear these are supposed to be books sitting on top of each other. I don't know how to get the lines in the pages to show up, so they look like square boxes now XD.

a_bowl_by_blazedsilencer-d6io2h7.jpg

I wasn't satisfied with the way the books turned out so I snagged one of our bowls from the kitchen (shhhh...) and decided to go to town. I have no proper sense of how to shade things, and I really need to learn. I have a book on it that I bought a year ago, perhaps its time to indulge in it. happy.png

This is something I did 2 nights ago.

fetal_position__by_blazedsilencer-d6io2b

I probably did about 15 thumbnails of this thing before I decided to go big. I had so much trouble with it but I think this one came close to getting it right.

Edit: Will update this post as I draw more today.

vase_by_blazedsilencer-d6iox3z.jpg

Not sure how long I spent on this one. I kind of like zone out when it comes to this stuff. tongue.png

Edit: Another One

a_basket_by_blazedsilencer-d6iqeww.jpg

It's a magical basket filled with magical goods. Sorry no bears may touch it.

That might be it for the day. I've drawn several objects around my house today.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

Today's sketch...

mr__skully_by_blazedsilencer-d6iw71o.jpg

He's lopsided on the left but oh well it turned out decent. Really just a study nothing big. I did a study on a flower with water droplets on it too, but it ended up looking rather diseased. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

A new still life.

a_still_life_by_blazedsilencer-d6jnwv0.j

and some lightbulbs.

light_bulbs_by_blazedsilencer-d6jnw9v.jp

I need to work on shading and blending. but yeah they turned out better than I was expecting.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this piece right here.

archer_illya_on_a_mountain_by_blazedsile

The next thing I want to draw is either Miku windsurfing, or Shantae.

tumblr_inline_mpwlqiBNsd1qz4rgp.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks Soniko, I spent a while on it, and it was a learning experience. I noticed on my last bits of art, the eyes seemed rather flat, so I wanted to try to fix that with this one, and I'm pleased with the results. ^_^

Thank you, I should start back working on my anatomy studies, I've kind of slacked off on it a bit in favor of learning how to paint digitally, which is a monster all its own to be honest. :P

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy to stop practising which is where it trips you up, so you kind of have to stick with it.

You're right Zeena/Soniko/Deathy so I've decided to get back into figure/gestural drawing practice. I noticed I can't draw a body for shit because I haven't been practicing like I should lately.

gesture_drawing_practice_by_blazedsilenc

I like this one because it looks like they're dancing. I wasn't actually going for that but it turned out nice, I think it looks like they have a bit of life to them.

gesture_drawing_by_blazedsilencer-d6n4k1

When I was sketching this figure, I noticed with each time i did it, I managed to fix something. The third time was the charm almost, but I still have some mistakes that I need to fix.

• Thumbs Up 3

Doodles, I'm really loving Gatchaman Crowds.

pai_pai_had_too_much_pie_by_blazedsilenc

This next one is a work in progress, it will be a full work of art by the end of the week, count on it.

hajime_pose_scrap_by_blazedsilencer-d6nq

As you can tell its really rough, but the main thing I'm going for is making sure I have that pose down.

And this is a figure study, nothing bad but if you hate looking at a butt, then don't unspoil this.

a_figure_study_by_blazedsilencer-d6nq6pc

• Thumbs Up 1

That's very good. I'm not sure how well known this is, but the professionals seem to draw a character as a naked figure at first, just like you did there, before adding clothing details.

I got an example from one of my "How to draw Manga" books.

5639136743_e5039135be.jpg

Just figured it would be worth mentioning that I think your on the right path for achieving excellent quality manga style art.

Edited by DanJ86

Yea, I've been doing that since like the beginning of the year. It's a really great way to get things done right, because I know how the clothes will wrinkle and fold.

• Thumbs Up 1

work_in_progress_by_blazedsilencer-d6o0x

Work in progress, not finalized, just wanting some critic, though I know no one will because I sux at artz. ;A; *runs away*