Awoo.

Silencer226 Art Updated: 5-23-15

Silencer226

tumblr_inline_mm317ySNbZ1qz4rgp.jpg

My attempt at sketching without a reference, I guess it turned out ok. The rest from here on are reference sketches.

tumblr_inline_mm318cMkdf1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mm4yugg4Lx1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mm4yuhVUyW1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mm4yv9Dz7y1qz4rgp.jpg

Marvel and Bridgman books. Funny enough the Marvel book actually used the Life Drawing Book by Bridgman in its Bibliography, I thought that was pretty cool, I had no idea.

Practice is definitely paying off, you're getting form down pretty nicely and shape is also starting to...well...Take shape haha! I think you should use some more wire frames and guide lines for the legs too, to get proportions and sizing in check, keep it up!

Thanks Soniko!

And slacked off for like 2 days because of stupid projects for class, I still have more work to do like a photoshop poster (which I'll post here when I finish maybe). But anyway, I decided to do a sketch referencing a pose in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro (which is free right now btw)

tumblr_inline_mmc3h9gsdj1qz4rgp.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So yeah I have a project I have to do in my photoshop class. So I thought i'd unleash the inner Playstation fanboy inside of me...

PosterProject_zps62061ba9.png

It sucks I'm going to have to redo this because I forgot to change my settings to 300dpi for print, and instead did it in 72dpi for web... shitty 72dpi looks like shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like it, except that I feel like there's too much going on. You should get rid of the characters in the back or put them inside the PlayStation logo. Also you want more space between the controller and "PS4."

Yeah get rid of Cole and Gravity falls girl, or add them to the logo, you could always do some red glow in the Killzone guy's eyes, centre the logo and pull the PS4 wording and slogan down.

It'll look so much better then, this is pretty sick otherwise Noel, very nice typography! 

Alright, thanks for the critique. Anyway, as said before I had to recreate the poster from scratch at 300dpi. And I also took some advice from you guys and if I could get some more critique.

Poster.jpg

Poster%20No%20Background.jpg

One has no background, the other does, I'm kind of at a crossroads with both to be honest. Kind of sad photobucket decreases the quality of the images, but, if they didn't you'd be looking at like a gigantic 11x17 size poster on the page xD. And must agree, looking at the first image, there was a lot going on, hopefully its toned down now.

Edited by Black Raven
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well anyway, design project submitted and turned in, turns out, the wasn't due on the 7th it was due Thursday. Oh well, I enjoyed working on it so that's all that matters, teacher's need to get their shit together, I know its the end of the year but you need to get your dates and shit right and stop confusing your students.

Anyway, enough rant, more practice work.

tumblr_inline_mmhssnc50u1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmhstjja0J1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmhsu0rmQl1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmhsudkZYT1qz4rgp.jpg

So, yes I've mostly worked with female figures, I'm going to practice drawing males starting next week. Um, and also foreshortening and heads. I would like to tackle my first character design this summer but, not so sure there's still much I need to figure out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dead right if the head right Biggie there every night... no shame at all. tongue.png Just some sketches from the Marvel style book.

tumblr_inline_mmn6i54gZq1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmn6icYuiI1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmn6ik47J01qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Black Raven

Back again with some new stuff.

tumblr_inline_mmsnti8clW1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mmsr31QxCW1qz4rgp.jpg

Guess they turned out ok, just gotta do some better refining I suppose.

I've been a lazy sack of shit so I decided to do some sketching today.

tumblr_inline_mn40x8v0ot1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40xdDNZQ1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40xhl3Lu1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40xqyOLU1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40xuk57J1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40xzDjMG1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40y3SvNU1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40y8SDd31qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40ycL1vq1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40ygdzJn1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mn40ylvUW11qz4rgp.jpg

Not much but eh.

I'm really liking these latest sketches, especially how you really map out a full three-dimensional view of how they're put together. I do similar stuff sometimes but not on this level. Seems like you've got a great understanding of the body as well, and learning all this now will really help you out later.

Really cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heh thanks man, I really owe my work process to this book.

61LBxECOJJL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Like mapping out the structure is something I always had trouble with until I read through this. I can highly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to learn comic book style anatomy.

So Noelly is kinda lazy and has no fucking clue where to start with foreshortening, but because he can't get anywhere staring at a blank piece of paper, he took the plunge and starting *le gasp* DRAWING ON DA PAPA!

tumblr_inline_mn8kb145so1qz4rgp.jpg

LOL WTF IS THIS SHIT

tumblr_inline_mn8kbomcr61qz4rgp.jpg

...No words

tumblr_inline_mn8kchgxyy1qz4rgp.jpg

...Can describe how

tumblr_inline_mn8kdi63J71qz4rgp.jpg

...Fucking hard

tumblr_inline_mn8ken4AHN1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mn8kfpbr7B1qz4rgp.jpg

This foreshortening shit is for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Magazine pictures... used one for a reference to do this rough sketch.

tumblr_inline_mnbw1cyxX71qz4rgp.jpg

Will probably come back at a later date to flesh it out more and make it look like a character. But for now I think just getting the basic framework is the most important thing right now. I've gotten faster at getting these things drawn. Like I hope I am improving.

tumblr_inline_mnd9rkYKkL1qz4rgp.jpg

S'all I got today... I've slacked off, next week I need to push myself to do better... But yeah, so of course its a figure drawing of a bikini model in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.  Bitchiest thing ever cuz foreshortening.. 

tumblr_inline_mnhgwbBqVl1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnhgx1W9Ra1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnhgx4XHJS1qz4rgp.jpg

Foreshortening is such a weird thing. I'm trying to challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone. Hopefully I can eventually nail this down somewhat. The third image is the hardest fucking pose I've ever attempted, and I'm planning on doing it again and again until it starts to look right.

Edit: Attempt 4 on 3rd figure drawing.

tumblr_inline_mnhnyiHlry1qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Noel

tumblr_inline_mnklvplqb11qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnmiddddke1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnmie0gLyH1qz4rgp.jpg

Atlas of Human Anatomy, skeleton example sketch.

tumblr_inline_mnkm33heZZ1qz4rgp.jpg

Update, will probably begin a full blown piece in another month. I've been following some different tutorials, hopefully I pull something together.

Edited by Noel

Take an underdrawing

tumblr_inline_mnq6tt0NXP1qz4rgp.jpg

Add clothes

tumblr_inline_mnstk0Qe8R1qz4rgp.jpg

Redraw it because you're not satisfied lol. And yes I am trying to draw Noel Vermillion.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated this in a while...

tumblr_inline_mntsrlq79L1qz4rgp.jpg

Ignore, this turned out terrible...

tumblr_inline_mnvmlogq8X1qz4rgp.jpg

Shit...

tumblr_inline_mocl7xSVuB1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mocl7kQzbL1qz4rgp.jpg

After failing so bad on the previous ones I went back to practicing anatomy again... why do I fail so bad at this art stuff. :<

tumblr_inline_mocl71AaWj1qz4rgp.jpg

Drew a box of tissues to wipe my tears of frustration away.

• 2 weeks later...

Because over the past 2 weeks I haven't done shit and I feel like shit. So I went with something basic, a 2 point perspective study.

tumblr_mopqgzOEmN1sn0i0ao1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1