Awoo.

Silencer226 Art Updated: 5-23-15

Silencer226

ACK! NOEL!

I'M IN CLASS! I HAVE TOO LOOK AT THIS LATER! D:

But you got my U GOT TALENT AWARD just because.

They all look good, but the two that stand out the most to me are the gesture done in pen and the lady's face. The pen one because I really haven't seen too many sketches done in pen, and the lady, as creepy looking as it is, is in my opinion, the best of the lot. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your critique guys.  I should take another class over the summer. I really enjoyed it. But this semester I have a an art anatomy class too. :P So expect stuff from there as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've updated. I bought a new book and did a lesson from it. I really hate the hands.

Scan0005.jpg

Edited by Jetstream Sam
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey! Keep it up man, this sort of stuff will really help you nail down the basics and once you've got those down you can really start developing a really solid style from it.  I think its awesome you're doing this and I already see some improvements from the first post to that latest drawing.

Thank you Raiden. Well, its time to post new sketches. Sorry if all I currently have are just sketches of examples from textbooks and junk I've bought recently but they're helping. smile.png

IMG_007.jpg

IMG_008.jpg

Edited by Noel the Gunslinger
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, taking a break from LP'ing Sonic Adventure for the day. I got some time to do some sketches. I've been copying sketches from George Bridgman, and its been helping me with anatomy a lot. So I'll share some new stuff I've done.

tumblr_inline_mkn72dur3m1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkidudLvq71qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkn73hQtQh1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkn74fmjPT1qz4rgp.jpg

They're not complete figures but its been pretty neat practice. I also have a Tumblr now, so if you want to catch up with what I'm working on you can go HERE. biggrin.png

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well here's some more stuff, I decided to break from the Bridgman sketches and try out my How to Draw the Marvel Way, book. It's pretty cool, if you haven't looked at it, you should check it out. happy.png Basically just working with basic shapes to make stuff, the gun was pretty cool, cubes and cylinders, was kind of difficult. 

tumblr_inline_mkqybqt8Sx1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkqybzsq4V1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkqyc7wsbn1qz4rgp.jpg

I fucked up that car, I'll try it again later tonight. tongue.png I wish I could have gotten DD's face right, in the book he looked more serious, in mine he looks kind of sad. :<

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking good. Seems like you have no problems accurately matching details from other things. If it helps, I can suggest some alternatives for the badly made wooden manikins artists are suppose to use.

Like this couple:

MVSS1201.jpg

The Art Buck Anatomical Manikin Male & Female Version.

I own both of these and have already drawn a couple of pictures with there help. There no perfect like the wooden ones, but are way, WAY more pose-able. They also come with a stand.

612Kq4k-OpL.jpg

Spider-Man 2: The Movie-18 " Amazing Spider-Man Super Poseable Action Figure-67 points of articulation.

I don't own this one, but I have read a lot about what other artists consider the best in terms of manikins. And many have considered this one to be a type of "Holy Grail" I know that not only can the main limbs be posed, but also individual fingers and even make him stand on his tippy toes.

From what I've seen when I found one in online stores, the price varies greatly. So be careful who you buy from if you choose to get this. I've seen some around the price of 40$ or 60$, while others go up and over 100$ or 200$.

Just a suggestion though. From what I've seen, you can even buy software involving an artist manikin.

Thanks, for the tips, I'll look into the Spiderman figure at a later date, my funds are kind of tight at the moment. But, here's some more stuff I've sketched today. 

tumblr_inline_mkz0ereHfF1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkz0ewQ9xp1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mkz0f0vGcS1qz4rgp.jpg

And yes I absolutely hate the last one. I should have spent more time focusing on it but its like 12:30 am and my eyes are telling me to go to sleep. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_inline_ml3ta4EnYh1qz4rgp.jpg

How to Draw the Marvel Way, taking a break from the Bridgman book and drawing some stuff out of the new book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Swinging into action

tumblr_inline_ml5m24WNyd1qz4rgp.jpg

Look ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, here comes the Spider-Man! I'm working with How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way, so a lot of stuff won't be new looking lol. More to come chums.

Edited by Black Raven
  • Thumbs Up 2

Really liking the Spider-Man one Noel, some nice perspective going there, just need to fine tune the anatomy.

Sweet! It seems like as you go along you get a little looser, you might want to try loosening up before you get into the nitty-gritty next time. Try warming up beforehand, I usually draw a bunch of shapes and keep my pencil planted on the paper without lifting it. I know when I warm-up for about half an hour drawing is a lot easier and fluid. 

Also, I suggest this dude to just about every practicing artist I know, but have you ever heard of Sycra? He's an awesome Youtube artist with incredible video tutorials.

Keep up the good work. 8)

Thank you guys for the advice,  today I'm feeling a bit out of it with drawing at the moment. I've been trying to do at least something everyday even if its just a scribble. I at least want my pencil to keep moving.  Sketching examples has helped me understood anatomy more than I used to. I'll hopefully be able to get back into the swing of things by tomorrow.

Edited by Black Raven

Well, guess I'll post today's sketches (and a couple from yesterday tongue.png)

tumblr_inline_ml9v7etNbW1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_ml9v88PFek1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_ml9v8pQURB1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_ml9v8zC3NW1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_ml9v9dnj6d1qz4rgp.jpg

First one is from yesterday I kind was out of it. The rest I did today I believe. The last 2 sketch sheets are from How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.  Welp, that's all I guess. I'm starting to understand the beauty of what a single line can produce. The rhythm of the figures I'm doing are all the result of a single line, and to me that's pretty damn cool.

Edited by Black Raven
  • Thumbs Up 4

I slacked off ;A;, so here's some new sketches. So, I've decided to draw figures outside of the Marvel book and the Bridgman book. I bought some Spider-Man comics and I also took a peak inside my nude figure art book and got to work on some stuff.

tumblr_inline_mlf115YUP31qz4rgp.jpg

Ok so this is from the Bridgman book, but I like to practice out of it.

tumblr_inline_mlf11uHEKX1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlb0b3z8oP1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlf11jegkV1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlf126Lpjx1qz4rgp.jpg

Well that's all folks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's some more shitty sketches, I spent the weekend out of town so I feel kind of drained. And yes I like Spider-Man. Again this is not my original idea, but something I redrew using methods I've learned from some of my books. I plan on making my own original works over the summer, but right now I'm just learning how to actually draw the figure. And my sketchbook is half full now.

tumblr_inline_mlq01iPEhC1qz4rgp.jpg

Edited by Black Raven

I slacked off all week with practice... this is some stuff I did today, not much.

tumblr_inline_mlxjac5RmT1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlxjaoaYjF1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlxjawwkxF1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlxjb0YVN01qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mlxjb8GViP1qz4rgp.jpg

I'm going to get into drawing actual stuff in the summer. Hopefully, I have plans for my own character I just need to get a few more bits of practice in before I start on it.

I know know... boring ass figure drawings with no personality. I'm going to be designing characters and shit in the summer so keep your bras on.

tumblr_inline_mm1vihQ5cf1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mm1vil2jQD1qz4rgp.jpgtumblr_inline_mm1viqF5Ov1qz4rgp.jpg

Keep practicing, I don't think these are boring at all, they're all pretty good. Even from the very start of this thread your stuff's been great. Once you start on your own characters, they're really gonna be something special because of all the practice you're doing now.

Really appreciate the feedback guys. I've been doing nonstop practice since February, it seems to be paying off.